609 Milwaukee Ave
Glenview, IL 60025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelucci.com/
- Phone: (847) 729-2268
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: open for parties of 30 or more only; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Augie Arifi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cafe Lucci
Cafe Lucci’s motto, “Good Food, Good Wine, Good People,” is the distinguishing hallmark of this North Shore family-owned and operated restaurant, which is a favorite for neighborhood regulars, including many executives and professionals who hail from nearby corporations and businesses. Cafe Lucci also is a weekend and special-occasion destination for many folks who live in Chicago and have discovered an exceptional dining experience in Glenview.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Lucci - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Cafe Lucci reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (63)special occasion (55)notable wine list (52)good for groups (39)romantic (36)great for lunch (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- krm720OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/17/2014very good food and service in a friendly casual environment.. i would certainly go there again on my next trip to rosemont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTXFoodieDined on 11/10/2014Excellent food and service at this hideaway in Northbrook.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was great - we had the caprese salad and caesar salad to start and double pork chop (enormous portion) and the sea bass (vesuvio style) for our main courses. We were seated promptly and food came out quickly. As the restaurant got busy our server seemed a little flustered (forgot to bring us bread, took away silverware with salads and didn't replace it) but these items were quickly rectified when we mentioned them. Water and wine glasses were refilled regularly, which was appreciated. Complimentary birthday tiramisu was a nice touch (also delicious). The complimentary valet was also very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/5/2014Been here many times. Food, wine and service always top notch!Special Features:
- FABULOUS!BeeninthebusinessDined on 11/1/2014One of the best restaurants in the Chicago area. Great recommendations from the staff and owner. Everything was perfect. We had reservations and were seated timely.Special Features:
- mickeykVIPDined on 11/1/20145 STAR dinning experience--Outstanding entrees, delicious wine and superb service.Special Features:
- Drim1Dined on 11/1/2014Cafe Lucci has always been our "go to" restaurant! We know that when we have been seated, we will get primo service, sublime food and sinfully good desserts! The only restaurant that we know of that can be that consistent, all of the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itbrendabVIPDined on 10/31/2014The scallop and mushroom appetizer was one of the best I have ever eaten. The fish stew over pasta was enough for two to share, which our waiter recommended. We appreciated that. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome back!Alvin1VIPDined on 10/29/2014Valet parking a plus & the valet parker was most accommodating. Reservation honored-good start. Menu varied, sufficient selections. Salads very fresh and tasty. Sufficient variety of salad dressings. All four entrees were presented, very eye appealing and portions were most appropriate. Server periodically checked with us as to any needs we might have and without interrupting our dining experience or opportunity to just talk. He was certainly attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014Only one table was occupied when we were seated. The restaurant did completely fill up over the next 30 minutes. The party of men adjacent to us was seated after us and had water bread and drinks coming before anyone had even spoken to us. Our group of women was totally ignored for 10 minutes. The service remained horrible the entire evening. We had to flag someone down to refill our drinks.
- Great Italian food!LovegoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014We have been to Café Lucci, several times and it never disappoints! Always delicious food and great wine list! Prices are within budget and a good value! We even booked the Wine Room for a private party in December, Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Loved the food and servicedining50sDined on 10/25/2014Very efficient service combined with excellent food made this a very enjoyable dinner. Started out with the appetizer of scallops, very tender and a great sauce to flavor it. The mushroom soup and corn bisque was great. We had the eggplant parmesan, cavatelli contadina, pollo giambotta, and the pumpkin ravioli. All of the entrees were superb and very tasty. The service was great, never had to wait for ice tea refills or dessert or the check. We had tufano, banana coconut cake and the chocolate fantastia. Definitely will be back, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe LucciB17pilotDined on 10/21/2014I had their Halibut special for dinner. The service, food, menu, and ambiance were all TOP NOTCH!! The on-line reservation worked well. I would recommend making a reservation. Also, the complimentary valet parking was very nice! I will go back for a repeat experience, and is live in Montana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long Time FavoriteFlorianDined on 10/21/2014Cafe Lucci has sustained. And with good reason. The food is always very good and consistent. Don't be afraid to try something new here. Over decades we have enjoyed dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EVENING!MaxieDined on 10/19/2014Second time having dinner - lunch a few times and attended a private anniversary party years ago. Most recently there were 7 of us for dinner and we all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner as well as the left-overs the following day. Highly recommend for excellent food and courteous service. Also complimentary valet parking. Definitely go and ENJOY!!! MaxieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and large portion!jusyDined on 10/19/2014great place for special occasion. one of the waiter seemed a lil annoyed with us but overall the service was good. food was amazing and HUGE PORTION!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food and service were excellent! Clean environment and servers.Special Features:
- Family Reunionoftendiner1Dined on 10/17/2014I slected Cafe Lucci based on a trip advisor review. It was a great experience for food and wine! I had my cousins meet me as a midpoint and was very satisfied with the restaurant. We will drive the hour from Crete to dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurant!BeepDined on 10/17/2014We were in town for a seminar and our hotel recommend Cafe Lucci. We were so glad they did! The food and service were amazing, the owner even came around to make sure everything was good, he also thanked us for coming and held the door open for us on the way out. I highly recommend visiting Cafe Lucci when you are in the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillWillDined on 10/17/2014Cafe Lucci never disappoints. We've been here 3 or 4 times. Each time better than the last time.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/15/2014We always enjoy our meals at Cafe Lucci. The food is outstanding and the service is very good. What really puts it over the top with me is the BYOB policy - I have way too much wine at home and it's great to be able to bring a really nice bottle and only pay corkage.
- Always goodtakeme80sVIPDined on 10/15/2014The garlic is delish, the pasta is fresh, the mussels were huge... all around a great meal every single time.Special Features:
- Cafe LucciChipaverVIPDined on 10/11/2014GREAT dinner. Good menu selection. Many wines by the glass. Food was prepared just right. Bobby came by to open&decanter the wine. No short comings.Special Features:
- Still Outstandingfurs4uDined on 10/11/2014After not going here for over 10 years because a close friend I used to dine with regularly had passed, I realized what I was missing. The food, the ambiance, the service was still as good as before, and now I shall continue to celebrate our friendship with regular visits.Special Features:
- greatmurcdDined on 10/10/2014Great service with high quality food and wine. Owner checks in on every table.Special Features:
- outrageously fantasticauntieEDined on 10/6/2014Must have baked clams and the skirt steak fugo style. It's garlic and oil with red and green jalapeños and vesuvius potatoes. Also gnocchi in the duck ragu. Too good for words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieCAuntieCVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent specials offered every day. Food is excellently prepared, and service is great. Both I and my sister-in-law enjoyed delicious fish entrees, cooked perfectly, moist and seasoned very well. We celebrate many holidays and special occasions at Café Lucci and have always had a relaxing time and enjoyed great meals.Special Features:
- Very Good but $$$NIKKIDined on 9/27/2014While we felt the food was very good, the cost was rather high for Italian food. Most of the Specials were in the High $20 to mid $30 range. The thing that we were most surprised with was the cost of their wine. We are red wine drinkers and have found very good bottles of wine for $30 to $40 in many restaurants but, here, you couldn't touch a bottle for under $55 which is what we had. It was a good California Pinot Noir but we know you can get as good or better for much less. For us the wine cost alone will make this restaurant a special occasion place only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfriendVIPDined on 9/26/2014Always good food and excellent service. We have a favorite waiter and I have to ask his name. But the best part is that you can have a conversation, especially if you are in the back room.Special Features:
- Italian At Its Bestdebs13VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food at Cafe Lucci was fabulous. They start you off with a crusty bread basket filled with their mashed garlic spread and giardinera. You can eat that for lunch alone. THe eggplant parmagiana was out of this world, with just the right amount of cheese and sauce. Something different is the gnocci with mushroom sauce, delicious. End with a cappuccino and a chocolate tulip filled with berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spotQuincyDined on 9/17/2014This is very good Italian food at a very reasonable price for the Chicago area. The main dining room was quite noisy, but only takes on large noisy table to dive the level up. We try to stop here whenever we are passing Chicago.Special Features:
- Consistently the best ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014No matter what we order, the food is by far the best Italian around. Staff is friendly and knowledgable and goes to all lengths to please. I would recommend Cafe Lucci to anyone who knows fine dining and wants to be impressed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Lucci ReviewdiningstarVIPDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was very good at Cafe Lucci. We were celebrating a birthday with friends and therestaurant made the evening extra special with a lovely dessert. The service is always professional, personable and efficient. We have been going to Cafe Lucci since they have been in Glenview. We always enjoy the good Italian food and extensive wine choices. It is a neighborhood gem and will continue to recommend it to others...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to Impress!mjmtx18VIPDined on 9/10/2014Café Lucci is a great place. The food is always good and the service outstanding and friendly. My guests and I have never been disappointed. They are truly on top of their game. Thank you for another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealvanillamanDined on 9/10/2014We had a great meal on Wednesday night. Bobby was a great help in selecting a wine that was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- Not expectedKrisDined on 9/9/2014This adorable little restaurant is somewhere you would never expect, along the busy road. The ambiance was fantastic, however the "special" I tried was not as great as it sounded (the lamb filled large tortelli with tomato sauce.) The rest of the party was delighted with their menu selections and I will try to remember to stick to what is on the menu next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to dinecookieDined on 9/3/2014Cafe Lucci is lovely, friendly, excellent place to dine. The staff is very accommodating and knowledgeable, the food is always delirious, and the wine list is top rate. I would recommend Cafe Lucci to anyone that is looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Date night was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Romantic and different. We ordered the brazed lamb (not on menu) and chicken on red sauce. Special order. Worth every it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I lucked outSethVIPDined on 8/25/2014In Northfield overnight for business and needed a spot to eat. Hotel people gave me Italian chain places which I didn't want and found this winner through Opentable. Down home neighborhood resturant. Engaging waiter, great selections and specials with just the right guidance. Everything was fresh, very tasty, terrific service all at a reasonable price. Local to out of town dint walk, run! Loved it.Special Features:
- L. SchweizerLarryDined on 8/24/2014Good appetizers, drinks and food. Enjoyed our entire experience.Special Features: