6934 E. 1st Ave.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://cafemonarch.com/
- Phone: (480) 970-7682
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday
First Seating 5:30pm Last Seating 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Branden Levine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cafe Monarch
Surrounded by a candle lit courtyard and 2 gorgeous dining rooms, guests enjoy a 4 course pre fixe menu featuring fresh, organic, all-natural seasonal ingredients. Quaint, charm, romance and warmth surrounds this true foodie destination. Menu changes weekly. Upon reservation please specify if you have any food allergies and/or dietary restrictions. Cafe Monarch will accommodate any allergies or dietary restrictions to ensure every guest can enjoy every course. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Monarch - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Cafe Monarch reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (152)great for outdoor dining (137)fit for foodies (135)neighborhood gem (98)notable wine list (50)good for groups (18)great for lunch (18)hot spot (17)scenic view (15)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best meal and experience I've ever hadHappyCamper12Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I went there for our 12th anniversary after I saw a story on the place on channel 3 (2 stories are on azcentral.com). Every bite was YUM... I had no idea what real talent is out there... had no idea food could be that good. Worth every penny plus my first-born!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and a nice atmosphereLewisVIPDined on 11/15/2014Very good tasting menu that takes the thought process of choosing over a multitude of menu options. Every course had a taste unique to itself, but blended well with each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Food was wonderful and the staff was amazing. Warm greeting and great vibe. If you are a real foodie and appreciate a gifted chef this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favortite restaurant in PHX by far!!!PtashVIPDined on 11/14/2014We finally went to Café Monarch last week for lunch and then again last Friday night for dinner. Both times it was amazing!!! Incredible food, excellent service and great ambiance. We will be going weekly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningCprudcalgDined on 11/14/2014We were in Scottsdale last week and dined here on the recommendation of the "Top Ten" website. We were not disappointed. The courtyard was romantic and the wine pairing dinner was divine. Gluten-free was no issue. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Garden patio dining experience in Scottsdale!JC224Dined on 11/12/2014Cafe Monarch was amazing.....from the patio setting with the beautiful vines & chandeliers to the food and the service. In the patio setting you feel like you are in Savannah or somewhere else.... the food was delicious!!! We will be back again on our next visit to Scottsdale for sure. A gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find !DaveDined on 11/8/2014Creative dining concept with innovative menu within a romantic setting. A 4 course prix fix menu with your choice of entrée. Wine selection limited to 2 "tiers" of wines paired to 3 of the 4 courses (no wine paired to the amuse bouche). My wife and I opted for Tier 1 & 2 in order to enjoy 6 wines rather than the 3 offered within a single Tier. There is a wine list for other options. It was one of the most memorable dinners we've had in some time (and we just returned from Italy in September1).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals!PhxRNDined on 11/8/2014This was one of the best meals we have ever enjoyed! Fantastic service and a beautiful outdoor seating area. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningHoneyBflyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Husband and I dined here and had a romantic evening. Our server Christopher was exceptional! Loved the first course soup. Salad was tasty, but you must like beets. Tuna was seared perfect. Only one complaint is that the oyster in our dish seems a bit "fishy", perhaps next time we will omit that from the entree. The desert was a rum cake with a butterscotch ice-cream with a praline topping that was one of the best deserts I have ever had in my life, seriously. The courtyard is lovely, and romantic lit with candles and lanterns. We will be back very soon. Guys take note: this is the place you want to take a date. Beautiful evening.Special Features:
- MattVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is one of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten in. I have dined in many 1,3 and 3 star Michelin restaurants in France and this rates as a one star as far as I'm concern. ( Please keep in mind that there are very few spots in the US that would get a one star rating and almost none that would get a 2 or 3 star). It is the best restaurant that I have eaten in in Arizona.Special Features:
- Incredible Charm and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We were visiting from out of town and just picked this restaurant based on the previous reviews. Wow.. what a gem of a place. Incredible ambiance... perfect background music made the patio so enjoyable. The food was outstanding and the wine pairings were great. There was one wine I did not like and the waiter immediately switched and gave me another one. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Scottsdale GemseakayiiVIPDined on 11/7/2014Very enjoyable fixed price dinner. No bread provided. Limited choices from menu. Wine pairings expensive. Food very tasty. Service was attentive but not as polished as we expected. Definitely priced as a place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fantastic spot!ginochiVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is a fabulous restaurant. Food was scrumptious, with all the courses blending very well together. Great selection of wines. Service was outstanding. We weren't rushed either so we could enjoy each course completely. Definitely a very romantic setting for a special occasion. Will definitely go back. If you are looking for a great place to go for a special occasion, do not pass this place up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColieGVIPDined on 11/6/2014It's my husband and my new favorite restaurant. Everything was amazing. I would highly suggest the wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningartfulDined on 11/6/2014The patio at Cafe Monarch is a beautiful space, and the food was excellent. In fact, we had a filet of beef for our main course, and I think it was the best filet I have ever had. Each course was delicious, and the service was refined and friendly. My one and only concern was that the first course came out very quickly, before we had finished cocktails. I am sure that had we asked for a few more minutes, the request would have been accommodated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Amazing food and wine pairing. With a menu that changes every week, I can't wait to go back! Amazing atmosphere also. Very tastefully decorated. If the weather is nice, be sure to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ultimate Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/1/2014Most of the restaurant is tables-for-two/couples. It was incredibly romantic and the ultimate date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Our evening here was perfect! The restaurant ambience is lovely, the food was fabulous, and the staff, exceptional. When we arrived for our reservation, we opted to wait for a table on the beautiful patio and appreciated the fact that the hostess offered us the choice, rather than just seating us inside. The menu changes frequently, and all four courses were fresh, seasonal, and perfectly prepared. We chose the wine pairings with our meal and they were wonderful. Our special occasion was acknowledged with a little something extra at dessert - a very nice touch. Truly a memorable dining experience and we look forward to returning the next time we are in Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & ambiancejpbxeroxDined on 11/1/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary. Great food, great service and beautiful garden to sit in...Special Features:
- Better than anticipated!amosDined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere was trendy-but quaint. The price fixe made it easy- and the unique drink selection topped it off. Servers were knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Can’t wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic gardenAmiFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food and atmosphere make this a perfect spot for a special occasion. The food is local and organic and in season. Awesome.Special Features:
- AmazingItsVanVIPDined on 11/1/2014As always...Chef Branden Levine created the perfect meal for us. My companion had never been to Cafe Monarch before and is now understanding my love affair with this place!!! Thank you Christian and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magically DeliciousHungryDinerDined on 11/1/2014Cafe Monarch has been on our list for over 18 months. We finally got to go and it was all that we expected it to be and more. It was a wonderful and beautiful dining experience. I highly recommend the outdoor seating area as it became truly magical as the sun set and the candles glowed.Special Features:
- So elegantLCAZDined on 11/1/2014Our first visit to this restaurant convinced us to come back. The main courses and desserts were great. The ambiance on the patio was really romantic with lanterns and fountains. Wine pairing unique but a little pricey. The only negative was the way they rush you through. Dinner lasted just over an hour even though we tried to linger. They would be well served to allow a little down time between coursesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lukewarm!HappyDined on 11/1/2014When the soup arrived, the bowl was cold, the creamy butter squash soup was barely warm! I told the waiter just please make sure serve my main dish - the polenta lasagna HOT. He came back said he related the message to the CHEF. But, our party of 3, all our dishes were lukewarm for the evening. The food is a bit sweet. Only the service team is good. This place is over rated!
- Lunch OutdoorsAnnieDined on 10/30/2014Two friends and I had lunch recently at Café Monarch. We sat in the lovely patio and had delicious food, wonderful service and cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- A Hidden GemARH610Dined on 10/29/2014A friend recommended Cafe Monarch for special dinner while my boyfriend and I were visiting Arizona. We were pleasantly surprised to say the least! Every course was delicious and the ambience on the patio was perfect for a special birthday dinner. I already suggested Cafe Monarch to my friends and family and I hope they listen! Thank you for an amazing dinner we will never forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJamesDined on 10/29/2014The food was perfect and the winner was good. There isn't much in a way of choices but they are good. Also the bill is very pricy but for the right person it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014We had the most fantastic dining experience at Cafe Monarch. The food and wine pairing was superb. The service was great an the atmosphere was very romantic. Could not have had a better meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top 5 meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014It was all around amazing. We did the wine pairings with the menu and had a magical night the food, wine and service were perfect. Could not recommend it more!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!foodbuffDined on 10/28/2014We planned a birthday celebration and it was absolutely wonderful! This truly is a hidden gem! There are times where you might have great service, great ambiance or great food, but it's not too usual to have it all. The staff was courteous and attentive. The courtyard was absolutely beautiful and reminescent of a French bistro. The food was perfect and some of the best in the valley, especially with the wine pairing. It's a perfect destination for a special celebration or romantic evening and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Fantastic food. The best filet I hav eever had. Excellent wien pairings and the ambience is very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambience and food!FoodiegirlDined on 10/25/2014My daughter and I had dinner at the Cafe Monarch. We sat in the courtyard, which was like a little Country garden. The menu was set but there was a choice among 3 entrees - filet, steelhead trout or a mushroom ravioli. My daughter had the filet , which was cooked to perfection and I had the trout, also delicious. The butternut squash soup was fantastic as was the autumn salad and I don't recall the name of the dessert but it was a little cake with butterscotch and pralines and was heavenly. If you are in the area of Old Town Scottsdale, go to the Monarch. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful garden with fine diningoldgalVIPDined on 10/25/2014Romantic beautiful garden conversation friendly dining suitable for couples as well as larger groups. Attentive service. Delicious food, but be warned there is no choice of first course, salad and dessert - but there is choice between 4 main courses. Interesting regional wines but choices by the glass are limited. Reasonable pricing for dining experience of this caliber. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAzdinerDined on 10/25/2014My dining experience was amazing. I wish we had more Scottsdale Restu rants of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free flexible on set menuSensitiveStomachDined on 10/25/2014My wife has a very limited diet. She has loads of food intolerances. Despite that usual random restaurant dining landmine, I surprised her by making reservations at Cafe Monarch on a whim. With no expectations going in, we were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, the service, the quality of the food, and the food intolerance flexibility of the menu despite it being a set menu. Not realizing it was a set menu prior to our arrival, we were prepared for the "I'm sorry, we can't make those dishes without those ingredients" response. Much to our surprise, the server stated, "no problem" and made minor modifications to suit my wife's needs. to top off our experience, the food (even with modifications) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Impeccable food with very good service in romantic ambience. A great treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superblaserguyVIPDined on 10/24/2014while visiting from ny i researched and found this gem. the only negative about the evening was the parking. no valet and difficult street parking. I highly suggest sitting outside in the beautiful courtyard. its romantic with great background music. the staff is very professional. i had the pleasure of meeting the manager/owner/server. This very personable young man has built a reputation in a very short time. he is in touch with all aspects of the business. he took a true interest in how our meal and experience in his restaurant were received! the food itself was served beautifully, fresh and well seasoned. The menu is price fixed. Your only choice is the 3 entree choices so you might check the menu first. Don.t miss this place.Special Features:
- Love Cafe MonarchItsVanVIPDined on 10/24/2014This Scottsdale hidden gem is just that. A Gem in the middle of Scottsdale! If you haven't been there, you HAVE to go NOW! Make your reservations early, as they fill up quickly.Special Features:
- Great findDavidGDined on 10/24/2014I had a business lunch here recently and we had a wonderful lunch. They have only started offering lunch so it was not very crowded. The food was great and the prices are reasonable. We sat indoors and it was perfect for a business discussion. The patio area looks lovely. My business colleague and I both plan to come back for dinner and bring our wives. Highly recommended.Special Features: