609 Milwaukee Ave
Glenview, IL 60025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelucci.com/
- Phone: 8477292268x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: open for parties of 30 or more only; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Augie Arifi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cafe Lucci
Cafe Lucci’s motto, “Good Food, Good Wine, Good People,” is the distinguishing hallmark of this North Shore family-owned and operated restaurant, which is a favorite for neighborhood regulars, including many executives and professionals who hail from nearby corporations and businesses. Cafe Lucci also is a weekend and special-occasion destination for many folks who live in Chicago and have discovered an exceptional dining experience in Glenview.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cafe Lucci - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Cafe Lucci reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (40)good for groups (35)romantic (25)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Date night was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Romantic and different. We ordered the brazed lamb (not on menu) and chicken on red sauce. Special order. Worth every it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I lucked outSethVIPDined on 8/25/2014In Northfield overnight for business and needed a spot to eat. Hotel people gave me Italian chain places which I didn't want and found this winner through Opentable. Down home neighborhood resturant. Engaging waiter, great selections and specials with just the right guidance. Everything was fresh, very tasty, terrific service all at a reasonable price. Local to out of town dint walk, run! Loved it.Special Features:
- L. SchweizerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Good appetizers, drinks and food. Enjoyed our entire experience.Special Features:
- Superiorluv2eatDined on 8/23/2014The host went out of his way to get us something that was no longer on the menu but was served at their other restaurant. They had it sent to Café Lucci and it was served the way it had always been served. It was one of the reasons we decided to go to the restaurant to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter was very attentive and made suggestions based on what we told him we liked. The food was outstanding and I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Italian that Lives Up to Its RepProfessoreDined on 8/15/2014Found Cafe Lucci while in Skoikie on business. We needed an established Italian place with old world charm. Lucci fit the bill, and the interior, while dark and warm and full of ambiance, has been remodeled to keep up with the times. Impeccable service, great food - pasta, eggplant Parmesan, salads, all tasteful and plentiful. We received a complementary glass of limoncello from the owner. This is one of the best Italian meals we've had in a long time.Special Features:
- QuaintJaneDined on 8/13/2014Nice local restaurant with fresh seafood. Ate the spaghettini with clams/mussels in white wine sauce. Wine was decent although we had pino grigio to start and ordered seconds... waiter brought chardonnay instead. Also got a free dessert. Ambience is a little dark. Parking is a little tricky if there are many cars - they have free valet service to help out.
- Excellent serviceKTorrenceDined on 8/12/2014First experience at Cafe Lucci for my grandmother's birthday dinner. The food was very good and the service was impeccable. We very much appreciated our waiter and staff as they were all very attentive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieCAuntieCVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great selection of daily specials. Service is friendly & attentive; wait-staff very knowledgeable of menu. My husband & I enjoy celebrating birthdays and anniversaries at Café Lucci, as well as Thanksgiving and Easter holiday dinners there. They do a great job accommodating large family groups for celebrations. Excellent fish dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014great on all accounts. Ask for the bobby's tasting menu, you cant' go wrong.Special Features:
- Still going strongLikes2dineDined on 7/21/2014Had our wedding rehearsal dinner here 25 years ago and then moved from the area, I had the chance to go there again recently and the food and service were wonderful. Highly recommend, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfriendVIPDined on 7/17/2014We love coming here and find it consistently good. The chef is willing to be flexible about accommodating preferences, too.Special Features:
- Very GoodFlorianDined on 7/13/2014We have returned to Cafe Lucci for decades because of their consistently great food and service. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Always Excellentrjf49VIPDined on 7/10/2014Been coming here for years--never disappoints. The best Italian food in the North Suburbs. Service always attentive. Bobby really knows how to make his guests feel "at home".Special Features:
