Ashley Park Lane Suite 108
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafemonte.net/
- Phone: 7045521116
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Lunch: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 3:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Justin Mendenhall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sandwiches, Salades, Quiche, Hot Entrees, Breakfast Pastries and Fruit, Great Coffee, Cheese and Charcuterie, Desserts, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Private Party Facilities: Opening Soon a Private room for 30 guests, separate area, bar and Audio Visual.
- Private Party Contact: Monte Smith 704-965-2788
A word from Cafe Monte
Cafe Monte brings French fare to Charlotte. Classic favorites served all day include quiches and crepes, eggs, waffles, french toast, along with Freshly baked artisan breads, pain du croissants. In the evening enjoy Bistro service and classics like duck confit and trout amandine. This French Bakery and Bistro has a delectable dish for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Monte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Cafe Monte reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (136)great for brunch (135)fit for foodies (127)great for lunch (106)special occasion (99)romantic (81)great for outdoor dining (56)notable wine list (54)good for groups (48)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Never a Bad MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014This is the fourth or fifth time I have dined at Cafe Monte and I must seriously say I have never had a bad meal here. Everything was impeccable. The attention to detail is wonderful. You can not go wrongSpecial Features:
- Cafe Monte's is always greatdiningoutDined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed lunch there. Friendly and helpful wait staff. Food is very good. Atmosphere is lively. A French bistro in CharlotteSpecial Features:
- Always a quality mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014Great meal and great service!.........................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsshoebedoDined on 10/11/2014We went here for the first time, mostly to hear the amazing pianist Ethan Uslan. We were impressed immediately by the warm greeting and friendly service. Then came an artichoke appetizer, spinach and arugula salad, crepes -- one lobster and crab, one chicken and mushroom -- and everything was superb. The portions were generous enough that we look two meals home (where they were just as good). We definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Great brunch find!loveitalianVIPDined on 10/11/2014The coffee was delicious, the omelette was we chose had Brie cheese along with bacon and veggies...it was really good. The crepes we selected were equally tasty. The banana flambé was especially amazing! Even potato cake garnish that accompanied the omelette was really good. An all around nice Saturday morning experience! Seems like a popular place to meet a group for a weekend brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delicious!tingDined on 10/10/2014first rate - fantastic food - excellent service! this is a regular dining spot for us and we love to try different things from the menu each time - always always delicious! love Cafe' Monte!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsBirthdayDined on 10/7/2014Three people celebrating one friend's birthday....great place for special occasions....Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchFoodlover622Dined on 10/5/2014Food was delicious! Was totally having one of those moments where I was savoring every bite. I can't wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfastkensVIPDined on 10/5/2014Really enjoyed breakfast. Food was excellent. 2 of us had omelettes and 1 had a crab cake Benedict. Service also excellent. Kept the coffee flowing. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foo, great serviceCltbillVIPDined on 10/4/2014My swordfish was prepared perfectly - tender and moist. My spouse enjoyed her flounder and thought it was an interesting preparation. Lisa W was an excellent server - very knowledgeable and candid with a good grasp of the menu. Not afraid to offer advice. Nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had better...Winendine8VIPDined on 10/3/2014So when you order soup and salad first, it USUALLY comes first! We got everything at one time! Then our server attempted to take our appetizer away, even tho we were not done with it, bc he said we needed room on our table. Well if our soup and salad came FIRST like we asked then our hot food wouldn't have been sitting getting cold while we finished them.
- joeyjoeyDined on 10/1/2014One of our go-to places in Charlotte. Food is consistently very good. Only downside is the noise level.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysRonWVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Monte's numerous times and have never been disappointed in the food or service. It has become our 'go to' dining stop!Special Features:
- Little bit of FranceBodilDined on 9/25/2014Always love dining here! The food is truly French. The pastries are outstanding too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cake wasn't freshUnhappycustomerDined on 9/19/2014This time I ordered the crab cake sandwich and it wasn't fresh and has some shell in the sandwich. Disappointed about the service this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service - Above and BeyondLDQuinnVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have dined frequently at Cafe Monte and, as always, the experience was wonderful. We had taken a relative there to celebrate her move to Charlotte and her new job. So, as one could imagine, the conversation took precedence over all else.So, we took a longer time than normal over cocktails, ordering, etc., etc., etc. Rachel took care of us in a supremely excellent manner - patient, understanding and very gracious. The waitstaff at Cafe Monte is generally above average. Rachel took the service component to a new level. Thank you, Rachel, for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- Great foodUnhappycustomerDined on 9/11/2014This place I discovered a year ago and it becomes one of my favorite restaurant in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic duckWillDined on 9/10/2014Monte and his crew did an outstanding job. The service was excellent, and the duck was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadent! Lovely!sassyaboutfoodDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed brunch with three other ladies this week. Two had birthdays and they made it very special for them. The cocktails and coffee are wonderful! The food is decadent and plentiful. You will not leave hungry! The staff really do a great job of providing a pleasant not arrogant feel while pulling out all the "French" stops! Will go again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls BrunchYummmDined on 9/7/2014I went here with 3 girlfriends (my 3rd visit) and have yet to be disappointed. French onion soup was amazing. Beignets were fluffy and tasty. Beautiful little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DixonjarDined on 9/2/2014My friends and I celebrated my birthday at Café Monte recently. They were very accommodating to our needs for our festivities. The food was amazing and special orders were taken. Definitely a place to return and try new things! The service was amazing and they bent over backwards. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGFoodieGDined on 8/31/2014Excellent French cuisine and our favorite spot for brunch in the neighborhood. Reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDrowninginbutterDined on 8/30/2014Went here for wife's birthday with older daughter (24). We had to ask for bread after 15 min from the busboy. I ordered the trout specifically asking for no butter on it which the waitress noted. The trout was served with no less than a melted stuck of butter pored over it and about 30 capers. I really couldnt eat it. The waitress asked if we could just tip the plate and pour some butter off. We went here for Queens Feast with a large group of coworkers and enjoyed it. Wer returned for this special occassion. We opted out of dessert. They did comp the trout, but I had to make something to eat when I got home. I didnt want to spoil the occassion, but I was aggravated with the kitchen and waitress for being unable to get this right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service and great food! Great spot for meeting friends for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous wine tasting dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014We've eaten at Cafe Monte many times but this was our first wine tasting dinner. The cantaloupe and cucumber gazpacho w/crispy prosciutto was a lovely summertime soup. The crab stuffed flounder was very good especially w/the addition of butternut squash paired with a tarragon walnut brown butter. The 4th course filet au poivre was nicely seasoned but I couldn't finish it all. Everything was so enjoyable, we suggested to our waitress that they add these to their regular menu.Special Features:
- Cafe Monte does not disappointbanksidedriveDined on 8/25/2014Oldie but a goodie -- it's always reliable, lovely service, food up to expectations. I love to eat here. Their recorded music level is usually too loud for conversation, so I opt to eat outside whenever possible. It was a gorgeous Charlotte night the other evening, so all around, terrific experience. Their front desk hostess is spectacular -- so warm, so accomodating, so welcoming. She's a star, but so is every waitstaff I've encountered there. They just lift the dining experience one level higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most excellent!appmanDined on 8/23/2014A very nice place to converse and eat. Excellent attention by the server. Really good food. My wife and I will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodartist66Dined on 8/23/20146 of us went on a Saturday evening. One person ordered Steak au Poive and the meat was so tough she couldn't eat it. The accompanying green beans and fries were cold when they were served. But the restaurant did not charge her for her dinner. The rest of us thoroughly enjoyed our mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysHughDined on 8/22/2014Love Cafe Monte--always great! The food is really delicious, the desserts divine and the coffee the best in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite breakfast & Great WaiterChristineVIPDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy the french country breakfast, omelets, and coffee at Cafe Monte, as well as their brie en croute with apples and walnuts. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeDeDined on 8/21/2014Disappointed - I always liked this neighborhood café; but lately the food preparation haws been poor-- not like it use to be.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDonwill10VIPDined on 8/17/2014Sunday brunch is always a pleasure. Food is excellent, Service is excellence, and the place is just happy.Special Features:
- Out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We've eaten at Cafe Monte in the past few years. Food was delish, but our view was always the bathroom. Gave it one more chance and were seated in the front cafe section. Much better area and loved our meal. Came back for brunch and sat in same area. Brunch ambience was perfectly delightful. We'll be back en Feb. definitely will eat at C M then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSascolVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has been around for a while but it was my first visit. Large bar and nice atmosphere in the dining area. The menu is somewhat unique and everything we ordered was delicious. Desert was great and we got desert from the case for the next night on the way out. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- what a findcjdumontDined on 8/16/2014This was an amazing experience and the food was outstanding. service is tremendous - and just a wonderful experience overall - high recommendSpecial Features:
- Another great evening!km80Dined on 8/15/2014Cafe Monte has become our go-to place for a lovely evening out. We appreciate that dinner here can be paced according to your wishes-- we have never felt rushed. Too many corporate-owned restaurants seem to value turning tables quickly rather than taking cues from their guests. The food is consistently good, and the service is top-notch. Plus, we love the evenings that feature live music--truly a special place!Special Features:
- Cafe Monte always gooddiningoutDined on 8/15/2014I had lunch there recently. The food and service were both great. It's bustling at lunch--some business people and some families and friends. Love the French bistro atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very pleasedHappydiningDined on 8/14/2014This was our first visit to Cafe monte and we went for an anniversary dinner. Our table was ready, the service was impeccable and the food was very good. We liked the variety on the menu and the soft French background music. We can't wait to try it for brunch!Special Features:
- Yuuuum!Winendine8VIPDined on 8/11/2014Everything was wonderful! The atmosphere, the outstanding service, the delicious apps and dinner! Let's not forget the yummy desserts!!!!Special Features:
- WonderfulSandy7VIPDined on 8/11/2014I have written about Cafe Monte many times. The food is excellent as is the impeccable service by Javier. Nothing is too much trouble for Javier or our other favorite server,Ellen. We have always had wonderful,marvelous food at Cafe Monte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.