3815 N. Brookfield Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafemanna.com/
- Phone: 2627902340
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: William Phelps
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cafe Manna
Cafe Manna is one of the first 100% vegetarian restaurants in Southeastern Wisconsin. We are committed to bringing you fresh, "made from scratch" delicious food. Our ingredients are grown either organically or using sustainable farming practices whenever possible. We are also a part of the Braise RSA (Restaurant Supported Agriculture) program using locally grown foods as seasons permit. Our food is fresh, yummy, and full of global flavors. We are also proud to be the only full service three star certified green restaurant in the Midwest as certified by the Green Restaurant Association. Our environment is warm, natural, and eco-friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cafe Manna - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Cafe Manna reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (16)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Overall wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Just discovered cafe manna & will definitely be going back! I had the raw tacos & my bf had the tu-no sandwich, both were excellent. We were also really happy with our drink choices, I had the limonade & he had alkonized water. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerpainfreeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a quick dinner at Cafe Manna. The Tortilla soup was outstanding. The Spanitikopia was also notable. The savory sandwich was too generously lathered with the goat cheese-feta spread and overwhelmed the sandwich. The sandwich itself was served rather cold, a bad thing for a toasted bread sandwich. The sag paneer was quite disappointing . The flavors were bland and there was no heat. The brown rice, upon which it was served, was dried out and crunchy. All said, it was far from our best trip to Cafe Manna. Nonetheless, it remains the premier vegetarian dining spot in the Milwaukee metro area.Special Features:
- Yum.alcokaVIPDined on 9/10/2014While not a vegetarian, I do enjoy dining at Cafe Manna. They have such a wide selection of such great food. This past week I had the special for lunch...a "Rawvioli" dish.....the "pasta" was made out of a thin sliced jicama, filled with a seasoned nut butter...topped with a tomato paste. So good. One of my favorite drinks there is the Limonade--so tasty and healthy. Just wish it wasn't $4 a glass. I could easily drink 2-3 of them!!!Special Features:
- No beef with this placemedeng1Dined on 9/6/2014The place to go for delicious vegetarian food. Many creative and delicious faux meat dishes - could barely decide. Only criticism was because of our table location. The outdoor seating area has a vent near it that makes a whooshing sound that was not pleasant. It combined with the music to sound like a radio station not all the way tuned in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!eatgoodfoodDined on 8/27/2014A friend and I had dinner and we sat outside on the patio. Our waiter, Justin, was very knowledgeable, attentive and fun. We both had the black bean burgers which came with roasted sweet potatoes. The burger was quite generous, tasty and filling! For dessert my friend had the sorbet and I had chocolate truffles that were made with avocado and they were out of this world! This is a great place if you are vegan, vegetarian or just looking for interesting, unique, deliciously good food. I just wish it was closer to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go VeggienoahbDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance is modern, the selections should satisfy any discriminating tastes, and incorporates choices for those willing to try something a little different. The staff is friendly and will help with any questions or concerns. The meal is easily paced, staff attentive, a nice change for those tired of fast or fried foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We had a quick meal before a concert. It was early evening, so not too crowded. We had the pizza (Wonderful!) and the stir fry with tempeh (my picky husband really enjoyed it.). Our server was friendly and efficient. We were sorry we didn't have time to have a leisurely meal, and will return soon to sample more of the delicious food.Special Features:
- Always great healthy selectionsDebTVIPDined on 8/12/2014I have never had anything I didn't like here. The food is tasty, healthy and beautifully presented. The desserts are great... If you have room.Special Features:
- IndustryDivaDined on 8/5/2014For a vegan and vegetarian menu, there was a lot to choose from! Lots of organic gems and fresh juices on the list. Price wasn't too high in relation to portion size and quality of food. I had the grilled watermelon and feta caprese and the grilled veggie quesadilla to eat, paired with their limonade, a green juice blend, probably the hilight of my meal. The caprese was good- too much feta and not enough balsamic for me though. The quesadilla was very straightforward, but filling and the creamy avocado sauce and fresh pico added lots of flavor. My server kind of made me feel like she was babysitting me with the way she would answer my questions about the menu, but she was nice and knowledgable. I would go back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentlakecountrydinerDined on 7/30/2014As always, we had a great experience at Cafe Manna. Service staff were friendly and efficient and food was excellent. Great specials.Special Features:
- Veggie Favoriteekg123Dined on 7/24/2014I have been to Café Manna several times and I always leave happy. The food is fantastic and everyone is always pleasant. Good food for herbivores AND omnivores.Special Features:
- jamesDined on 7/18/2014Great food.... service, ambiance and noise level all could be a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to get excited aboutFindingNemoDined on 7/16/2014Very organic health foods with not much flavor and bland tasting. If you're into that sort of thing you will probably like this. I did not like the entree I had but was my first time there and maybe just chose the wrong item -a sand which that was just a mushroom with some fetus cheese, lettuce, and tomato. I believe in eating healthy 99 percent of the time which I try to do at home but for me, when dinning out, I want to indulge in the "goodies". could not find anything on the menu to get excited about. Thought this was a waste of money.Special Features:
- Cafe Manna is a treat!CherylDined on 7/15/2014Cafe Manna is a treat. All foodies will be happy with this one. Don't miss the Nachos! They are terrific. Even gluten - sensitive folks will find plenty on this menu to love! I always head to Cafe Manna when we have out of town guests and have never been disappointed with the service and the food.Special Features:
- worth tryinghutpitVIPDined on 7/14/2014There is some really creative and good food here. This place is on our short list of places to bring guests, celebrate an event, or just eating out.Special Features:
- Visit2MilwaukeeVIPDined on 6/26/2014We were visiting from California and found this gem! The food was inventive, tasty, good variety, and HEALTHY, farm fresh vegetarian, glutten free options. So good we returned the next night, something we never do. Staff was super friendlySpecial Features:
- Transition made easyFreedomMunchVIPDined on 6/24/2014I'm not vegetarian but I am in the process of eating more of a vegetarian diet. This place had many choices from to choose and they were all bursting with flavor! My server helped me make a selection and what she chose was so good and filling I couldn't believe it. They are also relatively fast. I've been to places like this befire and it usually takes a very long time to get food. You can't go wrong here. I had the lettus wraps she recommended the lentil soup which was awsome, mushroom burger, this wonderful limonade yes with limes, kale, chard and finally house made carrot cake. Having places like this makes the transition easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed. Love the food.DebTVIPDined on 6/24/2014Never disappointed. Love the food. I like that the menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:
- LOve Cafe MannaHJP1VIPDined on 6/21/2014I'm vegan, so Cafe Manna is one of the only restaurants that I can go to in the area where I KNOW I'm going to find something to eat! I've eaten there many times, and I have always loved everything that I've ordered! What's great though is that I've taken lots of non-veg people there with me, and they always love their food too!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentSusieDined on 6/17/2014I've dined here half a dozen times, always trying something new, and have never been disappointed. Great, imaginative food in a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Cafe Mannafood4everDined on 6/13/2014I have found my next most favorite restaurant. The food was amazing, the wine delicious, and though I am a non-vegetarian currently, I may be changing my ways. I cannot say enough good things about the restaurant from the decor to the outdoor seating. The wait team was so friendly and down-to-earth.Brookfield is not at the top of my list when I think of new and exciting bistro-type restaurants, but I have been proven wrong. I cannot wait to come back and try something else.Special Features:
- foodismedicineDined on 6/3/2014very disappointed in the taste and quality of our food. I have been a regular for years. The last two times I have eaten here in the last two weeks, the food was almost unedible - the pad thai was lime heavy, really sour. The potato pizza was pasty and somewhat tasteless. I have eaten this at Cafe Manna before and it was incredible. I'm really disappointed as this was my go to restaurant for clean, local and healthy food
- The following 253 reviews are from the Cafe Manna reviews archive.
- DietitianhmDined on 5/20/2014It's always been our first choice for vegetarian dining.Special Features:
- Creative and HealthyWIdinerDined on 5/19/2014This is vegetarian fine dining! There is always something different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!TimJDined on 5/17/2014This place is perfect for diners with specific food needs: veggies/gluten issues ect.Special Features:
- Nice evening outironmomDined on 5/17/2014Nice selection of food and prices were what I expected. The service was kind of 'weird' sort of a forced politeness. Waitress asked me 3 times what I wanted and still brought me the wrong meal, BUT they had actually prepared both what I ordered and what she thought I had ordered. Not sure who misunderstood whom-just weird. She said thank you so much that it made me feel uncomfortable-almost like am I acting in such a way that she feels the need to apologize I would describe the noise level as loud-my 70 year old parents couldn't hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2014As they have always said, yummy food. It had been some time since our last visit and the menu now has many more items that not only taste great but have "work of art" presentation.Special Features:
- Excellent!LoveKaleDined on 5/15/2014As a vegetarian, this place is my favorite restaurant. Being able to pick anything off a menu is something I am not able to do at every restaurant. The food, employees and atmosphere is always positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great veggie food!JenniferVIPDined on 5/12/2014Love the interesting veg options! Food is great. Love that the avocado truffles are on the menu all the time now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is awesome!! The flavorful foods are complemented with very pleasing wines. You don't have to be a vegan to enjoy mouth watering flavors. But you can be! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always new and interestinghutpitVIPDined on 4/17/2014This is the favorite place my Wife and I go to for eating out in Brookfield.Special Features:
- Healthfully Happy!JessicaKDined on 4/5/2014Sometimes I get worried that Wisconsinites might think that eating vegetarian or vegan means bland and boring food. As a frequent traveler, I've had an opportunity to explore many healthful creations, but have had a difficult time finding things in Wisconsin. I'm happy to report that slowly, but surely, this vibrant food genre is starting to make it's way to the midwest, and Cafe Manna is a delicious example. All you need to do is go to their website and start drooling over the beautiful food photography. My only caveat is that it is located pretty far outside of MIlwaukee for me, and not necessarily near a major freeway, meaning that my visits must be relegated to special occasions. Hoping they open another location in Milwaukee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review ALee5Dined on 4/4/2014Excellent service and food. Waitress very knowledgable and attentive. Very tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time and will go backz726bethVIPDined on 4/1/2014Love Cafe Manna. Second time there and we plan to go back regularly - both of us were kicking ourselves for not returning sooner. Great menu with lots of options from hardcore vegan to things that are approachable for non-vegetarians.
- LOVE Manna!!!!anntoDined on 4/1/2014Fit for Foodies and Vegans and everyone in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great setting for our smallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014A great setting for our small group of ladies who are health conscientious but still want to have a good time Our server was extremely attentive and friendly I had the peace bowl and it was ok - it seemed something was Missing with all of the fabulous reviews I had heard Previously about it. The spring rolls were great as well as the Pizza one gal ordered and the risotto special. Carrot cake and the Mini bites were great for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014I definitely appreciate what Cafe Manna is trying to do with vegan/vegetarian food. The flavor of all the food we ordered was really good. The food was fresh, however I couldn't get past some of the textures - for example tofu (gross) and the desserts were not what I expected. The raw cheesecake was very grainy, but I later found out it was made with nuts. The triple chocolate cake was very dry and crumbly with a whole wheat flavor and not very chocolatey. The hummus and chips we got for free at the beginning of the meal were outstanding. Finally, the waitress was amazing. Great personality, totally unpretentious. I just realized after eating there that I like meat and real cheese and eggs and milk and butter.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Manna Rocks!CherylDined on 3/11/2014Great food, excellent service. Huge selection of healthy, tasty food. Will need many visits to try everything! Too noisy for conversation during the busy time , but off hours it is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodieDined on 3/1/2014Loved teh open table reservation. Restaurant was ready with the table when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent optionTortugitaDined on 2/28/2014Great choice for vegetarians and non vegetarians who are open to delicious vegetarian mealsI would recommend this to a friend.