- Delicious and great serviceHensel310VIPDined on 7/10/2014First visit to Cafe Lucci. Zagat gave good marks to this resto so I gambled and took my pal to lunch for her birthday. We were not disappointed. Lovely old school place. Great menu, nice wine list and the service is outstanding. We split an arugula and a seafood salad...both were quite large. Tons of seafood on the salad. Our waiter served my pal a giant piece of tiramisu with a candle at no charge. Unheard of in this day and age. Big points for that. The prices are extremely fair for the large portions. All in all, I would recommend to all and return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian PlaceGreznerVIPDined on 7/8/2014This was our second time at Cafe Lucci in the past month. Both times our service was excellent and the food was outstanding. This is not a "foodie" place, but it is really good traditional Italian in a relaxed setting. First time I came was a family event, this time I brought two young business colleagues. Everyone at both visits praised the food and service. This is now my "go to" Italian option in suburban Chicago. We will be back.Special Features:
- A customer is a customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014If a restaurant is wanting to close early, then a reservation should not be allowed to be made. Once a customer arrives at your dining establishment, they shouldn't be treated differently because you were hoping to close early. Feeling welcomed is important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucci on July 1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Great food and very nice ambience. Tiramisu is a must for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLauraMDined on 6/30/2014Cafe Lucci was a wonderful evening out with friends. Staff very welcoming and accommodating. The food was delicious. Even though it was a stormy night outside inside was inviting. One item to mention is the acoustics within the restaurant. It can get very noisy and voices carries very easily.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014I remembering coming to this place with my parents, I recently moved back to area and the food and service was great. In fact our waiter conrad still remembered us! That's always a plus.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2014Wish it was closer to my neighborhood; I'd be back weekly! Everything we had was absolutely delicious, including the complementary bread with toppings. This is not some old school Italian restaurant where all the dishes taste like a small variation on the the same sauce. Each dish we had was unique in its flavor profile, and beautifully prepared. Homemade pasta some of the best I've had; and how often do you get scallops in a pasta sauce that are good enough to stand alone as a dish? Traditional old-world service was professional and spot-on, but still warm and welcoming. Ambience only misses a little from the exterior appearance of the building/area; the interior is very classy and in keeping with the entire experience.Special Features:
- Great suburban Italian optionGreznerVIPDined on 6/16/2014We have been looking for a good option for Italian food since we moved to the Chicago suburbs about 2 years ago. This is finally it. Cafe Lucci is an "old school" Italian restaurant with some new touches (they are getting into kale). Service was outstanding, food we excellent and even the valet parking team worked to make sure we felt welcome. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Worst Service EverGrubChickDined on 6/15/2014Our server Eddie/Edi? not sure how to spell his name literally ruined Father's Day. Worst server EVER! And I've seen bad servers I've worked in restaurants and bars for almost 20 years. Rude, crabby, inattentive and turned our table in about 45 minutes start to finish instead of fostering a fine dining experience. After all the wonderful evenings we've had at Cafe Lucci, he ruined our fondness for it and we will not be returning. I sent an email to Cafe Lucci yesterday and as of today have received no response. So that's that. It's a shame, we were really looking forward to Father's Day.
- Great Food and CustomizableSemiFoodieDined on 6/14/2014Extensive menu with something for everyone, plus more on the specials menu. Excellent wine menu and the owner gladly will help with pairings. One member of our party cannot tolerate pepper in any form or amount. When we asked if it could be made that way of course it was not a problem - all orders are prepared after ordering so, the request was easily handled. One couple wanted to share both a primi and secondi - another accommodation done without a fuss. Be careful - the bread is wonderful and with soup/salad included on most entrees it's easy to fill up before the meal arrives. We brought home enough "take away" for a tasty lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay Italian PlaceLisaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our party of four enjoyed the fairly traditional Italian food. Service was slow because it was so crowded so that is a good sign. My ravioli was stuffed with broccolini and sausage and it was very tasty. My husband's steak was done to perfection and our guests' grouper was excellent. Appetizer salads were not good, filled with lettuce and not much else. Dessert was a disappointment as the "home made" cake tasted like bought cake.Special Features:
- Always AmazingIvy1Dined on 6/14/2014I love this restaurant. The food is delicious - and they'll prepare it any way you like if you want to deviate from the menu and specials. The service is warm and friendly and the owner personally cares about each table. We just celebrated my son's birthday and he left his new headphones there. Not only did they still have them two days later, but they were locked up in the owner's office for safe keeping until we picked them up. But most of all, you can ALWAYS count on a really really great meal.Special Features:
- GarlicVIPDined on 6/13/2014Café Lucci is a well run Italian restaurant with a wide selection on their menu of traditional and more updated Italian dishes. Portions are ample, so lots of doggy bags are seen leaving the restaurant. The food is well prepared and soup or salad accompanies the main dishes. I would suggest that diners are careful to ask the server how thee dishes are prepared and served including sauces and sides. It eliminates the surprise. their gelato is outstanding. It is a bit off the beaten path, but worth the ride once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- csasDined on 6/8/2014Another fabulous evening spent at Café Lucci. The food is amazing and the staff even more so. The best!!Special Features:
- Great experience as alwaysBillyDined on 6/1/2014The food and service are always great at Cafe Lucci. We've dined there many times in the past 13 years and have never been disappointed. The owner Bobbie makes everyone feel as they are the most important customer in the restaurant. We celebrated my daughter's graduation and we were served several desserts for the entire table courtesy of Bobbie...not necessary, but very much appreciated. We will continue to frequent Cafe Lucci.Special Features:
- valentinesdayVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very crowded when we arrived, no room in the bar where they had asked us to wait, but the bar cleared quickly & we had a drink before we were seated, about 15 - 20 minutes after our reservation! Excellent food, good service, and a complimentary dessert, - a lovely evening!!Special Features:
- DeliciososandyDined on 5/31/2014We made a 7pm reservation Saturday night -- prime time -- so the restaurant was crowded and noisy with diners enjoying their evening. Our waiter was very attentive even after we got our drinks and said we'd like to catch up first before ordering. My friend ordered veal Grappino and loved it while I asked for an off-menu selection of veal limone. They accommodated me and it was also just delicious. Both came with a side of pasta perfectly al dente. Food and service have always been good here, but the ambience is only so-so with two long rooms packed with tables in low light. A great spot you can trust to serve great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Family DinnersSRQKraftiGalDined on 5/25/2014We had a large family group that went here for dinner. The food is excellent. The wine by the glass was not and we sent 1 glass back. The wait staff was most attentive, however, one waiter did get a few things mixed up. We have eaten here before & greatly enjoyed the food both times. Despite the problem with the wine, we would still come back here to eat.Special Features:
- Another perfect experienceJC427VIPDined on 5/25/2014Always love their authentic Italian cuisine. Bobby is the consummate host always making every guest feel special. The portions are generous and the taste is flavorful. I love bringing first time guests and out of towners there since I get all the credit for finding such a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2014This has been our special occasion spot for years. We love coming here, the owners, waiters and bartenders all know us. The food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BendyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Everything I expect from an excellent resturant and more.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfriendVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is always a great Saturday evening destination with good friends, good food, good service, and good ambience. We come back often.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014If you're looking for a nice place with good food that has great service, a nice wine list and traditional dishes, then this is the spot for you. The staff is friendly and accommodating, but the restaurant design itself makes it look small and cramped for a group.Special Features:
- AuntieCAuntieCVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great place to celebrate holidays or special events. Very accommodating for large family groups, yet couples and foursomes also can enjoy a very pleasant dinner in the room. Excellent food, wonderful selection of daily specials and we have always received excellent service. Café Lucci is our #1 choice for holidays - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Easter - for special occasions and any time we want to indulge in a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Old school with a twistpio007VIPDined on 5/11/2014Still thinking about the food we ate a couple days ago! From the scungilli salad, squid ink pasta, the " special ribeye", and the desserts. Everything here is amazing. Bobby and Benny made us feel very comfortable. They made sure everything was perfect. Even regulars from Bobby's were also over there eating. That says a lot.Special Features:
- The following 807 reviews are from the Cafe Lucci reviews archive.
- terrific food with good servicemarkDined on 5/4/2014Our first visit and we would go back. Service was very attentive. The dinner specials covered a variety of meals and were properly presented. The breadbasket and garlic spread was a bonus! Food had the authentic Italian appeal and taste. Well done. If I had one suggestion for the owners it would be to refresh the interior and give it a warmer, country Italian feel to go along with the great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and service. It was a bit loud, but it was a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.