33 Lafayette Street
Riverside, NJ 08075Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemadison.com/
- Phone: 8567644444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday:6:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Connor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Madison specializes in social & corporate event planning for groups of 10 or more within our dining space or a semi-private or private arrangement.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Connor 6093323367
- Entertainment: Live Piano every night. Dancing Friday and Saturday
A word from Cafe Madison
Cafe Madison serves gourmet cuisine in a glamorous setting. Cafe Madison is the perfect backdrop for an intimate, romantic dinner for 2 or a large gathering. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Madison - Best Restaurants in Riverside ›
Cafe Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (22)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)hot spot (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Menu changeMadisonpatronsince09Dined on 9/10/2014Miss the former 4-course dinner for $35. Great bargain and delicious selections. Helpful to keep the "Two for Tuesday" coupons available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Will be back!JwassmerDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I wanted a nice dinner close by before the arrival of our baby. Food was amazing! Service was awesome! Nathen took care of us:) such a great experience. We will definitely be back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food everLiznChrisDined on 9/5/2014Loved my dinner. Everything was delicious. I've been going to Madison for years and this was one of the best. My server Debbie was even thoughtful enough to put a candle on my dessert for my birthday!Special Features:
- dineoutcoupleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful restaurant/bar, perfect service from staff & food is outstanding. The filet is better than I have had at any high end, well known "overpriced"restaurants, specializing in steaks. Every meal that we ordered in our visits to Café Madison has been outstanding!!, which keeps us going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & foodPhilcDined on 8/27/2014Always have excellent service and great food. The mid- week is especially nice because the noise level is more sedate and easier to maintain conversionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Madison Sat Aug 23rdLynne2meDined on 8/23/2014My husband took me to Café Madison for my birthday dinner, it was our first visit and WE LOVED IT! The atmosphere, the bartender, the wait service, and of course the food were really awesome! What made our night was the live music provided by Giorgio - he plays guitar, piano and the violin. It was soooo beautiful!!! He's a true STAR!! We wanted to check out the Towne Tavern but never made it through the doors only steps away, and the Courtyard looked so inviting with the fire lit. We have many reasons to return and we will!Special Features:
- always gr8CrazyredDined on 8/22/2014Madisons is the funky pakage. Wonderful service beautiful abience fabulous food.Special Features:
- DeliciousHollyDined on 8/20/2014Our prix fixe meal was delicious--from beginning to end. I don't often say that about a restaurant meal so that really means something.Special Features:
- ROBERTPDined on 8/16/2014It was fabulous. The food was superb. The service was outstanding. The ambience was very romantic. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- phillyfoodVIPDined on 8/12/2014They made it an enjoyable and safe dinner with food allergies.
- mcmpimDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoyable for a special occasion. Good food, good service. A gem in RiversideSpecial Features:
- Simply Superb!AlphaanthonyDined on 8/5/2014I have immensely enjoyed my dining experience at Café Madison each time I've dined. The "4-course" menu selection is quite varied and the establishment does an excellent job rotating the menu options as well.Special Features:
- Great SpotLynnfromcolumbusDined on 8/2/2014Atmosphere is great as well as service and food. Filet was the most tender cute of meat I have ever had. Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timePhenomenalDined on 7/26/2014If I had never been to Café Madison before, I would never come back; however, given my previous experiences were different and the food is outstanding, I'll return and give it another shot.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualOggie2375Dined on 7/26/2014Greatest restaurant in NJ. It was our first anniversary and we were treated like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and a gemSiepiRameyDined on 7/26/2014I was delightfully surprised with The Madison after a friend recommended I try it. a very nice setting, for multiple possibilities: nice bar with music, nice porch with live music and I ate in the main dining area which was cery nice. I have the $35 Prix Fix and the food was excellent. The lobster bisque was just right, not too rich, not too floury, the salad was solid, and the Scallops were not only cooked perfectly but the accompanying sauce was just the right balance. I always think a great chef's meal is just pure flavor, and that was true with my scallops. Key Lime dessert was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never been disappointed here.GoodEaterDined on 7/25/2014Hostess and waitstaff friendly and unpretentious, food genuine, attractive, and tasty. We caught "Farm to Table" event, so additionally, we felt that we had a nice night out, while enjoying a good deal to boot. We enjoyed our evening here more than several more expensive, more pretentious places across the river in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Love South Jersey Farm to Fork Week. Another great menu from Café Madison. Every course was delicious. Excellent food.Special Features:
- Hot chefs fanEatout1130Dined on 7/25/2014Visited during Farm to Fork Week. The house salad dressing was unbelievable- creamy with other hearty flavored- we all would have cleaned the salad plate with bread if no one was watching! Three of us ordered some sort of steak or filet - all cooked to perfection. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. The service was impeccable- Debbie anticipated all of our needs- we did not have to ask for anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestleckieDined on 7/23/2014We have been to this restaurant many times, each time is always a great dining experience. The staff are all professional and over the top friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Our special occasion place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014My wife and I Debbie have been going to Cafe Madison for quite some time now. It is our favorite special occasion place to go. We have never had a bad meal or experience . We are always telling our friends to go and check it out. We like one of the window seats and there or only 2, but they almost always accommodate us. We are actually going back next week for the from the farm to the table dinner and it's not even a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerJoanDined on 7/16/2014Café Madison never fails me. I was there for my birthday and brought along friends who have never been there. We had a lovely time, dinner was great as usual, I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Odd location but worth the drive. The fixed price menu is a bargain and the quality of the food and presentation was excellent. Professional service. Live music on Saturday night. Initial thought of atmosphere is loft/industrial but it grows on you.Special Features:
- allliDined on 7/12/2014Excellent new menu. Service was great and paced. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second to none!Steel58Dined on 7/5/2014Cafe Madison is a place you must dine. Everything about this place is amazing. Food, service and experience all exceed expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FooddregdotDined on 7/2/2014The food was cooked to perfection, awesome evening.Special Features:
- Great food, Great timePhenomenalDined on 6/28/2014Best waitress. Food was amazing. Loved it. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerbdwaymomDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I went to Cafe Madison for our anniversary. We had visited the restaurant last winter for a Restaurant Week dinner, so we wanted to try it again for a "regular" dinner. We loved our meal the first time time and absolutely loved it again this time. Besides the a la carte selections, there is also a prix fixe four course menu. Everything was made to perfection, the portions were appropriate, the ambience is lovely. There was live music, not only indoors, but also outdoors at the outdoor bar. Our server was friendly and accommodating. I would definitely go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent visitpbphilliesDined on 6/25/2014Went on a Wednesday night recently and waited 20 minutes to be seated even though we had reservations. Our waitress was a bit dippy and forgot some things. Food was very good. Probably won't go back until sometime in 2015. Some other restaurant choices to visit south of CM on the same road.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant is outstanding. I especially liked the four-course menu. The food was delicious--the filet mignon melted in my mouth. I was impressed with the lighted menu. The piano music added an elegant touch to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjk19Dined on 6/21/2014The filet was amazing! The pre fixe special is a great deal. The place is very pretty. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We decided to test out the food because we were potentially having a wedding held here. Food is a high priority on our list so we wanted to make sure it was worth it. We were pleasantly surprised with how amazing the food was. Everything came out in a fashionable time and cooked to perfection. The staff and service was also very great. We love it there and will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was not goodjohnDined on 6/18/2014I ordered Australian Barramundi, the fish was overcooked and mushy, prices were not cheap, no excuse for bad food. Never go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First DateCusoonDined on 6/13/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the customer service and the food was very good. I would highly recommend the Cafe for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jewelrosaDined on 6/13/2014Beautiful room with a bar offset and large dance floor. High ceilings and beautiful decor created a nice ambiance. The food was very good and the menu was unique... It lit up when you opened it. No problems reading this in any dining area! Server was very accommodating and helpful with our inquiries and she smiled the entire time. The Caesar Salad was AMAZING...made right at the table. The best made anywhere. Our center cut filet mignon was cooked perfectly and the crab cakes were up there with the best. We brought our own cake as it was a family tradition. There is a fee to slice and serve the cake but it was minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep going backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Solid place, nice atmosphere. Very pretty. Have eaten there several times.Special Features:
- A Gem....hidden in Riverside!SouthPhillyDinersVIPDined on 5/31/2014Hidden in Riverside......this is a gem!! Beautiful restaurant, bar/lounge with music/entertainment, outside bar area with fireplace, wine cellar room for parties and banquet room......we've been here several times and it just keeps getting better! The food is excellent, service just as good and great ambiance too!! Worth the trip because you will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outdregdotDined on 5/21/2014If you are looking for a nice restaurant with a great fixed price menu - this is the place to go. Their 4 courses for $35 is worth it. The lobster bisque is one of the best I have ever had. If you like martinis - this is where you want to be. Caitlin our server was awesome - would highly recommend this as a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 930 reviews are from the Cafe Madison reviews archive.
- Great food and ambiance.PhillyfazzDined on 5/20/2014Went there for our anniversary. The meal was exceptional, my wife had the Australian lamb and I had the lobster tail. Both dinners proved to be exceptional. We also had wine and after dinner drinks which topped off a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- overpriced for quality of foodcat10Dined on 5/20/2014We thought that our pork and filet dishes were tough and chewy. We expected better quality. We were disappointed:-(Special Features: