4700 Old Gettysburg Rd
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafe-magnolia.com/
- Phone: 7179019700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jessica Demopoulos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Cafe Magnolia
Cafe Magnolia offers a casual, intimate, but contemporary dining experience. Stringent standards of excellence in service, food presentation, and quality ingredients, married with delicious innovative and traditional cuisine concepts, complete the dining experience. This winning combination earned the attention from readers of the Patriot News when they voted Cafe Magnolia "Best New Restaurant" in 2003. Awards have also been received from Central PA Magazine, Harrisburg Magazine, and The Carlise Sentinel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Cafe Magnolia - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
Cafe Magnolia reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Confirmation lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We took a group here for my daughter's confirmation lunch and we all LOVED it! Only a couple of us had been there before and everyone loved their food, the service and the overall experience. My family is already asking when we can go there again. When you look at the menu, it doesn't look that different from other menus, but the taste is unbelievable!! They had large portions too. Our entire experience was wonderful!!Special Features:
- Great, except one dishGardenerDined on 10/17/2014Mozzerella alla caprese, great. Black bean soup, great. Key West Scallops, great. Sadly, the brisket my husband ordered was a major fail--a too-sweet too-thick sauce and the meat was mostly fat. He couldn't eat it. Our server was great, took it back, offered to bring something else, but he didn't feel like eating after that; it put him off that much. They took it off the bill, but of course we tipped on what the total would have been with that dish on there (not the server's fault). When we are back in the area, we might give Cafe Magnolia another try. But not the brisket.
- Very QuaintexcellentVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was a great find. We wished we knew it was BYOB. The food was excellent and the service by our waitress Summer was great. It also has an outside deck which is well lit and beautiful for outside dining. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious Seafood SelectionsSeadove27Dined on 10/10/2014Room configuration gave us a chance to chat and reconnect after a busy week. The rehearsal dinner in the main dining room added a festive, happy feel. Lots of tempting menu choices and specials - but seafood won out for us. Hubby had his usual Seafood Jambalaya and I had Key West Scallops which were melt - in -your - mouth yummy. Accompanying risotto was so-so. Cafe Magnolia is definitely on our favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacetpetchyDined on 10/2/2014We were driving on highway US15 and decided it was time to eat. I fired up my OpenTable mobile app and selected the closest place... Cafe Magnolia. We were pleasantly surprised to find it was a converted house. The service was fast and courteous. The only problem I had was a pet peeve of mine. I believe when the chef uses shrimp in a dish that is covered in sauce the tails should be removed. My Seafood Jambalaya, while tasty, was smother in tomato sauce. This made it very messy to remove the tails. The restaurant is a BYOB facility however, that didn't bother us because we were continuing on with our drive.Special Features:
- ziggyDined on 9/6/2014We arrived at the restaurant and waited 5 minutes to be seated. We were seated in a back room where there were no other customers and the waitress was unaware we had been seated. We had to wait another 10 minutes until we were noticed. The food was good and the waitress was very apologetic for our wait. Their menu has changed and we really liked the choices on the new menu.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesSandyWDined on 8/25/2014We love the casual atmosphere paired with the delicious food and excellent service. It being a BYOB makes it even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awefull.HbgdinerDined on 8/21/2014We got everything from spa to salads to meals. Apps were edible. Salads were slimy and wilted. Not fresh. Meals were either burnt or sloppy.Special Features:
- Cafe Magnolias RevisitedFoodieX2VIPDined on 8/21/2014We had not been to Magnolias for a while. Going this time we were quite pleased with the menu selection, large variety of choices. The food was well prepared with reasonable portions and good prices. After a slow start, the service was very good. Will return before too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular area lunch & dinner magnetpikydynrDined on 8/19/2014As usual, the staff was pleasant and knowledgable, the atmosphere inviting, and the food artfully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulywevDined on 8/18/2014Great service. Love to eat here. We had a wonderful dinner with our daughter and soon tobe sin in law. Would highly recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSteveLDined on 8/16/2014Like usual, had another great dining experience. Great selections and great service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We love the food and the friendly and pleasant staff. Enjoy the "specials" for variety, but the standard menu items are always delicious too! With this being a BYOB, it makes having a Great Meal, affordable. We think about trying someplace else, but keep coming back! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMarkDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I each had very good meals. A lot to choose from the menu. The chicken gumbo soup was great. The tiramisu was a little disappointing because it was just all mousse and mascarpone - no lady fingers. Service was good.Special Features:
- Food was good, but. . . .CbusFoodieDined on 7/26/2014A pleasant restaurant located in a renovated house in a quiet area. Food dishes were very good, especially seafood. Unfortunately, the fact that the restaurant has no liquor license was a disappointment. . . not stated on site or confirmation e-mail. So if you like a good glass of wine, be forewarned (or bring your own!). Overall good service, but server seemed to "disappear" just as we were waiting to pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerNYVan66Dined on 7/25/2014Never knew it was BYOB. But the service was good the food was good and given it was a blind choice...no complaints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MFD3801Dined on 7/22/2014We always had a great time dining at Café Magnolia. The service and food were great and we would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Thank you for accommodating our large group. It has such a great atmosphere and all staff members were extremely helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TOP CENTRAL PA RESTAURANTDELLDined on 7/19/2014I have been to Cafe Magnolia many times over the past several years, mostly for special occasions, and it is an excellent restaurant. Great food, extensive menus plus specials, friendly and efficient hosts and servers, and good ambience. Not perfect but pretty darn good in comparison to all the other restaurants in the Harrisburg and surrounding areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodparmallDined on 7/5/2014We were a group of four. Our wives ordered the special recommended by our waitress They both sent it back as inedible. The other two dinners were very mediocre. They did offer free deserts and coffee. We won't be goig back.Special Features:
- The following 149 reviews are from the Cafe Magnolia reviews archive.
- Slow slow service for a party of 5PartyOfFiveWaitingForFoodDined on 6/30/2014We had extremely slow service for lunch on 6/30 -- it took 1 hour to deliver lunch. Salad came with entree as a peace offering when clearly the waitress was asked to bring salad with meal. No offers to refill drinks. All around poor experience. I won't go there again. Waitress seemed to ignore us as much as possible. Other around us ate and paid their bill before we received our meals.
- Worst experienceDiningduoVIPDined on 6/28/2014I don't think I have EVER sat in a restaurant where we were not even acknowledged by anyone for 15 minutes. We were seated immediately and then ignored until we decided to go elsewhere. And even then we stood at the desk and waited! Certainly not worth the time it took to drive there only to encounter incompetent and, quite frankly, rude behavior. Not even a waiter or waitress saying I will be with you shortly...they even looked right at us twice! Very disappointing to say the least.
- used to be good . . .JanCelVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went to eat here as we heard they got awards for their food - only to find out it was back in 2007 and 2008. The service was spotty, and they seemed to be busy and rushed. The salad was fine, but average. Our rolls consisted of two - one for each of us - not even a basket full. The dinner was steak medallions on fettuccine - the steak was chewy, and he entire dish lacked taste. What we got didn't look anything like what was written in the menu. We never heard the specials, although we heard them repeated at another table. When we got back and told someone we went there, they said the same thing . . . ."they used to be good . . ."
- TobyonekenobieDined on 6/21/2014I heard some very good reviews but I was not overly impressed. Good for sandwich
- LuvCMDined on 6/11/2014Menu was excellent. Food was DELICIOUS! Very different with a range that appealed to every palate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014Wonderful evening. Started out bumpy with hostess but server more than made up for it. Great food and server did not rush us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute favorite!cleanpl8clubDined on 6/6/2014Great service with a welcoming atmosphere and eclectic but classy menu. We love the Cafe Magnolia for special family occasion and just something different.Special Features:
- Check your account!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2014I've made reservations via OpenTable three times here... and they've failed to check me in twice. Beware! The food is great, but if they're going to offer OpenTable reservations, they need to be better about crediting people when they use it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!sixpakcDined on 5/29/2014Repeat customer, love the food, service, and atmosphere as they were all excellent. No one in our group was disappointed, everything tasted so good, came out at when appropriate, and the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBeargirlDined on 5/22/2014What a wonderful evening with delicious food and terrific service. And the deck is very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Very Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Always excellent food and service. Chose for my birthday dinner. Id love to get my hands on the landscaping and the inside could use a decorators talc but the food is very good with some unique but simple twists and definitely freshly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great work lunchAndy9381VIPDined on 5/21/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. Nothing else was spectacular but nothing else needed to be. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Great for Mothers' DayCampHillfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Very nice menu selection. Great desserts. The waitress was near the end of her shift so she forgot coffee and tea. Otherwise, the service was pretty good. My filet was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceMommypantsDined on 5/11/2014I love coming here. The food is always good and the service is the best. I have many food allergies and they staff is always accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good service.avamaeDined on 5/5/2014The meal at Cafe Magnolia was very nice. Both my meal and my companion's meal featured generous portions and was as described in the menu. The Spanikopita appetizer was just a bit undercooked.Special Features:
- Memorable mealBethDined on 4/19/2014We hadnt been to cafe magnolia for since last year. Great meal and terrific service. No doubt well returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, with really good food.JatzenDined on 4/15/2014My family and I were there a few days ago. I had a burger, my son had a kids pasta & meatballs that was huge, my wife had a salad and my daughter chicken fingers and we split a desert. We all really liked our meals. It's byob and in total I felt it was a very inexpensive sit down dinner for the quality and quantity of food we received. The waitress was nice, not incredible or anything, but she did her job well. We ate in a side room with four tables (groups of 2,3,4 (my table) and 6). It was loud(ish), but you could easily understand the people at your table. I wouldn't recommend the room for a quiet dinner, or private matters, but for us it worked well. I would highly recommend at least giving the place a try.Special Features:
- FriendlyMikeDined on 3/29/2014I have been here many times. Each time it has been a delight. Best for a party of 4. This last time we had 7 and everyone enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceLoveLunchDined on 3/21/2014Food and service is always wonderful. Great place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Food is always great, service fine, and the former old house just provides a very homey atmosphere. Be forewarned that they lack a bar license so if you want wine or drinks, you need and are permitted to bring your own. To me this is a plus since I bring good wine at store prices rather than restaurant prices, and they don't charge a corkage fee. My only regret is that they are not open Sundays when I frequently visit from out of town.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Don't forget it is BYO....wine, beer or drink of choice! They will provide the glasses, bucket and ice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.