11th at Tatnall Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemezzanotte.net/
- Phone: 3026587050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sergio Pellegrino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer off-site catering to offices in the area. Call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 20 guests. For larger parties we may be able to close off an area of the restaurant. We also have a large screen & a projector if needed for your presentation. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sergio Pellegrino 8776642420
- Special Events: Please call or check our website for wine, beer, and food tastings.
- Cross Street: Tatnall Street
- Public Transit: Dart Bus stops right in front of the restaurant. There is also a taxi stop at the hotel dupont which is only a block away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Feel free to park at any one of the several public lots, or if your visit with us will be short you can make use of on the street parking at metered spots (they spot ticketing at 6:00pm. Unfurtunately we no longer validate parking for any area garages.
A word from Cafe Mezzanotte
Since our opening in June of 2003, Cafe Mezzanotte has built a reputation as Delaware"s premier spot to enjoy classically prepared Pan-Mediterranean cuisine. We offer a intimate atmosphere with servers who attend to each diner with exceptional care. We are located in Center City Wilmington. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening for two, or hosting a large corporate gathering, all of us at Cafe Mezzanotte will cater to your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Mezzanotte reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Nice lunchcuffthisVIPDined on 5/9/2014My friend and I both enjoyed our lunch combo specials. For $9 each, we both received 2 course meals. The food was tasty and the portion sizes decent. The service was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the Cafe Mezzanotte reviews archive.
- Perfect MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/20/2014My husband has a very discerning palate and we hardly ever eat out because he "could make it better at home", but this meal he called his first perfect meal at a restaurant--his highest praise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbJonezzeDined on 2/14/2014Great service & scrumptious food! You've got a customer in me! Thanks for the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okwintergemsDined on 2/14/2014A few months prior to our tip to this restaurant, we visited another restaurant owned by the same owner and was very displeased with the extreme amount of time it took us to receive our food. However, we decided to give Mezzanote a chance for Valentine's Day since it has been around for a while... again, we weren't impressed. We waited a long time for the server to greet us and each course took a long time to get to us (but this was all tables I noticed, not just us)- in total it took us 2 and a half hours for dinner. The food was good but not enough for me to return; I like prompt service and this just didn't hit the mark for me.
- Ok food.FTG1ssDined on 2/10/2014the food was not bad, but was mediocre at best. the Anti-pasta was really good but the calamari was ok but a serving for one. I had the balsamic chicken and the vinegar overwhelmed the dish. two in our party had the sea bass and would not order it again in the future. the Veal Ravioli was good according to one person who got that dish. bottom line was 5 people, so-so food and almost $300 bill leave a less than favorable impression. probably won't go back.
- Great food wonderful ambiance.JimmazVIPDined on 2/4/2014Friendly service with some great deals and very flavorful dishes. We have always enjoyed our meals at Mezzanote and highly recommend the restaurant. Try their Branzino fish dish whenever available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert DinnercopsonVIPDined on 1/28/2014We picked one of the coldest nights of the year to stray from our usual pre-concert dinner at the Hotel DuPont and walk down the street to Café Mezzanotte. Good idea. We had a delicious dinner, highlighted by a silky sea bass entrée. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blahdaisyDined on 1/25/2014It was quiet because we had a 5 pm reservation and the restaurant opened at 5 so we were the only patrons for the first 30 minutes. The restaurant was cold inside, otherwise the atmosphere was fine. The salmon was dry and had no flavor. The crabcake was ok except it fell apart and was difficult to pick up with a fork. There were no vegetables, just a bed of arugula and I already had a spinach salad and wasn't interested in more greens. My husband's serving of tiramisu was broken in half. The waitress said "The first piece is the hardest to get out." Then the first piece or any broken piece shouldn't be served.
- Friday at theCafe...BettyDined on 1/17/2014We visited the restaurant for the first time before a show at The Grand. It was fabulous!!!!! We are planning on a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good lunchcuffthisVIPDined on 12/16/2013My lunch was very good and an excellent value. For $9, my soup and pasta was a lot of well seasoned food. My dining partner's soup and salad with salmon was also a large portion. Both of us said that we enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- A good menu with wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013A good menu with wonderful daily specials. All four meals we ordered were wonderful, especially the seafood. The Sea Bass was excellent.Special Features:
- Cafe perfecto...Bill1983VIPDined on 11/15/2013A fine place to dine with a homey vibrant feel! Would recommend to anyone willing to have a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the lunch special-halfOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013I had the lunch special-half panini with salad. It was very good but the salad was very small- about 4 bites. I would have liked a little more. My mother had the chicken parm. Delicious! But the chicken was tough. Shouldn't have to saw through a chicken cutlet with a steak knife. I have eaten here a few times before and the same problem persists. The service is Very Slow. I thought lunch service would be faster. If you are trying to attract people who are on their lunch hour, you won't. Takes too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a year, myself, my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013Once a year, myself, my daughter and my niece visit the DuPont Theatre for a play and we always ( past 7 years) book a reservation for lunch and then do the Wednesday matinee at the theatre. Look forward to it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceEfoodieDined on 10/29/20134 of us girls enjoyed ourselves, having very good dinner. Food was tasty, service attentive. Next time I will insist on having the table far from the bar because people there were very loud. Overall this is a good place to stop by before your play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseBillandmuffDined on 10/26/2013Nicely appointed dining area with table setting with eye appeal. Had salad, and pasta dish and a tartufo for dessert. Everything was tasty, service good. Great recommendation from the Wilmington Courtyard which is a three minute walk to Mezzanotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet in an eerie wayCorbs1251VIPDined on 10/26/2013This was our 2nd visit to Cafe Mezzanotte. On our 1st visit the place was very quiet with only 2 other tables occupied. This time we were the only 2 in the restaurant during the dinner hour on a Saturday night! Wierd. The salads we had were served promptly and were crisp and good although sparce - just greens and cheese. I ordered a seafood "special" that included grilled salmon, scallops & shrimp & my husband ordered Fettucini Bolognese. Entrees took a LONG time to come out - with only two people to serve, how could they be slow in the kitchen?? My fish was so over cooked I could not eat it. Our waiter had found other things to do (football game?) reappearing when my husband had finished to ask if the meals were good. Too late!!
- Theatre LunchSharonDined on 10/2/2013Four of my friends and I eat at your restaurant every time we go to the DuPont Theatre for a Wednesday matinee. We find the food fresh and delicious and the service friendly and fast. The new specials are excellent...almost too much food for women who cannot take a "doggie" bag home. We love your wine list and enjoy a bottle of that as well. We will continue to come to your restaurant as long as all of the above continues....which I hope is forever. Thanks for a great dining experience. SharonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Goodtdaddy629Dined on 9/21/2013Overall, our experience was good. The restaurant needs to update their decor, very old and somewhat dark. The food for the most part was good. We enjoyed the calarmari for appetizer and salads were good. Stuffed flounder was very good, though I had the gnocchi which was tough and chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but place was dead.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2013The food was very good, and the owner/chef came out to say hello. My caprese salad and pasta dish special were surprisingly good (and I just returned from a week in Italy eating at Mobile-rated restaurants), as was my wife's sea bass. She thought the tartufo was the best that she had ever had. While the food was very good, there was only one or two other tables in the restaurant on a Saturday night, and the servers were a little creepy. The ambiance was non-existent, and so the overall experience would not bring us back.
- Plan to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2013We've been here twice and plan to return again. The food was great and our server extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They have a very nice wine list and can help you choose an appropriate wine if you don't recognize all in their offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2013Good spot for a quiet business discussion at one of the back tables. Wait staff not intrusive but attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sponaneous Lunch in CC WilmingtonRobertDined on 6/20/2013We had a full and heavy lunch during an off-time, weekday. No reservation needed. Service was fast, wait staff attentive, conversational, food was hot and wonderful, deserts to die for, clean place, quiet, view of the plaza, overall 5 star rating. Recommend to others. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exclusive Elegance in the CityDallas1380Dined on 5/12/2013My most recent experience at Café Mezzanotte was for Mothers Day Lunch. I found the food, wine selection and service exquisite. The ambience of the atmosphere is most certainly one of a kind. Our children were with us (ages 10-14) and they too, thoroughly enjoyed the menu selection and the complementing amenities the restaurant offers. Its perfect for a special occasion, romantic dinner, celebratory dinners, brunch or happy hour with friends or co-workers that appreciate a fantastic selection. Although there were young children in attendance with other families, I would not recommend bringing very young children. The restaurant is most welcoming, but out of courtesy for other patrons, I would only bring older children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013"We always enjoy our dinners at Cafe Mezzanotte. The food is excellent."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu includes a nice selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2013Menu includes a nice selection of heartier and lighter fare to suit a broad range of tastes. All plates tasted so far have an excellent blend of flavors; particularly recommnd the antipasto dish. Very attentive yet unobtrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkably poorPoppaSmurfDined on 4/27/2013Wow. Hard to believe this place wanted to be on Restauarant Week. To promote what? Saturday night - nearly empty. Two waiters for six tables of patrons and they can't keep up with the service. Be prepared to wait. Food is very 1985. Heavy. Laden with sauce. Overcooked. All above not to be topped by dessert. Marscapone cream (aka cannoli filling) in a glass. Tasted liked dried out school glue, but with the glue, you'd already have low expectations. Lowest possible rating. Zero stars, if that is possible.
- My wife and I went on thePhillyInLSLDined on 4/27/2013My wife and I went on the last day (Sat) of restaurant week. They were out of the Italian Cream Puff desert, but my wife enjoyed her 3 course meal anyway. Wish the restaurant had more folks on the weekend, but all in all it was a great meal at a good restaurant.
- Next to the Delaware OperaAmazingDined on 4/19/2013Next to the Delaware Opera House. That is about all that was "special" about this place. Service was nice but the food was EH! They bring you out bruschetta in the beginning - however the bread - not toasted!?! It was convient for where we needed to be otherwise would not eat there.
- We were disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2013We were disappointed that they weren't offering a price fix dinner, which they formerly did on Theatre show nights, and the food was not was a little disappointing also.
- Our first time dining hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Located in downtown Wilmington, DE, this restaurant is very convenient to the DuPont Theatre where Broadway production performances come throughout the year. This was our first time dining at this restaurant, and we were very surprised that they had very few customers (we had an early dinner reservation prior to going to the play, but the restaurant never did become anywhere near full by the time we left). All four of us had a different entree, and we all thought the food was delicious. Each course was presented attractively on the plates. It was obvious that our waiter was probably new (and seemed flustered at times), but the service was still very good and efficient. We definitely will return to dine here in the future.
- We often eat at Cafe MezzanotteKMaryDined on 4/4/2013We often eat at Cafe Mezzanotte when we have show tickets to the DuPont Theater. We have never been disappointed in the food or service. Every dish was a masterpiece - to the eyes and the palate. Not only was the food delicious, the portions were large enough to take half home!Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Very good food at a fair price. Friendly and attentive servers.Special Features:
- Overcooked seafood and risotto...pewl704Dined on 3/4/2013Overcooked seafood and risotto...perhaps there are better dishes, but I will never know.
- Overall we had a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Overall we had a good experience. Several things kept it from being exceptional. The music was completely wrong for the atmosphere. The server was ok but not very upbeat, almost too serious. The food took way too long to come out with just 3 other tables occupied ?? The salmon was dry and the crab imperial topping was more like a deviled crab mixture vs. an imperial. The crab tortellinis were excellent along with a great sauce. The bread and oil dipping sauce was also above par. Again like the music another mixed message was the hostess. Although very polite and cordial she was wearing very casual atire for what seemed like an upscale atmosphere. Until these issues are addressed the restaurant dosen't seem to know what it wants to be.Special Features:
- Uninspiredr5lrVIPDined on 1/29/2013Modestly priced and uninspired - both the decor and the food. Value was delivered through a 15% AAA discount and validated parking (free). A change from Deep Blue (across the street) for before theater dinner, but won't likely go back.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013Grilled Seabass-seafood Absolutley tremendous dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Branzino & Lamb ChopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Branzino & Lamb chop Outstanding. Many thanks Chef Sergio.Special Features:
- Limited food selections. IlovedessertsDined on 12/8/2012Limited food selections. I am lactose intolerant, hard to find something without cheese. Also, don't eat pork. If you like cheese or items with bacon you will love this restaurant.Special Features:
- We did not plan our time properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012We did not plan our time properly in order to arrive at the theater on time, so they were rushed. In spite of that the service was good and the food was excellent. We will visit there again, but with careful planning. God bless. abSpecial Features: