33 Lafayette Street
Riverside, NJ 08075Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemadison.com/
- Phone: 8567644444x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday:6:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Connor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Madison specializes in social & corporate event planning for groups of 10 or more within our dining space or a semi-private or private arrangement.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Connor 6093323367x
- Entertainment: Live Piano every night. Dancing Friday and Saturday
A word from Cafe Madison
Cafe Madison serves gourmet cuisine in a glamorous setting. Cafe Madison is the perfect backdrop for an intimate, romantic dinner for 2 or a large gathering. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Madison - Best Restaurants in Riverside ›
Cafe Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (36)notable wine list (33)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (18)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A slow Tuesday night in RiversidePaulDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I use Madison Café for special occasions. I was surprised that at the number of empty tables. Normally we find the Madison Café at least half full at 7 in the evening. I do find that the menu is limited, but the quality that is found at Madison Café is outstanding. The service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Liked the open kitchen. The waterfalls were beautiful. What a surprise when we opened the menu and it lit up! The food was very good and offered a good selection. We will be bringing friends there for the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IOP1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Caught last night of restaurant week. Was a little hectic with a wedding reception going on simultaneously in the next room, but service was excellent and out appetizers were awesome - the escargot was amazing.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Pleasant evening with friends. Noise level hindered conversation slightly. Food was excellent (there during restaurant week). Exceptional service. Parking was a challenge because of a reception. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbarryDined on 10/22/2014The food at Cafe Madison is outstanding. The presentation is great and we always enjoy dining thereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Would have been helpful when making reservations to know that it was price fix week as I have food allergies and substitutions were not allowed to be made. We would have made my birthday celebration dinner for a different Wed had we known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three's A CharmRICHEVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our third visit to Madison. We were very happy with the meals we had. They started their Fall menu and it had some very good additions to it. Service was great. Anything you can think of for a great restaurant that is The Madison.Special Features:
- WONDERFULOUT2muchVIPDined on 10/15/2014Have been to this wonderful resturant a number of times. As I have said in previous posts, a high end restaurant, the likes of Phila. or New York without the cost of parking. You must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014I have been to Café Madison about 5 times now and have not been disappointed once. I am still amazed when I walk in at the ambiance and detail that went into the construction. It is absolutely beautiful. You really feel like you are at a center city Philadelphia restaurant. We had the Korean ribs as an appetizer and they were delicious. Caramelized and perfectly cooked. The lobster bisque there is a must. My husband got the lamb for dinner and it was cooked perfectly and the portion was pretty large. I had the scallops overtop of Vegetable ravioli, with sweet corn from a local farm in the sauce. Amazing. Service is always great too. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time!TubeyGDined on 10/10/2014A moderately priced restuarant with an upscale feel. The food and service are great. Go and you will not be dissapointed.Special Features:
- A Nice PlaceNorthJerseyNVIPDined on 10/9/2014We dined here for our anniversary. The calamari appetizer was yummy. My 6 oz filet was great and my significant other enjoyed his salmon. The only disappointing thing is the waiter and hostess never asked if we were celebrating a special event. I made sure to send a note to the restaurant when I made the reservation, hoping to receive some slight acknowledgement during our dining experience. However, we received none, and it's the first time we dined at a place that didn't seem to care at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner!MarilynDined on 10/7/2014I took my husband and stepdaughter to Cafe Madison for his birthday - food was GREAT, service was OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- NoNoDined on 10/4/2014This is the second time me and my husband dined at Cafe Madison The first was a romantic dinner for the two of us the second with a group of our friends. Both were very much enjoyed. Service was good , food enjoyable and very nice atmosphere . Wr especially enjoy the lite menus , the wine specials and the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Madison, Riverside, NJSuepDined on 10/4/2014Great food, Richard our Server was very helpful, kind & nice. They didn't hurry us out which allowed us to catch up with our friends over apps, dinner, dessert & coffee. We were probably there 3 hrs. :o) We'll be back :o) Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 9/30/2014We have been there several times and food choices creative and well prepared; ConsistentSpecial Features:
- Larry FanelleElfanelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Dinner was delicious and the new pricing structure makes for more frequent visits.Special Features:
- Fabulous Friday night spotCrazyredVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love Madison. Beautiful food, ambience and dancing.Special Features:
