609 Milwaukee Ave
Glenview, IL 60025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelucci.com/
- Phone: 8477292268x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: open for parties of 30 or more only; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Augie Arifi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cafe Lucci
Cafe Lucci’s motto, “Good Food, Good Wine, Good People,” is the distinguishing hallmark of this North Shore family-owned and operated restaurant, which is a favorite for neighborhood regulars, including many executives and professionals who hail from nearby corporations and businesses. Cafe Lucci also is a weekend and special-occasion destination for many folks who live in Chicago and have discovered an exceptional dining experience in Glenview.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Lucci - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Cafe Lucci reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (41)romantic (30)good for groups (29)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great local restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were in town for a seminar and our hotel recommend Cafe Lucci. We were so glad they did! The food and service were amazing, the owner even came around to make sure everything was good, he also thanked us for coming and held the door open for us on the way out. I highly recommend visiting Cafe Lucci when you are in the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/15/2014We always enjoy our meals at Cafe Lucci. The food is outstanding and the service is very good. What really puts it over the top with me is the BYOB policy - I have way too much wine at home and it's great to be able to bring a really nice bottle and only pay corkage.
- Cafe LucciChipaverVIPDined on 10/11/2014GREAT dinner. Good menu selection. Many wines by the glass. Food was prepared just right. Bobby came by to open&decanter the wine. No short comings.Special Features:
- greatmurcdDined on 10/10/2014Great service with high quality food and wine. Owner checks in on every table.Special Features:
- outrageously fantasticauntieEDined on 10/6/2014Must have baked clams and the skirt steak fugo style. It's garlic and oil with red and green jalapeños and vesuvius potatoes. Also gnocchi in the duck ragu. Too good for words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieCAuntieCVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent specials offered every day. Food is excellently prepared, and service is great. Both I and my sister-in-law enjoyed delicious fish entrees, cooked perfectly, moist and seasoned very well. We celebrate many holidays and special occasions at Café Lucci and have always had a relaxing time and enjoyed great meals.Special Features:
- Very Good but $$$NIKKIDined on 9/27/2014While we felt the food was very good, the cost was rather high for Italian food. Most of the Specials were in the High $20 to mid $30 range. The thing that we were most surprised with was the cost of their wine. We are red wine drinkers and have found very good bottles of wine for $30 to $40 in many restaurants but, here, you couldn't touch a bottle for under $55 which is what we had. It was a good California Pinot Noir but we know you can get as good or better for much less. For us the wine cost alone will make this restaurant a special occasion place only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfriendVIPDined on 9/26/2014Always good food and excellent service. We have a favorite waiter and I have to ask his name. But the best part is that you can have a conversation, especially if you are in the back room.Special Features:
- Italian At Its Bestdebs13VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food at Cafe Lucci was fabulous. They start you off with a crusty bread basket filled with their mashed garlic spread and giardinera. You can eat that for lunch alone. THe eggplant parmagiana was out of this world, with just the right amount of cheese and sauce. Something different is the gnocci with mushroom sauce, delicious. End with a cappuccino and a chocolate tulip filled with berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spotQuincyDined on 9/17/2014This is very good Italian food at a very reasonable price for the Chicago area. The main dining room was quite noisy, but only takes on large noisy table to dive the level up. We try to stop here whenever we are passing Chicago.Special Features:
- Consistently the best ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014No matter what we order, the food is by far the best Italian around. Staff is friendly and knowledgable and goes to all lengths to please. I would recommend Cafe Lucci to anyone who knows fine dining and wants to be impressed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Lucci ReviewdiningstarVIPDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was very good at Cafe Lucci. We were celebrating a birthday with friends and therestaurant made the evening extra special with a lovely dessert. The service is always professional, personable and efficient. We have been going to Cafe Lucci since they have been in Glenview. We always enjoy the good Italian food and extensive wine choices. It is a neighborhood gem and will continue to recommend it to others...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to Impress!mjmtx18VIPDined on 9/10/2014Café Lucci is a great place. The food is always good and the service outstanding and friendly. My guests and I have never been disappointed. They are truly on top of their game. Thank you for another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealvanillamanDined on 9/10/2014We had a great meal on Wednesday night. Bobby was a great help in selecting a wine that was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- Not expectedKrisDined on 9/9/2014This adorable little restaurant is somewhere you would never expect, along the busy road. The ambiance was fantastic, however the "special" I tried was not as great as it sounded (the lamb filled large tortelli with tomato sauce.) The rest of the party was delighted with their menu selections and I will try to remember to stick to what is on the menu next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to dinecookieDined on 9/3/2014Cafe Lucci is lovely, friendly, excellent place to dine. The staff is very accommodating and knowledgeable, the food is always delirious, and the wine list is top rate. I would recommend Cafe Lucci to anyone that is looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Date night was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Romantic and different. We ordered the brazed lamb (not on menu) and chicken on red sauce. Special order. Worth every it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I lucked outSethVIPDined on 8/25/2014In Northfield overnight for business and needed a spot to eat. Hotel people gave me Italian chain places which I didn't want and found this winner through Opentable. Down home neighborhood resturant. Engaging waiter, great selections and specials with just the right guidance. Everything was fresh, very tasty, terrific service all at a reasonable price. Local to out of town dint walk, run! Loved it.Special Features:
- L. SchweizerLarryDined on 8/24/2014Good appetizers, drinks and food. Enjoyed our entire experience.Special Features:
- Superiorluv2eatDined on 8/23/2014The host went out of his way to get us something that was no longer on the menu but was served at their other restaurant. They had it sent to Café Lucci and it was served the way it had always been served. It was one of the reasons we decided to go to the restaurant to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter was very attentive and made suggestions based on what we told him we liked. The food was outstanding and I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Italian that Lives Up to Its RepProfessoreDined on 8/15/2014Found Cafe Lucci while in Skoikie on business. We needed an established Italian place with old world charm. Lucci fit the bill, and the interior, while dark and warm and full of ambiance, has been remodeled to keep up with the times. Impeccable service, great food - pasta, eggplant Parmesan, salads, all tasteful and plentiful. We received a complementary glass of limoncello from the owner. This is one of the best Italian meals we've had in a long time.Special Features:
- QuaintJaneDined on 8/13/2014Nice local restaurant with fresh seafood. Ate the spaghettini with clams/mussels in white wine sauce. Wine was decent although we had pino grigio to start and ordered seconds... waiter brought chardonnay instead. Also got a free dessert. Ambience is a little dark. Parking is a little tricky if there are many cars - they have free valet service to help out.
- Excellent serviceKTorrenceDined on 8/12/2014First experience at Cafe Lucci for my grandmother's birthday dinner. The food was very good and the service was impeccable. We very much appreciated our waiter and staff as they were all very attentive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieCAuntieCVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great selection of daily specials. Service is friendly & attentive; wait-staff very knowledgeable of menu. My husband & I enjoy celebrating birthdays and anniversaries at Café Lucci, as well as Thanksgiving and Easter holiday dinners there. They do a great job accommodating large family groups for celebrations. Excellent fish dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014great on all accounts. Ask for the bobby's tasting menu, you cant' go wrong.Special Features:
- Still going strongLikes2dineDined on 7/21/2014Had our wedding rehearsal dinner here 25 years ago and then moved from the area, I had the chance to go there again recently and the food and service were wonderful. Highly recommend, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfriendVIPDined on 7/17/2014We love coming here and find it consistently good. The chef is willing to be flexible about accommodating preferences, too.Special Features:
- Very GoodFlorianDined on 7/13/2014We have returned to Cafe Lucci for decades because of their consistently great food and service. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Always Excellentrjf49VIPDined on 7/10/2014Been coming here for years--never disappoints. The best Italian food in the North Suburbs. Service always attentive. Bobby really knows how to make his guests feel "at home".Special Features:
- Delicious and great serviceHensel310VIPDined on 7/10/2014First visit to Cafe Lucci. Zagat gave good marks to this resto so I gambled and took my pal to lunch for her birthday. We were not disappointed. Lovely old school place. Great menu, nice wine list and the service is outstanding. We split an arugula and a seafood salad...both were quite large. Tons of seafood on the salad. Our waiter served my pal a giant piece of tiramisu with a candle at no charge. Unheard of in this day and age. Big points for that. The prices are extremely fair for the large portions. All in all, I would recommend to all and return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian PlaceGreznerVIPDined on 7/8/2014This was our second time at Cafe Lucci in the past month. Both times our service was excellent and the food was outstanding. This is not a "foodie" place, but it is really good traditional Italian in a relaxed setting. First time I came was a family event, this time I brought two young business colleagues. Everyone at both visits praised the food and service. This is now my "go to" Italian option in suburban Chicago. We will be back.Special Features:
- A customer is a customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014If a restaurant is wanting to close early, then a reservation should not be allowed to be made. Once a customer arrives at your dining establishment, they shouldn't be treated differently because you were hoping to close early. Feeling welcomed is important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucci on July 1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Great food and very nice ambience. Tiramisu is a must for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLauraMDined on 6/30/2014Cafe Lucci was a wonderful evening out with friends. Staff very welcoming and accommodating. The food was delicious. Even though it was a stormy night outside inside was inviting. One item to mention is the acoustics within the restaurant. It can get very noisy and voices carries very easily.Special Features:
- The following 828 reviews are from the Cafe Lucci reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014I remembering coming to this place with my parents, I recently moved back to area and the food and service was great. In fact our waiter conrad still remembered us! That's always a plus.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2014Wish it was closer to my neighborhood; I'd be back weekly! Everything we had was absolutely delicious, including the complementary bread with toppings. This is not some old school Italian restaurant where all the dishes taste like a small variation on the the same sauce. Each dish we had was unique in its flavor profile, and beautifully prepared. Homemade pasta some of the best I've had; and how often do you get scallops in a pasta sauce that are good enough to stand alone as a dish? Traditional old-world service was professional and spot-on, but still warm and welcoming. Ambience only misses a little from the exterior appearance of the building/area; the interior is very classy and in keeping with the entire experience.Special Features:
- Great suburban Italian optionGreznerVIPDined on 6/16/2014We have been looking for a good option for Italian food since we moved to the Chicago suburbs about 2 years ago. This is finally it. Cafe Lucci is an "old school" Italian restaurant with some new touches (they are getting into kale). Service was outstanding, food we excellent and even the valet parking team worked to make sure we felt welcome. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Worst Service EverGrubChickDined on 6/15/2014Our server Eddie/Edi? not sure how to spell his name literally ruined Father's Day. Worst server EVER! And I've seen bad servers I've worked in restaurants and bars for almost 20 years. Rude, crabby, inattentive and turned our table in about 45 minutes start to finish instead of fostering a fine dining experience. After all the wonderful evenings we've had at Cafe Lucci, he ruined our fondness for it and we will not be returning. I sent an email to Cafe Lucci yesterday and as of today have received no response. So that's that. It's a shame, we were really looking forward to Father's Day.
- Great Food and CustomizableSemiFoodieDined on 6/14/2014Extensive menu with something for everyone, plus more on the specials menu. Excellent wine menu and the owner gladly will help with pairings. One member of our party cannot tolerate pepper in any form or amount. When we asked if it could be made that way of course it was not a problem - all orders are prepared after ordering so, the request was easily handled. One couple wanted to share both a primi and secondi - another accommodation done without a fuss. Be careful - the bread is wonderful and with soup/salad included on most entrees it's easy to fill up before the meal arrives. We brought home enough "take away" for a tasty lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay Italian PlaceLisaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our party of four enjoyed the fairly traditional Italian food. Service was slow because it was so crowded so that is a good sign. My ravioli was stuffed with broccolini and sausage and it was very tasty. My husband's steak was done to perfection and our guests' grouper was excellent. Appetizer salads were not good, filled with lettuce and not much else. Dessert was a disappointment as the "home made" cake tasted like bought cake.Special Features: