235 Healdsburg Ave. Suite 105
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelucia.net/
- Phone: (707) 431-1113
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 11:30 am-3:00p
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Email inquiries to email@example.com
A word from Cafe Lucia
Just steps away from Healdsburg’s landmark plaza, Café Lucia offers Cozinha Nova PortuguesaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Lucia - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Cafe Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (24)special occasion (21)notable wine list (19)good for groups (16)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Go Eat Here!Ignatz49Dined on 11/15/2014We were a little worried because the restaurant had only a few patrons on a Sunday at 1:15. No worries, the food was amazing! I had a delicious kale salad and then fettuccine with scallops. The fish stew was out of this world as was the Portuguese version of paella. The service was attentive and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty food tucked off the avenueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We had a wonderful meal with great, friendly service. And the desserts were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night sleepy in HealdsburgnashbarbVIPDined on 11/10/2014Very quiet, at least when we were there. We couldn't get excited about the menu so we ate soup and appetizers, all was good quality I'd say. Very good service from "Trinity". It has a courtyard so maybe daytime would be pleasant. Lacked in night time atmosphere. I'd say go for a light dinner.
- Nice lunch spot.hulagirlDined on 11/10/2014I was here for lunch this time. I've eaten here half a dozen times, both lunch and dinner. We sat at a table in the indoor courtyard. The best of an indoor/outdoor feel. The service was very good. It was early though, so I'd expect it to be. We both had the Brazilian national dish. It's usually very good, my companion finished his plate...but I thought my meal seemed like it had been sitting for awhile. The rice had hard outer bits, the dish wasn't hot. The chef sends out a small bite to begin the meal and a chocolate hazelnut bite to complete the meal. This is a very nice touch and both were delicious. I've always enjoyed coming here. The food is usually very good and it's a very nice ambience.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant and staffSweetRudyDined on 11/8/2014I had an amazing experience here on a recent date with someone special. The setting is very romantic in the open courtyard. The food was excellent and presented very elegantly this coming from a foodie who is hard to impress, loved it! I have to give a shout out to our server Jen who was very professional and on top of it, adding to a wonderful evening. There was another staff member Trinity who I struck a conversation with that I found to be quite charming. So there you have it, I can't say enough about this place, if you want to experience a top notch meal at a place that has the entire package Cafe Lucia is for you. I will definitely be back here and soon!Special Features:
- Overpriced for what you getDiningduoDined on 11/8/2014The food was well plated but none of the flavors blew me away. Everything was just okay. If the meal cost half the price I would have been happy with it. We tried two appetizers, two dinners and two deserts each recommended as the best thing on the menu that night, so I feel like we had a broad tasting experience of their menu. The service and atmosphere is quite good and is in fact the most notable part of the cafe.
- loved it would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014we accidently found the restaurant and we are glad we did the food the staff the location and overall the place was well worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Secret Heakdsbug GemPlaysWellWithOthersVIPDined on 11/4/2014I hesitate to write this, as there are some places in Healdsburg that are off the beaten track and we locals want to keep them that way! Lucia is one of those places. If you can find it...enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2014Delightful ambiance, outstanding service, wonderful food, great wine selection for pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Lucia...great experience!RogerHDined on 10/31/2014My GF and I visited Cafe Lucia during the Northern Sonoma County Wine & Food Affair (Nov 2014). I had been to Healdsburg many, many times for these events and have eaten at many restaurants there (some have gone under...) and have to say, Cafe Lucia was a great find! Nicely appointed inside, good food and service was great. That night we had the special (we split it between us) - a whole sea bass on a bed of tomatoes, fingerling potatoes and garlic...amazingly well done bass. We also had salad and the cod cakes as appetizers...also very good. Service was spot on...although it was Halloween evening and the restaurant was not full, we were waited upon nicely. We highly recommend Cafe Lucia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween Dinner2HappyDiners2Dined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our meal with some criticism of a couple of menu items. The complimentary nibble before dinner is presented with an olive that is akin to the plates of olives one can order, that is, they are pitted olives. No the olive could not be skewered along with the Portuguese cheese and sausage if it was not pitted. We love an honest olive with pits and let the diner be warned if the restaurant is in fear of broken bridgework, etc. This time the appetizer of cod cakes were a touch soggy and would have benefited from a hotter pan/oil to crisp the crumbs. Total of 109, & 20 tip ( one shared starter, two glasses of wine and two entrees, no dessert) Not inexpensive. No room for error. Entrees were tasty, nicely prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Portuguese Cuisine in Healdsburgdla911VIPDined on 10/27/2014A variety of excelent Portuguese dishs, like the alcarta stew, from an experience chef. Huge portions, so order carefully. Nice to start with the small bites--the cheeses and serano ham are great. the tradional dessert is worth saving room for. Decent list of Sonoma and Portugueses wines.Special Features:
- Vibrant & Flavorfulluv2dineVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is just off the square and it's definitely worth the find. You enter the restaurant through an atrium setting…you can sit either there or inside. Both offer a nice atmosphere. Our server brought a little taste for us to start that had sausage, cheese and olive. Very nice flavor combination and a nice introduction to their fare. We started with the beetroot salad and enjoyed every bite. Then we tried the Portuguese national soup and loved it. For our entree we shared the pork tenderloin. Once again, we found it very flavorful. The presentation of everything was pleasing to the eye and the taste was very flavorful. Next time we're in Healdsburg, we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Hidden away gemLyricguyDined on 10/25/2014Cafe Lucia offers a taste of Portugal in Healdsburg, California. The menu is interesting with choices that sound, and taste great.Special Features:
- Cafe LuciaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Well prepared and presented Portuguese cuisine in a beautiful romantic setting. Very good Portuguese wine list, which is difficult to readily come by, even in the heart of wine country. Loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Portugese FareNeigbordinerDined on 10/10/2014Dining at Cafe Lucia brought back fond memories of our honeymoon in Portugal many years ago. I have to say the food at the restaurant was more interesting than what we ate at the government-run Posadas in Portugal. The Monterey sardines were done perfectly and with the right mix of onions and vinegar. My fisherman's stew had a delicate broth and the right mix of shellfish. On the other hand, the Alentjano, pork and seafood, had such a salty broth that it could not be finished. The traditional desert trio was scrumptious, our favorite--especially with the port pairing. Nice selection of Portugese and local wines--by the glass or in flights of 3.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSASCTDined on 10/4/2014Nice to find a place with a different menu! The preparation was excellent, good wine list to accompany the food, and the service was just right - we were able to pace our meal, the seating was comfortable, and the room was fairly quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JGMMDined on 10/3/2014Pleasant outdoor seating tucked away off a walk way. Good attentive service with a great fresh kale salad with incredible anchovy vinegerette. The Branzino was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReturnCTwinetouristDined on 9/28/2014Our son gave us a gift certificate and we went on a Sunday evening. We loved the food so much that we took friends back on Wednesday. A hidden gem down a side alley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We tried Café Lucia on a lark and were not disappointed at all. Good wine list, excellent service and good food. Portugese food is not a common item on the menu, but we liked it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2014The restaurant was highly recommended and perhaps we were expecting too much. I thought the food, while tasty, was overpriced for the amount provided and service was slow and spotty (entrees were not served at same time and we had to go to the host to pay our bill. Still, an interesting experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupendous!jldmDined on 9/16/2014I found each course to be delectable, surprising and new in its own way. The menu descriptions do not do justice to the food's actual presentation and savoriness. The scallops I ordered were hands down the most exquisite I have ever tasted, cooked perfectly with lovely accompaniments. The ambience is very trendy and Zen-like, especially beautiful if sitting outside as the sun goes down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food does not live up to the decorout2lunchDined on 9/13/2014The food was not as good as we had hoped or anticipated from other diners' reviews. The portions are very small and the food was over-salted. The flavors were not what we had expected. The service was attentive but a little "stiff". The wine selection was minimal considering it is in the heart of Sonoma Wine Country, and there were even fewer beer/ale choices. The patio and the interior dining room are very pleasant, but the food does not live up to the decor.Special Features:
- DisappointedLove2cookandeatVIPDined on 9/13/2014Outside ambience and service were very good. We ordered small plate starters, salad, and sea bass. Our olives seemed like they came right from the self-serve area at Safeway. Not special at all. Heirloom tomato salad had odd hummus as a base, really didn't complement the tomatoes. One tomato was heirloom, not the other. Sea bass was excellent but the kale and corn garnish missed.
- Never disapointedSuzyDined on 9/11/2014Love to introduce friends to this hidden gem. Service is prompt, perfect for lunch hour. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Portuguese in AmericaTheDonaldDined on 9/7/20141 amuse Bouche of clear cucumber soup - a spicy delight 2. Tiny bites in ramekins - almonds, Spanish ham, lupini beans, fried goat cheese, walnut bread - excellent and all for $17 3. Two soups in one bowl - puréed cantaloupe and honeydew with mango inlay. Created by pouring the two melons in at the same time. Cool man. 4. Monterey bay sardines. First time I have had NOT canned sardines. Head and bones were easily disposed of. 5. Whole sea bass in a stew of red peppers, tomatoes and a modicum of piri piri peppers. Pre cut just right so that bone disposal was a snap!. Soooo satisfying. 6. Portuguese port for dessert. Floated home on a sea of contentment.Special Features:
- Exciting Cafe Lucia-a gem!InvernessDined on 9/6/2014Late lunch at Cafe Lucia was the most exciting meal of our special celebratory anniversary weekend. We were warmly welcomed, staff knowledgeable, attentive. Great food, attractively served included Portuguese, Brazilian, to CA/Italian. Complementary shot of tomato water plus lovely. At the end of the meal a surprise serving of champagne.Special Features:
- amazing!StellaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Delicious and authentic food served by some of the best people I've seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014My bottle of wine (a pinot noir) arrived so warm I had to ask for it to be put in the freezer for 10 minutes. The food was only OK. For the fresh sardine appetizer the sardines were quite large and had a strong "fishy" flavor. The pork roulade was over cooked and dry although it came with a very tasty, rich demi glaze like sauce. Sadly mediocre overall.
- Great discoveryCaliforniaJeanDined on 8/23/2014Loved our dinner here last night. Beautiful indoors and out, and the food (and prices) made us want to go back and try more yummy things the next time. The feijoada was especially good. I would have liked the octopus to be more simply prepared (grilled with lemon and garlic?), but the rest of the tascas were delicious. Like I said, we will return!Special Features:
- Awesome Food and AmbienceamorecomerDined on 8/19/2014Cafe Lucia is a total neighborhood gem. With awesome food for everyone and great service. I feel very fortunate that it is part of our community.Special Features:
- Food & Service excellentMegTDined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious, memorable & well-presented. Our server was very knowledgeable & personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portugese DelightJimSDined on 8/12/2014We tried Cafe Lucia in Healdsburg because we have been to Portugal and wanted to see how Portugese food here compared to there. We were not disappointed! The patio looked inviting but it was chilly so we ate inside. We were promptly greeted by our waiter who soon brought a delicious amuse bouche (sp?). The meal was very good with nicely spiced pork, fish, and scallops. Our waiter paced things well. It all brought back fond memories of Portugal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nuevo Portugueseluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014I had the herb fettuccine with scallops. It was great, al dente tossed with parmesan, cherry tomatoes and small, succulent chunks of chorizo. My wife had the sea bass, also excellent, with a light, white wine based sauce. The tomato, mozzarella salad in olive oil was also great. The decor, service and ambience were all memorable. Easily 4.5 out of 5 stars, and paradoxically family and foodie. One of many great restaurants in the crown jewel of wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a hidden gemMfishesqVIPDined on 8/9/2014Down a little street from ally lies one of the most unique and tantalizing dining experience we have enjoyed. Cafe' Lucia boast a fresh local ingredient infused Portuguese dining experience that will tantalize your taste buds. While it was too cold to sit outside that evening, their quiet outdoor dining spot has promise on a beautiful day or evening. Don't miss thi one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiningVinnieDined on 8/9/2014We chose Cafe Lucia because we wanted something different and authentic. We ordered a Brazilian Beef dish cooked slowly with black beans and a pork and seafood special. Both entrees were quite good and something we would not cook ourselves. Exactly what we were looking for. The service was excellent and we were greeted and seated by the owner. We will definitely be back when we visit Sonoma County. The only thing I would recommend is keep advertising and promoting Lucia. It is located a bit off the street and no one can see the lovely outdoor area until they walk well into the block. Perhaps an easel and poster would help with a picture of the restaurant. Lovely place and we want them to stay in business!Special Features:
- Authentic Portuguese cuisine!2PortageeGalsDined on 8/8/2014We are both Portuguese and have grown up eating Portuguese food, so this restaurant has been on our list to try. When we arrived, we noticed there were two seating areas, inside the restuarant and a patio courtyard. Since it was our anniversary, we chose to sit in the quiter restaurant area, but the patio really looked like fun. We started with a great wine and the sardine appetizers. Scrumptuous. For the main courses, we chose feijoada and Alentejo-style pork and clams. Our dessert was a trio of caramel-flavored goodies. A perfect ending. In fact, everything was SO good we purchased the beautiful cookbook for sale in the restaurant. We've been to Portugal many times, trust us, this is the real deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY OUTDOOR LUNCHItIsIDined on 8/6/2014Great outdoor patio. great service. delicious portugese lunch. especially tripe and beans, octopus appetizer, ice cream and sorbet plate (not portugese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on the top of your list!ABrownNJDined on 8/4/2014We hadn't seen a lot of mention about this restaurant, but being curious about the Portuguese menu, we wanted to try it. Wow! Don't hesitate to put this on your list of top restaurants in the area! The food was out of this world, and we could have eaten anything on the menu which made it hard to choose. I requested one change to what I ordered, and they graciously accommodated that. Wine list was fun with the ability to order flights to taste. Fantastic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined Portuguese cuisinegv0404Dined on 8/2/2014Don't be fooled with "cafe" in the restaurant's name. Perfectly prepared and presented dishes, desserts to die for, the wine list with good selection of Portuguese and Sonoma wines. It's a bit different from what one can experience in Lisbon, but it's very Portuguese nevertheless. Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.