235 Healdsburg Ave. Suite 105
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelucia.net/
- Phone: 7074311113x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 11:30 am-3:00p
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Cafe Lucia
Just steps away from Healdsburg’s landmark plaza, Café Lucia offers Cozinha Nova PortuguesaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (57)great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (26)great for lunch (22)romantic (21)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014My bottle of wine (a pinot noir) arrived so warm I had to ask for it to be put in the freezer for 10 minutes. The food was only OK. For the fresh sardine appetizer the sardines were quite large and had a strong "fishy" flavor. The pork roulade was over cooked and dry although it came with a very tasty, rich demi glaze like sauce. Sadly mediocre overall.
- Great discoveryCaliforniaJeanDined on 8/23/2014Loved our dinner here last night. Beautiful indoors and out, and the food (and prices) made us want to go back and try more yummy things the next time. The feijoada was especially good. I would have liked the octopus to be more simply prepared (grilled with lemon and garlic?), but the rest of the tascas were delicious. Like I said, we will return!Special Features:
- Awesome Food and AmbienceamorecomerDined on 8/19/2014Cafe Lucia is a total neighborhood gem. With awesome food for everyone and great service. I feel very fortunate that it is part of our community.Special Features:
- Food & Service excellentMegTDined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious, memorable & well-presented. Our server was very knowledgeable & personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portugese DelightJimSDined on 8/12/2014We tried Cafe Lucia in Healdsburg because we have been to Portugal and wanted to see how Portugese food here compared to there. We were not disappointed! The patio looked inviting but it was chilly so we ate inside. We were promptly greeted by our waiter who soon brought a delicious amuse bouche (sp?). The meal was very good with nicely spiced pork, fish, and scallops. Our waiter paced things well. It all brought back fond memories of Portugal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nuevo Portugueseluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014I had the herb fettuccine with scallops. It was great, al dente tossed with parmesan, cherry tomatoes and small, succulent chunks of chorizo. My wife had the sea bass, also excellent, with a light, white wine based sauce. The tomato, mozzarella salad in olive oil was also great. The decor, service and ambience were all memorable. Easily 4.5 out of 5 stars, and paradoxically family and foodie. One of many great restaurants in the crown jewel of wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a hidden gemMfishesqVIPDined on 8/9/2014Down a little street from ally lies one of the most unique and tantalizing dining experience we have enjoyed. Cafe' Lucia boast a fresh local ingredient infused Portuguese dining experience that will tantalize your taste buds. While it was too cold to sit outside that evening, their quiet outdoor dining spot has promise on a beautiful day or evening. Don't miss thi one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiningVinnieDined on 8/9/2014We chose Cafe Lucia because we wanted something different and authentic. We ordered a Brazilian Beef dish cooked slowly with black beans and a pork and seafood special. Both entrees were quite good and something we would not cook ourselves. Exactly what we were looking for. The service was excellent and we were greeted and seated by the owner. We will definitely be back when we visit Sonoma County. The only thing I would recommend is keep advertising and promoting Lucia. It is located a bit off the street and no one can see the lovely outdoor area until they walk well into the block. Perhaps an easel and poster would help with a picture of the restaurant. Lovely place and we want them to stay in business!Special Features:
- Authentic Portuguese cuisine!2PortageeGalsDined on 8/8/2014We are both Portuguese and have grown up eating Portuguese food, so this restaurant has been on our list to try. When we arrived, we noticed there were two seating areas, inside the restuarant and a patio courtyard. Since it was our anniversary, we chose to sit in the quiter restaurant area, but the patio really looked like fun. We started with a great wine and the sardine appetizers. Scrumptuous. For the main courses, we chose feijoada and Alentejo-style pork and clams. Our dessert was a trio of caramel-flavored goodies. A perfect ending. In fact, everything was SO good we purchased the beautiful cookbook for sale in the restaurant. We've been to Portugal many times, trust us, this is the real deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY OUTDOOR LUNCHItIsIDined on 8/6/2014Great outdoor patio. great service. delicious portugese lunch. especially tripe and beans, octopus appetizer, ice cream and sorbet plate (not portugese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on the top of your list!ABrownNJDined on 8/4/2014We hadn't seen a lot of mention about this restaurant, but being curious about the Portuguese menu, we wanted to try it. Wow! Don't hesitate to put this on your list of top restaurants in the area! The food was out of this world, and we could have eaten anything on the menu which made it hard to choose. I requested one change to what I ordered, and they graciously accommodated that. Wine list was fun with the ability to order flights to taste. Fantastic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined Portuguese cuisinegv0404Dined on 8/2/2014Don't be fooled with "cafe" in the restaurant's name. Perfectly prepared and presented dishes, desserts to die for, the wine list with good selection of Portuguese and Sonoma wines. It's a bit different from what one can experience in Lisbon, but it's very Portuguese nevertheless. Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The food and service were very good. Very few customers, though.
- Enjoyable break from Wine TastingMaryDVIPDined on 7/29/2014Cafe Lucia was a lovely restaurant right off the square in Healdsburg. We arrive later in the day and were treated very well by a friendly and attentive waitress. The food was excellent and it was a quiet off the main road setting. You might be a bit daunted since it is hidden in a plaza but one could eat inside or outside and enjoy the decor. They had strings of lights overhead on the patio so it does make me wonder if it would be a nice spot for dinner. I highly recommend trying Cafe Lucia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top qualityBaywandererVIPDined on 7/28/2014Highly sophisticated and tasty food in a lovely setting.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious foodTerrificTravelerDined on 7/22/2014The food here was exquisite. All of us (6) thought it tasted marvelous. I had a great fisherman's stew full of lovely fresh shellfish. However, I would have been happier if they had paid more attention to sustainable sources for their seafood. My vegetarian companion had the vegetarian entree, an egg in a next of squash. He said it was great, but was still hungry after eating it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WedontneednonicknamesVIPDined on 7/20/2014The Portugese wines by the glass were nicely chosen.The cucumber amuse was interesting,different and very tasty.The tomato gazpacho was excellent as was the mussels.The New York Steak was expertly prepared (Portugese style) and the pork and clam special was great too.The desserts were to die for! The trio of chocolates was scrumptious as was the four sorbets.We will be back again.Special Features:
- FinerThingsInLifeFinerThingsInLifeDined on 7/19/2014I recently visited Cafe Lucia with a friend for dinner, actually my friend, very much alive, and lively, had a delightful, very flavorful sea bass dish, and I dawdled over a fantastic shellfish bisque, a joy to the palate. The food was exceptional, the ambience was restful, and romantic, and relatively quiet, acoustically, for a very popular place, on a Saturday night in Healdsburg, unusual, and wonderful. We found we could actually carry on a quiet, if animated, conversation, and not have to guess every third word! The server was very attentive, and knowledgeable about fine cuisine, and Portuguese in particular. The chef started us with a complimentary palate-awakening 'shooter', a remarkable "salad in a shot glass"! "Top knotch!" ;DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014This is a very nice Portugese restaurant. The food was super, with lots of authentic options. It was quirt and comfortable, with an outside seating area. Service was excellent, attentive and friendly. Prices were also reasonable. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findtime2eatDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem in Healdsburg down an alley and could easily be missed. The food is beautifully prepared and delicious. We have had several meals there and all have been a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude hostess, walked outsunchaserDined on 7/12/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were given a choice of indoors or out. We choose out since it was a beautiful evening and were seated on the patio, where we quickly discovered it was a wind tunnel. After shivering for 10 minutes (with no further contact from the waiter) I asked the hostess to be reseated inside. She said we were late for our reservation, apparently having forgotten leaving us out in the wind. I pointed out we had been there at that point for easily 20 minutes and it was just 5 minutes past our reservation time, but she said there was nothing inside and we could wait 30 minutes if we wanted to move. If she had been even an iota sympathetic we might have stayed, but as it was we left. And won't be back.
- Disappointing!TobyVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food did not live up to the menu. Flavors were not as vibrant as menu suggested. My dish with pork, beef, sausage and black beans was short on meat and black beans lacked flavor. Overall our party of 6 was disappointed. After a pre-dinner perusal of the menu on the Internet/ Trip Advisor and 2 of our group having experienced Portuguese food in Portugal, the food and flavors did not live up to our expectations.
- LindyRochelleLindyRochelleDined on 7/9/2014Delicious. Nonalcoholic appertif and desert extras. Gourmet. Portions a little small. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMRONEVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a delightful Sunday lunch on the patio. The restaurant was very quiet. I enjoyed fresh gazpacho and an unusual Dungeness crab pita melt sandwich and my wife enjoyed beautifully prepared scallops.Special Features:
- Very good, across the board!sffoodieDined on 7/5/2014Haven't had Portuguese food before, so we were happy to try Cafe Lucia, based on other reviews. A good combination of rustic specialties (like the cod & potato casserole) and lighter offerings, such as pasta with scallops and linguica. The heirloom tomato salad looked delicious, and I enjoyed my kale salad--both warm and cool, spicy and sweet. Dessert (the passion fruit special, with fig cake and mango) was a delight. Very attentive service, not too intrusive.Special Features:
- So many tastes!!!!!MurphDined on 7/3/2014The food was very, very good! I wanted to give 5 stars for both food and service but the feijoada was gristly and my side dish was served in-between appetizer and entrée because the kitchen "made it too early." We sat in the patio which was a really cool space but it needed some background music. All in all I will definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Healdsburg!SofiVIPDined on 7/3/2014Ambiance is modern yet warm and relaxing. Menu imaginative and food pleasing to the eye and just delicious. The Portugese influence adds that extra flavor and texture to quality ingredients. The Portugese wine flight options are a great value and just adds to the experience. Service both friendly and professional, a rare combination. It's a must stop for dinner or lunch in Healdsburg. In town but a little hard to find for some folks but worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicatesckwokVIPDined on 7/3/2014foods are delicate and worth a try, the patio seating is great on a warm day. service is good alsoSpecial Features:
- Must missBarbaraVIPDined on 6/27/2014The sangria tasted like kool-aid and the entrees were so over salted they were not edible. With so many amazing restaurants in Healdsburg I don't see how they will survive. Have eaten here 3 times - tried to give this place a fair chance. Done with it.
- Thank's to JenbillsVIPDined on 6/25/2014I took my clients, who live in Healdsburg, to Cafe Lucia for lunch on Weds, June 25th. I know of both of the Chef/owners restaurants - Lucia and LaSalette in Sonoma - but hadn't been to either. As my clients lived in Healdsburg & hadn't been to Lucia it seemed like the perfect opportunity. We arrived & were greated warmly. Jen was our server. We ordered Portuguese wine to start & then 3 entrees. The Fishermans Stew, Pasta w/Day Boat Scallops & Feijoada Completa. Each of the entrees was meticulously prepared & plated and all were delicious. We enjoyed desserts, the Chocolate & Caramel which were a chocolate mousse w/gelee & chocolate sorbee & the creme brulee w/caramel chocolate ice cream & pecan boat. simply wonderful. I will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!edsanfranVIPDined on 6/23/2014Had lunch with a few friends and everything was perfect. Started off with some soft and tasty rolls, and the entrees were substantial and completely delicious. We had the linguini with scallops, paella, and the pork special. It could not have been lovelier. Highly, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden little gem in HealdsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014I have lived in Healdsburg for 24 years, and have never experienced a restaurant quite like Cafe Lucia. From the romantic lighting, to the outdoor seating, they make every meal there spectacular. I eat here often because I know I will have amazing attentive service from their wonderful servers, and I know that my meal, made by Jason their chef (who will come out and made sure things are just how you want them), is always made fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious foodsharonsDined on 6/21/2014I came home and put a review on Trip Advisor right away. There were 3 of us for lunch, and we all agreed that the food was incredibly good. The Portuguese rolls, the soup, the mussels, the entrees, the desserts. This was our first time there, and we will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found itValentinesdayDined on 6/15/2014A little hard to find down the alley but well worth it. The food and wine were great. prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel without a passportLastvisitDined on 6/13/2014Why isn't this place mobbed. The food is absolutely superb and the service is flawless. It's like taking a trip to Portugal without the jet lag. Don't miss one of the port flights with dessert.Special Features:
- Secret retreatkw4dinnerDined on 5/31/2014Away from the bustle of Healdsburg Avenue and all the restaurants, tasting rooms, boutiques and tourists is Cafe Lucia. It's down a small alley which leads to a sheltered outdoor patio perfect for drinks and/or dining. The food is very authentic Portuguese faire. The portions are generous and come hot to the table. Waitstaff was very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealSunshineDined on 5/26/2014My friend was visiting from out of town and we had a "girls night out" starting with dinner here. My friend is an incredibly picky eater and can't have certain spices and herbs - Cafe Lucia was incredibly accommodating. I on the other hand can eat anything. We both LOVED our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!3folkseatingoutDined on 5/25/2014A wonderful find in Healdsburg! We had lunch here as a preparation for a trip to Portugal and it was a culinary delight. The wine list was a great blend of Portugese and Calif. fine wines. Not a long list but top quality at reasonable prices. The seafood dishes we had were exceptionally well prepared and presented by a very competent kitchen. The chef is home trained and CIA, St. Helena, trained. What a bright future the 23 year chef has. Tasty food, well presented, friendly staff...a winner all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncommon Menu and Excellent FoodLevny1Dined on 5/24/2014This restaurant stands out from the crowd for its boldness in embracing the vibrant flavors of Portuguese cuisine, and it satisfies with food that is consistently and superbly prepared. It's one of those places where the broad scope of dishes on the menu makes ordering difficult. The sardines with warm onions were the best I've had outside of Europe. The patio is quiet and pleasant, and the dining room is very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced with mediocre foodFairDined on 5/20/2014The setting is nice and we anticipated a great meal. The waitress forgot to order our appetizer, so the entrees came without it. The food presentation was beautiful, but the first thing that caught our attention was the quantity. The entrees were unusually small. The Fisherman's Stew contained 1 tiny scallop, 2 overcooked unshelled prawns, 5 clams (2 were empty), 2 mussels, 1 thin slice of linguica & no lobster. The waitress brought us a sample of the appetizer we missed, "courtesy of the chef," but the scallop was essentially raw and tasteless and we were grateful by that time that the waitress forgot the place the order. We were very disappointed in Cafe Lucia and would never, ever recommend it. A total waste of time and money!