Cafe Matt & Meera
618 Washington St
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Matt & Meera
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mattandmeera.com/
- Phone: 2016839431
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Karma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Catering: Your place or ours, we offer a several packages: • Holiday Parties • Office Parties • Birthday Parties • Family Events • Tailgate Parties To plan your menu, place an order or for more information, call 201.683.9431 and ask for Vanita.
A word from Cafe Matt & Meera
Welcome to a place where you can have a quick lunch, get together with friends, reconnect with family, or relax over a leisurely Brunch. BYOB's - Feel free to bring your favorite beer or wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Matt & Meera reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Very good food, ok servicemonshahDined on 6/15/2014The food at this place is really nice and well thought-out. The naan-chos, guac sev puri, quinoa tikka masala, and paneer naan pizza were delicious. The only item that was lacking in flavor was the masala potato kati roll. The outdoor seating was a nice option. The service could have been better but it was not terrible.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Cafe Matt & Meera reviews archive.
- A find in Hoboken!lookingforspecialmealsVIPDined on 5/10/2014Not your run-of-the-mill Indian restaurant! We had the vegetable kati roll, tandoori cornish hen (nice and moist) and tandoori halibut. A pleasant and casual environment with great food and wonderful service. BYO.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Nice serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentines day and it was very nice. The naan-chos are very tasty and I'd recommend starting with them. We got some lamb samosas which were very good as well. The lamb burger was great as was the chicken kebabs. Overall, the food was great. The expresso-brule was extremely good too! BYOB makes it even more affordable as well. I'll definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonprofessional and unacceptableanujayDined on 2/14/2014This is the first time it has happened that I booked a restaurant through open table and inspite of a confirmed reservation, it was canceled by the restaurant at the last moment.
- Great Food But Slow ServiceCRBokenDined on 1/31/2014Went to Matt & Meera's on a Friday night with a group of 4. Food was excellent! But would warn that many of the dishes are pretty spicy, luckily for me I LOVE spicy, but was too spicy for a few in the group. Service however was extremely slow. The servers were polite but we had multiple servers throughout the night. We had to wait a long time in btw courses. It started when the server realized that 2 of the apps he started to bring out were wrong , which then delayed the rest of the meal. Also when our dessert came out, they only brought 3 instead of 4, telling us that we only ordered 3. However, after consulting with our 1st waiter, they figured out that they were out of the dessert that my husband had ordered but had not informed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty modern Indian cuisineBossHoggVIPDined on 12/31/2013The lamb shank vinadloo and duck breast were excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightcariemjDined on 9/13/2013Matt & Meera is one of my favorite Hoboken restaurants. It's BYOB, has amazing food, and great service. I have never eaten one of their dinner plates because all of their small plates are so good, we end up just ordering 3-4 of those! The Naan-chos are my favorite!! Great outdoor seating, indoor seating is very tight, but intimate.Special Features:
- Great experience!JessDined on 8/31/2013Food was wonderful & the BYOB option is awesome! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2013We had the Indian nachos. this was interesting mix of melted cheese, crispy indian bread and indian condiments. We then had the Crispy shrimp salad-yum. For entrees we had the fennel lamb and the one of the chicken dishes. Both were excellent. This is a great BYOB. Indian food flavor without a crazy amount of spices. we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot in the heart of Hoboken!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2013Fun spot in the heart of Hoboken! Great vegetarian options Too. Great weeknight or lunch spot. Reasonably priced and good Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful spot in Hoboken!BraggHouseVIPDined on 7/5/2013Why did it take us so long to try this place? Great Indian food, especially the Kati Roll and Dosa. A nice change from Karma with so many different items, and BYOB. Can't wait to return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian cooking. The lambHermanVIPDined on 6/1/2013Good Indian cooking. The lamb chops with fennel were just right for me (I don't care much for a lot of spices) and my partner's chicken with more spices pleased him a lot. Definitely a good addition to the otherwise rather bleak Hoboken dining options.Special Features:
- Just a place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Great concept mixing Indian food and cafes. That's about it.I would recommend this to a friend.