Cafe Luna of Old Bridge
3679 US 9 North
Old Bridge, NJ 08857Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Luna of Old Bridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (732) 965-5490
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur 11:30am-10:00pm Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm Sun 11:30am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chicco Asante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Luna of Old Bridge
After over 20 years of serving fine Italian cuisine in New York City, we are proud to announce our newest location in Old Bridge New Jersey. Join us under the stars in our romantic dining area, lounge or upscale bar, serving our authentic Sicilian Cuisine, delectable desserts and extensive wine list. We pride ourselves on serving the finest ingredients in every dish. Whether you’re having an intimate dinner or seeking to host a special event, happy hour, or other occasion, Café Luna of Oldbridge will provide a dining experience that is out of this world!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cafe Luna of Old Bridge - Best Restaurants in Old Bridge ›
Cafe Luna of Old Bridge reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (16)romantic (14)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We went to Cafe Luna for dinner with friends. We had a great time. The food, ambience, and service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familyoutingVIPDined on 11/21/2014Awesome experience all around! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!NicoleDined on 11/15/2014The food is wonderful, nice size portions. Not cheap but not overly expensive. Would absolutely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureDoctorJDined on 11/15/2014I have passed by this restaurant during my weekly commute to work, and have never thought to try it, based on the outside sign (looks cartoon like, and does not reflect the elegant interior or quality of food). The reason for trying it was the reviews on open table, which have rarely steered me wrong. This is a great restaurant. Food was delicious, well presented, and the service was exceptional. Our waiter Joey was very pleasant, helpful, and informative, and made our dinner even more enjoyable. The interior was elegant, and the noise level allowed for easy conversation. A true winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by Serviceluv2dineDined on 11/15/2014My family and I are in Cafe Luna at least once a week and have never been disappointed by anything, the food or service. This time it was just my fiance and me and the waiter Matt really had no time for a table for two. It was blatantly obvious he wanted the larger tables for a bigger tip. When I didn't order an alcoholic beverage, he seemed to be even angrier. And when we skipped dessert because we were too full he literally forgot we existed. Other waiters had to bring us our check while he stood at another table of 8 and gossiped about other waitresses and how he hates waiting on small tables who don't have a large tab. We were going to have our rehearsal dinner in the front room, but now after this experience I think we will go elsewhere. I am usually never disappointed, but we are excellent customers of this restaurant and were treated like garbage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 th time here and we will be back!😃PhilydillDined on 11/14/2014Service was very good. Staff very attentive. The food is great and for us this is a very local resturant that has proven to be a very lucky catch for udSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the areaYummyDined on 11/8/2014We really have enjoyed our dining experiences at Café Luna. Beautiful decor, nice ambiance, not too noisy. Polite wait staff. This past visit I had Sole Oreganato. It just melted in my mouth. Every mouthful was like heaven. Our friend who was with us had food allergies and the kitchen prepared a special dish for her. No questions asked. Very accommodating. Good for a nice lunch, too, at reasonable prices. Food is not "heavy" Italian but "light" Italian. The grilled shrimp is also one of my favorites. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise !MatildaMoynihanDined on 11/4/2014Great food, immaculate dining room and excellent service... all in a strip mall next to a busy highway. A waayyyyy "better than it had to be" dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prices great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Service is top notch, food is amazing .. Gluten free friendly. .all alround good place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!DpaceVIPDined on 10/27/2014Cafe Luna always provides a delicious meal and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding EveningReservationsqueenDined on 10/24/2014The baked calamari is my favorite dish here. If you are really hungry and love veal Parmesan ...order it on the bone. It is spectacular! The wait staff are on their toes running around taking care of anything you need. Excellent drinks from the bar. Leave extra room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over &AboveNJGolferDined on 10/11/2014Eric (manager) and Joey (waiter) went over and above to make our experience a great one. The food is always outstanding, but it is the people who make the difference. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service disappointedpsychlanceVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was very slow and I did not feel attended to at all,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was not as good as previous visit. Will give it another try
- Special Experiencefood2bellyDined on 10/3/2014We were surprised to find this new gem in a strip mall next to a Tire Shop. However, upon entering you quickly forget the neighboring establishments. Cool modern decor and a menu to match. We had a group of 7 and each ordered something different - pasta, fish, pork chop, chicken, pizza... Serving sizes were a bit overwhelming at first glance - but once everyone dove in and began to taste the food, we quickly realized there would be no left overs. Every dish was fantastic and rivaled any of the modern Italian places I've eaten at in NYC or abroad. Great place and we will return..again, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding Mealpinebeltdave12Dined on 10/1/2014Sleek and urbane, Cafe Luna is a restaurant that every food lover must add to their destination list. From the discreet and impeccable service, a very well rounded wine list, to the expertly prepared dishes, every moment in this Route 9 gem was memorable. We loved the Zucchini blossoms, bursting with cheese and delicately fried, and the imported buffalo mozzarella hit just the right notes of tangy and creamy. Our host, Eric, guided us to the Texas rib eye, which was so marbled as to be creamy and bursting with flavor, and the veal chop, pounded thin and layered with prosciutto and fontina with a truffle demi glace. Don't skip dessert, they're made in house,( the bread pudding is to die for). We will definitely dine there again. Soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing once againjerseygirlfoodDined on 9/20/2014Dined here for a second weekend in a row. Food and service were outstanding once again!Special Features:
- Can always count on LunaDFlappsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food again and again. Very happy with the service and attention to us. Most consistent restaurant in Central NJ for a nice night and a great meal.
- ExcellentBeukeboomDined on 8/9/2014Moved into the area a year ago and have tried many restaurants that are new to us. This is by far our favorite. Staff is very friendly, courteous and attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Meal!PleasedPalateDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Cafe Luna nearly since it opened! There are ample menu choices and specials. We always enjoy the food and ample portions. Management is always visible and attending to patron needs thus making the service excellent. The bar drinks are not watered down and nicely presented. A highly recommended neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4EspositosDined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite restarueant after only going twice for dinner. We loved everything we ordered and they are very accommodating to your meal. Had chili and sea bass, flounder, pork chops, veal chops and chicken and veal piccata they were all deliciouse and served hot to perfection. I would recommend this place to all.Special Features:
- Pricey specialsNJFANSDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, but there is a large disconnect between prices for menu items and those for nightly specials. The veal dishes at around $19 were a good value, but the Chilean sea bass, though good, was not at $39. It was our fault for not inquiring about the price before ordering.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Cafe Luna of Old Bridge reviews archive.
- Amazing food at reasonable prices!2frequentdinersVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sorry we didn't find this gem sooner. Food was exceptional and portions generous. Our waiter, Eric, was attentive and very efficient. My husband started with eggplant rollatini followed by veal valentino for his main course. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. I ordered the tri color salad for my appetizer and the grilled veal chop for dinner. The salad was fresh and crisp and the veal was the best I've had in a long time. It was perfectly prepared and served with sautéed spinach. Even the desserts were exceptional. So glad we finally found a great Italian restaurant! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findglillyDined on 7/19/2014I am new to the area and actually found this restaurant online, but will be back for sure. The food was great and the portions are ample. Coming from the NYC area I am usually very picky, but this place did not let me down. The only thing I can say is that they should update their menu as 3 out of the 4 of us ordered something and they said we no longer have that we need to change our menu. I would say that is something that would deter most.Special Features:
- ExcellentannetteVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful menu, large portions and very tasty! Very nice staff. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been dining here a couple of years now, and never had a bad meal! The staff is on point. The owner himself is very warm and accommodating to his customers.Special Features:
- tatasantaDined on 7/12/2014We had dinner with friends saturday evening. Food was good and presented well. The dessert, cannoli's, was excellent. We all enjoyed our dinner and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Never been here, last minute decision to try it out and it was a great one. Extensive menu, food fabulous, specials galore, yummy cocktails.. Service and patrons all friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodJesseRDined on 7/3/2014Another Italian restaurant in an area crowded with fine Italian restaurants. The food & atmosphere were good, but was turned off when I asked to change my order to pasta with my veal instead of mashed potatoes, BEFORE we were served our appetizer (which was overcooked fried calamari), and was told that the order was placed & it was TOO LATE! It's ridiculous that a simple change could not be made, especially when the mashed potatoes were on everyone's plate so they weren't making just for me, & how long does it take to make penne?!! I'm sure the waiter just didn't want to be bothered changing the order! So nothing special here to make me want to rush back, especially with Meza Luna, That's Amore, & other fine Italian restaurants close by!Special Features:
- found you online - great findAnneSDined on 6/28/2014We really enjoyed the meal and especially amazed how the waiters/patrons didn't all collide going in/out of the kitchen/restroom area. (That round table not the best in the house) The meal was terrific, very nice portions, nice service. Tried finding a new halfway point between Long Island and Philly area and this was about 60 miles for each. A great find and we'll do it again.Special Features:
- Absolutely love this place!!Neen918Dined on 6/21/2014The resturant is very classy. The service was everything you would expect, Matt was our waiter who was very personable. The food was amazing!!! We liked it so much we are booking it for our wedding reception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food was fine--but a little bland and too much oil on some of the pasta dishes; very noisySpecial Features:
- Best restaurant around!MarlboroDinerDined on 6/7/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times now. It's fabulous! Food is the best around. Decor is modern. Staff is all friendly. They do have a liquor license which is rare in New Jersey. Their specialty salads are to die for. Presentation of good is well done. Portions are a good size. I just love everything about this place and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 nd time hereGarthdineVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was amazing I bought my children, it is a little loud but that brings a cheerful atmosphere. Food prices are good. Liquer however is almost like NY city prices , I think someone forgot to tell them there in Nj now. All in all still my favorite Italian place
- DisappointingLeeleeDined on 5/18/2014I have been going to Cafe Luna in Stateb Island at both locations for years. I have never been disappointed at those locations. The food was always delicious and service was superb. The service at the Old Bridge location was very slow getting the dishes out and the food was subpar. I would not recommend anyone to eat at the Old Bridge location. It was very expensive and not worth the money. Save your money and go somewhere else.Special Features:
- AlanDiverDined on 5/17/2014Food very good and in line with prices. Way too noisy must have been there at a bad time, lots of noisy kids. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemGarthdineVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had a great time here the food was awesome. Will be back. This is our new Italian spot.Special Features:
- Always greatMimiDined on 5/9/2014We go to Cafe Luna often and are never disappointed. The food is constantly good and the service is top notch. If it's for lunch at the bar or dinner with friends, it's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!GbgbDined on 5/2/2014Very good food with large portions. Entree pricing was reasonable but the apps seemed a bit high. Would go back and order fewer items, but overall very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureDonMDined on 4/5/2014As fans of their Staten Island success, we were pleased to have them open nearby. We have frequented them often since there opening in Old Brisge and have never been disappointed. Food is excellent, drinks are top notch and the wine list is great. A great vibrant spot for excellent Italian food.Special Features: