11th at Tatnall Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemezzanotte.net/
- Phone: (302) 658-7050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sergio Pellegrino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer off-site catering to offices in the area. Call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 20 guests. For larger parties we may be able to close off an area of the restaurant. We also have a large screen & a projector if needed for your presentation. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sergio Pellegrino 8776642420
- Special Events: Please call or check our website for wine, beer, and food tastings.
- Cross Street: Tatnall Street
- Public Transit: Dart Bus stops right in front of the restaurant. There is also a taxi stop at the hotel dupont which is only a block away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Feel free to park at any one of the several public lots, or if your visit with us will be short you can make use of on the street parking at metered spots (they spot ticketing at 6:00pm. Unfurtunately we no longer validate parking for any area garages.
A word from Cafe Mezzanotte
Since our opening in June of 2003, Cafe Mezzanotte has built a reputation as Delaware"s premier spot to enjoy classically prepared Pan-Mediterranean cuisine. We offer a intimate atmosphere with servers who attend to each diner with exceptional care. We are located in Center City Wilmington. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening for two, or hosting a large corporate gathering, all of us at Cafe Mezzanotte will cater to your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Mezzanotte reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- We thought the food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2011We thought the food was OK and we had an attentive server however the lights were so bright we felt like we were in a diner. The music playing was a hits station so the ambiance wasn't happening. Not going back anytime soon. Also by 8:00, we were one of two tables left.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Food was okay, service was okay - nothing special.Special Features:
- We have never been to WilmingtonFmedic5Dined on 10/14/2011We have never been to Wilmington before, we enjoyed our meal. The service was excellent, attentive without being overbearing. The Chef stopped by and was a pleasure to converse with. We would recommend this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2011Had guests in from Europe. They requested authentic Italian and they were not disappointed. Service was excellent. Only concern was that the restaurant was empty.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Cafe Messanotte came highly recommended to us. I was very disappointed. My filet mignon was overcooked; my husband's and daughter's seafood (rice with clams and so on) was chewy and my girlfriend's pasta was untasty. While the chef and waiter chatted with the guests (which was nice), it left us waiting for -- among other things -- our check.
- We enjoyed a meal here "pre-theatreCorbs1251VIPDined on 9/24/2011We enjoyed a meal here "pre-theatre" and it was very good. Bread & mixed green salad were both delicious as were our entree's. I enjoyed the Sea Bass which I hadn't had for years. It was a decent sized portion. The wine by the glass was just "OK", it would be nice if they offered a bit more variety in that regard but we would go back as it was convenient to the theatre area. They offer free parking (validation) in a lot but unfortunately we chose the wrong lot so call ahead and see which lot to park in.
- Shared Appetizer special wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2011Shared Appetizer special was a delicious combination of caramelized figs and prosciutto. We asked to add some mozzarella and were easily accommodated. Pasta courses were veal ravioli (wonderful) and a delightful penne pesto. Far Entrees we had Chilean Sea Bass, which was cooked perfectly, and Balsamic Chicken, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Once again we had a wonderful experience and will be back soon!Special Features:
- I loved everything about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2011I loved everything about this resturant, the atmosphere, the food, the staff. It was simply the perfect place to have dinner with my soon to be wife.Special Features:
- Went on a week night for myOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2011Went on a week night for my husbands Bdy and it was not busy and very quiet. The staff was very nice and the food was really very good!Special Features:
- Nice menu. Will probably goNT125Dined on 8/26/2011Nice menu. Will probably go back. However with the head chef hosting a family party things were VERY slow in the kitchen. Not sure if that's rare or the usual, but it took 75 min. to get our entrees.
- Once again, an excellent meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/7/2011Once again, an excellent meal. I had stuffed chicken balsamic and it was great! the pasta special was tortolloni buscaiola, which I had as my side. Delicious! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2011Food was delicious. Service excellent. Decor inside was a little dated. The patio looks very nice, but there was no one out there during the evening.Special Features:
- Mediocre, at Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011Dinner review - Entire meal, from entree to dessert, was mediocre. Service was OK. Lunch menu much better than dinner menu. Dessert advertised as 'our homemade tiramisu'. Don't know why they would publicize that - It was disgusting. Would not recommend restaurant for dinner, or go back myself. Sure hope no one invites me here. A real disappointment!
- Good food, Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2011I was disappointed in the service. Our waiter brought our check without asking if anyone wanted coffee or dessert, and when he brought the dessert tray over, he placed it on the table abruptly and went through the choices hastily. This was embarrassing at a business lunch when you are hosting. The food was good though.
- This turned out to be a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2011This turned out to be a great place. The menu was nice, the wine list a little more unique then we have seen, but with good selections. It to us and our friends is a nice place for a good dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious food, leisurelyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/9/2011Delicious food, leisurely meal provided ample time for visiting. If you are going to the theatre from dinner, be sure to mention this to your wait person.Special Features:
- Food was o.k, but pricey forHartskiDined on 4/8/2011Food was o.k, but pricey for the quality. Service was good. Need some cheaper options for wine - cheapest was $45.Special Features:
- very nice experience--FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011very nice experience--Food was delicious, our waiter was outstanding. He was very attentive, informative, and knowledgable. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- worst meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011this was the worst most overpriced meal i have ever had. the pasta was terrible. i wish i never went. do not waste your time or money.
- Not the best optiondkeatsDined on 3/11/2011I can't say that I would return to Cafe Mezzanote. The food was decent but the overall experience was not very good. The decor is like eating at a hotel in the 1980s, one that felt dated in the 80s. The place was basically empty at 7:30 on a Friday night which doesn't speak well for their dinner business. Service was terrible as the waiter forgot to bring items on multiple occasions even though we were one of maybe 3 tables in the whole place. Since there are plenty of good Italian places in the area, I'll go to one that has service, ambiance, and food, not just one of three.
- Food was good but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2011Food was good but overpriced. Service was mediocre, unsophisticated. Special offer (Groupon) was not honored on prix fixe "pre-show" dinners.
- Was not the best choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011Was not the best choice for a Valentine's Day dinner. Lights could have been dimmer. All tables were sitting somewhat close together. Food was good.
- Nothing very special aboutPuckVIPDined on 2/12/2011Nothing very special about the restaurant. The food was quite good. The service was ok and pleasant. The prices were very reasonable. We were next to the private dining room and the noise was VERY loud, because there is no door, only a curtain separating the party room from the restaurant.
- Brought a friend for his firstOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/11/2011Brought a friend for his first time and he LOVED it! The bronzino (sp) was wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Relaxed atmosphereKMaryDined on 2/9/2011Excellent food. Relaxed atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:
- My wife & I and another coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2011My wife & I and another couple visited Cafe Mezzanotte for dinner before going to the DuPont Playhouse. Service was very good and food was very tasty. But menu was not that interesting, most items were typical standard at many above average restaurants. Wine list was very good and enjoyed a good bottle of wine appropriately priced.Special Features:
- Birthday GatheringDivaLifestyleDined on 2/5/2011Our dining experience was awesome. I love this place and my friends really enjoyed it as well, since it was their first time there. Sergio and Staff always come through to make dining here a pleasure. Thanks Sergio and Staff once again, mainly for allowing us to celebrate my Friend's Birthday with cake and all. Most places do not allow outside food and we were able to wish him a loving Birthday amongst love ones and friends in an Romantic, low key atmosphere. Thanks again, KristinSpecial Features:
- I heard the (woman) bartenderKellielc7VIPDined on 1/31/2011I heard the (woman) bartender curse 3 times, the food was overpriced, the green beans were bland, the decor not too good. Will not be back
- We found that Cafe MezzanotteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2011We found that Cafe Mezzanotte offers a fine dining experience. The surroundings were comfortable and friendly and the staff amiable and efficient. My wife found their grilled Branzino a fish dish "to die for" and I thoroughly enjoyed the Chicken Lemon. The vegetable side, always a good indicater of restruant quality, in this case, grilled asparagus and potatoe wedges, was also excellent.Special Features:
- Featured selections were veryNightcapDined on 12/31/2010Featured selections were very good as was service. Crab pasta was quite different than expected and very good as was fagoli soup. Cipino was also well-done.Special Features:
- Had a great meal on New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2010Had a great meal on New Year's Eve! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a real treat.Special Features:
- Not very crowded for a SaturdayMomMomDined on 12/18/2010Not very crowded for a Saturday night. Service was prompt and effecient. Food was served hot and quite tasty.Special Features:
- Had a delicious lemon flounderOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/17/2010Had a delicious lemon flounder special which was cooked perfectly. Unfortunately they were out of the pasta special, which was spinach fettuccine in a boscaiola sauce. When I asked for a side of gnocchi in that same boscaiola sauce, the chef was very accommodating. It was delicious!Special Features:
- As my friends and I have visited5friendsDined on 12/4/2010As my friends and I have visited Cafe Mezzanotte on quite a few occassions, I found the food this time was not up to par. I ordered Chilean Sea Bass my favorite prepared there and it was lukewarm and a tad mushy, with little flavor. My friends ordered various other things and were a little disapointed with their meal as well. As I know everyone has an off night, Saturday night must have been one of them. I will go back again and hope that the meal will be what has always been, well prepared.. Although, the service was very good.
- Once again, an excellent meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/18/2010Once again, an excellent meal! This place is a must if you are in the Wilmington area.Special Features:
- My wife and I drive down fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2010My wife and I drive down from New York two to three times a year for Opera Delaware performances and are always looking for new places to eat. When our usual dining spot was booked last Spring we decided to try Cafe Mezzanotte that we had passed many times. We and had such a good experience that we decided to return this Fall. Our waiter Miguel struck the right balance of attentiveness and efficiency. We were pleasantly surprised by the selections on the Pre-Theater pre fixe menu and decided to go with that. From the Ceasar Salads to the Salmon and Penne ala vodka entrees we were impressed with the freshness and flavor of the ingredients and although we had plenty of time before the curtain, our server was sensitive to that issue.Special Features:
- Terrible food for a terriblyDisappointedVIPDined on 11/8/2010Terrible food for a terribly high price! Opentable should seriously reconsider posting this restaurant. One expects quality to make the cost but that is not the case for this place. Substandard ingredients to save on cost. I would like my money back! Go to Harry Savoy Grill or Krazy Kat's instead when in Wilmington, DE.
- great service, fine italianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2010great service, fine italian dining, the buffalo mozzarella was a little staleSpecial Features:
- We could not have been moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2010We could not have been more pleased with service and food it was served slowly as not to make us feel rushed. Anthony Giuffre I will return.Special Features:
- the food was amazing. BEstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2010the food was amazing. BEst calamari i have ever had! the Fillet was superb. I will be going back here very often.Special Features: