3251 Prospect Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemilano.com/
- Phone: 2023336183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Salvatore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Café Milano now offers catering for private dinners and small off-site events. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Live music offered periodically.
- Cross Street: Wisconsin Avenue NW
- Public Transit: Metrobuses # 32, 34, 35 and 36. The closest stop is Wisconsin Avenue and N Street. Foggy Bottom Metro stop, on the Blue/Orange line is the closest Metro stop. The DC Circulator can also be used as an alternative bus option.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Two public lots & street parking are available.
A word from Café Milano
Cafe Milano provides first-class Italian cuisine, facilitating all your event needs, from private receptions, corporate events, anniversaries & birthdays to fundraisers, seminars, & book parties. Semi-private arrangements are also possible in any of the private rooms or the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Milano reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (90)great for outdoor dining (78)hot spot (63)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (48)great for lunch (42)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Classy operationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014While we had to wait 20 minutes for our reservation, the host was gracious and provided a complimentary bottle of wine for our inconvenience. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Special but make it a regular thingLuv2mangiaDined on 10/17/2014From appetizers to salads to entrees--incredibly fresh and flavorful. Unique offerings make it extra special. Warm friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceDined on 10/16/2014Always visit when I'm in town, the best in food and the bar scene cant be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I've paid less at 5-star restaurants. It's a nice place but way overpriced.Special Features:
- Great for business meetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Expensive place for lunch meetings. The service and food are great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Needs to Match the ServiceabcdVIPDined on 10/5/2014I so looked forward to my premiere excursion to Cafe Milano. The service was courtly and impeccable; no complaints there. My glass of Chianti was lovely. The food-utterly ordinary. I had the fried calamari and zucchini to start. The arrabiata sauce was good, the calamari was serviceable, but the zucchini was so dry and thin that the pieces crumbled upon touch and could not be picked up by a fork. My main course of scallops and grouper over risotto was not good. The scallops were chewy and the grouper was tough and chewy, awful. For dessert we had tiramisu, which was very good indeed. If you sit in the indoor/outdoor patio, please be aware that car lights from the active parking lot opposite and street noise may be distracting.Special Features:
- Great food, marginal serviceChooseyDined on 10/3/20144 of us shared a pizza starter which was absolutely unremarkable and tasteless. The angel hair pasta with tomato and basil was overwhelmed with sauce. It would have been excellent if not for the drenching. The other pasta dish, i can't remember the name, a white sauce with pepper, was perfect. Probably the best ever. The four star rating for the food is in recognition of that dish and the desserts, which was provided without charge due to the concern we expressed about the tomato sauce. The cheesecake and tiramisu were worth the evening. The waiter seemed out of character for the style and expense of the restaurant. He had zero personality, and disappeared after bringing the wine. Service improved after he was summoned. Pricey!Special Features:
- Not trying anymoreChrisVIPDined on 10/2/2014Too expensive now and the menu a bit tired. Resting on past laurels.Special Features:
- Good foodAnniversaryDined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent but a bit pricey Staff was a bit rude in the beginning not sure if they even realized.I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfaction guaranteedKozilikeitDined on 9/26/2014Every time we dine here we feel so at home. Great service, wonderful food. Try the Madona wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Cafe Milano came highly recommended to us, but I left feeling mixed about our experience. While the food was good and nicely presented, the service felt chaotic. There were too many waitstaff among crowded tables and their hustle and bustle made for a less than relaxing dining experience, even though we were dining early at 6:30 pm. Our maitre d'/ somolier was aggressive in pushing us to order drinks and our meal. He really ruined the evening for us by setting a rushed tone. We had a good meal, but could not wait to get out of the restaurant and would likely not return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/23/2014Food just not very good. Two of the pastas were dominated by the same bolognese sauce that tasted like it came out of a can.
- Be seen in Georgetown!SamHoustonVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great food, bit overpriced, but great place to meet friends and enjoy some wine and the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulDbf22VIPDined on 9/19/2014I felt like I was in Italy! The food here is so amazing and the staff from the sommelier to the waiter and even the bus staff are exceptional. I will always make Cafe Milano a stop on our trips to DC and so should youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Milano Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I frequent Cafe Milano perhaps five times per year. In each instance, we are treated to exceptional food, exceptional wine, and exceptional service. Our last visit, just this week, we were thoroughly pleased with Franceso, who made wonderful recommendations, was attentive, but not hovering, and wonderfully engaging. He is one of the reasons we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Need to be somebody for a good seatMcKenna11Dined on 9/17/2014Great food at not so bad prices.seated us in the back with no choice of outside or in main area even though seats were available. We had a reservation. Treated like naive tourists even though we are business travelers. Did not appreciate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding76BluehenVIPDined on 9/16/2014I have dined here many time but this was the first time for 2 member of my group (4 total) Everyone was seriously impressed. We were on a budget and our waiter recommended a very good wine that was not pricey and fit our budget. Food is simply awesome and service is second to none. I highly recommend. I always tell my friends to try the pounded and grilled veal chop - the one who did was the winner this night. He simply couldnt believe how great it was.Special Features:
- Fair at bestRyanDined on 9/16/2014For all the raves I had heard of Cafe Milano, I was unimpressed. The service was fair to middling, slow to be exact, and some stuff was forgotten. Food was okay - I've had better. And the hostess at the reception certainly didn't make one feel very welcome. Overall, not an experience I'm likely to repeat or recommend.
- Authentic!!lovegreatfoodDined on 9/15/2014Just so good! Everyone was nice and welcoming. The house-made pasta was over the top. We had a wide variety of items and we loved them all.Special Features:
- Too expensive for quality offeredWashadelphianDined on 9/13/2014Cafe Milano is certainly a "see and be seen" type place in Georgetown. It's not uncommon to see senators, representatives and ambassadors sipping a glass of wine behind you. The atmosphere is great, and location is it's best quality. However, I was a underwhelmed by the service and food itself. My girlfriend and I went for a date, and I had been looking forward to CM for quite sometime. We were seated outside and had to request for service several times on a relatively uncrowded Saturday evening. I got the veal which was good, but not worth the price I paid. Moreover, the dessert was forgettable and the wine recommendation was not stellar. Overall, a fine dining experience, but with the bill that followed, likely won't be back again.Special Features:
- Cafe Milano was superbFoodiefrommiamiDined on 9/11/2014The food was absolutely amazing. The service impeccable. I had the linguine with lobster in spicy marinara and it was perfectly prepared. The prosciutto and melon was generously portioned, as were the wine pours.Special Features:
- cafe milanochsdining10yearsDined on 9/6/2014Changed our dinner reservation to lunch and it was absolutely exceptional. The food, the service and the attentive wait staff made for a spectacular lunch. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatDCDinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Cafe Milano is one of a very few number of restaurants in DC that has been able to maintain its cache over the years. It has kept up with the times, and neither has dated decor nor a dated menu. Still a great crowd. Great that it has late hours - much appreciated. Only suggestion would be to improve the service a slight bit (staff can be a bit more attentive), although that too is very good. Cafe Milano still stands heads and shoulders among its many peer restaurants opening throughout the city.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 9/4/2014Took my wife to this D.C. staple for the first time and was not disappointed. Service was stellar and the food was incredible. Would highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Over-Hyped & Over-PricedmangianatVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is quite lovely, but the food is nothing particularly special. The owners obviously do, because everything is so over-priced. They do offer a really good tiramisu.
- Never disappointsLuv2dineDined on 8/28/2014My guest and I met for a business dinner. We had impeccable service from the time we were greeted & seated, to our wine/dinner recommendations, to the service we received during dinner. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone, regardless of the occasion.Special Features:
- BMwashereDined on 8/27/2014Perfect as always. Prime Georgetown location. Vibrant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cafe milanoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014We celebrate our wedding anniversary there this week. The food was very well prepared. Service was professional. They brought us a complimentary dissert with a candle. The also brought us two glasses of procesco.Special Features:
- Cafe MilanoRhonaDined on 8/23/2014My guest and I are two Ivy League educated single women with PhD's in our 50's. We had heard that Café Milano was "the place to go to see and be seen" in DC. We were disappointed in the food and the service, and everything on the menu, including drinks, is overpriced. We started with tuna carpaccio (sushi quality raw tuna) and it was quite delicious, but there was a black hair on the plate. Ugh! The waiter brought us a replacement order immediately and apologized. We also had a pasta dish with scallops which was very disappointing. The rigatoni was seriously undercooked and instead of grilled scallops, the pasta was stuffed with chopped bits of scallop meat in a tomato sauce. The tiramisu was nothing special. I would not return.Special Features:
- Awesome Pasta!jdrdinersVIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was excellent at this upscale and beautiful italian fine dining restaurant....from the black/white napkin service to the special selections highlighted for desert. However, I will never go back again and fail to order a pasta. My husband and daughter both had exquisite pastas which, although my chilean sea bass was "melt in your mouth", I wish I had ordered. The special tagliolini with sauteed prosciutto, asparagus and summer truffle was fresh, full of flavor and just the right amount while the pappardelle with veal bolognese was so fine and tender, even the thick noodles almost melted in my mouth. The service is generally attentive and the bar is hopping. Excellent evening all around - Magnifico!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Went here for restraurant week. Great food and great service. Would highly recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continuing the TraditionDCMetroLocalDined on 8/16/2014I look forward to a trip to Cafe Milano every year. Having both been to Italy and appreciating the dining there, my friend and I have started a tradition to celebrate our birthdays here. The food is as close as we've been able to get over here in the States, and the wines are equally good. Definitely worth a look if you're looking to celebrate something, or just get a taste for finer dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!!GWMomDined on 8/16/2014I was looking for a special place to spend a memorable evening with my son before dropping him off at GW. This is a nice restaurant in Georgetown well worth a visit. Very attentive staff and good food, nice cocktails and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuchiVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was on our list of places to visit for several years, and when we finally had time to go during the August 2014 restaurant week, we were looking forward to it. We thought it would be a great opportunity to sample their food at a relatively reasonable price. Suffice it to say we will not be going back. We did not enjoy any of the dishes we ordered, and we were particularly offended by the service. Cafe Milano made clear to us that it serves a certain type of customer well, but its "ordinary" customers do not receive the same treatment. Note to restaurant: don't offer a restaurant week menu if you will not treat all of your customers the same way.
- FoodophileDined on 8/15/2014Better than Rome, London, or Paris! Better than anywhere here I. The US! Excellent service, excellent food, beautiful weather, great garden! Server was profound! I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceSteve50Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent service and great food. Thoroughly enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Restaurant week goodieegardenutDined on 8/14/2014I went with a friend for a Restaurant Week lunch and found Café Milano to be charming! The food was wonderful and the service made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstNdingBigGfromNHDined on 8/13/2014Fantastic meal the Cafe Milano, the service and food were both excellent. The best meal we had while in DC by far. The pasta special with truffles was outstanding and all the staff & their super attentive service made this a really great eveningSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week Summer 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I made a reservation at Cafe Milano and brought my girlfriend here for lunch. The ambiance of the restaurant was amazing, as was the service. Our waiter, Candido Bonilla, was an expert. He knew the menu inside out. He made some great recommendations and I really enjoyed the food here. The desserts were amazing. The tiramisu is to die for. Absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDJSWashDCDined on 8/13/2014We dined on the patio and had excellent service. All of the food met expectations but the scallops were outstanding.Special Features: