Ashley Park Lane Suite 108
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafemonte.net/
- Phone: 7045521116
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Lunch: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 3:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Justin Mendenhall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sandwiches, Salades, Quiche, Hot Entrees, Breakfast Pastries and Fruit, Great Coffee, Cheese and Charcuterie, Desserts, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Private Party Facilities: Opening Soon a Private room for 30 guests, separate area, bar and Audio Visual.
- Private Party Contact: Monte Smith 704-965-2788
A word from Cafe Monte
Cafe Monte brings French fare to Charlotte. Classic favorites served all day include quiches and crepes, eggs, waffles, french toast, along with Freshly baked artisan breads, pain du croissants. In the evening enjoy Bistro service and classics like duck confit and trout amandine. This French Bakery and Bistro has a delectable dish for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Monte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Cafe Monte reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (155)neighborhood gem (136)fit for foodies (128)great for lunch (118)special occasion (105)romantic (86)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (46)notable wine list (43)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Service - Above and BeyondLDQuinnVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have dined frequently at Cafe Monte and, as always, the experience was wonderful. We had taken a relative there to celebrate her move to Charlotte and her new job. So, as one could imagine, the conversation took precedence over all else.So, we took a longer time than normal over cocktails, ordering, etc., etc., etc. Rachel took care of us in a supremely excellent manner - patient, understanding and very gracious. The waitstaff at Cafe Monte is generally above average. Rachel took the service component to a new level. Thank you, Rachel, for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- Great foodUnhappycustomerDined on 9/11/2014This place I discovered a year ago and it becomes one of my favorite restaurant in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic duckWillDined on 9/10/2014Monte and his crew did an outstanding job. The service was excellent, and the duck was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadent! Lovely!sassyaboutfoodDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed brunch with three other ladies this week. Two had birthdays and they made it very special for them. The cocktails and coffee are wonderful! The food is decadent and plentiful. You will not leave hungry! The staff really do a great job of providing a pleasant not arrogant feel while pulling out all the "French" stops! Will go again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls BrunchYummmDined on 9/7/2014I went here with 3 girlfriends (my 3rd visit) and have yet to be disappointed. French onion soup was amazing. Beignets were fluffy and tasty. Beautiful little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DixonjarDined on 9/2/2014My friends and I celebrated my birthday at Café Monte recently. They were very accommodating to our needs for our festivities. The food was amazing and special orders were taken. Definitely a place to return and try new things! The service was amazing and they bent over backwards. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGFoodieGDined on 8/31/2014Excellent French cuisine and our favorite spot for brunch in the neighborhood. Reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDrowninginbutterDined on 8/30/2014Went here for wife's birthday with older daughter (24). We had to ask for bread after 15 min from the busboy. I ordered the trout specifically asking for no butter on it which the waitress noted. The trout was served with no less than a melted stuck of butter pored over it and about 30 capers. I really couldnt eat it. The waitress asked if we could just tip the plate and pour some butter off. We went here for Queens Feast with a large group of coworkers and enjoyed it. Wer returned for this special occassion. We opted out of dessert. They did comp the trout, but I had to make something to eat when I got home. I didnt want to spoil the occassion, but I was aggravated with the kitchen and waitress for being unable to get this right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service and great food! Great spot for meeting friends for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous wine tasting dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014We've eaten at Cafe Monte many times but this was our first wine tasting dinner. The cantaloupe and cucumber gazpacho w/crispy prosciutto was a lovely summertime soup. The crab stuffed flounder was very good especially w/the addition of butternut squash paired with a tarragon walnut brown butter. The 4th course filet au poivre was nicely seasoned but I couldn't finish it all. Everything was so enjoyable, we suggested to our waitress that they add these to their regular menu.Special Features:
- Cafe Monte does not disappointbanksidedriveDined on 8/25/2014Oldie but a goodie -- it's always reliable, lovely service, food up to expectations. I love to eat here. Their recorded music level is usually too loud for conversation, so I opt to eat outside whenever possible. It was a gorgeous Charlotte night the other evening, so all around, terrific experience. Their front desk hostess is spectacular -- so warm, so accomodating, so welcoming. She's a star, but so is every waitstaff I've encountered there. They just lift the dining experience one level higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most excellent!appmanDined on 8/23/2014A very nice place to converse and eat. Excellent attention by the server. Really good food. My wife and I will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodartist66Dined on 8/23/20146 of us went on a Saturday evening. One person ordered Steak au Poive and the meat was so tough she couldn't eat it. The accompanying green beans and fries were cold when they were served. But the restaurant did not charge her for her dinner. The rest of us thoroughly enjoyed our mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysHughDined on 8/22/2014Love Cafe Monte--always great! The food is really delicious, the desserts divine and the coffee the best in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite breakfast & Great WaiterChristineVIPDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy the french country breakfast, omelets, and coffee at Cafe Monte, as well as their brie en croute with apples and walnuts. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeDeDined on 8/21/2014Disappointed - I always liked this neighborhood café; but lately the food preparation haws been poor-- not like it use to be.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDonwill10VIPDined on 8/17/2014Sunday brunch is always a pleasure. Food is excellent, Service is excellence, and the place is just happy.Special Features:
- Out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We've eaten at Cafe Monte in the past few years. Food was delish, but our view was always the bathroom. Gave it one more chance and were seated in the front cafe section. Much better area and loved our meal. Came back for brunch and sat in same area. Brunch ambience was perfectly delightful. We'll be back en Feb. definitely will eat at C M then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSascolVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has been around for a while but it was my first visit. Large bar and nice atmosphere in the dining area. The menu is somewhat unique and everything we ordered was delicious. Desert was great and we got desert from the case for the next night on the way out. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- what a findcjdumontDined on 8/16/2014This was an amazing experience and the food was outstanding. service is tremendous - and just a wonderful experience overall - high recommendSpecial Features:
- Another great evening!km80Dined on 8/15/2014Cafe Monte has become our go-to place for a lovely evening out. We appreciate that dinner here can be paced according to your wishes-- we have never felt rushed. Too many corporate-owned restaurants seem to value turning tables quickly rather than taking cues from their guests. The food is consistently good, and the service is top-notch. Plus, we love the evenings that feature live music--truly a special place!Special Features:
- Cafe Monte always gooddiningoutDined on 8/15/2014I had lunch there recently. The food and service were both great. It's bustling at lunch--some business people and some families and friends. Love the French bistro atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very pleasedHappydiningDined on 8/14/2014This was our first visit to Cafe monte and we went for an anniversary dinner. Our table was ready, the service was impeccable and the food was very good. We liked the variety on the menu and the soft French background music. We can't wait to try it for brunch!Special Features:
- Yuuuum!Winendine8VIPDined on 8/11/2014Everything was wonderful! The atmosphere, the outstanding service, the delicious apps and dinner! Let's not forget the yummy desserts!!!!Special Features:
- WonderfulSandy7VIPDined on 8/11/2014I have written about Cafe Monte many times. The food is excellent as is the impeccable service by Javier. Nothing is too much trouble for Javier or our other favorite server,Ellen. We have always had wonderful,marvelous food at Cafe Monte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for foodiesNautibyzDined on 8/10/2014Great food and great service! Our new Brunch or special occasion place. A must for foodies.Special Features:
- GretaDined on 8/10/2014When we discovered Cafe Monte's, we knew we had found one of the best, if not the best in Charlotte. We live in Cornelius so it is a good 45 to 50 minutes for us to drive. We love everything we order and on special occasions, we spoil ourselves with one of their fabulous desserts. We have taken a number of out of town guests there and they love everything about it. The wait staff is efficient and always pleasant, obviously trained very well and enjoy their job. Cafe Monte is our #1 choice in all of the Charlotte area and surrounding towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently deliversJ4444VIPDined on 8/10/2014Café Monte makes me actually like French food! Well prepared dishes every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Café Monte is a true gem. Fabulous food for a good price. Our waitress Calais was friendly and efficient. We don't return often enough but will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is very quaint. We would prefer booths but were able to get a table against the back wall. The service was very good and the crepes we had were delicious. We would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I really enjoyed our brunch. The service was great, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisa is a great waitress!LucyDined on 8/6/2014Eaten here 3 times, breakfast & dinner. Always great food, nice menu variety. Great ambiance. Our waitress, Lisa was the best, explaining menu and answering ALL our questions & we had a lot! She had great recommendations on food to try. One Sat. night they had a singer singing French music, was great. If you love salad as your main meal the strawberry salad with chicken is great, the chicken wild mushroom creeps are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acafemontelover4everDined on 8/6/2014This is a delightful place to eat. The food is delicious, and we had prompt attention by the waitress. I love Cafe Monte!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Monday night is all you can eat mussels, and they are delicious. Ask for extra bread to dip in the broth.Special Features:
- OkJEFKDined on 8/3/2014Good food, but not as great as normal. Steak and eggs disappointed my sons and they normally love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visiting Charlotte for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I found Cafe Monte on Living Social the night before I was stopping in Charlotte for brunch. Great choice! we were very pleased with the food.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!phireflyDined on 8/2/2014Cafe Monte is so charming, especially at night when the lighting is low and the candles are flickering. Saturday nights are particularly great because they have wonderful live music which really adds to the experience. Regardless of when you go, the food is always consistently delicious and the staff is friendly and attentive. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant!Special Features:
- Delightful cafe!CharlotteSceneDined on 8/2/2014Great ambiance. Attentive, friendly service. Food is perfect every time. Upscale, casual dress. You must make reservation if you hope to get seated right away. Delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014A splendid evening not being rushed. Food was excellent along with the service. A little pricey on the drinks but otherwise fine. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- ExcellenceSandy7VIPDined on 8/1/2014Cafe Monte's is always excellent. The food never disappoints because no matter what you may order it is always wonderful. The service, especially if you are fortunate enough to have Ellen or Javier, is beyond perfection. I absolutely recommend this marvelous restaurant.Special Features: