Cafe Med of Chicago
198 E Delaware
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Med of Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafemedchicago.com/
- Phone: 3122808882
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Everyday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Vince Zhanay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Med of Chicago
Cafe Med by Bice a family tradition!! Fresh Mediterranean and Italian fare made with over 80 years of love and experience. Cafe Med a make it a Tradition in your family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Med of Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice place to sit & watch the worldPangurBanVIPDined on 8/21/2012Nice food with good prices for e area. Well worth coming back.Special Features:
- OK food at moderate pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2012OK food at moderate prices in a very pricey neighborhood.
- Our server (an Hispanic gentlemanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2012Our server (an Hispanic gentleman whose name I do not remember) was exceptionally accommodating with a fun sense of humor.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic! AndOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2012The food was fantastic! And our bar tender created some wonderful cocktails for us when we weren't sure what we wanted. Overall, it was just a great experience.Special Features:
- Admittedly, I didn't haveMarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 7/16/2012Admittedly, I didn't have high hopes for a restaurant in a Hilton Suites hotel, but Cafe Med proved me wrong. The food at a recent dinner for 5 was excellent (great pizzas and pasta and perfect Kobe beef hamburgers), very reasonable prices, pleasant and efficient service, and a handsome if unpretentious setting. You can easily spend much more in this Michigan Avenue area, and get a lot less. A perfect place for an informal but excellent lunch or dinner.
- Nice find!!DougDined on 6/8/2012First time there-everything was very good. We were on our way to the theatre and they paced the meal accordingly. Friendly service-great pour on a martini!!Special Features:
- The food was nothing special,SeafoodEatfoodVIPDined on 6/2/2012The food was nothing special, but rather typical of a hotel restaurant. Service was really good and they were super friendly and always checked-in, but we felt bad saying the food wasn't good.
- Good neighborhood place toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/27/2012Good neighborhood place to go for a casual breakfast; especially pleasant sitting at their outdoor tables. We ordered a la carte but noted that they also have a Sunday brunch.
- One of our favorite neighborhoodGuillermoVIPDined on 5/26/2012One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants even though it is in a tourist area hotel. The wait staff is always excellent = friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The menu has a nice mixture of items with creative, but simple preparations and prices are modertate.Special Features:
- Good Italian food. AccomodatingHonestDinerVIPDined on 4/21/2012Good Italian food. Accomodating to large groups, even on weekends. Just one block off of Michigan Avenue leads to less foot traffic.
- Can't wait to return!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012This is a serious sleeper. Based upon the appearance, I wasn't keen on going as I had envisioned a more romantic setting for me and my partner during our staycation but boy was I surprised. YThis is a first rate, well priced venue. Creativbe dishes, executed perfectly with an attentive, caring staff. Don't miss this spot.Special Features:
- 1st visit-- nice wine list,wittyVIPDined on 3/17/20121st visit-- nice wine list, pizza was good- varied entree' plan to visit again soonSpecial Features:
- Our party had the salmon,EaterDined on 3/14/2012Our party had the salmon, pasta and braised short ribs among us, and each was excellent!Special Features:
- There really isn't anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2012There really isn't anything special abou Cafe Med but I also don't have anything bad to say. Went on a Sunday evening and there was hardly anyone there (connected to a Hotel, so I'm sure other times are much busier)...but that meant the service was also excellent: prompt, friendly, and frequent. Food was fresh and tasty although uninspiring. Definitely worth stopping in if you're in the neighborhood or have a coupon.Special Features:
- Quiet for a Saturday night.TomrnccpVIPDined on 2/18/2012Quiet for a Saturday night. There were a couple of families (adults with small groups of kids) in there that night. Maybe the proximity to American Girl store? Didn't distract from the meal at all. Good selection of food, reasonable priced and very good service. Not going to "wow" you but on the other hand it was a nice meal.Special Features:
- Great location, just one blockHonestDinerVIPDined on 1/6/2012Great location, just one block off of Michigan Ave. It was pretty empty, so service was attentive. However, we were never offered a dessert menu, just brought the bill. The beet salad was a bit salty. The Mac and cheese was pretty good.
- It was New Years Eve. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011It was New Years Eve. There are reasons why last minute reservations were available. We had 7pm reservations and were promptly seated. the Martinis were properly prepared and chilled. The bread and oil were delicious. We had 3 baskets of bread. We were hungry and tired after working on our feet for 8 hours. The food arrived very late. My New Years meal was nicely prepared and tasty. It was a shame I was so full after all the bread I could only eat one or two bites of my steak. My dog enjoyed her meal a lot! You took 50 percent off of our food for such a long wait. Thank you for that. Happy New Year!Special Features:
- pleasant setting with largeChibabyVIPDined on 12/10/2011pleasant setting with large windowed view of the street.Outdoor eating in good weather. Friendly waiter. Excellent Kobe burger-- best burger I've tasted anywhere -- but something missing--a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato. The children's menu could use some improvement....Nearby competition from similar priced restaurant offers drink and scoop of ice cream for kids at same price for the bowl of spaghetti with butter here...the parmesan that was asked for had an extra charge... this doesn't give much encouragement to bringing kids back here ...
- This restaurant came up onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2011This restaurant came up on a Mediterranean restaurant search. There was nothing Mediterranean about it and we concluded Med was for mediocre. We had a very nice waiter, but otherwise, there was little to recommend it. The other waiter was a loudmouth extravert who, because the restaurant was understandably almost empty, was audible throughout our meal. The food was average to less than average, except for delicious bread. A low end hotel restaurant. Our bad.
- good seafood, great view,TrojanVIPDined on 10/21/2011good seafood, great view, energetic, fun place with friendsSpecial Features:
- very authentic, with a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2011very authentic, with a few interesting twists such as bread service,with cream cheese instead of butter,served with olive oil. Actual Italian wood burning oven for pizza.Special Features:
- Perfect place to have a nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2011Perfect place to have a nice, but time-efficient dinner prior to going to the theater at Water Tower! Just a block away for a feeling of being close to the action, but apart from the crowd (what a difference being east of Michigan Ave, rather than west!).Special Features:
- There's nothing "Med" abouttadaDined on 10/8/2011There's nothing "Med" about this. I can't believe Bice would put their name on it. Clearly the offerings have been marginalized to allow this to be the in-house restaurant of the Hitlon Suites.Special Features:
- Th3e feel t the bar was energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2011Th3e feel t the bar was energetic the service was quick and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great Experience at Cafe MedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011The outdoor seating was wonderful. It's on Delaware buy Michigan Ave so there was a decent amount of traffic but I am used to that living in the city. It in no way drowned out the conversation or disturbed our meal. The artichoke bruschetta was wonderful and their bread with the option of olive oil or butter was SO delicious. My friend and I both got the short rib with the risotto and it was perfect. Not too salty and the beef was tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Food was good and even ifOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2011Food was good and even if it is tied to a hotel, it really doesn't feel like it as the restaurant merely shares a door. Otherwise, it's there on its own.Special Features:
- Excellent service, atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2011Excellent service, atmosphere, food and menu! Very impressed and satisfied on all fronts.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2011Menu has great ideas but the food was marginal. Servers were very nice but service was slow. Outdoor patio is really nice.Special Features:
- I was not impressed at all.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2011I was not impressed at all. The service was slow, the food was just ok, and the manager made me uneasy all night. He would fold his arms and glare across the room in my direction. It was also my birthday which i put on the reservation and it was never acknowledged. At the end of my meal i had to argue with the manager to get the correct discout on my wine and to beable to use my coupon that had no exclusions on it.
- Neighborhood spot for me ...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/15/2011Neighborhood spot for me ... its ok - but service could be a bit more attentive and well .. its summer why are the tomato's pale and tasteless?Special Features:
- disappointed....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2011The waiter only turned in 2 of 3 orders, gave the wrong orders to one of us. Two of us were finished with our meals by the time the third arrived. Had to ask for more beverages..... Ignored on a hot day. Had RESERVATIONS for 3 and they sat us at a table for two with an extra chair in the path of waiters. I was bumped more than once. NOT Bice quality !
- The food is ok, nothing bad,ChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 5/20/2011The food is ok, nothing bad, but fell short of expectations of descriptions. On a weekend nite, its not always easy to find a place in that area that has room for 7 people w/o reservations. The food was ok, reasonably priced, but this is not a destination restuarant.
- The food was uniformly terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2011The food was uniformly terrible. The fish I ordered emitted a fishy smell from across the restaurant. The two people in our party who ordered the pizzas found them dry and unappetizing. Everyone who ordered fish was very disappointed in the taste of the dishes. I would not recommend this restaurant and definitely would not return.
- What's brunch w/o eggs or waffles?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2011It was Easter brunch, but they were playing Sinatra music very loudly, which was very annoying. "Brunch" consisted of fried chicken, escalloped potatoes (undercooked), salty asparagus spears, two kinds of salad, bagels/danish, fruit, cheeses, smoked salmon and fixings. The carving board had lamb, beef, and ham. No omelette station or pancake/waffle station. Very weird. After we told them the potatoes weren't cooked, they brought out another tray of them, which still looked pretty raw. Eventually, when we .were almost done, they (almost 1:30pm) they brought out scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. They told us they were under new management and still working out all the kinks. They are hoping to redecorate, but I hope they get a c
- Ordinary for Out of TownersBelleeDined on 4/24/2011Nothing special about this place, other than convenient location, that would draw you back. Service on a Sunday morning was poor and seemed disorganized especially in light of the fact that the restaurant was only about 30% full and appeared to have an adequate amount of wait staff.
- Right next to the Water TowerThePunditVIPDined on 4/17/2011Right next to the Water Tower in a Hilton, a great find for breakfast. Buffet or a la carte for a surprisingly reasonable cost. Light, airy and modern surroundings to start the day off on the right foot.Special Features:
- The food was good for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2011The food was good for lunch. Things were a bit delayed because we arrived right at noon which is when they switch from brunch to lunch. I was annoyed that the entire time we were there someone was vacuuming. Seems that vacuuming should be done in the evening when customers are not present.Special Features:
- The clientele was a bit differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2011The clientele was a bit different than I thought it would be, primarily older folks (except for my dining partner and me). The food was good, I had the lobster bisque followed by the bone-in ribeye while my friend had the bronzini. All of it was tasty but nothing that jumped off the plate at us and said "remember how awesome I was!" So while a fine experience, nothing to write home about.
- Good and worth a trySuescircleDined on 2/12/2011Food was very good - pasta and ribeye. Service was very friendly but not expert. Not crowded on a Saturday night. Nice room and ambience.Special Features:
- Food was good and everythingraybretDined on 2/12/2011Food was good and everything was fine until we left our cell phone on the table. Were two blocks away-reached in purse to make a call -couldnt find it. I realized I had prob. left it on the table. We called it - (within 10 minutes of leaving)- and it was already turned off! NOT A GOOD SIGN! So we hurried back, talked to waiter, busboys, manager- they said they didn't see it. We didnt really believe it, but they seemed honest-( the only other choice was if I had dropped it on the street?) but someone in our group would have prob. seen it because I was in the lead. Anyway- after calling it all nite- it starts mysteriously ringing again-no answer of course-then checked online and many calls were made to Mexico! Very shady indeed!Special Features: