5244 Highland Drive
Holladay, UT 84117Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemadrid.net/
- Phone: (801) 273-0837
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nacho Basurto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service Catering including on or off site food preparation, formal buffet, table service and wine/bar service.
- Entertainment: Periodic Flamenco dance shows
A word from Cafe Madrid
The concept of Café Madrid is hundreds of years old. Exceptional food and world class service blended into an intimate, charming environment, providing a rich and memorable dining experience. Imported from Spain, this concept has become a reality for the people in the Salt Lake area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Madrid - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Cafe Madrid reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (40)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (18)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- excellent foodbiztravelerfrequentdinerDined on 11/11/2014Excellent tapas and entrees, great service. The specials the night we went were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentonislandtimeDined on 11/8/2014This is a lovely space with beautiful artwork and outstanding service. The food was top notch - two of us pre ordered the paella, and the others ordered from the menu. We also shared some tapas. High quality and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Perfect teaseBeezerDined on 11/7/2014Got me interested in spanish cuisine! Great place to catch up with family or friends for a couple hours, nice setting.Special Features:
- DisappointingLibbyGRLDined on 11/5/2014We were regulars at the other location by Black Diamond. The new place is nicely appointed but was far too loud. The waiter kept interrupting our conversations to ask for our orders, or how everything was, or to clear the table. How rude! I blame management for not training him better. The tapas tasted good but the portions were quite small in comparison to the high price charged for them. We left hungry and will not return.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SLCHollybeerDined on 11/4/2014Great night out with friends - we all had amazing food and the Sangria is a must. Love the ambiance and the service - everything at Cafe Madrid is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Madrid does a fantastic job of making everyone feel right at home. And the food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Evening OutIchigo56Dined on 10/6/2014A pleasant dining experience for a meal with your sweetheart. An innovative and fun take on traditional Spanish cuisine. The food is excellent. The chicken Marsala and lamb shanks are delicious!My husband an I are thinking of trying a romantic little lunch rendez-vous of trying a couple tappas and dessert next time. We tried the fresh strawberries and green peppercorns over vanilla ice cream. Amazing! Pricing is more on the higher end, but very worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2014Always great! Robert is wonderful! Food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dinner ServiceYSR33Dined on 9/24/2014We decided to try Cafe Madrid on a night where we really needed a great dining experience to ease the tensions of daily life. Cafe Madrid was exactly what we were looking for. The service was excellent, the food was well prepared, and the restaurant was very relaxing. This is the type of place that I would go to for an anniversary or birthday dinner. The dinner manager is excellent and very patient. I appreciate how well our dinner went and I would definitely suggest Cafe Madrid to close friends and family.Special Features:
- Real Food PleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Cafe Madrid is an oases in an other wise bland wasteland of national culinary disgraces .Special Features:
- Cafe Madrid 091314OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We had several of the tapas, as recommended by our server, and they were all outstanding. Followed up with the Paella, which we had pre-ordered, and it was excellent as well. Our two out-of-town guests were very impressed with the service and the overall atmosphere of Cafe Madrid.Special Features:
- New ChefSheilaDined on 9/13/2014Franck is a definite attribute to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryJulWCDined on 9/12/2014Thank you to the staff and chef(s) for a beautifully appointed table, kind attention to our celebration, and deliciously prepared tapas. Our 25th anniversary celebration was a true delight. I loved our luxurious booth, with pillows at the end of each seat, lush decorative accents, and spicy Spanish music (a tad too loud). The staff placed faux rose petals on our table - so pretty and romantic. The service was kind, though a bit intermittent, as the evening progressed; however they were genuine and truly interested in making our evening worthwhile. The food was outstanding. As a vegetarian, the staff was able to present delicious options, paired with my meat-eating husband's dishes. I loved the Esparragos Trigueros Al Ali-Oli! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great PlaceKingJBDined on 9/6/2014The staff was very attentive and the food was exceptional. The chef came to our table and was very professional, we were debating about which dessert to order and were talked into the carrot cake even thouth I prefer my desserts to be of chocolate. Unexpectadly the chef returned to our table with a plate of chocolates that he makes himself, they were very unique in flavor and absolutely delicious. A fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- memorableUtahgalDined on 8/30/2014This is a fantastic place to go with family, that special someone. I went there for my birthday and the food, service was impeccable. I will return again and look forward to trying other dishes. We ordered Seafood Paella and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodGardenGalDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I went to Cafe Madrid for date night. The restaurant was lovely inside, very warm and comfortable though at times it could be quite loud from the other tables .. The wait service was very attentive and helpful especially for my husband who can never make up his mind on what dish to try. We started out with Croquetas, a hearty mixture of chicken and ham rolled in crunchy coating then deep fat fried-very good. My husband ordered the Lamb Shank which came highly recommended by our waiter and I had the trout special. My husband raved how delicious the lamb shank was, the meat just fell off the bone and the port wine reduction was the perfect compliment and Trout was baked to perfection. Dessert was to die for.Special Features:
- Best Spanish Food EverAmazingDined on 8/25/2014I lived in Spain for 2 years and Cafe Madrid brings me back there in an instant. The food is fantastic! I would eat the paella every day. if I could. Everything else I've had there is outstanding as well. They have also always taken great care of us for special occasions (birthday, anniversary, etc.). We love Cafe Madrid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night out!CG0427Dined on 8/23/2014We love this restaurant. We have been a few times and enjoyed the changing menu every time. The entrees are delicious but we find we prefer to just order Tapas so we won't be so full. Dont skip the Sangria! Its awesome!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beMomMDDined on 8/22/2014Our first few dining experiences here were wonderful. The service and food were amazing. As long as we lucked out and didn't get seated in the old enclosed patio, the ambiance was great. This time we felt like ignored sardines. Our waitress ignored us, failed to bring our appetizer and never bothered to ask how was our food. The servings were ridiculously small for the entree. It is absurdly overpriced. I wish we had gone to another restaurant! We will not be back.
- Always inspired small platestapas1Dined on 8/22/2014Love this gem so close to home. Robert, our server is a great help with amazing suggestions to pair wines with tapas for tasty treatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a kingHappyHubbyDined on 8/20/2014Gabriella and her staff always make us feel so welcome and appreciated. The selection of cold and hot tapas fits a wide variety of tastes. The wine list compliments the Spanish cuisine with native offerings. I am a fan of Riojas anyway. The food is consistently delicious and the presentation is beautiful. We have had the sea bass, salmon and red snapper on different visits... it is my favorite sea food in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkRDined on 8/18/2014We tried the Paella (with 24 hour notice) and it was superb. The wait staff was very knowlegable about the other menu choices and gave good recommendations for appetizers and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Cuisine at it's BestpattinslcDined on 8/8/2014The Tapas and small plate selection at Café Madrid are excellent. The service was perfect, enough attention but not distributing. I would (and have) recommend Café Madrid to many peopleSpecial Features:
- Delicioso!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014The food and the service here are fantastic. The owner stopped by to chat both evenings I ate here, and was very warm and pleasant. This is a great restaurant with very delicious food and wines.Special Features:
- The following 835 reviews are from the Cafe Madrid reviews archive.
- Good food, expensive corkageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Cafe Madrid is a wonderful restaurant, however, the corkage is outrageous.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedUTluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014The people, food, and atmosphere were out standing. Very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemHinbotDined on 7/11/2014The last time I visited Cafe Madrid was 6 years ago at their old location on 3900 south. Everything was spectacular back then and nothing has changed now except for the building. Food was incredible, we had the tortilla, pork belly, froie was, an another Spanish dish (forgot the name) but reminded me of a seafood gumbo and it was all amazing. The service was exceptional and attentive. I highly recommended coming here for special occasions or a nice romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb at Cafe MadridDrMJDSDined on 7/8/2014I have not found anywhere in Salt Lake City that serves such a well prepared and presented lamb shank...excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBEC84107Dined on 7/5/2014Again great service and fantastic food from a group that really knows what they are doing. We are always impressed at Cafe Madrid!Special Features:
- Beautiful evening!EasterDiner1Dined on 7/5/2014Café Madrid and staff were so welcoming. We shared a beautiful evening! The food was scrumptious and very well presented. Our waiter Robert was very attentive and knew a lot about the menu and wine. We certainly will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wendellVIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been here before. The service is always outstanding. I find the menu a bit limited and the wine list high priced (oh, well). It got really noisy at times--It seems like some guests are ambivalent to others..
- Cafe MadridcalliopeDined on 6/27/2014The food was outrageously good. The waitstaff was lovely, but seemed a bit stretched. Again, the food was to die for. We ate so much, we almost died and went to heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite for fine dinning !simpsrDined on 6/27/2014First visit was outstanding and we were impressed with level of service and quality of food. Owner takes personal interest to ensure satisfaction. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEPDEPdinesDined on 6/14/2014The food was exceptional. The Tapas were great with outstanding sauces. The wait staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The soup was amazing.Special Features:
- Overall great!suitnanaDined on 6/7/2014The only problem that we had was that half of our party who arrived at 7pm waited for 20 minutes in the waiting area while we were already seated. We had to text them to see if they were coming and that's how we found out that they were still in the waiting area. Food was fabulous, our waiter was fabulous. Overall it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and friendly staffMigonza67Dined on 5/27/2014First time ever at my son's request for his birthday dinner. The tapa plates were yummy and the paella was excellent. Great place, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11thanniversarycoupleutahDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I enjoyed a terrific meal for our anniversary. The resturant was clean, the food presentation was splendid and the overall experience was deliteful. The only negative thing was our server had a very heavy accent that my wife couldn't understand what he was saying 90% of the time. Luckily I was bi-lingual Spanish speaking so I could help interpret through his accent. My wife was frustrated as she couldn't understand any of the specials and left it to me to tell her what everything he was saying. She stated she might have wanted to try new things but, stuck to the menu that she could read. The server also kept mixing up our drinks which didn't really bother us a lot but, might annoy other customers. Overall, we'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatImpressedDined on 5/10/2014You can't go wrong having a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, reunion (small) at Cafe Madrid. I personally believe it is geared towards parties of 8 (max) or fewer. Service &'food are exceptional. It isn't cheap. Not really for children under 16 and it isn't fast food. I've eaten at Cafe Madrid numerous times over the years, both at their old location and their current location. I've never been disappointed. Plan accordingly.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCGDGDined on 5/10/2014We went to celebrate a my husband's birthday & it also happened to be our anniversary & the following day was Mother's Day. We had been to the old location once & this was our first time at the new location. Our waiter Rob was very nice & really helped make our evening special. The food was incredible, even the brussel sprouts! Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014It took a while to get seated, but after that it was a great dining experience.Special Features: