3251 Prospect Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemilano.com/
- Phone: 2023336183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Salvatore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Café Milano now offers catering for private dinners and small off-site events. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Live music offered periodically.
- Cross Street: Wisconsin Avenue NW
- Public Transit: Metrobuses # 32, 34, 35 and 36. The closest stop is Wisconsin Avenue and N Street. Foggy Bottom Metro stop, on the Blue/Orange line is the closest Metro stop. The DC Circulator can also be used as an alternative bus option.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Two public lots & street parking are available.
A word from Café Milano
Cafe Milano provides first-class Italian cuisine, facilitating all your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries & birthdays to fundraisers, seminars, & book parties. Semi-private arrangements are also possible in any of the private rooms or the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Milano reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (83)great for outdoor dining (71)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (57)notable wine list (56)romantic (54)great for lunch (53)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (24)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Cafe MilanoRhonaDined on 8/23/2014My guest and I are two Ivy League educated single women with PhD's in our 50's. We had heard that Café Milano was "the place to go to see and be seen" in DC. We were disappointed in the food and the service, and everything on the menu, including drinks, is overpriced. We started with tuna carpaccio (sushi quality raw tuna) and it was quite delicious, but there was a black hair on the plate. Ugh! The waiter brought us a replacement order immediately and apologized. We also had a pasta dish with scallops which was very disappointing. The rigatoni was seriously undercooked and instead of grilled scallops, the pasta was stuffed with chopped bits of scallop meat in a tomato sauce. The tiramisu was nothing special. I would not return.Special Features:
- Awesome Pasta!jdrdinersVIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was excellent at this upscale and beautiful italian fine dining restaurant....from the black/white napkin service to the special selections highlighted for desert. However, I will never go back again and fail to order a pasta. My husband and daughter both had exquisite pastas which, although my chilean sea bass was "melt in your mouth", I wish I had ordered. The special tagliolini with sauteed prosciutto, asparagus and summer truffle was fresh, full of flavor and just the right amount while the pappardelle with veal bolognese was so fine and tender, even the thick noodles almost melted in my mouth. The service is generally attentive and the bar is hopping. Excellent evening all around - Magnifico!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Went here for restraurant week. Great food and great service. Would highly recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continuing the TraditionDCMetroLocalDined on 8/16/2014I look forward to a trip to Cafe Milano every year. Having both been to Italy and appreciating the dining there, my friend and I have started a tradition to celebrate our birthdays here. The food is as close as we've been able to get over here in the States, and the wines are equally good. Definitely worth a look if you're looking to celebrate something, or just get a taste for finer dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!!GWMomDined on 8/16/2014I was looking for a special place to spend a memorable evening with my son before dropping him off at GW. This is a nice restaurant in Georgetown well worth a visit. Very attentive staff and good food, nice cocktails and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuchiVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was on our list of places to visit for several years, and when we finally had time to go during the August 2014 restaurant week, we were looking forward to it. We thought it would be a great opportunity to sample their food at a relatively reasonable price. Suffice it to say we will not be going back. We did not enjoy any of the dishes we ordered, and we were particularly offended by the service. Cafe Milano made clear to us that it serves a certain type of customer well, but its "ordinary" customers do not receive the same treatment. Note to restaurant: don't offer a restaurant week menu if you will not treat all of your customers the same way.
- FoodophileDined on 8/15/2014Better than Rome, London, or Paris! Better than anywhere here I. The US! Excellent service, excellent food, beautiful weather, great garden! Server was profound! I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceSteve50Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent service and great food. Thoroughly enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Restaurant week goodieegardenutDined on 8/14/2014I went with a friend for a Restaurant Week lunch and found Café Milano to be charming! The food was wonderful and the service made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstNdingBigGfromNHDined on 8/13/2014Fantastic meal the Cafe Milano, the service and food were both excellent. The best meal we had while in DC by far. The pasta special with truffles was outstanding and all the staff & their super attentive service made this a really great eveningSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week Summer 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I made a reservation at Cafe Milano and brought my girlfriend here for lunch. The ambiance of the restaurant was amazing, as was the service. Our waiter, Candido Bonilla, was an expert. He knew the menu inside out. He made some great recommendations and I really enjoyed the food here. The desserts were amazing. The tiramisu is to die for. Absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDJSWashDCDined on 8/13/2014We dined on the patio and had excellent service. All of the food met expectations but the scallops were outstanding.Special Features:
- anonymouseaterDined on 8/12/2014We've read about this restaurant for years, but never been. I had high expectations. We were completely ignored by wait staff for the first 10 minutes - no water, nothing. Then we had their attention for the rest of the meal. Food was plentiful for the special menu less pricey on Restaurant Week, but not better than any other good restaurant. We were seated in the Washington Room, a converted patio, I think. it was okay and near natural lighting.The furniture was a bit worn. Hard to hear as the floor and other hard surfaces did not dull sounds from other tables.
- kGood experience.KittyDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful service. Great menu. Food excellent quality nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014I'm from Los Angeles and was here visiting family. Saw the listing on Restaurant Week, so decided to try it out. Place is lovely, and food is truly outstanding. Correct portions; food cooked so expertly that you feel you've really experienced a meal from the best of European cities such as Paris, for example. Looking forward to going back on my next visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantClintDined on 8/10/2014I travel the world and Cafe Milano is without question one of the very best. The service is first rate. The staff is exceptional. Nothing is left to chance. I recommend Cafe Milano to all who enjoy the finest cuisine.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerNadyDined on 8/10/2014The food was wonderful and well worth the expensive price but for a restaurant like this to not bring the wine in a timely manner is not ok. We almost finished our appetizers and the wine still had not shown up. We had to call a waiter over to remind them to bring it. They did bring biscottis to the table as an apology which made you feel that they understood that they goofed. The wine was excellent when it came. Everyone makes mistakes and this was not a biggy. I highly recommend this restaurant but know that it is VERY expensive. We live in Los Angeles where the restaurants have high prices but the food doesn't always live up to the price as this restaurant does.Special Features:
- Superior serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Thank you to Hector and our service staff for an incredible experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing serviceDickVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were a party of 5 on Aug 6 for my wife's birthday and were very disappointed in our service. Our server was more interested in a party of special people near us and we waited for drinks and food. We also had to ask twice for a drink for our daughter. Our bill was 370.00 and we should have had the same service as the special group near us.Special Features:
- BarbDined on 8/6/2014Fabulous Med. Sea bass! Ate outside in the garden area on a beautiful night. It couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- AverageDCLLCDined on 8/2/2014We had an average experience. We dined outside and we were sandwiched between smokers. That pretty much ruined it for us. The wine was fantastic and the service was very good, but the food was just average. For the price, I think we would choose differently next time.
- Spend your money elsewhereChuckVIPDined on 8/1/2014Where do I begin.. first I would like to thank the restaurant for ruining my birthday dinner as well as my sisters who was in town from NYC. The Wine Recommendation: Our waiter pointed out a $600 dollar wine and when I said that was a bit much he made me feel like I was a poor person and the rest of the meal was rushed with poor service. (does he make $600 in a week?) The entire service was completely rushed the staff wanted to take away our food before we were even done and the restaurant was not that busy. A very long time ago this place was a fine dining establishment now i would rather go to the Olive Garden and I would have received better service. Dont ever go here! I cant wait till this place closes!
- funomh66Dined on 7/28/2014great restaurant scene. Not for the hard of hearing. Food and service excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Fantastic spot! Food and cocktails were great. The service was excellent. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit at the bar..OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We always visit you when in D.C. and we always sit at the bar. We came in last Saturday and had a blast. The bartender was awesome even though she was swamped. Very friendly and her menu recommendations were awesome. Great time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For VIPs onlySteveInDCDined on 7/25/2014Half empty on a Friday night, this place is clearly past its prime. Wanted a special night for my birthday and a new job but we were first seated near the kitchen door then in an un-airconditioned back room where they hadn't even bothered to light the candles on any of the tables or even set half of them. Got the real impression that unless you are a regular VIP then you are not welcome. We asked for a better table in the main restaurant but were told they were all booked -- yet half remained empty on this Friday night. Food was good but overpriced. Nicer restaurants with less attitude on 14th Street.
- Great placePamelaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Cafe Milano does very little wrong and a lot right. The only complaint that I have is that the prices of appitizers and sides are a bit pricy but it they are great tasting so it is forgivable . If you want to celebrate a special occasion you can't do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to costVacationdineDined on 7/21/2014While the food was great the service was not up to what we paid. Many others in the are I would go to first.
- to be fairilikegoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014I read several reviews while making the reservation and more than one had complained about haughty or even rude service. This was certainly not my experience. The wait staff were all very professional, attentive, and patient. We were seated promptly and our drink order was taken right away. My guest and I asked for a few minutes and, at the appropriate time, I simply made eye contact and the waiter came right over. The food was exceptional in a classic style. The restaurant is popular and loud. We asked to be seated inside and the noise level from large tables got to be a distraction. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. The bill came to $190.00 including gratuity and we ordered only one glass of wine.Special Features:
- Excellent!JulieVIPDined on 7/17/2014A great restaurant with terrific and diverse entree offerings and superb service.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014But not the quiet place I anticipated for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Bring Your Bank AccountOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/12/2014A "seen and be seen" place. Have to be a regular otherwise you are invisible. Main courts good but appetizers very pricy and disappointing.
- Unfriendly service.JBVADined on 7/12/2014We were given the "cold shoulder" by the server. We told him we would like a bottle of wine, and he very arrogantly replied that they had wine for $2000 a bottle, implying that maybe we couldn't afford a bottle (I guess..I really don't know what his point was). During the course of the meal we heard that the President, Vice President, and Governor of Texas had recently dined there. The tables with large groups were getting lavish attention, while we had to flag down a passing server every time we wanted something. The food was excellent, but the attitude of the servers toward us made our experience unpleasant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014The excellent service was the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceplanderVIPDined on 7/8/2014First Class, great food! We were taken great care of and out waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumcoolio79Dined on 7/8/2014Amazing food! I absolutely loved it. I had the squash blossoms and then the veal ravioli. My friend had a pizza and it was also amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodDineWellandLiveDined on 7/7/2014The service was excellent and the food had a special depth of flavour.
- Wonderful Italian lunch in G'town!TNNJVIPDined on 7/6/2014Welcome and surprising find in G'town. A robust, traditional, classic venue that is welcoming and accessible to the neighborhood. Great service and superb food. Would welcome a bit of variety on dessert menu but with everything that comes before, you don't tend to miss it. Mangia!Special Features:
- Cafe Milano just OKSweetCitrusDined on 7/3/2014Cafe Milano is a mixed bag of restaurant and seemingly happening place for DC'ssocial scene/climbers. We were looking forward to our nght out here and while the service was excellent our food was just okay and our dining experience tooloud. Overall, it was overrated and overpriced, to us.
- Aloof waitstaffMamaAKSrestonDined on 6/26/2014Food was lovely. Our waiter was aloof, bordering on rude. We felt as if we were imposing or had somehow offended him. I was taking my son out for a special lunch and from the standpoint of service we could have been at a Denny's.Special Features: