11901 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafemichelangelo.com/index.asp
- Phone: 2156982233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday:11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday: 2:00pm - 1:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cafe Michelangelo offers banquet style or buffet options for catering. Please ask about our on-site and off-site catering options and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Michelangelo offers a variety of private dining options, with both indoor, outdoor, and patio seating options available. We have held private parties ranging from small weddings to showers and birthday parties. Please call with any questions or for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Giuliano Verrecchia 2679342560
- Entertainment: Cafe Michelangelo offers a variety of events and entertainment. From our annual wine festival, to our Brunch with Santa we provide our guests with a variety of monthly activities. We also provide live music throughout the week, with a seasonal dance area, as well as bar specials and activities. Please see our calendar of events for more detailed information regarding our weekly and monthly events and entertainment.
A word from Cafe Michelangelo
Cafe Michelangelo is a full service bar and restaurant that was started by two Italian brothers, Angelo and Michael Di Sandro, who had the desire to bring a love of their food and culture to America. In 1992, they opened Cafe Michelangelo in order to do just that. Tucked away in a corner of northeast Philadelphia, Cafe Michelangelo expands into a European style hideaway. From the fully imported Italian brick oven and cafe bar, to the extensive outdoor seating shaded by grape vines, and including two outdoor bocce courts, Cafe Michelangelo brings you right to the hills of Italy. The expansive size of the restaurant also provides the opportunity to accommodate a variety of events including live bands, dancing, reunions, and private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Michelangelo reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Our FursyTillierootsDined on 9/22/2014Cafe Michelangelo is always the first choice for our group of friends to celebrate our birthdays. We love the spinach salad, the pizzas and the sangria! Our waiter was especially attentive this visit. Even though it's in our neighborhood, we feel like each visit is a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent & DependableAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Cafe Michelangelo serves consistently good food in a comfortable, casual atmosphere at a reasonable price. Its pizza ripiena cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KicnbacKICNBACVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our server JUSTINO was one of the best we ever had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEKICNBACVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our server Diana was Awesome !!!! She made sure our experience was a great one !!! From cocktails to appetizers to entrees flowed perfectly !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeliveable !!!!!!!!!KICNBACVIPDined on 7/13/2014When you arrive at the restaurant it looks like a typical shopping center restaurant until you enter and that is when you become amazed with any type of seating that you prefer indoor and outdoor. Also for you Bocci Players there are two bocci courts, live music almost every Sunday. It Certainly Is A Neighborhood Gem !!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Cafe Michelangelo reviews archive.
- time2eatoutDined on 6/15/2014I brought a friend here for her birthday. I was so embarrassed by how horrible the experience was...I have no idea how this place has gotten decent reviews online. Besides the mediocre (at best) food, the service was THE WORST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED in my life. We had to request numerous times to place our over, for refills on our drinks, for a box for her leftovers, etc. Our waitress would disappear for at least 20 minutes at a time - not an exaggeration. The only redeeming factor was the outside patio was delightful.
- Wonderfuljat20Dined on 6/12/2014Food was delicious. Small portions for the price, but very tastey. Service was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRESENTATIONShelly715Dined on 4/29/2014The food and the I had the mussels fresh in garlic great the mussels where very big but tender well prepared my guest had the crab cake great portion tasted great I would recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prices & PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2014Out of all the NE Philly Itatlian restaurants, this has to be one of the best. Everything was really good, nothing was too garlicky, too salty, or too buttery which is rare for some Italian places. If anything, a pinch of salt would have made everything perfect but otherwise everything tasted fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Their pizza is worth a driveAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 3/23/2014I live across the street from a pizzeria, but drive half an hour for Cafe Michelangelo's pizza. Another fantastic meal!Special Features:
- Could have been betterDissatisfiedDined on 3/20/2014The pasta was pretty bland. Nothing to write home about. I took one of my newly appointed and hired managers there. I much preferred him to have a taste of Philadelphia that danced on his pallet but it more so dragged over my taste buds.Special Features:
- Lovely experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Eight of us went to Michelangelo's to celebrate my husband's birthday. When we walked into the atrium area where our table was set up, we were greeted by the beautiful sounds of a female singer/keyboard player. Later, since it was St. Patrick's Day weekend, we were further entertained by some Irish Dancers and accompanying music. All eight of us really enjoyed our food - and we ordered a great variety of food. I'd say it was a very lovely experience all around, and we're all looking forward to going back there in the warmer weather when we can experience the outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not bad, but better as a pizza spotNovaNationDined on 3/4/2014kind of thought it would be more of a fine dining spot. Good food, but better suited for kids and lunch. Wine was reasonable and a pretty good selection.Special Features:
- Hidden Beautymcannon66Dined on 2/14/2014Who would have known the whole experience of this restaurant from the street view of a strip mall? But it is more then that as Michelangelo's makes the most of their surrounding land with an outside bar and dinning area with live music which set a great mood for valentine's day. The weather had been snowing the prior weeks so the full outside experience was not available. From what we could tell, the outside vineyard like hang out only added to the mystique of the NE Philly gem. My fiance and I shared a dinner for 2 of lobster, steak and pasta. The lobster was stuffed with flavor and the steak melted in my mouth. We plan on going back in the summer when the outside is open and plan to take part in some of the brick oven pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Michelangelo makes theAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 11/10/2013Cafe Michelangelo makes the best pizza and that's what brings me back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice in the GNEDirtDogDined on 11/9/2013My wife and I chose Cafe Michelangelos based on the wide variety of pasta dishes for my picky wife and the easily accessible location in the Northeast. She had the penne vodka and shocked me by wanting to take home the leftovers. I had some fish that hit the spot. We will definitely go back and look forward to sitting outside in the laid back outdoor area near the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star serviceMikiDined on 10/26/2013As soon as we steeped across the threshold my husband and I were treated as though we were the only diners that evening. The wait staff as extremely attentive; Coupled with the food presentation and wonderful taste AND GREAT SERVICE, we truly enjoyed out experience. Highly recommend this establishment. We usually travel out of the area to eat authentic Italian food. It seems we can now save gas money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was good forXxxxVIPDined on 10/13/2013This restaurant was good for a moderately priced restaurant. The portions were generous and the food was tasty. The server (who I believe was the owner or manager) could have had a little more personality. He had no expression at all as he served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKadshanselDined on 9/20/2013Sauce was not great and portions were small. Service was terrible, slow, wrong drinks brought out and I saw lots of wrong food come out to other tables and had to be sent back.Special Features:
- Ok, Add ons not worth extra priceLTRreviewDined on 8/25/2013We dined here for our anniversary and the restaurant came recommended from a friend. The Caesar salad was excellent w/chicken added. Didn't care for the house dressing on my salad, but waitress never came back to the table so that I could let her know. Added Shrimp to pasta w/ Vodka sauce, but the shrimp was extremely overcooked and tough. Vodka sauce good. The meatball added to my 5 yr old's $7 of plain spaghetti w/butter was not edible. I thought she was just being picky, but upon tasting the meatball it had a very off taste and I could not eat it either. Wish we had not bothered with adding on these extras as they added up to become a very overpriced meal for 2 adults & 2 kids. It was $80+ & we had no alcoholic beverages. Waitress Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Michelangelo always makesAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2013Cafe Michelangelo always makes great pizza, but the pizza ripiena was particularly good this time. For casual dining, this is one of my absolute favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Michelangelo createsAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 6/9/2013Cafe Michelangelo creates consistently outstanding food in a casual setting. Its reliable nature makes me return again and again.Special Features:
- Very comfortable atmosphereNeonLeonDined on 6/7/2013Each member of my party of 6 found just what we wanted from the extensive menu selection. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and her recommendations were spot on. The desserts were excellent. This restaurant has many rooms. The room we were in was comfortable, but not special. BTW: No one in my party had pizza but I could see it being hand tossed and plan to go back & try it. It was thin crust & looked very good.Special Features:
- the good was awesome.MikewiremannDined on 5/19/2013But the server hardly spoke English....I think he was Russian..not that it was horrible service just like to communicate with the person we are ordering our food fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- totally terrific waitress NatalyaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Really great food very moderately priced, outstanding service...we took clients and they really had a great timetoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Pizza in the North Eastbsiravo1Dined on 4/20/2013My husband and I get the white pizza with spinach all the time! The pizza is the best here. Service was vert attentive for a busy saturday night. My only complain for the evening is that we booked the resrvation on this site and when we got there they said they didnt know about our reservation (I guess they dont check this site???) So we had to wait about 15 minutes but besides that the food is great! All 4 of us enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Skip the Chains and Come Here!AdventurousDinerVIPDined on 3/13/2013Cafe Michelangelo has a nice family feel to it. It's not a place for a pretentious gourmand, but rather where to go when you want consistently well prepared standard dishes served in a comfortable atmosphere at a reasonable price. Their pizza, particularly their pizza ripiena, is superb, and they always start off each meal with a complimentary bruschetta that is delicious. You can even get real gelatto (not ice cream) for dessert. I also appreciate the half carafes of house wine on the menu which make the perfect accompaniment when dining with a friend. In short, skip the chain restaurants and come here.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Was not very inpressed when we walked in because we came in the wrong door, we entered the Pizza side of the Restaurant. Once the Matre D took us into the dining room I was very happy, no waiting sat us right at our table. The waiter was average, could have known the menu better and the wine selection, also did not give us extra napkins ( which I asked him for ) But thanks to the nephew Juliano, who came over to me to ckeck if all was OK and got me a spoon so I could eat my pasta, our experience was great. Would surly go back againSpecial Features:
- The food was good, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013The food was good, and the portions were large. The host was also very welcoming. My wife and I were glad to find another reasonabley priced Italian restaurant not too far from where we live.