3446 Waialae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafemirohawaii.com/
- Phone: 8087342737
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shigeru Kobayashi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cafe Miro offers off-site catering for weddings and other special gatherings. Chef Kobayashi can work with you, and design a menu that fits your budget and personal needs. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Miro has a private room available that can accommodate up to 16 people. Completely removed from the main dining room, it’s perfect for meetings/presentations, small weddings and Birthday gatherings. The main dining room can accommodate up to 70 people, and can be sectioned into smaller rooms for smaller private areas.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Kobayashi 8087342737
- Cross Street: 9th Ave.
- Public Transit: Cafe Miro is located on a major bus route. The Bus No. 1 - Hawaii Kai, Kahala Mall or Kalihi Transit Center, conveniently stops in front of the restaurant on either side of Waialae Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Cafe Miro has designated guest parking located behind the building. Patrons can park in the Hawaii National Bank stalls after 5:00 pm. Additional street parking is available on Waialae and 9th Avenues.
A word from Cafe Miro
Since 1997, Cafe Miro has been considered a "hidden treasure" in the heart of Kaimuki by it’s patrons. Specializing in French/Fusion cuisine, Cafe Miro offers each guest their own choices in a three or four course menu designed by chef/owner Shigeru Kobayashi. Through mostly "word of mouth" from returning customers, Cafe Miro has established itself as a respectable, affordable, French restaurant for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Miro - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Cafe Miro reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (28)good for groups (15)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Unique French/Japanese Fusionger3sfDined on 8/31/2014While in Honolulu, we try to find new and interesting dining places. Can't get enough of the Asian/Hawaiian fusion cuisine. So when Cafe Miro popped up in OpenTable (never noticed it before) and clicked on the sample menu , I decided to give it a try. There are 2 set menus: prix fixe (3 courses) and chef's menu (4 courses). Some items can be cross-ordered from one menu to the other. Plus, add'l side dishes (e.g. foie gras) can also be ordered, but the portions are already generous. We mostly ordered seafood, rather than the meat dishes for apps and entrees, and were very good. Definitely a nice find, and we will come back on future visits to HNL.Special Features:
- やさしい雰囲気covapDined on 8/27/2014のんびりしていて、でもきっちりおいしくて、素敵な雰囲気で、ハワイ最後の夜で、結婚１０周年の記念ディナーを楽しんですごせました。スタッフもあったかくて日本語も出来る方もいて安心でした。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always and enjoyable mealdebDVIPDined on 8/24/2014Hadn't been for awhile but the waiter recognized us and welcomes us back. It was very busy for a Sunday evening as they had a group party in the back, the service and food was still up to par. I enjoy the prix fixe menu, appetizer - warm seafood salad, entree - fresh catch - opah, the chicken and mushroom dish was very tender and flavorful, dessert is always a nice ending with 3 different petit desserts, this time strawberry cheesecake, Creme Bruelle, and lychee sorbet.Special Features:
- A FavoritefableDined on 8/17/2014Cafe Miro is wonderful. We enjoy the attentive and friendly service but really come for the fabulous food and drink. The lobster and scallop are so delicious and with the tasting menu you can have them both and another delicious entree. The hard part is deciding what to have. But we use that as a reason to come back for another special occasion so we can try another item from the menu. Great spot for a romantic date night.Special Features:
- UnrealDevineDined on 8/15/2014Wha can I say but perfect. every thing is so good . The staff is amazing, wonderful food you won't forget, and the atmosphere is perfect for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our sixth anniversaryHawaiiKai1Dined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our sixth anniversary at Cafe Miro. We wanted to eat somewhere special and neither of us had ever eaten to Cafe Miro. It was wonderful. The food, ambience were top rate. The service was so good I could have given them 6 stars. Your questionnaire asked whether we would recommend the bar to a friend. My answer is "we already have". We saw a good friend as we left and were walking to the car. He will be going very soon. And the final clincher for me was the bill. For such wonderful food, I would have happily paid far more. Cafe Miro is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION!wonkiferDined on 8/12/2014Miro, thank you! You never disappoint. Great food prepared with care and skill, and thank you so much for accommodating my request for a special chocolate treat to wish mom and dad a belated anniversary wish. Miro is truly a gem. Forgot those celebrity chef joints with fancy decor. If you want REALLY good food prepared with heart and extreme skill and creativity, this is the place to be. We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious in KaimukiHonoluluBestDined on 8/10/2014Our dinner included one of each of their set menus. One three course and one four