Cafe Mozart Restaurant
829 Front Street
Leavenworth, WA 98826Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Mozart Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafemozartrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5095480600
- Hours of Operation:
October - May: Friday - Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm & Dinner: 4:30pm - 8:00pm; June - September: Monday - Sunday: Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm & Dinner: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, Contemporary European, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Richard Zucktriegel & Sous Chef Rene Torres
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano music on most weekends.
A word from Cafe Mozart Restaurant
Cafe Mozart is both a romantic & unpretentious downtown restaurant that charms guests with its "Old World" atmosphere, lilting piano music, downtown views, huge wine selection, great food & service. German Chef Richard turns out German, Austrian, French & Northwest cuisine with a modern flair. Don't forget you can enjoy outdoor dining during the summer as you view our wonderful park & just enjoy life as it goes by. We are very proud to have one of the largest wine cellars in the area...we call it the "The Wine Attic" which has a huge selection of local, domestic & foreign wines to choose from. You may also wish to start your meal with a cocktail & we have a nice selection for you. Last, but by no means least... you can top off a wonderful meal with a great glass of port. If you are celebrating a special occasion...birthday, anniversary, graduation, reunion, wedding or just want a great dining experience then Cafe Mozart is for you. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Mozart Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leavenworth ›
Cafe Mozart Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Cafe Mozart is always our German restaurant of choice when my sister and I visit Leavenworth. We especially LOVE the sauerbraten. It's always so delicious and tender. It cuts like butter. We also loved the Bavarian salad sampler. It was wonderful! Every selection was yummy. It's a meal in itself. We always enjoy the piano music. The young man who was playing has been there before and his wonderful talent adds to the relaxed atmosphere. I always feel like I'm in a very classy restaurant with excellent food, great atmosphere, and good service. It's a must!Special Features:
- The escargot was fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I visit Leavenworth frequently, and for whatever reason we'd never stopped to eat at Cafe Mozart. After researching online I booked reservations and we ate supper there. I ordered the pork loin dish and my husband ordered the hanger steak! I also ordered the escargots even though my hubby was super skeptical. OMG, this dish was so delicious!!! We will be visiting the Cafe again and will be ordering the escargots. It was a perfect balance of flavors and just the right serving amount for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueSparty74Dined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent and really a good value.. Our server was prompt, highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Nice eveningMarthaDined on 10/14/2014Had a wonderful dinner and met another couple, after we checked out their dinner, that we continued the evening with later. Dinner for two was great as we didn't have to make a choice, we each got a little bit of several dishes. Will definitely go back on another visit.Special Features:
- Nice vacation dinner spotmrbspoDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I have dined at this wonderful Leavenworth restaurant for a number of years now and we have always had a great experience. This time around I had a nicely prepared Rib eye steak and my wife had Sauerbraten. Both entrees were very enjoyable. Try the raspberry balsamic dressing with comes with their dinner salad, its quite tasty. Overall we recommend this gem to all we know who are on their way the Leavenworth. They are always consistent in the food, service, ambiance and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redcadiDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful as all ways. ?Always enjoy dinniing at Cafe Mozart.Special Features:
- Not as special as advertisedFoodPilgrimDined on 8/23/2014The Tyrolean Mixed Grill was excellent, the Zwiebelrostbraten (ribeye) was good, however the trout was average and seemed less than fresh. Service was adequate, except for the long wait for the check (we had to get up and ask the host for our check). The keyboardist playing near the front was a bit loud and the sound of the keyboard was too electronic to be a welcoming background.Special Features:
- Wow. Just wow.MichaelBDined on 8/22/2014Once again, a trip to Leavenworth is not complete without a visit and meal at Café Mozart. Our retirement plans are taking us out of WA state (thank goodness), so this was in all likelihood the 'last' trip to Leavenworth, and THE ONLY REASON we would ever come back to this state is Leavenworth and Café Mozart. We are going to miss the atmosphere, the service and the food. Greatly, we are going to miss it.Special Features:
- Good food but strange ambienceDineoutmomDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I wanted to have some great German food. We also wanted a site down restaurant that had a romantic feel. For us the food and service were great but the music playing was strange. I felt like I was in a star wars movie. Also it was a bit too quiet. We felt we had to whisper or everyone could hear us.Special Features:
- GreatAmyDVIPDined on 7/28/2014I really enjoy my dinner at cafe Mozart. Great food. I was looking forward to the meal and it did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be sure to order GERMAN!TanJen456Dined on 7/23/2014My husband and I had dinner here on a recent trip to Leavenworth. The snails were OUTSTANDING!! My husband had the Jagerschnitzel, and said he loved it. I tasted his red cabbage, and it was delicious. I had the "german rib eye", and that is where everything went wrong. I ordered medium rare, but one half was well done, and the other half was BLUE! My steak was supposed to have a cream sauce..nada! Server never came back and asked us how the food was, so I just ate it, as I was hungry. If you want Schnitzel, this is the place to go!!!Special Features:
- Tracy69Dined on 7/12/2014Love this place, my favorite restaurant in Leavenworth, we go back every time we are there!Special Features:
- Great Ethnic FoodFoodoutDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed the German food. It was a great place to try the german menu. Limited selection. Very Good cheese fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Cafe Mozart Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fab!HotlipsDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful service and food! I would dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- German FoodKirClarkDined on 6/7/2014In Leavenworth many visitors like to eat German food. This is a good restaurant to visit as they have a number of German specialties. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leavenworths gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014Excellent atmosphere and great food. If you're looking for a great dinner in Leavenworth don't miss Cafe' Mozart.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My husband and I have been to Café Mozart several times when we have visited Leavenworth. This trip, we brought our son and his family for the Maifest. The two boys, 9 and 4 were treated wonderfully and of course, we were too. The food and menu choices have always been an example of German culinary excellence! It was a special evening with all the discussion of the different menu selections we had each chosen. The service is wonderful and we all enjoyed the piano!Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary dinningTHCCDined on 5/3/2014A wonderful place where my wife and I could spend our tenth anniversary dinner at.Special Features:
- Moderately priced good foodpan2VIPDined on 4/28/2014We were here during the down season so there was no noise at all which we liked a lot. The food was good and reasonably priced. Music in the background was lovely too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozart beer is the bestdaretoDined on 4/18/2014We had some German type food, that was very good. Other people seem enjoyed it too. Mozart beer was great, and we even picked up a couple of bottles next day to bring home as a souvenir.Special Features:
- Delicious!!LeslieDined on 4/12/2014I am a gluten-free diner, so I was pleased to find selections that were suitable to my diet. I ordered the rainbow trout and it was FABULOUS!! It came with lyonaise potatoes and I ordered a side of fresh green beans. They, too, were FABULOUS!!! Next time we go, I plan to order the same thing. We had cocktails before dinner. My martini was perfecto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBuddDined on 4/5/2014We talked to some locals and asked them for the best German restaurant in Leavenworth, and they unanimously said "Cafe Mozart". Our experience lived up to the expectations. Food was consistently outstanding, and the Mozart’s Marzipan Torte, a multi-layered dense cake filled with an almond cream and topped with pure dark chocolate, was the perfect dessert. The service was excellent, as well, with pleasant piano music to enhance the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in a tourest townmickeyDined on 2/14/2014We recently spent Valentines day in Leavenworth. I booked reservations in advance at the Mozart Café after doing a little internet research, The restaurant was cute, the staff was attentive with quick service and the food was flawless. We chose the Valentines day special, Château Briand for two with all the trimmings including desert. The beef was fantastic - cooked perfectly - as was all of the meal - we were very pleased! I had made prior plans to have dinner at Mortons in Seattle - this meal was every bit as good as any top quality steak house at 1/2 the price. The sides were delicious and the desert - a Ganache covered chocolate hazelnut mousse - was excellent ! Good wine selection too, and live classical piano to boot. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my birthday special.PChan2013Dined on 2/8/2014My husband took me to Leavenworth for my birthday and wanted to take me to a romantic place for dinner. They had a window table waiting for us so we could watch the snow falling. The food was excellent, exactly what I missed from our last trip here. The servers were polite and on their game. Would have been better if couples could be seated away from larger groups/families. We ended up sitting next to each other just to hear one another over the din.Special Features:
- Better than most in LeavenworthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014I very much liked this place and thought it was the best German food in Leavenworth. I only wish they had more options for their schnitzel. Marinara sauce with cheese just doesn't fit. Loved that it was quiet and no screaming kidsSpecial Features:
- Great German food in Leavenworth!OregonfamDined on 1/2/2014Our party of 6 enjoyed a wonderful German dinner. We were seated in a private room, right off of the main dining area. This created a neat atmosphere for our group. Service was excellent, and we all enjoyed our various dinners. Two of our party shared the combination platter which contained most of the traditional German favorites. The beer and wine selection were excellent, as well. We definitely will return the next time we're in Leavenworth! Thanks for the great dinner!Special Features:
- Christmas Eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013The food was average. I had Viena Snitchzel and it was just a piece of breaded meat with 2 1/8th of a boiled ppotato That was it!!! No greens no sauce just meat and a little potato. I thought this was very poor. Also because it was Christmas it was a set menu. Not much choice so I missed out on the first course because I dont eat Clam Chowder. A little more choice would have been nice. I dont think I would go back again I would rather cheese and wine in my room
- Nice Spot in LeavenworthalfyDined on 12/13/2013...to dodge the crowds and get a good bite to eat in not an overtly cheesy atmosphere. It is low light ambiance with a pianist. Very lovely view of the town at the seats by the window. The food is ok, nothing special, but certainly not bad either. We actually shared the platter and everything hit the spot. I was surprised that the pork shanks were lean and tender - at first I admit, I thought they were going to be like rubber. The fried cheese appetizer was fun too - I cant remember the last time I had a fried cheese stick.Special Features:
- Classic German upper end restaurantjwreviewVIPDined on 11/20/2013Classic German upper end restaurant. Well appointed. Good wine selection. Would return on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013Really enjoyed the night. My only issue would be that the food be a little hotter. We sat near front windows and I know the kitchen was towards the back. I just would of enjoyed it much more if the food would of been hotter. But it was so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Restaurantgermanchick100Dined on 10/18/2013Cafe Mozart was a delightful little restaurant that serves up some of the best jaeger schnitzel and red cabbage I've ever tasted. The leek soup was terrific as well. I highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe MozartMikeyJDined on 10/11/2013We were a group of eight. We ended up arriving an hour earlier than our reservation and they were able to accommodate us. Everyone enjoyed their meal except the person who ordered the ribeye steak. Wouldn't have been my first choice in a German restaurant. Been to Germany a few times and this was very similar to what I had there. Good sized portions too. We would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013Our experience at Mozart's was superb. We had great service, outstanding food and really good wine. Made friends with people at adjacent tables which made our evening even more special. Thank you!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsCarolDined on 9/26/2013I chose Café Mozart to celebrate my birthday. This was our third visit and, as always, it was not a disappointment. The food was excellent, our favorite wine was available, and the restaurant even made a special plate of German fare for my husband, that he requested. The ambiance is so nice with the soft lighting and beautiful background music. Will continue coming back to this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to LeavenworthBernieDined on 9/7/2013We visited Leavenworth for our 23rd anniversary and chose Cafe Mozart for our dining experience. We were not disappointed. I am half German and grew up on German food. The sauerbraten and red cabbage were almost as good as my mom's. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met my expectationsTheBeeDined on 6/9/2013We made reservations for my daughter and I to share a birthday celebration, as both of our birthdays are in the same month. My daughter was hesitant when she looked at the menu as she thought there weren't enough German selections. But the waitress explained the menu a bit and we decided to stay. The food was very tasty and I was not regretful that we made the decision to stay. I had the sauerbraten and she had the schnitzel. We were both very pleased with our meals and the selection of imported beers and cocktails are awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, great ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2013Wonderful food, great ambiance, great cocktails! Had the one of the best Bloody Mary's I've ever had! The red cabbage is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the worst meals everadventurousVIPDined on 5/11/2013This was one of the worst meals we have ever had at a restaurant. My partner ordered the sauerbraten which was so salty and had a horrible gravy which seemed to come straight out of a can. We also ordered a side of garlic wild mushrooms. Those were almost certainly out of a can to which they added raw minced garlic out of a jar and oil and warmed it up in a microwave. The duck breast salad was acceptable--the duck breast was good but the salad had way too much dressing. The wait staff were unprofessional and forgot to bring my partner's beer. The quality of the food and the poor service were especially surprising considering the price point--entrees $18-30.
- We thought this was one ofnocookingtonightDined on 4/26/2013We thought this was one of the better authentic German menu options we had while in Leavenworth.Special Features:
- Food overall was good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Food overall was good, but the meat in two dishes where a little dry.Special Features: