467 5th Avenue South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafelunanaples.com/
- Phone: (239) 213-2212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eddie Marchese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cafe Luna
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Luna - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Cafe Luna reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (12)scenic view (10)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Love this PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014We come back time after time, as a couple and when we have visitors to Naples. The dinner deal is excellent value for the price, and we enjoy the down home feel of Café Luna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014I've eaten at Cafe Luna several times over several years and I am amazed that the food is consistently excellent. I had the chicken picatta last weekend and it was excellent. My mom got Steak Diane and the steak was delicious so tender and flavorful. Amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 5th Avenue GemKarenanneDined on 11/18/2014Great place with good food and very efficient, friendly staff. We will certainly return and bring friends to enjoy this wonderful gem of a dining establishment. The chicken parm is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor diningwbdinersDined on 11/11/2014We have dined several times over the years at Café Luna and always enjoy the ambiance. Service was excellent and we enjoyed our food in the package deal with the upgraded grouper and penne & broccoli. Plan to visit again several times during the season before returning to Ontario in April.Special Features:
- great find!lovethefamDined on 11/5/2014Host was so nice and friendly. We ate outside. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night, Great service.bclynnfieldDined on 11/3/2014We took our team out to dinner here 2 nights ago. It was a great experience, Buck our waiter was fabulous. We joke a lot and he played right along with us at the same time suggesting appetizers, drinks, etc. We are in the restaurant business ourselves, all 6 of us and there was not one complaint. As you know we can be very big critics being that we are in the same industry. Good times were had by all and the food was piping hot and delicious. We ordered from the 2 for $29.99 menu which included a bottle of house wine. We tried the house wine and it was decent for a house wine. Some of the guys drink wine daily and they thought it was fine without even upgrading which we normally would do. California blend. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good...experience wasn't!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We made reservations and arrived a few minutes early. Upon arrival we requested inside dining vs outdoors. We were advised to wait in the bar area. After 15 minutes or so an inside table was given to two other people that arrived after we had. The hostess came over and said it'll be just a few more minutes. Shortly thereafter she said we have a special table for you and she escorted us to the table only to discover it was already taken. She said wait here (in front of a musician). She returned stating the other woman really screwed up! After another 10 minutes when we were told the only option is to sit outside and that "we are going to take care if you for our mistake". Needless to say, other than our waiter we never saw management againSpecial Features:
- Happy Halloween the place to be!!FoodDivaVIPDined on 10/31/2014We had a great meal under difficult, crazy conditions on Halloween. It was bedlam, but our waitress persevered through the noise and chaos. The hostess kept her cool while 20 people yelled names at her. Food came out of the kitchen quickly in spite of them being full to capacity.Special Features:
- very fun!givemeabiteDined on 10/31/2014We visited Cafe Luna after the Halloween festival. The street was busy and bustling! The owner was running the front desk efficiently and politely even through the chaos. Our server was well versed in the menu and had no trouble with the large crowd. Food was authentic and delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a few minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014I made reservation at Cafe Luna for 7 pm for 4 people last Friday night. We were entertaining out of town guest. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were told that "it will be just a few minutes; please wait in front (as they do not have pagers). Bottom line - we were seated at 7:40. My only gripe is ..... I would have preferred honesty. If we were told "I'm sorry; we are running behind schedule, and we won't be able to seat you for 30-40 minutes." That would have been ok with us. It would have given us a chance to stroll along 5th Ave, enjoy a cocktail or watch sunset. Instead we were held captive for 40 minutes standing in front of the restaurant. Highly irritating and poorly managed.
- Great halloween dinnerEatandenjoy2Dined on 10/31/2014Made reservation for Halloween nite to celebrate our first time in naples florida. They have a awesome party on fifth street music , costumes and trick or treat. I picked this restaurant because it was in the middle of everything going on. I asked for a outside table and they made that request come true. The food was great. My husband is gluten free and they have a gluten free menu which made me very happy . He could enjoy pasta and wine for dinner. Our server DeeDee was great she manage to keep our service above average even with this large crowd. I would choose this restaurant again and would recommend it to anyone visiting naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on HalloweenJade9913VIPDined on 10/31/2014We had great service and food. It is always a good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dealGDawgVIPDined on 10/30/2014Lots of good food and fun. The wine included was a great bonus. So was our super server, Terri.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food And ServiceIluvmynaplesdiningDined on 10/18/2014We had a group of 5- the ambience was energetic- it was a little loud so that needs to be taken into account. We had an 88 yo with us and it was probably too loud for her-we were seated out side near the sidewalk. The food was awesome- great pizza sauce and marinara sauce! Salads were great as well as drinks! It is now on our list of one of our 'go to" restaurants! Also Dee Dee was awesome waitress!!Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!MaxGDined on 10/18/2014Really good Italian food at this downtown Naples restaurant. The two dinners and bottle of wine special for $30 can't be beat. Great spot for people watching. The garlic knots are yummy also. Very busy spot so recommend making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at a great priceStamina3Dined on 10/17/2014Shared a small Caesar, Cecchi wine and two entres of clams w/white sauce. At least a dozen clams in the shells served w this dish. Delicious. Our waiter, Art was excellent. We had a great table outside. Request outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit and a misstaptapDined on 10/16/2014Service was prompt,friendly and efficient. My dinner (eggplant) was all mushy bread and not edible. My husbands veal was good and he finished it all. The waitress recognized the error and compensated with a choice of a bill reduction or dessert. I picked dessert. We have been to Cafe Luna frequently and will come back again.Special Features:
- nonameDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I have always enjoyed dining at Café Luna. This time we had our family from Chicago here to visit and they said make sure you make reservations when we come back for Spring break. Loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Second time we have been here, always excellent food, our waiter Lawrence was excellent tooSpecial Features:
- Good ValueYanceyVIPDined on 10/1/2014We were greeted by Dave, the Maitre 'd, in a warm and friendly manner. He advised us to make a reservation and to request outdoor seating, if we wanted it, and even a specific table. Our waiter, Courtney, who was from Jamaica, was competent, knowledgable, and personable. The Veally Good Deal food and wine were tasty, making this evening a good value and pleasant dining experience. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Px48180Dined on 9/21/2014Almost great and a solid 4. Worth a try and a great bargain but not up to quality of other nearby choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal Marsala is great!NaplesLocalVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed our food, but the the two loud tables of women next to us did not make it very enjoyable. Also, the fan blowing really fast towards my head was not very pleasant and it made my food get cold really quick. We will be back, since we did enjoy our Caesar salads and veal Marsala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & WineChuckDined on 9/20/2014Nice place to go with friends. Two meals and a bottle of wine is good deal. Meals can be upgraded by $5.00 and $10.00 each but then does not seems like such a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellent!!!!!DivineDiningDined on 9/9/2014Food was soooo good. Service was top notch. Nice outdoor dining. Great food and service but very reasonable prices. Casual and comfortable. My new fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable evening on 5th AveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Very good food and a great place for people watching on 5th ave. The service was excellent and we enjoyed the energy all around us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food wonderfulDebbieDined on 8/23/2014We sat outside and the food and service were excellent , it is a nice people watching spot, Would go back again. The 2 dinners and a bottle of wine deal was perfect, 29.99. Visiting from ny area and wonderful Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Great Downtown Naples RestaurantEleFlamencoDined on 8/21/2014We came to the restaurant to see El Gato Solea, a great guitarist we heard was playing there. Wasn't too sure about the restaurant itself because I had seen mixed reviews. In the end, we were very glad we went. Our waiter was very nice, the food was good and the price was unbeatable for a Downtown Naples restaurant. The ambiance was great listening to the guitarist who was fantastic too. Really liked the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LelyDined on 8/12/2014One of our 3 main meals was bland and unappetising, the other 3 meals were passable.
- RICODined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our meal. Wendy is a great singer. Good evening. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Luna ImprovedGoodeatsVIPDined on 8/9/2014I think most people come here for the Combo Pricing Specials. It can be an off-on with service and food. This time, we had very attentive service, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicegolfputzDined on 8/2/2014seems like when waiter found out we were doing the 29.99 special, he got lost, had to ask for bread and bottle of wine. for 29.99 u get u pay for, nothing special. live in naples, will never go back or rec.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodVjtcDined on 8/1/2014The food was fabulous. We upgraded one of our dinner salad to a wedge salad. That along with the included Cesar salad were both delicious, so was the bread. Our entees were the daily catch which was Red Snapper and Shrimp Scampi. Both portions were large... Leaving no room for dessert!!!Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014The way we were treated and the friendliness of the staff were only surpassed by the quality of the food. We were amazed at the quality and quantity of the food. We would recommend it to anyone regardless of the type of dining preference.Special Features:
- Cafe Luna ExoerienceUncinmiVIPDined on 7/30/2014For a Restuarant with more than one location the good was great. The roasted pepper gnocchi were outstanding. Although the waitress was accommodating her overly sweet act was not necessary. As a local I would definitely returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 533 reviews are from the Cafe Luna reviews archive.
- good bargainbirthdaydinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The special two entrees and a bottle of wine was pleasant and reasonable. Wine was decent table white or merlot.Special Features:
- BusyWeinkDined on 7/24/2014Our waitor was so busy that he really was not around. He was rushed and paid little attention to us. The guitar player was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Veal ParmesanbkmartellVIPDined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed our evening at Cafe Luna. The Veal Parmesan was excellent. We requested inside seating as it is summer. Did find inside to be a little dark but better than the warmth outside. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free availableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Love their dedication to gluten-free menu items for diners who can't have gluten! Great gluten-free pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticnickVIPDined on 7/21/2014Great food great value. Not a high end place, but a great place for a casual dine on 5 th aveSpecial Features:
- Can't go wrongchoosewiselyVIPDined on 7/19/2014It's always a fun night here. The outside seating is a busy, vibrant patio. The wine and dine deal always make you feel like you are getting your money's worth. We have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.