- Crazy NightProudBlackFootDined on 9/24/2014It was the usual Wednesday birthday celebration night at the Cafe, packed with clientele and bustling service, but my mother and I still got the best table in the house and individualized service. Very, very accomodating to the point that I felt bad for our waiter. Seems the bar wasn't very cooperative when it came to certain type of drinks. Our waiter came up with great suggestions that seem to work. I love the new menu. Thank you for the escargot!! It was excellent. Haven't had it for some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special diningRobbieDined on 9/24/2014For birthdays, anniversaries and really, for any occasion, this is the place to go. Great food and wine. Enthusiastic and attentive wait staff. Late night dinner at the bar. There is nothing negative about this venue and we have been there many times, including a 21st birthday celebration for my granddaughter and we will continue to visit as often as possible.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENINGcasinogirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014The dinner was delicious and always elegant.....then loved the great band (the BLITZ) afterwards for drinks and DANCING all night. - will be back for another Friday night fun night. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great findMidgeVIPDined on 9/18/2014First time at this restaurant and I will be back. Great food and service and special on wines made it affordable!Special Features:
- Great Place in a Small TownNitastarDined on 9/13/2014I discovered this place this year and have been back 5 times. They have good food, good drinks, very nice bartenders, especially Sam, Sam's a girl, waiters and waitesses, and occasionally good entertainment. There are a few excellent piano players/singers on the weekend in the bar area. My gentleman friend and I really enjoy Cafe Madison, we find it romantic and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changeMadisonpatronsince09Dined on 9/10/2014Miss the former 4-course dinner for $35. Great bargain and delicious selections. Helpful to keep the "Two for Tuesday" coupons available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Will be back!JwassmerDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I wanted a nice dinner close by before the arrival of our baby. Food was amazing! Service was awesome! Nathen took care of us:) such a great experience. We will definitely be back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food everLiznChrisDined on 9/5/2014Loved my dinner. Everything was delicious. I've been going to Madison for years and this was one of the best. My server Debbie was even thoughtful enough to put a candle on my dessert for my birthday!Special Features:
- dineoutcoupleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful restaurant/bar, perfect service from staff & food is outstanding. The filet is better than I have had at any high end, well known "overpriced"restaurants, specializing in steaks. Every meal that we ordered in our visits to Café Madison has been outstanding!!, which keeps us going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up-scale Charm!FoodieDined on 9/3/2014Always excellent service. The food was delicious, we ordered off the pre-fixe menu. Enjoyed a bottle of their featured red wine, superb!Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodPhilcDined on 8/27/2014Always have excellent service and great food. The mid- week is especially nice because the noise level is more sedate and easier to maintain conversionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Madison Sat Aug 23rdLynne2meDined on 8/23/2014My husband took me to Café Madison for my birthday dinner, it was our first visit and WE LOVED IT! The atmosphere, the bartender, the wait service, and of course the food were really awesome! What made our night was the live music provided by Giorgio - he plays guitar, piano and the violin. It was soooo beautiful!!! He's a true STAR!! We wanted to check out the Towne Tavern but never made it through the doors only steps away, and the Courtyard looked so inviting with the fire lit. We have many reasons to return and we will!Special Features:
- always gr8CrazyredVIPDined on 8/22/2014Madisons is the funky pakage. Wonderful service beautiful abience fabulous food.Special Features:
- DeliciousHollyDined on 8/20/2014Our prix fixe meal was delicious--from beginning to end. I don't often say that about a restaurant meal so that really means something.Special Features:
- ROBERTPDined on 8/16/2014It was fabulous. The food was superb. The service was outstanding. The ambience was very romantic. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- phillyfoodVIPDined on 8/12/2014They made it an enjoyable and safe dinner with food allergies.
- mcmpimDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoyable for a special occasion. Good food, good service. A gem in RiversideSpecial Features:
- Simply Superb!AlphaanthonyDined on 8/5/2014I have immensely enjoyed my dining experience at Café Madison each time I've dined. The "4-course" menu selection is quite varied and the establishment does an excellent job rotating the menu options as well.Special Features:
- Great SpotLynnfromcolumbusDined on 8/2/2014Atmosphere is great as well as service and food. Filet was the most tender cute of meat I have ever had. Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timePhenomenalDined on 7/26/2014If I had never been to Café Madison before, I would never come back; however, given my previous experiences were different and the food is outstanding, I'll return and give it another shot.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualOggie2375Dined on 7/26/2014Greatest restaurant in NJ. It was our first anniversary and we were treated like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and a gemSiepiRameyDined on 7/26/2014I was delightfully surprised with The Madison after a friend recommended I try it. a very nice setting, for multiple possibilities: nice bar with music, nice porch with live music and I ate in the main dining area which was cery nice. I have the $35 Prix Fix and the food was excellent. The lobster bisque was just right, not too rich, not too floury, the salad was solid, and the Scallops were not only cooked perfectly but the accompanying sauce was just the right balance. I always think a great chef's meal is just pure flavor, and that was true with my scallops. Key Lime dessert was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never been disappointed here.GoodEaterVIPDined on 7/25/2014Hostess and waitstaff friendly and unpretentious, food genuine, attractive, and tasty. We caught "Farm to Table" event, so additionally, we felt that we had a nice night out, while enjoying a good deal to boot. We enjoyed our evening here more than several more expensive, more pretentious places across the river in Philadelphia.Special Features: