226 Ottawa Street North
Hamilton, ON L8H 3Z6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafelimoncello.com/
- Phone: 9055493556
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Café Limoncello offers on and off site customized catering, for all your functions. Whether it’s a baptism communion, anniversary, birthday party or corporate function, small or large, simple or elaborate, food only or full event planning, our experienced catering team can take care of all the details. Everything can be arranged to meet your desires and budget. Consider Café Limoncello for your next celebration. You will receive Café Limoncello quality food, pleasant professional service and compliments from your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: If you’re planning a special event, Café Limoncello has the perfect atmosphere. Whether it’s a birthday, first communion, baptism, anniversary, business luncheon or corporate event, why not consider our private party room, The Bella Room. This room can accommodate up to 50 of your special guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Leo 9055493556
A word from Cafe Limoncello
Surprise your senses! Italy may be distant but Cafe Limoncello is a perfect destination for Authentic Italian cuisine and great wines. Limoncello has developed a faithful following for its fabulous breakfast, lunch and dinner entrées, spectacular décor and friendly atmosphere. Out-of-this-world desserts and down-to-earth prices are also an integral part of the Café Limoncello experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Limoncello - Best Restaurants in Hamilton ›
Cafe Limoncello reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (9)special occasion (8)hot spot (6)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good service but too quickPrimeDined on 8/22/2014We have eaten at Limoncello several times but this time the server brought the entre while we we're still trying to eat the appetizer and salads and we had to send it back to the kitchen to keep warm. When they brought it back, it looked like a newly prepared entre and not the first one just re-heated. Bonus points for that, but since it wasn't busy that night, we wondered why the rush was to get the entre out quickly. We were there for a relaxing evening meal. Timing is very important and they should be aware of what it going on. I'm sure they will understand if they read this.Special Features:
- First time here. Not the lastMattmanDined on 8/18/2014First time dining here. Really enjoyed the food. Excellent selections and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Waitresses are very friendly and seem to enjoy teir work very much. They give you special attention and make you feel like a valued customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MichaelSeePhotographyDined on 8/9/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing. I love going there, and try to every chance we get. The staff are friendly and wonderful but most of all, prompt. You don't have to wait that long to order a drink, or food. They are ready for you. The only downside to the restaurant is, that it is very, very noisy. Not the staff's fault, however. With great food and great staff you will get a busy restaurant with happy customers so it can't be helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was phenomenal!mom23teachmanyDined on 7/11/2014Out for lunch with two friends. We shared our plates and everyone's good was delectable. Service was great, restaurant and restrooms were spotless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable timerestaurantjunkieDined on 7/2/2014Went to Cafe Limoncello's for the first time to celebrate my mom's birthday. Food was FANTASTIC! Cheesecake...to die for! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable get togetherDeb55Dined on 6/26/2014We had a birthday celebration dinner at Cafe Limoncello. The food was fantastic, very enjoyable. A real gem in our neighborhood. The portions are huge and very tasty. No one was disappointed. The servers were attentive. A dinner to remember.Special Features:
- Very good as usualbermsterDined on 6/23/2014I'm here whenever I'm in "The Hammer". Always good food and good service.Special Features:
- Great neighbourhood spotSLACRSDined on 6/20/2014Limoncello was a great spot for our group of retired friends. We all enjoyed the food, especially the pizza and the veal sandwich. Our server was fantastic, and so very funny too. We did not feel rushed to finiosh eating and move on, which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for lunchbermsterDined on 6/19/2014Food is consistently good. Today I enjoyed the pizza while my friend had pasta. When I'm in Hamilton for a meeting I'll usually stop here for lunch. I know what I'm getting and it's always been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!KatieDined on 6/15/2014This is my first time here and was pleasantly surprised with the amazing home cooked food! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Often ReturnSTAZDined on 6/13/2014Good food and exceptional staff. All at the right priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MetwithfriendsDined on 6/12/2014The place was very appealing and bright inside. Staff was friendly and greeted us promptly. My cutlet sandwich was grisly and another guest's meatball sandwich was not very tasty. An order of gnocchi was ruined with an over-abundance of garlic added. An order was also messed up with a side salad or full salad order as the waitress did not seem to get it right. Our waitress seemed condescending and I dislike it very much when a waitress, sales clerk or stranger calls me honey or sweetie or something like that. Staff should be taught to not address customers this way. It was very busy at lunch and the service was prompt, considering how hectic it was for them.Special Features:
- Great spot for a business lunchawp1VIPDined on 6/10/2014Our first time trying this neighbourhood spot in the middle of a 'village' within the city. Web site claimed great pasta and Cafe Limoncello did not disappoint. Veal (marsala, with mushrooms) was excellent, a generous portion, half came home. Partner had the eggplant parm, very good but could have been served a bit warmer. Most if not all of the clientele excepting us were locals though, and we were not the only ones there talking business. Menu was varied and interesting enough to want us to drive back into the City some evening and try dinner here. The service was excellent, with staff being very friendly and attentive, as one might expect in a 'neighbourhood' style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best little place in town !drothwellDined on 6/8/2014Food is great but Melissa and the entire staff is why we keep going back . Always have everything that we need and more ! We usually have a party of 10 and allow us LOVE LimoncellosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not authenticHoudiniDined on 5/31/2014The food was not authentic Italian. The linguini with pesto cream sauce and chicken tasted more like salt than anything else. The chicken was in small cubes! --- and did not taste freshly roasted or sautéed. The salad greens were a bit wilted. Only good part was the lemon tart dessert.Special Features:
- The following 203 reviews are from the Cafe Limoncello reviews archive.
- My Go-To RestaurantGlutenFreeGalDined on 5/10/2014Whether I want a great gluten-free pizza, or my husband wants to take me out in a special occasion, Café Limoncello is always our first choice. For our latest visit (Mothers Day) i enjoyed Mushroom Risotto and a side Greek salad. My husband loved his libster and scallops with fettuccine. A half-litre of wine plus dessert with a latte...it was exceptional. The entire meal was a delight and the attentive, friendly staff made the occasion even more special. We highly recommend Café Limoncello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!goodfood4meDined on 4/26/2014Limoncello is our go to restaurant we we want a guaranteed good meal. The daily specials are always interesting and worth trying, but if not, the regular menu items are also very delicious and well prepared. The menu has something for everyone. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. Excellent service is consistent no matter when you go. We've been for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have literally never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch WOW!!!radhaDined on 4/12/2014I know what I have been missing...perfect salmon eggs Benedict with a lick your plate hollandaise sauce and Mediterranean omelette with a side of Italian sausage . Clean and bright. Service was great from the minute we walked in. server made excellent recommendations. Food came out fast and hot. No complaints , will be going back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like this place. This wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014I like this place. This was my 3rd visit. I like their food, prices and ambience. I had the seafood platter and a side caeser salad. The salad was great, very nice dressing. I enjoyed the entree as well but it could use some improvement. It came with risotto which was a bit overcooked. The onions that were added we have been better if they had been caramalized. The risotto was on the bland side, needed some zip. The salmon and shrimp were tastey but the grilled calamari were bland as well. They were cooked to perfection but they needed more than olive oil. I actually added salt and pepper to my food, which I rarely do. This dish would be so much better if it was more flavourful. Their coffee is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud for HSPHSPStyleDined on 4/3/2014Acoustics make for too loud of an environment for anyone who is HSP. If you enjoy a more noisy volume then this is a wonderful choice. The gluten-free pizza crust was the best that I have had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersVansitmartDined on 3/31/2014My husband and I loved this restaurant and now we say we are only going there if we want pasta because it's by far the best pasta we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely would returndaveDined on 3/29/2014This has a nice welcoming atmosphere, the food is very tasty with generous portions, the staff is friendly and relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodDundasCoupleDined on 3/22/2014had never been to this restaurant despite it being around for years, decided to try another part of the city. Nice location with a view of a parkette, must be nicer in summer- but that may never come this year! Full selection of apps, pastas and entrees. My gnocchi was soft and delicious in the rose sauce. Ample size serving too which I just couldn't finish off. Nice desserts, appear to be from outside the restaurant. Will definitely add this place to our usual restaurant rota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!!drothwellDined on 3/16/2014Every time I have went to Limoncello cafe it has been great ....never wanting or waiting for anything ..waitress staff is fantastic... feels like going into an old family friends home ...food is great in both quality and quantity !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlacePuddsDined on 3/1/2014Everything was great, the only suggestion is to have a place to put coats. Other than that everything was great, I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableAlCathVIPDined on 3/1/2014Cafe Limoncello is a great place to visit for wonderful Italian food, but just as pleasant to go for breakfast/brunch. Generous servings with plenty of fruit.Special Features:
- Great PlacedrothwellDined on 2/28/2014My family and I have been going to Limoncello for about 4months now for breakfast on Sundays . Our waitress Melissa recommend we try out their dinner menu some time so for my mothers 81st birthday we made reservations and it was fabulous . The food was outstanding ..the girls made my Mom feel like a Queen for the night .They brought her cake while singing Happy Birthday . Everyone enjoyed their food and service , never wanting or waiting for anything ! Great job Lemoncello .Special Features:
- Cafe Limoncello consistently greatTGIFhereDined on 2/20/2014Can always count on great food and service from the best waitresses in town. Thanks for the extra effort you always give to make our visit easy and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is good!JcampbellDined on 2/9/2014My brother use to work here. We booked my mother's 50th luncheon here and every time someone asked my brother what to get he would say "everything's good!" He wasn't kidding!! All 13 of us enjoyed our chosen meals. Limoncello is a gem to Ottawa Street, and Hamilton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itHamilton67VIPDined on 2/2/2014Lucky to dine at Limoncello on Super Bowl Sunday with great deals to be had: all regular pasta dishes were $8 while a glass of wine came in at $4 - we liked that! Service was solid, with one experienced and one inexperienced waitress, so two levels but certainly pleasant. Caesar salad was very good. While the presentation on the plate lacked a bit, the main courses were tasty and got finished up. Dessert was nice - different kinds of cheesecakes and really good.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014Cafe Limoncello has been our go to place for a few years. The food is wonderful and the portions are more than generous......even when you chose a 'smaller' plate! If you like sausage seafood, and pasta.........you simply must try the pasta jambalaya---wonderful!Special Features:
- Always DependableSTAZDined on 1/11/2014We have made about 6 visits in the last 3 months and never have we been dissatisfied. Each time I've tried a different entre and again always perfect. We have been in groups of 4 or 5 and just the 2 of us and our friends have always been satisfied. Staff is always there when you want them and they always have a sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but oneWillieDined on 12/21/2013Every thing was really great except for my husband's gnocci-which was the special. The meat was over cooked & dry & the pasta was under cooked. I am sorry he did not say anything till after we got home. I was so mad with him. He loves his pasta so that was a big disapointment.Special Features:
- Tasty food but noiseyUGBradDined on 12/16/2013Great tasting Italian food, everyone at the table was happy. The noise level in the restaurant makes it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutTapperfinnDined on 12/7/2013The food was amazing, waitress got out drink orders wrong. Felt like they kind of rushed us out of there because we weren't drinking. Other than that great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemluvgoodfoodDined on 11/30/2013Took a friend to one of my favourite dining spots and she was impressed! She loved the vibe of the cafe and the location tucked away on Ottawa street. She had the Pizza Margherita with a side Caesar. The pizza was cooked to her liking, spices very flavourful and perfect crust! Size was unexpected and a lot went home. Caesar salad was awesome as usual. Just the right amount of garlic and dressing! I had the small portion ofthe pasta Frutti de Mar (again) and it was more than enough with nice size pieces of seafood covered in a tasty sauce. Service was awesome as usual. My only negative comment on this restaurant is the noise level. It can be very loud, especially if thereare any large groups dining. All, in all, we were both very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013The food was great, the service was great, I'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms 59thAdrianaDined on 11/21/2013We live in the neighbourhood and frequently drop in at Limoncellos for brunch. It was my first time using the online service to reserve a table and it worked really seamlessly. It was my moms 59th birthday and I wanted to ensure we got a table. Everyone was incredibly satisfied with their meal, the portions are huge and the price is very reasonable. We asked our server to pair a glass of wine with each meal and she came through with great pairings, no hesitation! What an awesome night out with the family. I can't wait to return, I love our neighbourhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza!lovelunchesDined on 11/1/2013Had lunch with two other ladies and all had pizza. It was awesome! Service was great. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.