course. The ahi salad was excellent, scallops perfectly prepared, the lamb entree was flavorful, and the dessert trio delicious.! Our completed meal for two was $100.00. We plan to go back very soon and share this find with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findmarct808VIPDined on 8/9/2014Wow!!! What a hidden gem. Terrific food!!! Awesome service. The chef even comes out to meet a great you during and after you meal. What impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOZexpatDined on 8/2/2014Good value for a fine dining experience. The scallops with a delicate curry sauce are to die for........ likewise the seafood salad appetizer. While the dessert menu is limited, it offers a cheese platter or a platter of assorted desserts which comes as 5 small portions of deliciousness (such as creme brulee, sorbet, fruit, cheesecake) my husband's favorite part of the meal. The staff was attentive and friendly making us feel that no request was too much trouble. We will most certainly go back for dinner at Cafe Miro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FINE DINING IN A QUIET PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014We love coming here for a romantic dinner because there is not the stress of Waikiki ,etc. Jimmy runs a great crew that is always on top of things. Food is dynamic and exciting! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014My girlfriend's fav restaurant so it was natural to take her there for her birthday. Great food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceWandaDined on 7/25/2014Reasonably priced, excellent food and services. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- A place for that special occasionTrekkieDined on 7/25/2014Good restaurant to take someone to celebrate for an event like a birthday and/or an anniversary. Excellent service from the long time waiter named Ryan. He was very knowledgeable in everything from the wine list to the all the courses and ways it was prepared. The only downside is parking in the back is very limited but you still can look for alternate street parking if you can find one. But overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want a special place to take that special person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestTrekkieDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant in the Waialae area is a hidden neighborhood gem and has one of the best Rib Eye steaks available. We had it with the red wine sauce and ever so yummy. They have two Prix Fixe Menu selections and you can mix and match items from both sides of the menu. The appetizers, entrees, and desserts are all included which makes it a pretty good deal. A small parking lot is in the back but street parking is also available as well. They have a full bar and good wine list available. Cafe Miro is one of our favorites and we will be back.Special Features:
- RudiDined on 7/11/2014Food & Ambience was impressive... Our server Bronson-Jordon was very attentive and informative, from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite!THamVIPDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding food and service! The best French food for the price on OahuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happiness and SatisfactionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I'm happy to say that the positive reviews that I had read about Cafe Miro were true. One exceptional aspect is the superior service. The servers all share the responsibility of pleasing customers. The hostess was wonderfully welcoming. Also unique is the fact that regarding the prix fixe and Chef Tasting menus, items can be interchanged, so you really feel the abundance of choice. Tables are not too close together. The background music is pleasing. Creative, fresh and hearty dishes are offered. Try the chef's tasting menu appetizer plate because it's so fun to try a little of several tasty ideas and the fresh, firm and plump oysters! Overall, it's a rare experience of casual comfort and fine food among delightful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HighlyRecommend!!!!WendyDined on 6/22/2014We go here 1-3 times a year, NOT once have we been disappointed. Excellent service, top notch staff and the best food ever. Highly recommend this establishmentSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!WilkongkDined on 6/20/2014The food was so good I was would eat anything that came out of that kitchen! I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice fine dining type of dinner. It's easy to get a table and seems highly underrated. I was very impressed and I have eaten at fine several fine dining restaurants. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014Very nice, beautifully presented food, good service. Waitstaff very experienced. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodieDined on 6/14/2014We went here for the first time and was impressed by the service and food. The waiter carefully explained the menu options and courses. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. When was the last time you went to a restaurant and had your water glass constantly refilled without asking. I like that the courses could be mixed and matched or ordered separately. The casual atmosphere also fit right in with the neighborhood cafe ambiance. A great place to get fine dining service without having to dress up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!SunshineDined on 6/13/2014As always it's my favorite place to invite special guests and to enjoy wonderful meals. I appreciate the people working there giving us caring attention and definitely made memorable fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly GoodMarthaDined on 6/7/2014I was not sure what to expect. Rather plain-looking on the outside - not terribly enticing. My friend and I were looking for someplace not far from home and thought we would try this place. We were pleasantly surprised with the menu and the food itself. Everything we had was nicely presented and delicious. At first we thought the prices were a little higher than we expected, but the servings were very generous and of excellent quality. The servers were very friendly and attentive. We would recommend Cafe Miro to others.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014For our 2 year anniversary my boyfriend and I had selected Cafe Miro. My boyfriend had dined here previously with his mother and she told him he should bring me here. And I'm so glad he did. We were sat at a cute little round table in the corner. There were flowers on the table and a candle. It felt so intimate. The manager and the servers were so warm. The food was amazing! The pork ribs were so tender and delicious. The mozzarella prosciutto walnut salad was so tasty. The lamb was a little fatty for my liking but the seasoning was good. The dessert tray was nice and light, perfect way to end the meal. It was a lot of food but I felt comfortably full and satisfied. Needless to say we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJC808VIPDined on 5/31/2014Cafe Miro is wonderful. our amuse-bouche chilled kabocha soup was a nice opening to a delicious dinner. The side order of foie gras and chicken liver pate is so good and the lamb and beef tenderloin were perfectly prepared. Delicious French cuisine at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodlifeisgoodDined on 5/30/2014Cafe Miro brings us back over and over again :-) The menu and staff are both exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDV123VIPDined on 5/30/2014Enjoyed the restaurant. Although I thought the duck was over done; all the other dishes were extremely good. Would come back again.
- BirthdayHonolulustarDined on 5/25/2014One of the few places my mother-in-law will go. She's hard of hearing, and many restaurants are too loud for her.Special Features:
- nikkeipadawanVIPDined on 5/22/2014Great food in HI at a reasonable price. Service is great and wait staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experiencesigkmyafamilynjoyfoodDined on 5/18/2014This was our second visit to Cafe Miro and the family felt that it was great dining experience. The staff is very attentive and thorough in explaining their Prix Fixe menu and specials for the night. The food was so onolicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGk888Dined on 5/18/2014The service is excellent. The food is fresh and delicious. I always have an overall wonderful experience. I have been eating here for years and the quality and service has always remained the same. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French food !MayalohaDined on 5/6/2014Wonderful food, good serves and very reasonable price. This is the best French restaurant in Hawaii.Special Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the Cafe Miro reviews archive.
- A neighborhood germ.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2014If you are looking for a great meal and don't mind the outdated decoration, it is definitely a germ in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- a must tryfoodfight808Dined on 4/23/2014the food and service was outstanding. waiters were very knowledgeable about the menuSpecial Features:
- Yummy French inspired foodTravellerVIPDined on 4/23/2014Miro is a great restaurant with nice laid back service. Their abalone dish has a lot of umami and the abalone super tender. A neighborhood gem for sure.Special Features:
- Bravo !!! Bravo!!! Bravo!!!Jimbo9988Dined on 4/19/2014For our Anniversary dinner, I cannot ask for anything more. Food, Atmoshphere, Service, and celebration style with two glasses of complimentary champagne and two separate assorted dessert with creatively decorated with dark chocolate written "Happy Anniversary" Over the 20 + years of anniversary dinner, I've never experience such a perfect memorable evening. I will definitely return to your restaurant for special occassion. All the waiter and waitress are very nice and always on their toes.Special Features:
- Good SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/15/2014The restaurant isn't busy, but the servers make you feel right at home. Food is solid, though the fish of the day (opa) wasn't that great. The amuse bouche and chicken were actually really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceKaneohe2Dined on 4/2/2014Everything about our experience dining here was wonderful. The presentation, taste and service was outstanding. Our only regret is that we never heard about this gem before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCphartsDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I love this place. Great food as always and the best service we have experienced on island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.