Café Lou Lou
106 Sears Avenue
Louisville, KY 40207Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Café Lou Lou
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeloulou.com/
- Phone: 5028937776x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Clay Wallace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesday Night: Live Jazz (½ price wine by the bottle with entree)
A word from Café Lou Lou
Selected by LEO & Louisville Magazine reader's polls as "Best New restaurant 2005", Café Lou Lou offers casual dining in a funky pop art space. Food is fabulously eclectic & servings are generous. Please call for availability for larger parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Lou Lou reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- First visitBestdiningDined on 8/30/2014This was a real find! Tonight they had the broiled trout with crawfish and shrimp with a grits gravy - they best meal I have had in twenty years. I don't know how many times I have passed this place because we live less than a half mile away. Definitely a great place to take friends for great food and a memorable experience. Waiter was great. Can't say enough about this place Dick and Linda PSpecial Features:
- disappointedDined on 7/19/2014Carb loaded menu unless you want a salad. Wish the menu had other options.Special Features:
- Great FoodGreatBrunchLunchDined on 7/7/2014Café Lou Lou is a great find. I do a lot of lunches with friends & Lou Lou's is easy to get to and the food is delicious & served in generous portions with enough to share or take home for left overs. The prices are fair! Staff is very attentive & cheerful.Special Features:
- Best dishOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2014I love the dish I had the other night. It was a fettuccine bolognese, and it is the best dish I've had. I think it ought to be a regular on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMKLexDined on 6/10/2014Met up with family for a going away meal. Great food, caring staff! The perfect place for the occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 220 reviews are from the Café Lou Lou reviews archive.
- Enjoyable (tasty too!)MaryDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed a birthday dinner here with another couple. The pizzas are always a favorite of my husband, and the one that night didn't disappoint. I chose soup of the day (corn/chicken chowder with some poblano peppers) that was very tasty. Along with a large version of a salad, it was plenty for me. I had ordered the dressing on the side, but it was served with the dressing. Fortunately it wasn't too heavy or too much. Their wine selection is good, except they didn't have the white zin that my friend prefers.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit to Cafe Lou Lou. the atmosphere is casual, with a wide variety of clientele you would expect from a neighborhood gem. The service was attentive and friendly and the food was good. The only thing that limited my grading on the ambiance was the amount of noise. This was great for my wife and I, but carrying on a conversation across the table would be difficult if you had more people at the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Had a great experience. Service was great, fast and friendly. Food was fantastic. Great experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JtsrnDined on 5/2/2014This was a last minute jewel of a find. The service was excellent with a nice wine list. The best part of course was the food! I had grain salad from the special Derby menu that was delicious. I ordered the smoked salmon pizza at the recommendation of the waiter and it did not disappoint. The salmon flavor was not overpowering and the olives really added that extra "pop". It paired beautifully with the Chateau St. Michelle Chardonnay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local SceneOooohLALADined on 4/26/2014Cafe Lou Lou is an energetic local restaurant and bar with good food and nice ambience. it's comfort food with a good selection of beer. It's popular with everyone in my neighborhood and has reasonable prices...and also delivers!Special Features:
- Specials to die forChoosydinerDined on 4/25/2014I had two special of the day: the four cheese ravioli for my entree; the banana caramel pie for dessert. Both were amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great service,CarolVIPDined on 3/22/2014Delicious food, great service, awesome environment!Special Features:
- reunion nightRdytogoDined on 3/18/2014Perfect spot for our monthly girl's night!semi round table for a nice change!patient server!fab drinks&food!Special Features:
- GO CARDS!ClaudiaDined on 3/15/2014After I made a reservation for Saturday at 5:30 I called the restaurant to see if we could sit where we could watch the game. Dan was very accommodating and made sure we could sit in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices are reasonable. I wouldSusanVIPDined on 3/9/2014Prices are reasonable. I would have liked a smaller salad as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencejeffpatDined on 3/8/2014We only go a couple of times a year but it's always incredible. Our table was ready when we arrived, friendly hostess, great server named Kelly. There is something for everyone!Special Features:
- Want to give it another tryLwillis5Dined on 3/4/2014Granted we went on mardi gras so it was very busy, but the service was poor. I think we had to flag down our waiter 3 or 4 times However, the pizza was to die for and I know my pizza! This was "best I've had in Louisville". I will go back for that part alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Mardi GrasJvivDined on 2/28/2014We had a girls night the weekend before Mardi Gras and experienced some unexpected festivity!! With a special New Orleans menu, staff dressed in bourbon Street faire, and king cupcakes, it was a great night out for the girls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in St MatthewsfoodmanDined on 2/28/2014Very good cajun, and Italian food, Very good Muffalada, Piazza and other stuff as well We were there Friday and I had the Crawfish Etuffee. It was just like what I get regularly in New Orleans. Their Mardi Gras menu was great. Try a "Hurricane" It is like what I get at Pat O'Brians in New Orleans. We sent four friends their last night and they agreed that everything was very authentic New Orleans styleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diningfriends2dineDined on 2/26/2014We went to Cafe Lou Lou for first time with a group of girlfriends. Great service and great restaurant. Good times had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesBeauDined on 2/22/2014We love going to Cafe Lou Lou where we are always assured of a DELICIOUS healthy meal served fast before we attend a show downtown. You can make reservations on-line and the service is outstanding and friendly. We love the funky casual atmosphere. My favorite is the Grilled Chicken Salad and my husband often orders the specials from the chef. Their dark beer selection is better than average, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, casual settingYummyfood4uDined on 2/14/2014Great place for a 1st date, really good food at a reasonable price with a solid drink and bar menu. The atmosphere is pretty casual but I really setup. Went here for a valentines date with someone I had been talking with for only a couple weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine's dinnerRobwilDined on 2/14/2014I needed a place to take my date for valentine's day. Cafe Lou Lou was the only olace I could get on such short notice. I had never been there so I really didn't know what to expect. Everything was perfect. We had a great time. The food and service was great. I wouldn't call it a romantic venue. But it was for us that night. I couldn't be more pleased. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, comfortable, good valueCard2inalDined on 1/31/2014The chicken piccata pasta and the cajun pasta were both delicious. The salads were tasty. A nice place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Pizza in townKarenVIPDined on 1/24/2014Cafe Lou Lou's pizza is simply the best -- the fact that it is so good and always "hits the spot" probably keeps me from trying lots of other tasty items on the menu, but usually when we head there it's because I'm craving the Lou Lou Pizza and my husband is happy to oblige because he is a big fan of their Chong pizza. The pizza's come in two sizes 10" and 14" -- we usually opt for two of the smaller ones so that we can 1) each get our favorite and 2) have some left for lunch the next day. My husband also got the wedge salad which proclaimed as "the best wedge ever". The service was attentive and friendly (as always).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentfitfoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014Reasonably price, health choices, cozy atmosphere, those are the reasons I keep going back for lunch.Special Features:
- ConsistentButchDined on 1/17/2014Consistent service and quality and quantity of food so you are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- During the HolidaysBoozemanjackDined on 12/23/2013Cafe Lou Lou has good food, a well stocked bar and reasonable prices. We choose to go there when we are not sure what we want to eat or we're in the mood for a good pizza. While it is a popular spot, they take reservations … which is great. Our last meal was at the end of a shopping day, two days before Christmas. It was fairly crowded but we were seated quickly and served just as quickly. Yes, it gets a bit loud in there when crowded … but its worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the standards!KarenVIPDined on 12/1/2013Cafe Lou Lou can always be counted on for prompt, friendly service and good food. Though there were a couple in our group that weren't thrilled with their orders (gyros, black bean lasagna), we had a nice family lunch outing. Rave reviews for the caesar salad with chicken, pepperoni pizza, cuban sandwich, greek salad with chicken! The gyros was reportedly bland and the black bean lasagna just looked like a pool of black beans and cheese --- was told it didn't taste "bad" but it certainly was not lasagna (no noodles or anything other than cheese / beans).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best pizzas in townpowercarsearchVIPDined on 11/8/2013When we want a good pizza, Café Lou Lou is our go-to place. Pizza is not necessarily what they are best known for, but it should be! The pasta Carbonara is amazing as well! We always get good, consistent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2013Cafe Lou Lou is consistently great. We go at least once a month and always experience great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have issues with spiceyBirthdayManDined on 10/13/2013My father and great aunt ordered the chicken shwarma wrap. Both were surprised to find out that the item was spicy. The menu I don't think made a reference to the spiciness. so just double check with your server regarding if the item you are ordering is spicy or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodMissStilettoDined on 10/13/2013The special was fish tacos the night I went to dine and they were quite yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.MikeVIPDined on 10/9/2013Excellent food and service. Always enjoy going there. Mike was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewReverendDined on 10/9/2013We've been going to this restaurant since they opened. Clearly, we like it very much!Special Features:
- My husbands pizza was fantastic!cnbmomDined on 9/18/2013My husbands pizza was fantastic! My pasta was okay, but pizza was better. It was our first time though, so we weren't sure what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointingalphasisDined on 9/6/2013i love this place! they have a varied menu and an excellent beer selection. amazing service from the moment you walk in the door. cafe lou lou is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2013Just way to loud and noise level too high. Chaotic noise bouncing in every direction. Food always good, but most people agree there is a noise problem. I am an interior designer, I recommend they hire a designer to help!Special Features:
- It was "OK"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013My calzone was pretty good. My wife's pasta was marginal, not much favor. She said it would be fine for a beginner cook. The service was hit and miss...waitress had another large table vs just the two of us. Lots of kids, and loud....which s fine by me, but not everyone would be as understanding. Since its wasn't that noteworthy, we would probably try other places nod not return.Special Features:
- Food just okayKytennisDined on 6/15/2013I found the salad to be very good, but the appetizers which we had for dinner were very bland. So I rated the food as just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.