3343 E. Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemartorano.com/
- Phone: 954-561-2554x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pytel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties larger than 12, please contact the restaurant directly either by phone at 954-561-2554 or email at brian@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Cafe Martorano 954-561-2554x
- Entertainment: Live DJ Friday and Saturday nights after 9:30 PM. Come watch the game or enjoy a classic movie on one of our 11 HD TV's.
- Special Events:
A word from Cafe Martorano
Cafe Martorano combines exceptional food, music and movie entertainment to create the most unique and unforgettable dining experience. Get a taste of our original Italian-American dishes such as made to order Warm Mozzarella or the Famous Homemade Meatball which Gourmet Magazine voted "Best in the World." We are celebrating our 20 year anniversary with a full premium liquor bar and invite you to come and enjoy our Fresh Hand Crafted Cocktails. Whether it's date night, a business gathering or if you consider yourself a food connoisseur, join us Sunday through Thursday for a comfortable relaxing restaurant atmosphere. If an upbeat vibe is more your thing, come Friday and Saturday nights after 10pm and have our live DJ take you on an audio and visual ride spinning everything from Hip-Hop to Disco accompanied by scenes from classic movies(not always suitable for children). Dancing is strongly encouraged. Check us out at CafeMartorano.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cafe Martorano - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Martorano reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (57)special occasion (53)vibrant bar scene (53)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (30)good for groups (29)late-night find (22)romantic (17)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Must Have Restaurant to go tosflbeachdude64Dined on 9/28/2014the food here is simply DELISH!!! Ive been to the Hollywood & Atlantic City locations as well. always good. always a great vibe & now its 1 of my favs!!!Special Features:
- Eggplant Stack was beyond goodHalfItalianHalfsraeliDined on 9/26/2014We drove from Miami on Friday night about 40min and it was totally worth it. The service was impeccable. Don't go with kiddos as it's very very loud and turns into a nightclub around 9. The music was fun and we made the best of it. Very generous portions. I cannot wait to try Martoranos in AC without the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014It was my first visit but not my last :) See you on my next visit to FloridaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014It was good, but not as good as it has been in the past. I still enjoyed it, but the portions and amount of meat seemed smaller this time. That said, I'd still go back. Maybe just a semi off night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. bad service and too loudMsdiva01Dined on 9/20/2014Waited almost 2 hours and waiter asst. Was rude(overly tan man). The 2 host were in their phones the whole night. Will try the one at Hard Rock nextSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wired 220coloradosteveDined on 9/20/2014Beautifully prepared "Italian Red" and then 9PM hits and the place explodes with music and energy. This is a unique blend if NY's Little Italy and South Florida's Club Scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJerrydDined on 9/17/2014Piece of fish was 48. Was a dinner special and didn't ask price my faultSpecial Features:
- new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/12/2014They re did the menu and got rid of a LOT of good things that were on it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yo Cuz!!JudyPVIPDined on 9/10/2014After living in So. FL for 20 yrs. I finally got a chance to eat here! It was well worth the wait! The famous meatballs were the best! Fresh mozz & prosciutto was top notch! We had 3 different entrees and each one was superb!! Two pasta dishes were cooked to perfection and the fish special was one of the best I've ever had. A wonderful experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe Martorano Oakland ParkDLFUHGEDDABOUDITDined on 9/9/2014CAFFE MARTORANO OAKLAND PARK FOOD AND RECIPES AND THE ENTIRE DINING EXPERIENCE IS LIKE A TRIP BACK IN TIME FOR ITALIAN AMERICANS . THE FLAVOR PROFILE, TASTE, AND PRESENTATIONS BRING BACK THE BEST AND HAPPIEST FAMILY & CHILDHOOD MEMORIES FROM DINNERS & CELEBRATIONS IN THE KITCHEN ON THE 2 ND FLOOR OF GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE AND ALSO BIG FAMILY HOLIDAY MEALS IN THE CELLAR !! THIS IS THE BEST MOST AMAZING ITALIAN AMERICAN FOOD IN AMERICA !! DINE EARLY IF YOU DON'T LOVE FRANK SINATRA, DEAN MARTIN, AND SUPER KOOL 70's & 60's R&B, SOUL ,and 70's DISCO A LITTLE LOUD & SWINGIN AFTER 9 PM !! TREMENDOUS WINE LIST & SERVICE !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTerrificVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was our first visit to the Ft Lauderdale Martorano's but we had been to the newly opened AC NJ spot just a few weeks before. Both were terrific. The calimari at both outstanding. The eggplant stack which we had at this location, was equally amazing. My wife got a macaroni dish while I got one of the specials which was locally caught seafood. Both were just terrific. Angel was our server here and he made our night. But the magic is on the plates and it shows. Location is within a strip mall but once inside, even though it is a somewhat small space, it makes up for it in the decor and layout. Well done. The TVs playing mob movies, and the Sinatra heavy music adds to the charm. Can't wait to see and go to the new Vegas Martorano's. YoCuz.Special Features:
- First timeJimmyVIPDined on 9/6/2014First time at cafe martorano, the chef Steve was there playing great music. The food was amazing, we waited a little for our table but steve sent out some pasta while we waited as they were very very busy. I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014I have been to Cafe Martorano several times. The food is out of this world, and the atmosphere is like no other. I love the fact that there is an open kitchen. We were there with a group last Saturday 9/6 and 4 of the people had never been to the restaurant before. Everyone loved it and our waiter Scott was awesome!!!! Can't wait to come back to Cafe MartoranoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodItalianfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Food was fantastic, way too loud! Had to scream across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Place To EatGoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was the first time i had been here we came down from NYC and the food was great. they were a little slow in sitting us down but what can you do. The meatball salad was very good as well as all the other food we had. they show movies and when the good parts come on they turn off the music and let the movie play nice touch. The price of everything was not bad if you have a chance try it.Special Features:
- amazing time and time againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Hands down best Italian food you will eat in the states. Creative, flavorful and top notch ingredients. I always have a great time and great meal while dining at Martoranos. yo cuzSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experiencemickDined on 8/15/2014We had great food and a great time, a little loud starting around 9:30.Special Features:
- ReviewPuff2415Dined on 8/11/2014Every time I eat there I can not stop raving of how good the food and service was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timefoodieDined on 8/10/2014Been going for years and always request Angel as our server. But this recent Monday we had a much younger server as Angel was off, he was great with excellent recommendations and very friendly just like Angel. Great to see the food and service always top shelf at Cafe Martorano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scalesDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great time, great ambiance. Took my son and wife there to celebrate my son's starting dental school.Special Features:
- poor serviceDMACKDined on 8/8/2014Great food.wanted Scott,got Tommy, poor service.Not what we are used to. Came from Houston, not pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okFTLresidentDined on 8/8/2014The Service was pretty good (we did have to ask for bread and waited for the check for a bit). As far as food goes, my husband ordered the snapper and it was delicious however the veggies were over cooked. I ordered the linguini w/ clams had a great light taste but was too salty - my feet and hands were swollen by the end of that night. The dessert we ordered was the brownie with the ice-cream and berries, was ok nothing special. Spent about $160 for dinner, not sure we'd go back given the other Italian options available in the area.Special Features:
- This Food is just awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014Again, a great dinner. Don't know how he does it, but the food is so fresh and the best ........ 5 star. Better than Torrisi NYC. Same for the Service. Thanks.Special Features:
- Cafe MortoranoGableDined on 8/4/2014Being from South Philadelphia, I had to try out Café Martorano - I was not disappointed! One of the best meals I had. The Mozzarella and the Calamari was the best ever. However be ready for an interesting atmosphere with TV's playing movies on several screens - while this was certainly different, it was a bit distracting as well espcecially with the movie they were showing - Carlito's Way! Not sure I like watching people getting killed when I ate!! Also, not great for young kids, as one of scenes from another movie was sexual in nature. I would go back if I'm in town again if for nothing else but the food itself.Special Features:
- Impeccable in so many waysStefSRDined on 8/2/2014When traveling I always chose a memorable restaurant and Cafe Martorano's fit the bill. I went there with my two girlfriends for my 25th birthday :) From hostess to the bartenders, from servers to back servers, from chefs to the food, from ambience to service everything was impeccable and I had the night of my life. Our waiter was a young gentleman from South Philly, who knew his product and had great recommendations. A great asset to your team. We all enjoyed ourselves and danced the night away. And it is true, I rather have one memorable meal than many mediocre ones. I will be back and highly highly recommend this remarkable restaurant. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Martorano before. The food is always great They honored our reservation and sat us within 5 minutes of our reservation The meatball is THE BEST The linguine and clams are great. I'd have both the above again and choose different main courses each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in South FloridaJimmyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Go early for a quiet dinner or later for the movies and music, i dont know which i enjoy more but the food is always great and the staff is always helpful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteSeafoodloverDined on 7/31/2014This is my very favorite restaurant every. I drive from Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale just to eat there. The food is fantastic and so are the selections. It is on the pricey side but then you get what you pay for. Lovers of great food this is where to eat. Pastina not on the menu always but worth a request the best.Special Features:
- Five-Stars!JasonDined on 7/26/2014I've been going to Cafe Martorano for two years now. Between the delicious food and impeccable service, I cannot say enough good things about this place. Being that I am from New York, I am beyond ecstatic that Steve has opened another Cafe Martorano in Atlantic City. Steve is a phenomenal guy and truly does make the best Italian food. To anyone who has never been to Cafe Martorano: disregard the poor reviews that mention the prices or noise level being an issue. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for - and Cafe Martorano is worth every penny. In regards to the noise level, sure it may be a bit loud at times, but it only adds to the ambiance and is one of the many reasons that Cafe Martorano is my favorite restaurant in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, long waitRoxanneMDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing as usual, however we had a 50 minute wait with a reservation. This was very disappointing to me as I had friends in from out of town and made the reservation just for this very purpose. The host informed us the wait would be about 20 minutes but that got exceeded tremendously. We had a glass of wine at the full bar and ended up standing outside as we felt like we were crowding people who decided to eat at the bar because of the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service, very loudFastEddieDined on 7/25/2014Food is excellent but is expensive ala carte pasta pricing,about $60 pp without alcohol. Menus are notebook tablets with photos; clever. Had to constantly ask for water glasses to be refilled. One of our guests asked for club soda and was brought a large bottle of Pelligrino. Booths are small and do not permit much room to walk down the aisle behind the aisle chairs. We knew it was time to go when a party of 8 was seated at adjoining tables while other tables were available. Bus/server must have been new, as when he served myself and person seated next to me, he reached across me to serve. He did the same with our guests. My Cousin Vinnie was on the tv monitors and oldies for music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyMickeyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Café Martorano's is always a favorite and definitely worth the long drive from Coral Gables. There is no better Italian food in South Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter/our foodweknowgoodfoodDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter was EXCELLENT! Great recommendations for food. We grew up on homemade Italian food in Connecticut and your sauce (as you call it gravy from philly) was a smidge better than my 90 yr old Italian monther-in-law. But keep that part a secret!Special Features:
- Not Worth The TripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We went there because of a review. Now here,s mine First had to wait 15 min. for table because they had run out of there i-pad menu's not empty tables. noise level high can't hold a conversation unique is the menu you see all the food that you may order. from appetizers to main course. But it took them over an hour and twenty min. to get us our main course after the app. and it was not that busy also you should ask how much the specials are they don't tell you I had a veal chop $74.00 WOW and I thought the NY Plazer was expenciveSpecial Features:
- Food is Excellent! Noise is loud!ShawnDined on 7/16/2014The food is fabulous!!! Service is perfect! It's close and a bit noisey but well worth dealing to taste the food!!! Favorite for our whole Family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - But Very ExpensiveKCLuvaDined on 7/15/2014The food is phenomenal without a doubt. Loved everything I ever ate there. However, the wine list is ridiculously expensive and you are not getting out of there without spending at least $250 for 2.Special Features:
- ShawnShawnDined on 7/15/2014We have been here before and took our oldest son and his wife for the first time and as always it was outstanding! The food is the best italian food I have ever had. Our son liked it so much we went back two nights in a row. It is on the top of list of things to do when we come to Fort LauderdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Martoranofood4usDined on 7/15/2014Food, wine and service was excellent, as it always has been at Cafe Martorano. Cannot believe it has been so long since we returned to dine. We shall return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We've been customers of Cafe Martorano's for 19 years! We visit Fort Lauderdale 2 times a year and make a point of eating here at least 3 times during our stay. Steve has seen our children literally grow up and they can't wait to eat here as much as we do! Love Angel, he completes our dining experience .. No one better then him!! 💚 SI familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic ItalianChrisLibDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I have celebrated many birthdays and anniversary's at Martorano's. As always the food is amazing. The service is consistent and top notch. It's also our favorite place to take out of town guests to dinner.Special Features: