Cafe Luna of Old Bridge
3679 US 9 North
Old Bridge, NJ 08857Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Luna of Old Bridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7329655490
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur 11:30am-10:00pm Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm Sun 11:30am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chicco Asante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Luna of Old Bridge
After over 20 years of serving fine Italian cuisine in New York City, we are proud to announce our newest location in Old Bridge New Jersey. Join us under the stars in our romantic dining area, lounge or upscale bar, serving our authentic Sicilian Cuisine, delectable desserts and extensive wine list. We pride ourselves on serving the finest ingredients in every dish. Whether you’re having an intimate dinner or seeking to host a special event, happy hour, or other occasion, Café Luna of Oldbridge will provide a dining experience that is out of this world!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cafe Luna of Old Bridge - Best Restaurants in Old Bridge ›
Cafe Luna of Old Bridge reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Yum!DpaceVIPDined on 10/27/2014Cafe Luna always provides a delicious meal and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding EveningReservationsqueenDined on 10/24/2014The baked calamari is my favorite dish here. If you are really hungry and love veal Parmesan ...order it on the bone. It is spectacular! The wait staff are on their toes running around taking care of anything you need. Excellent drinks from the bar. Leave extra room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over &AboveNJGolferDined on 10/11/2014Eric (manager) and Joey (waiter) went over and above to make our experience a great one. The food is always outstanding, but it is the people who make the difference. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service disappointedpsychlanceVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was very slow and I did not feel attended to at all,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was not as good as previous visit. Will give it another try
- Special Experiencefood2bellyDined on 10/3/2014We were surprised to find this new gem in a strip mall next to a Tire Shop. However, upon entering you quickly forget the neighboring establishments. Cool modern decor and a menu to match. We had a group of 7 and each ordered something different - pasta, fish, pork chop, chicken, pizza... Serving sizes were a bit overwhelming at first glance - but once everyone dove in and began to taste the food, we quickly realized there would be no left overs. Every dish was fantastic and rivaled any of the modern Italian places I've eaten at in NYC or abroad. Great place and we will return..again, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding Mealpinebeltdave12Dined on 10/1/2014Sleek and urbane, Cafe Luna is a restaurant that every food lover must add to their destination list. From the discreet and impeccable service, a very well rounded wine list, to the expertly prepared dishes, every moment in this Route 9 gem was memorable. We loved the Zucchini blossoms, bursting with cheese and delicately fried, and the imported buffalo mozzarella hit just the right notes of tangy and creamy. Our host, Eric, guided us to the Texas rib eye, which was so marbled as to be creamy and bursting with flavor, and the veal chop, pounded thin and layered with prosciutto and fontina with a truffle demi glace. Don't skip dessert, they're made in house,( the bread pudding is to die for). We will definitely dine there again. Soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing once againjerseygirlfoodDined on 9/20/2014Dined here for a second weekend in a row. Food and service were outstanding once again!Special Features:
- Can always count on LunaDFlappsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food again and again. Very happy with the service and attention to us. Most consistent restaurant in Central NJ for a nice night and a great meal.
- ExcellentBeukeboomDined on 8/9/2014Moved into the area a year ago and have tried many restaurants that are new to us. This is by far our favorite. Staff is very friendly, courteous and attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Meal!PleasedPalateDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Cafe Luna nearly since it opened! There are ample menu choices and specials. We always enjoy the food and ample portions. Management is always visible and attending to patron needs thus making the service excellent. The bar drinks are not watered down and nicely presented. A highly recommended neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4EspositosDined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite restarueant after only going twice for dinner. We loved everything we ordered and they are very accommodating to your meal. Had chili and sea bass, flounder, pork chops, veal chops and chicken and veal piccata they were all deliciouse and served hot to perfection. I would recommend this place to all.Special Features:
- Pricey specialsNJFANSDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, but there is a large disconnect between prices for menu items and those for nightly specials. The veal dishes at around $19 were a good value, but the Chilean sea bass, though good, was not at $39. It was our fault for not inquiring about the price before ordering.
- Amazing food at reasonable prices!2frequentdinersVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sorry we didn't find this gem sooner. Food was exceptional and portions generous. Our waiter, Eric, was attentive and very efficient. My husband started with eggplant rollatini followed by veal valentino for his main course. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. I ordered the tri color salad for my appetizer and the grilled veal chop for dinner. The salad was fresh and crisp and the veal was the best I've had in a long time. It was perfectly prepared and served with sautéed spinach. Even the desserts were exceptional. So glad we finally found a great Italian restaurant! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findglillyDined on 7/19/2014I am new to the area and actually found this restaurant online, but will be back for sure. The food was great and the portions are ample. Coming from the NYC area I am usually very picky, but this place did not let me down. The only thing I can say is that they should update their menu as 3 out of the 4 of us ordered something and they said we no longer have that we need to change our menu. I would say that is something that would deter most.Special Features:
- ExcellentannetteVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful menu, large portions and very tasty! Very nice staff. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been dining here a couple of years now, and never had a bad meal! The staff is on point. The owner himself is very warm and accommodating to his customers.Special Features:
- tatasantaDined on 7/12/2014We had dinner with friends saturday evening. Food was good and presented well. The dessert, cannoli's, was excellent. We all enjoyed our dinner and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Never been here, last minute decision to try it out and it was a great one. Extensive menu, food fabulous, specials galore, yummy cocktails.. Service and patrons all friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodJesseRDined on 7/3/2014Another Italian restaurant in an area crowded with fine Italian restaurants. The food & atmosphere were good, but was turned off when I asked to change my order to pasta with my veal instead of mashed potatoes, BEFORE we were served our appetizer (which was overcooked fried calamari), and was told that the order was placed & it was TOO LATE! It's ridiculous that a simple change could not be made, especially when the mashed potatoes were on everyone's plate so they weren't making just for me, & how long does it take to make penne?!! I'm sure the waiter just didn't want to be bothered changing the order! So nothing special here to make me want to rush back, especially with Meza Luna, That's Amore, & other fine Italian restaurants close by!Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the Cafe Luna of Old Bridge reviews archive.
- found you online - great findAnneSDined on 6/28/2014We really enjoyed the meal and especially amazed how the waiters/patrons didn't all collide going in/out of the kitchen/restroom area. (That round table not the best in the house) The meal was terrific, very nice portions, nice service. Tried finding a new halfway point between Long Island and Philly area and this was about 60 miles for each. A great find and we'll do it again.Special Features:
- Absolutely love this place!!Neen918Dined on 6/21/2014The resturant is very classy. The service was everything you would expect, Matt was our waiter who was very personable. The food was amazing!!! We liked it so much we are booking it for our wedding reception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food was fine--but a little bland and too much oil on some of the pasta dishes; very noisySpecial Features:
- Best restaurant around!MarlboroDinerDined on 6/7/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times now. It's fabulous! Food is the best around. Decor is modern. Staff is all friendly. They do have a liquor license which is rare in New Jersey. Their specialty salads are to die for. Presentation of good is well done. Portions are a good size. I just love everything about this place and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 nd time hereGarthdineVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was amazing I bought my children, it is a little loud but that brings a cheerful atmosphere. Food prices are good. Liquer however is almost like NY city prices , I think someone forgot to tell them there in Nj now. All in all still my favorite Italian place
- DisappointingLeeleeDined on 5/18/2014I have been going to Cafe Luna in Stateb Island at both locations for years. I have never been disappointed at those locations. The food was always delicious and service was superb. The service at the Old Bridge location was very slow getting the dishes out and the food was subpar. I would not recommend anyone to eat at the Old Bridge location. It was very expensive and not worth the money. Save your money and go somewhere else.Special Features:
- AlanDiverDined on 5/17/2014Food very good and in line with prices. Way too noisy must have been there at a bad time, lots of noisy kids. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemGarthdineVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had a great time here the food was awesome. Will be back. This is our new Italian spot.Special Features:
- Always greatMimiDined on 5/9/2014We go to Cafe Luna often and are never disappointed. The food is constantly good and the service is top notch. If it's for lunch at the bar or dinner with friends, it's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!GbgbDined on 5/2/2014Very good food with large portions. Entree pricing was reasonable but the apps seemed a bit high. Would go back and order fewer items, but overall very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureDonMDined on 4/5/2014As fans of their Staten Island success, we were pleased to have them open nearby. We have frequented them often since there opening in Old Brisge and have never been disappointed. Food is excellent, drinks are top notch and the wine list is great. A great vibrant spot for excellent Italian food.Special Features:
- PleasedhonestDined on 4/4/2014Good place to meet friends. Decent wine list they need to work on some more interesting beers. Overall service was very good as was the food. They could be a little more friendly to us non meat, fish or chicken eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDianeVIPDined on 3/22/2014We were a party of 8 for a girls night/birthday celebration.Adam was our waiter and he was beyond wonderful. The food was very very good.Special Features:
- The décor in the restaurantoutforfunDined on 3/22/2014The décor in the restaurant was very contemporary. However, because there are no curtains or carpets, the noise level was quiet loud. We were with another couple and it was difficult to hear each other. In all fairness, there were 2 parties going on as well. The food was excellent and served in a timely manner, not rushed. The service was okay, no one was rude, but not overly friendly. I would probably go back again, maybe for lunch this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but theTimODined on 3/8/2014The food was good but the wait was too long. Appitizers were served more than half an hour after we ordered. Dinner took almost two hours to serve. Food was delicious but my group of 6 was "starving" by the time we ate. All in all it was a nice night out with friends and we all left satisfied. P.S. After dinner the waiter brought over a round of cordials on the house. Good touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRIGIRLDined on 2/21/2014Read all the positive reviews so was primed for a good experience. The food, in my opinion was not great. Had the salmon with mustard sauce. Thank God the waiter suggested the sauce on the side because it was basically mayo, not as described on the menu. Salmon was good. Potatoes looked terrific, but weren't even room temperture. Overall, for the money, this will be our last trip to Cafe Luna.
- ConsistentLeeloDined on 2/9/2014Cafe Luna is a great place to dine. The specials are unique and fresh. The restaurant is clean and the service is good. There are lots of healthy options to choose from and the prices are fair. Saturday nights are a bit more noisy but, I have found that to be the same in all of the local places. Go another night of the week if you can but, you will enjoy good food no matter what night you go. This is among the best Italian food in Monmouth County - no kidding. I am extremely choosy, have dined here often and can honestly say, I have never had a meal I did not enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was great the noise wasZoeyDined on 1/25/2014All was great the noise was bad you could not hear friends talk MikeSpecial Features:
- Great Night Out.JoetheBuilderDined on 12/21/2013The Night went completely Perfect, food to service to wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe LunaBethalaDined on 12/7/2013I would definitely recommend this place for a nice evening out with friends. Great service, management is very nice, food was very good, moderately priced, etc. All in all, a very nice place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.