15 Oak Street
Rockland, ME 04841Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafemiranda.com/
- Phone: 2075942034
- Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week, Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, in Summer season every day 5:00- 9:30 *** For special needs, large parties, counter seats overlooking the open kitchen, outdoor seating, or it is after 4 pm day of, call us!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Kerry A. Altiero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on or off site full service catering for corporate or private luncheons, dinners, cocktail parties or pretty much any type of function. We can do full service including bar, drinks & service staff or Pick up party platters or deliver & set up events. We also work with several local venues for off site events, or at your location. We custom make menus for each event to ensure that your event is one of a kind. From six to a hundred, Cafe M CATERS!
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Miranda has relationships with local art galleries,inns & B&B locations to give your event a special atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Kerry A. ALtiero 2075942034
- Entertainment: OPEN KITCHEN! As we say, "Watch The Monkeys run around" !
A word from Cafe Miranda
EDGY,FRIENDLY,& ALWAYS DELICIOUS, Café Miranda is Rockland's only multi-cultural restaurant & for many residents a weekly ritual. Miranda is for people who want simple, seasonal, and adventurous ethnic dishes at fair prices in a casual setting. Café Miranda, named after the family dog, is iconic, delightful and modern. Situated in downtown Rockland, ME. since 1993 Café Miranda provides a uniquely warm and inviting dining experience year round.Ê Café Miranda's chef/owner Kerry Altiero oversees the large and frequently changing menu, which features house-made pasta, fresh local seafood and bread from a wood-fired oven. We grow our own fuel for the oven! Altiero's commitment to sustainability is evident in his usage of locally grown ingredients. The menu offers a modern take on multi-ethnic cuisines with dishes that deliver the potential of the ingredients. For special needs,large parties, outdoor seating, counter seats overlooking the open kitchen or it is after 4 pm day of, call us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Miranda reviews from OpenTable diners
- My favorite date night dinner choicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I've gone to Cafe Miranda a few times over the past few years - it's a rare treat that my husband and I get a date night and when we do we always choose Cafe Miranda if we're going to be in Rockland. I love, love, love that place - the food, the atmosphere, the service - everything is perfect!Special Features:
- We love Cafe Miranda and alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012We love Cafe Miranda and always visit when we come to Rockport. My husband is a vegetarian and I am not, so it is awesome to have a place where we can both get great food that we enjoy so much (and where the kitchen understands that "vegetarian" doesn't mean just pasta and salad)!Special Features:
- A Long-time FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012Always reliable as a favorite place for an excellent range of choices, creative offerings, and inspiring taste. Service is attentive without hovering, wine choices varied and interesting. Reservations desirable, especially in the warm months. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- Very extensive menu - tooBirgsVIPDined on 12/14/2012Very extensive menu - too many choices! Portion sizes too large as well.Special Features:
- We went as a vacation "kickoff"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012We went as a vacation "kickoff" and weren't disappointed, even though my food list is very short. I asked if they could make something with just fish, vegetables, herbs and olive oil and they came back with a truly delicious dish. The lamb dish was terrific - the waitress warned my husband it was spicy and it was the kind of heat that you notice over time - not at all unpleasant or heavy handed. The antipasto came on a platter all heaped together - quite lovely, even if this description doesn't sound it - and was delicious. My only complaint is that the front door opens directly into the dining room, so every time someone came or went there was a draft. Fortunately the room was full and that didn't happen often. Make Reservations!Special Features:
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2012One of my first spots to visit when I arrive in rockland is Miranda. I am never disappointed. On this visit I enjoyed the Fabulous Bowl of Meat. The wait person advised That it is spicy, and that it is. Spicy, but not too, and Full of wonderful , fresh favors. I enjoyed every bite and I'm Looking forward to my next visit tonight!Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012This is an excellent restaurant. First-timers will notice that there are many varied dining offerings. We live in the Midcoast area, and have been coming to Cafe Miranda for many years. Our favorite dinners are the eggplant and knockwurst selections, which are presented in different ways. Cafe Miranda's pizzas are also first-rate.Special Features:
- Best food in RocklanddivingannDined on 11/15/2012A diamond in the rough. Fabulous food. Extremely varied menu. Fun atmosphere. They work majic with vegetables.Special Features:
- My wife and I planned ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/13/2012My wife and I planned our trip to Rockland as a joint birthday present. We stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast, but the true highlight was our planned dinner at Cafe Miranda. We went for the comfort food as we melted into the smoky, rich goodness of bacon, mac and cheese for my wife and meatloaf for myself. Seasoned perfectly, piping hot straight from the brick oven... how could such simple foods be transformed into such delicacies? Hats off!Special Features:
- I set a 6:30 reservation becauseEricDined on 10/12/2012I set a 6:30 reservation because we had a Strand event we were going to at 8:00. We got seated promptly and I mentioned to our waitress the event just to be proactive about our timing needs. She thanked me for the heads up... she was very friendly and provided us with fantastic service. The food was great, as usual. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Overly agressive and unusualTwoPenguinsDined on 10/6/2012Overly agressive and unusual menu. Out of two entrees, one was good and one was not good. Atmosphere inside was quite noisy. No rush to go back.
- We were seated right away.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We were seated right away. The food was just as delicious as it had been our first visit. The restaurant is a delightful little place. The only aspect that was a little disappointing this visit was the service. We were seated, drinks brought, orders taken, food delivered and then we pretty much didn't see our server again. Our drinks were never refilled. We ended up finding a water pitcher nearby so we refilled our own drinks with that. We had bragged so much about the restaurant to our visitor from Florida. It was a little disappointing that she didn't get to have the same great experience we had enjoyed on our first visit.Special Features:
- Even though my husband andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2012Even though my husband and I had a reservation, a couple without a reservation who had come in just before us was given a free table, while we waited for a good 15 minutes.. We were then seated at a much smaller table while the other couple was at a table for four. So what was the point of making a reservation two weeks in advance? The food was fine, but was not enough to overcome the first bad impression. There a lots of other good restaurants in Rockland - try Archers for great food and excellent service.
- First time, not the last time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012First time, sat indoors as it was drizzling. Brutus and Wedgie salads were the best salads my son and I have ever eaten. His burger was the best he had in his life. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Casual restaurant with lotsTravellerVIPDined on 9/13/2012Casual restaurant with lots of menu selections, many are creative. Service was friendly and patient, it was a fun place to go for a good but informal meal.Special Features:
- I am never disappointed byOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012I am never disappointed by the food at Cafe Miranda. Once I get through the very abundant menu of choices and actually settle on a meal (only one? my only complaint is that my belly will only hold one meal!!) I sit back and wait for the feast with it's full portions. And, the use of the brick oven adds so much flavor to many of the dishes that I wish there was a Cafe Miranda in Brunswick, Maine!!! Thanks once again.Special Features:
- Wonderful respite from the ordinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2012After a few days of eating uninspired seafood in coastal Maine, Cafe Miranda was a colorful breath of fresh air. Dishes are creative, tasty and memorable. Service was good - so much better that the tourist restaurants in the area that treat you like they never expect to see you again. With such an extensive menu, I'm sure there are some misfires - but we didn't find them during our visit.Special Features:
- The food is very variable.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2012The food is very variable. Some times it soars. The flatbread, however, is always great
- A wonderful funky neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012A wonderful funky neighborhood restaurant. Retro 50's atmosphere with outstanding food and friendly wait staff and atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Cafe Miranda has been oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012Cafe Miranda has been one of our favorites for years. Always a great meal and a great time. However, we wish you had more comfortable chairs...seems silly I know, but they are not good. It won't keep us away tho..♥Special Features:
- Sometimes fit for foodiesLouisianaVIPDined on 8/28/2012Sometimes fit for foodies (if Kerry is cooking) but it can be off
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2012We were very disappointed in the whole experience. Food was overcooked and greasy. Maybe our expectations were too high given that so many people had recommended the place.
- Great menu. Both of our entreesSMJAZZVIPDined on 8/24/2012Great menu. Both of our entrees were excellent, and well seasoned. House salad was just so so.Special Features:
- This was highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012This was highly recommended by friends and also our hotel. We found the food over-spiced and the place over-hyped. Service was okay and we had fun talking with folks at the next table. It was just too funky for us and I doubt we would return.Special Features:
- The service was okay, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2012The service was okay, but the waiting time was terrible and the food was terrible. The people are friendly enough but they were overreaching with the different types of food and couldn't execute. The food was lukewarm and tasteless. My risotto was not risotto and my friends pesto pasta had no pasta. The only consolation to this expensive nightmare is that they did not brew their own beer and had a nice array.
- Good food but need to describeluv2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2012Good food but need to describe selections in depth.......my barbequed chicken was not described well and consequently, was not liked. My husband liked his dish but found it difficult to find a meal that he loved.Special Features:
- Like to enjoy Cafe MirandaMaineladyDined on 8/19/2012Like to enjoy Cafe Miranda before setting sail on the Schooner Stephen Taber. Not locals so we only visit Rockland once a year, but usually put Cafe Miranda on our list of to do sSpecial Features:
- The food was horrible. I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012The food was horrible. I ordered grilled calameri with curried rice, and the calameri was fried and chewy. My dining partner ordered the chicken sausage and he said it has little flavor. The service was horrible. Although we requested water when we sat down, we never received our glasses until we were served our entree and only after we asked again. My friend ordered a second glass of wine which was never delivered to the table. It was loud and generally has a sloppy appearance.
- Huge menu with lots of greatSarahhDined on 8/14/2012Huge menu with lots of great options. Service was good. Tables are fairly close together so it is a little noisy. Many of the dishes are very spicy. In fact, everything that our party ordered (except the appetizer). Was very very spicy. I would recommend getting some advice from the wait staff before you order, as some dishes are almost too spicy to enjoy. We enjoyed our meal and would love to go again the next time we are in the areaSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy dinner. VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012Always enjoy dinner. Visit each time I come to Rockland.Special Features:
- Imaginative menu with a varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2012Imaginative menu with a variety of dishes that will appeal to people of all tastes. You can taste the freshness in the ingredients, especially the salads. Noisy and crowded, but don't let that hold you back. I had the bleu pot roast and it was delicious. Salads are huge and great.Special Features:
- Really welcoming and tremendousActonDadVIPDined on 8/11/2012Really welcoming and tremendous food. Crazy busy on a Saturday night but still well attended to.Special Features:
- I love Cafe Miranda, but forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012I love Cafe Miranda, but for some reason, the noise level was so oppressive last Friday night , my two dinner companions and I could not hear each other speak. The excess noise took away from the usually terrific Cafe Miranda experience.Special Features:
- Good but not great. NothingAtaraDined on 8/8/2012Good but not great. Nothing really to complain about, but nothing to rave about either. A little more detail on the menu would have been helpful, so diners would know what to expect. Service was adequate. Altogether a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- We were seated in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012We were seated in the restaurant close to the pizza oven and it was very warm evening so it was warm and comfort was poor. But that was no match for the quality of the food which was very underwhelming. We spent 5 days in Maine and ate at different restaurants every night. They were all 4 or 5 stars in my opinion, Cafe Miranda was charitably 1 star; I feel I wasted $200.
- Eclectic menuDollysDaughter27Dined on 8/4/2012Large, eclectic menu; something for everyone. Nice outdoor seating but call ahead day of reservation to reserve outdoors.Special Features:
- Very cool, eclectic, casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Very cool, eclectic, casual place to eat. Roasted Kale salad is awesome!Special Features:
- the menu is very varied withMattVIPDined on 8/2/2012the menu is very varied with excellent quality. We had several small plates and shared one entry sized dish- all were very good. Always difficult to choose a few dishes when so many look good - we always say we could have chose many items.Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Huge Menu, Low $$OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/31/2012Took a group to Cafe Miranda and we were all very impressed. Glad I made reservations early (like a few months in advance) because it was hopping and they are very small so it's hard to accommodate a group of seven. All of the appetizers and entrees were amazing! We were extremely impressed by the small $$$ for our large group as well. Each of us found something wonderful to order, and some of us are very picky!! Our server gave us excellent recommendations as well since the menu is very large and overwhelming. Definitely a DO if I'm in the area.Special Features:
- over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012The menu is too ambitious; no attention to detail - had fire roasted kale that would have been great except the tough stems were left on; husband had crab balls and there was very litle crab and a lot of squash - more like squash balls. There may be were some very delicious dishes but we did not pick them; no one asked how the food was; my favorite part of the meal was the bread - yummy homemade foccacia - and the white wine sangria;