33 Lafayette Street
Riverside, NJ 08075Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemadison.com/
- Phone: (856) 764-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday:6:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Connor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Madison specializes in social & corporate event planning for groups of 10 or more within our dining space or a semi-private or private arrangement.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Connor 6093323367x
- Entertainment: Live Piano every night. Dancing Friday and Saturday
A word from Cafe Madison
Cafe Madison serves gourmet cuisine in a glamorous setting. Cafe Madison is the perfect backdrop for an intimate, romantic dinner for 2 or a large gathering. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Madison - Best Restaurants in Riverside ›
Cafe Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (38)notable wine list (33)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (20)late-night find (11)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BACK AGAIN!RICHEVIPDined on 11/14/2014Well we went back to the Cafe again. That should be enough of a good review. Once again the food and service was great. What can I say we'll be going back again. You should go too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItDaveCDined on 11/5/2014I live close by but haven't been to the Cafe in a couple of years. I decided to try it again. Great food, Awesome service and Light up menus! We had the filet, which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of Civilization in S JerseySophisticatedPalateDined on 11/4/2014I moved here from NYC some years ago. My career meant traveling Internationally and entertaining clients. After dining in some of the best restaurants in the world, South Jersey and Philly can be very,very depressing. It was with great delight I discovered the Capital Grill (a breath of fresh air and a lot like "home"), and closer to where I live, Cafe Madison. While Cafe Madison is not Lutece, Nobu, Aquavit, Union Square Cafe, 21, or even Nino's; it's a breath of fresh air to a depressed palate subjected to the sad fare available in this area. The ambiance, when not there during a "band" night, is superb. The lovely paino music, even when automated, provides an elegant complement to the carefully designed internal waterfalls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy nite made up for by our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were not off to a good start on saturday. The four of us were seated at our table and after 15 minutes and no acknowledgement from a waiter, we called over hostess(Katie) and told her we needed a waiter. Another 10 minutes went by and we did the same thing asking for our waiter. Then Diane came over and said they were a bit "overwhelmed that nite" and our waiter would be by shortly. So Thomas finally came over and took care of us the rest of the night. My friend's husband was ready to walk out up until thomas showed up. I didn't want to do that since i had asked 2 other friends to join us after dinner at the Town Tavern. So our meal was good and we met our friends. i was disappointed the Lobster Tail is off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussVIPDined on 11/1/2014Loved it except for the cold draft that we felt when the rear door opened. 4 out of our party of 6 mentioned it was the only downside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghoulish Halloween partyCrazyredVIPDined on 10/31/2014Great costumes food and dancing. The staff is always on their A game. Beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Never a good steak!steaklessDined on 10/31/2014Asked the waiter specifically about the "Butcher Steak".He said that it was the special steak cut that the butcher would keep for him self. What he didn't say was that the "meat" was cut into chunks and hidden in a sea of greens! It should have been advertised as a salad with a meat topping. I have given up on trying to get a good steak at the Madison...and yet you can always get a great steak at the Towne Tavern for half the cost. real shame one can't cross order from adjoining kitchens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGlutenfreeDined on 10/29/2014My wife and I had a great time and the service was notably a team effort from all the staff. Our waiter was excellent and he was new at the Madison. The food was very good. You have a well trained staff. Thank you. Frank TagyeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slow Tuesday night in RiversidePaulDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I use Madison Café for special occasions. I was surprised that at the number of empty tables. Normally we find the Madison Café at least half full at 7 in the evening. I do find that the menu is limited, but the quality that is found at Madison Café is outstanding. The service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmgoodfoodDined on 10/28/2014Liked the open kitchen. The waterfalls were beautiful. What a surprise when we opened the menu and it lit up! The food was very good and offered a good selection. We will be bringing friends there for the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IOP1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Caught last night of restaurant week. Was a little hectic with a wedding reception going on simultaneously in the next room, but service was excellent and out appetizers were awesome - the escargot was amazing.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Pleasant evening with friends. Noise level hindered conversation slightly. Food was excellent (there during restaurant week). Exceptional service. Parking was a challenge because of a reception. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try if in the neighborhoodMicahBVIPDined on 10/24/2014It has been at least a year or two since last dining at Cafe Madison. They have a lot of variety on the menu, fair pricing on the wine list, and friendly staff. If you are looking for a solid, fair priced, American meal in the neighborhood, it is worth a try. A few steps up from casual dining (Ruby Tuesday), but not quite at the level of a high end Center City spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbarryDined on 10/22/2014The food at Cafe Madison is outstanding. The presentation is great and we always enjoy dining thereSpecial Features:
- Best kept secretdinner4twoDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I were looking for some place kind of local to celebrated our 32nd. The Cafe Madison was recommended so we decided to go and this restaurant did not disappoint. The food and service at the Cafe Madison was so outstanding that we have since celebrated both of our birthdays there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Would have been helpful when making reservations to know that it was price fix week as I have food allergies and substitutions were not allowed to be made. We would have made my birthday celebration dinner for a different Wed had we known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three's A CharmRICHEVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our third visit to Madison. We were very happy with the meals we had. They started their Fall menu and it had some very good additions to it. Service was great. Anything you can think of for a great restaurant that is The Madison.Special Features:
- WONDERFULOUT2muchVIPDined on 10/15/2014Have been to this wonderful resturant a number of times. As I have said in previous posts, a high end restaurant, the likes of Phila. or New York without the cost of parking. You must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014I have been to Café Madison about 5 times now and have not been disappointed once. I am still amazed when I walk in at the ambiance and detail that went into the construction. It is absolutely beautiful. You really feel like you are at a center city Philadelphia restaurant. We had the Korean ribs as an appetizer and they were delicious. Caramelized and perfectly cooked. The lobster bisque there is a must. My husband got the lamb for dinner and it was cooked perfectly and the portion was pretty large. I had the scallops overtop of Vegetable ravioli, with sweet corn from a local farm in the sauce. Amazing. Service is always great too. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time!TubeyGDined on 10/10/2014A moderately priced restuarant with an upscale feel. The food and service are great. Go and you will not be dissapointed.Special Features:
- A Nice PlaceNorthJerseyNVIPDined on 10/9/2014We dined here for our anniversary. The calamari appetizer was yummy. My 6 oz filet was great and my significant other enjoyed his salmon. The only disappointing thing is the waiter and hostess never asked if we were celebrating a special event. I made sure to send a note to the restaurant when I made the reservation, hoping to receive some slight acknowledgement during our dining experience. However, we received none, and it's the first time we dined at a place that didn't seem to care at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner!MarilynDined on 10/7/2014I took my husband and stepdaughter to Cafe Madison for his birthday - food was GREAT, service was OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- NoNoDined on 10/4/2014This is the second time me and my husband dined at Cafe Madison The first was a romantic dinner for the two of us the second with a group of our friends. Both were very much enjoyed. Service was good , food enjoyable and very nice atmosphere . Wr especially enjoy the lite menus , the wine specials and the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Madison, Riverside, NJSuepDined on 10/4/2014Great food, Richard our Server was very helpful, kind & nice. They didn't hurry us out which allowed us to catch up with our friends over apps, dinner, dessert & coffee. We were probably there 3 hrs. :o) We'll be back :o) Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 9/30/2014We have been there several times and food choices creative and well prepared; ConsistentSpecial Features:
- Larry FanelleElfanelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Dinner was delicious and the new pricing structure makes for more frequent visits.Special Features:
- Fabulous Friday night spotCrazyredVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love Madison. Beautiful food, ambience and dancing.Special Features:
- Crazy NightProudBlackFootDined on 9/24/2014It was the usual Wednesday birthday celebration night at the Cafe, packed with clientele and bustling service, but my mother and I still got the best table in the house and individualized service. Very, very accomodating to the point that I felt bad for our waiter. Seems the bar wasn't very cooperative when it came to certain type of drinks. Our waiter came up with great suggestions that seem to work. I love the new menu. Thank you for the escargot!! It was excellent. Haven't had it for some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special diningRobbieDined on 9/24/2014For birthdays, anniversaries and really, for any occasion, this is the place to go. Great food and wine. Enthusiastic and attentive wait staff. Late night dinner at the bar. There is nothing negative about this venue and we have been there many times, including a 21st birthday celebration for my granddaughter and we will continue to visit as often as possible.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENINGcasinogirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014The dinner was delicious and always elegant.....then loved the great band (the BLITZ) afterwards for drinks and DANCING all night. - will be back for another Friday night fun night. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great findMidgeVIPDined on 9/18/2014First time at this restaurant and I will be back. Great food and service and special on wines made it affordable!Special Features:
- Great Place in a Small TownNitastarDined on 9/13/2014I discovered this place this year and have been back 5 times. They have good food, good drinks, very nice bartenders, especially Sam, Sam's a girl, waiters and waitesses, and occasionally good entertainment. There are a few excellent piano players/singers on the weekend in the bar area. My gentleman friend and I really enjoy Cafe Madison, we find it romantic and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changeMadisonpatronsince09Dined on 9/10/2014Miss the former 4-course dinner for $35. Great bargain and delicious selections. Helpful to keep the "Two for Tuesday" coupons available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Will be back!JwassmerDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I wanted a nice dinner close by before the arrival of our baby. Food was amazing! Service was awesome! Nathen took care of us:) such a great experience. We will definitely be back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food everLiznChrisDined on 9/5/2014Loved my dinner. Everything was delicious. I've been going to Madison for years and this was one of the best. My server Debbie was even thoughtful enough to put a candle on my dessert for my birthday!Special Features:
- dineoutcoupleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful restaurant/bar, perfect service from staff & food is outstanding. The filet is better than I have had at any high end, well known "overpriced"restaurants, specializing in steaks. Every meal that we ordered in our visits to Café Madison has been outstanding!!, which keeps us going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up-scale Charm!FoodieDined on 9/3/2014Always excellent service. The food was delicious, we ordered off the pre-fixe menu. Enjoyed a bottle of their featured red wine, superb!Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodPhilcDined on 8/27/2014Always have excellent service and great food. The mid- week is especially nice because the noise level is more sedate and easier to maintain conversionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Madison Sat Aug 23rdLynne2meDined on 8/23/2014My husband took me to Café Madison for my birthday dinner, it was our first visit and WE LOVED IT! The atmosphere, the bartender, the wait service, and of course the food were really awesome! What made our night was the live music provided by Giorgio - he plays guitar, piano and the violin. It was soooo beautiful!!! He's a true STAR!! We wanted to check out the Towne Tavern but never made it through the doors only steps away, and the Courtyard looked so inviting with the fire lit. We have many reasons to return and we will!Special Features:
- always gr8CrazyredVIPDined on 8/22/2014Madisons is the funky pakage. Wonderful service beautiful abience fabulous food.Special Features: