Cafe Med Restaurant
2096 NE 2nd Street
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Med Restaurant
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cafemeddeerfield.com/
- Phone: 9545965840x
- Hours of Operation:
MON-SAT 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
SUN 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tulio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Diego Oppo 9545965840x
A word from Cafe Med Restaurant
Traditional Italian food served "Family Style" facing the water of beautiful Deerfield Beach.Continued
Come enjoy our selection of imported cold cuts, cheeses and pastas perfectly prepared by Executive Chef Tulio Castilla.
Come enjoy our selection of imported cold cuts, cheeses and pastas perfectly prepared by Executive Chef Tulio Castilla.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Med Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great viewPRossiVIPDined on 8/6/2014Overall good experience. View of ocean is really great, sit outside if possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 7/9/2014excellent choice - food was great! We are local and would return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Cafe Med Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great all-aroundLittleBlondieDined on 5/13/2014Great as always! Service and food couldn't be better!Special Features:
- Great all-aroundLittleBlondieDined on 4/9/2014Great food, and even better service! The view couldn't be better and there is valet parking. Great place for locals and visitors!Special Features:
- Beautiful setting but..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant has a beautiful setting but the food is only average. We have been twice and have had the same experience. But it is new, so maybe they will improve. The location is wonderful and sitting outside is great. Their is a troubadour walking around which is pleasant.Special Features:
- This review should not requireOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/26/2014This review should not require you to give grades for food, ambience, service etc if it is not applicable.
- The best of Florida outdoorrogerlaw1VIPDined on 3/22/2014The best of Florida outdoor ocean dining. Ambience beyond compare, quality food at reasonable prices, with good selection. And large portions. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experiencechettaDined on 3/22/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. Everything looked delicious and everyone enjoyed his or her food. The clams and spaghetti (whether it was red or white) got the biggest raves. I wasn't to crazy about the snapper but the other person loved it. Everyone enjoyed the mussels and calamari. Service was good and she was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing was bad but nothingslingyDined on 3/15/2014Nothing was bad but nothing was outstanding. Service ok, food ok, just nothing special.Special Features:
- Get the family styleSuzyQDined on 3/8/2014Great food wonderful outdoor dinning. You can buy one dish or get family style. The salad family style was very good and was able to share with four people. If you eat outside they have the heat lamp to keep you warm on cool nights or just eat inside where its warmer. Enjoy !!!!!Special Features:
- Job Well Done!SoFlaFoodieDined on 3/2/2014Our experience the other night was very good. We were seated at a table outside, with a great view of the ocean. Our server came over almost immediately and greeted us. He was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. After a few suggestions we finally settled on having the meatball as our appetizer. We were told it was big, but were definitely surprised when it arrived! The server said it was about the size of a softball, and he was NOT kidding. It was very good. For dinner we had the chicken marsala and a mahi mahi that was on special that night. The fish was highly recommended by our waiter, and did not disappoint! It was delicious, as was the chicken. All in all, it was a great time, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCatsmeowVIPDined on 2/14/2014The portions are generous and prices are reasonable. The bread, though warm, was a disappointment. Instead of a nice crusty bread, it was more like a sliced hot dog bun. They served complimentary dips with it, an olive tapenade, a red pepper dip, and olive oil with parsley I think it was. The pasta in the Pasta & Bean soup was mushy instead of al dente. Too much shaved Parmesan in the Caesar salad. The lasagna and the eggplant parm were good. The marinara sauce on both dishes were nice and thick and flavorful. A good family restaurant right near the beach for casual dining.Special Features:
- Our favorite beach restaurant!AGC7Dined on 2/14/2014We had our Valentine's Day dinner at Cafe Med, and were highly impressed. We had eaten there for brunch before, but never for dinner. The food was excellent, perfectly seasoned, and delicious! The restaurant looks so beautiful now, after their renovations. (It was already beautiful before, but now even more so) The new windows are floor to ceiling, overlooking the beach. Wonderful view! Great service! Friendly and helpful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very poor. Doorsimalawyer2Dined on 9/21/2013Service was very poor. Doors all open so you hear loud music and noise. A/c was useless since doors are open.Special Features:
- try this restauranto000VIPDined on 8/25/2013great find...outstanding food and service with an awsome view of the oceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for somethingPennyDined on 8/20/2013We were looking for something near the hotel and saw a Greek restaurant. We were very pleased with the wonderful food, and the service was very warm and friendly. Would gladly go back anytime I'm in Boca Raton.Special Features:
- holidaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013normally this has wonderful food, but they dropped the ball because it was mothers day. food was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DiningduoVIPDined on 5/4/2013Loved everything about this place from the minute we entered to the minute we left. Enjoyed sampling all the appetizers, loved the "dome bread" . Just wish the appetizer portions were more generous! Food was delicious and hot.Special Features:
- A meal to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/18/2013Chef Tulio made this a night to remember. The food was absolutely spectacular and prepared to perfection. We enjoyed the grass fed beef, ravioli with mushroom sauce, a special seasoned bread and a fantastic salad. Tulio is a warm and special man, who enjoys what he does and thrives on pleasing his customers. We enjoyed a wonderful breeze from the ocean and were entertained by the amazing musical act (Ghaleb and Pablo). This place is a 10! We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- We have dined here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2013We have dined here several times and we've always been satisfied. The quality of the food has gone down. The veal (if it was veal at all) was tough and practically inedible. They comped us a dessert - creme brulee - and that wasn't good either. Too bad because it is a beautiful spot but we won't go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. NextOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013Wonderful experience. Next time we are in Deerfield Beach we will most positively dine there again!!!Special Features:
- With five guests for dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013With five guests for dinner, and an automatic 20 per cent added on, my second try at this place,it will not make our rotation. They were not very busy for a saturday night, our wine bottle and drink glasses were empty most of the night. The food was cold and tasteless.while our waaitress was very personable, she could back it up with service.Special Features:
- Good food, spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/21/2013Service is spotty. Sometimes, staff walks around and does not acknowledge your arrival. But once they do notice and acknowledge, they are fine. Great food - delicious. Cappucinno was good the first day and terrible the next day. Not sure why. It's a good restaurant with good quality food but I believe they just need to get more organized.Special Features:
- This was our third time attricotsVIPDined on 2/2/2013This was our third time at this restaurant. It was a Saturday night, but fairly empty. It took 45 minutes, before I flagged down the manager, to complain that it does not take 45 minutes for a Pizza. He did apoligize and paid for our drinks. Stuff Happens, but this shows a lack of care on the part of the waitress. We will be back again, because the food is great and they are usually much better at serving their customers. There was no valet parking either. The band Rocked!Special Features:
- We were excited to try ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/6/2013We were excited to try Club Med due to the oceanfront location. We live in South Florida and are always looking for good restaurants on the beach. Unfortunately, Club Med was a big waste of money. We went to dinner on Sunday at 5pm. The restaurant was very slow...as was the service. There was mass confusion over who our waiter was and then when it was finally worked out, the service continued to be sluggish. Our food took forever to arrive. The Ceasar Salad was watered-down with dressing and the Eggplant Parm had a layer of cheese that was rubbery. We asked for the manager, sent it back, and even got a slight attitude from him. I rarely write these reviews, but I urge you to pass on Club Med based on this experience.Special Features:
- Read mixed reviews but friendscreativeaddictVIPDined on 12/28/2012Read mixed reviews but friends wanted to try this place. Eggplant appetizer is really a ton of cheese covering a slice or two of eggplant, which itself was tasteless. Requested salmon entree be cooked medium rare, but it arrived at table so rare it almost quivered. Finally, the bread -- you'd think perhaps usual airy crispy crust mediterranean style? -- think heavy, dense, flavorless. A great location next to the beach, with a friendly attentive staff, but a serious culinary disappointment.
- Ambience extraordinaire !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Outstanding in every way. Superb service and fantastic food. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed dinner. Location willBocasueVIPDined on 6/1/2012Enjoyed dinner. Location will be spectacular when the ocean construction is done. Service was great. Will try again.Special Features:
- Hope This Restaurant Makes It!SandibeachDined on 5/21/2012Great Foccacia bread served. Snapper entree didn't taste fresh, but the specially made roast potatoes were delicious. Sea Bass entree tasted better, but artichokes in sauce tasted canned. Pricey meals at $28 per for only one side in entree. Beautiful view and breezes from Deerfield Beach thru the open windows. Service was competent.Didn't try the bar.Special Features:
- This was our second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2012This was our second visit, the first one was much better. The food was fair, not as good as our first time. The waiter had too many tables, couldn't do a good job.Special Features:
- First time i went there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012First time i went there was sat the 12th. I went with my mom and family for mothers day!we really had a very good time.. food was very good..and service as well.I dont like to go out on mothers day but i went back the next day for Sundays brunch after my servers recomadation...It was..superb!!!A very nice buffet and a very nice music! Yesterday was my third time there in a week,and again it was an excellent experience.I really like this place.Special Features:
- Made a reservation throughfinikyVIPDined on 4/29/2012Made a reservation through Open Table. The restaurant confirmed. We had a coupon for lobster that they seemed confused about. It stated it came with 2 sides and yet the waiter said one, needless to say we had to ask for the manager. When we got home we found an email from the restaurant stating they had cancelled our reservation. Our reservation was for 6:30 and we arrived at 6:15. Have no idea what that was about ahd to notify Open Table so that we would not lose our points. They really need to get their act together!Special Features:
- Service was just ok. FoodRichardDined on 4/10/2012Service was just ok. Food was just so-so. Half of our party got their meal right but the rest were screwed up. The manager on deuty comped one meal and one appetizer as well as sending 4 desserts to the table in an effort to correct things. Kitchen and staff need to communicate better.Special Features:
- Arrived during wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012Arrived during wait staff shift change and this caused a great delay in getting someon to greet us initially. Food was good but over priced for what you got.Special Features:
- The food was average. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012The food was average. Service and ambiance excellantSpecial Features:
- The food was good, our serviceJacquiLDined on 4/7/2012The food was good, our service was excellent, I must say that, I can't remember our waiters name, it was a foreign type name but he was very attentive and caring. The place is way too noisy and not what I would call fine dining. Needs tablecloths for starters, may absorb some of the noise. Noise was most annoying.Special Features:
- NORRMALLY THIS WOULD BE AOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2012NORRMALLY THIS WOULD BE A BEAUTIFUL SPOT, HOWEVER, HEAVY CONSTRUCTION NEARBY MAKES IT NOISY AND TAKES AWAY WHAT WOULD ORDINARILY BE A LOVELY VIEW
- A slice of Italy in DeerfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012Cafe Med is the real deal. What a pleasant surprise to find such good italian dishes by the sea. It is very difficult to find so many good dishes under one roof.Special Features:
- second time there - food wasSunshineVIPDined on 3/16/2012second time there - food was wonderful. Closest taste to actually being in Tuscany!Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2012Our dining experience was excellent! I love the open air feel of the restaurant. The tri colore salad was too yummy! We loved the pesto dish and the veal scallopini. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features: