Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's
431 St. Armand's Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeleurope.net/
- Phone: 941-388-4415x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Continental
- Executive Chef: Rolando Casillas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off site boutique catering and event planning. From weddings and rehearsals dinners to disaster relief .
- Entertainment: The Sultry Sounds of Sarah Combs and friend Wednesday and Thursday nights 6:30 to 9:30.
A word from Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's
For over 40 years Cafe L'Europe has been Sarasota's premier dining destination, serving award winning continental cuisine with a contemporary flair paired with an award wining wine list. We specialize in tableside dining from shrimp pernod appetizers to flambéed desserts, our trained staff will exceed your expectations time and time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (38)special occasion (37)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (17)good for groups (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014couldnt have done a better job, food was amazing and service was great. food was out of this world. the lobster bisque was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and deliciousSueCVIPDined on 9/14/2014On a very hot steamy afternoon in September, the patio was delightfully cool. Our lunch was delicious and well presented. Excellent traditional service by well trained staff. Hostess was friendly and welcoming. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The restaurant has a very quiet charm to you can feel as soon as you enter the premises. We were immediately greet by Michael, who then proceeded to lead us to our table. The wait service was very attentive and friendly. They attended to all our questions and needs. The food was a real big surprise for my wife and myself. My wife had the slow roasted lamb short rib and I the duck. Both of our dinners were flavorful and perfect. I would highly recommend this establishment for a wonderful night out and for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Greek Feast MonthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Had Greek Feast for $40pp. Disappointed that they ran out of dessert we wanted. Made no other option so we had to get two different desserts on menu. Return??? Don't know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Sadly I've lived in Sarasota for almost 30 years and have never ventured into this restaurant. I think I always assumed I wouldn't like the menu due to the restaurant's name. Talk about judging a book by it's cover, boy was I wrong. I was taking some clients out to dinner and they recommended that we go to Cafe L'Europe. I was incredibly impressed with the menu and decided to have the char grilled atlantic salmon, brandied berry compote, brie sauce, asparagus, jasmine rice which was excellent and my wife had the filet mignon which was also wonderful. No doubt that we have discovered a new favorite place for a nice night out.Special Features:
- opinion: mediocre and overpriceddaveVIPDined on 8/2/2014We visit frequently in the area. We generally avoid the Circle restaurants, but decided to give this one a try for a change of scene. Opinion: The food was mediocre at best, and the service was not commensurate with relatively high prices. Portion sizes were about right. Opinion: There are many very good restaurants within a few miles of the Circle (e.g., Bijou Cafe, Harry's, Euphemia Haye upstairs, and Duval's are comparably priced, and Cafe Don Giovanni, Cafe Baci, and Ciao's are less expensive but very good). I suggest you try one of these if you are looking for a place to eat.
- our 'fine dining' experienceHeidifinediningfriendsDined on 7/20/2014We are a group of 8, 4 couples going out for'fine dining'once a month. We were celebrating 2 Birthdays -1 Anniversary. Service - food - fabulous. 5 star Restaurant. IF you have a menu choice -offering meal with a bottle of wine-it should have bin mentioned -BEFORE we placed a drink order!To our surprise at the end the wait staff presented several beautiful plates with a piece of cake, a candle - Happy Birthday - Anniversary written on the plate. All of us were totally pleased with the ambiance. the way we were served - we had the most fabulous time. It is 'pricy' - but for the occasion it was totally worth it. Thanks for making this event really special to all of us. My husband and I - will be back for another 'fine dining' experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyDined on 7/12/2014We absolutely love dining at Cafe L'Europe. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service, great food prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014The food was fantastic!! My filet melted in my mouth and everything else was great too!!Special Features:
- Quite goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We were seated immediately at the table of our choice which was outside. Service was attentive. Food was quite good, but priced a bit high for the selection. Maybe the price fixed or lunch is a better choice. The fish was well prepared and moist, and the filet Mignon, while good, was not the high quality I am used to. The creamed spinach was drowned in sauce, but tasty. The flies are a little annoying outside, so maybe sit inside towards the front where it is lighter. We were served a complimentary piece of flourless chocolate cake for our birthday celebration, a generous touch. Overall, we'll give it another try for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 7/5/2014LOVED this restaurant. I had surf and turf and it was excellent. Our server, Maria, is Italian and she was great. I had the best bananas foster made at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!LisaDined on 7/3/2014Cafe L'Europe never disappoints! The food was fabulous right down to the bananas foster made table side for dessert but it is the staff that truly makes the evening. They are all so attentive, friendly and truly care about their jobs. It was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- The good, the bad.....JudeeVIPDined on 6/30/2014Shrimp, cooked table side, were wonderful. My husband's pork tenderloin was very disappointing. Cold, tasteless. My husband did not want to disturb my enjoyment so he did not say anything until the end of our meal. It was obvious as his plate was hardly touched. This was our second visit...had the veal about a month ago and it was also a disappointment. Wanted to try again as the ambiance of this restaurant is so quaint.Special Features:
- Always 5 starjeanshahVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love to go to cafe Europe' especially when they have the 2 course Summer menu with a bottle of wine. Lunch is always good too. Service is especially good, and food always 5 star.Special Features:
- 3rd AnniversaryelegantbloomDined on 6/24/2014Thank You so much for a wonderful experience on our anniversary. Every aspect of our dinner (and long after) was beyond fantastic. The service was one of a kind and the table side dessert was quite a treat. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Sarasota DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed our first time dinning in Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's and I must say it was enjoyable from the time we walked in and walked out. The crispy duck was the best I every had. The waiter was fantastic and gave us his opinion on the foods to dine on. We look forward to coming back to this restaurant in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014One of our most favorite restaurants. Has a great history of satisfaction. Excellent cuisine with superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryinenglewoodDined on 6/15/2014We live about 40 miles from Cafe L'Europe and had not dined there in a few years because of the distance. It was our 51st wedding anniversary and I asked my wife where she would like to go for dinner. She said her favorite meal ever was always Cafe L'Europe's Dover Sole. I checked to see if they still had it and they did. When we prepared to order I told our waiter my wife did not need a menu because she wanted the Dover Sole. The waiter said they were out! We could not believe it. The entire evening was planned around the Dover Sole. We were tremendously disappointed. I was shocked that they would be out of one of their specialities that they are known for.Special Features:
- Enjoyed and will be back!DelaneyKDined on 6/14/2014Delicious dinner. Service a little slow but they were busy as it was a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Armand'sBrendaDined on 6/14/2014I have worked at Dream Weaver for 17 years and have never been to your restaurant, however, I have always recommended it to my clients. It was fantastic and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationsLPcriticDined on 6/14/2014Service was not what I would expect at such an establishment. Only One piece of bread per person was given. Never offered another. Water glasses not filed. Food came out cold. They added tip to check. Party of 3. I will not return. Wine list not great.Special Features:
- FantasticSilverandgoldDined on 6/14/2014Culinary showplace. Alfredo U offered outstanding service that is hard to find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Made relatively early reservation at 6:00pm to avoid crowd. Service very slow and unresponsive. Ordered off Savor menu..nothing complicated. Had to ask to see server several times although her assistant Willie was very accommodating. We were at the table for 2.5 hours and not because we wanted to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again, Perfect!Mac4104VIPDined on 6/13/2014Dined on the Savor Sarasota menus! Delicious options, excellent service, lovely ambience! A Winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimboVIPDined on 6/10/2014Our means were very good, but not the outstanding quality that we are used to from L'Europe. It could have been an "off-nite" for the chef, or it might be that they skimp a little on their pre-fixe dinners. At any rate, we plan to return to what has become one of our two or three favorite Sarasota restaurants.Special Features:
- Cafe L'Europe in JuneCapsFanVIPDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed the whole experience - waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable, the menu was full of interesting items, and the meal was delicious. Had the red snapper ala greek and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everDineoftenVIPDined on 6/8/2014We've been coming here for years and it remains a favorite. Good and service is always great. Seating is cramped but it's still worth the overall expierence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRasiusDined on 6/7/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and last Saturday night only served to reinforce that fact. The food and service are always outstanding, but what set this evening apart was Michael who was working "front of house". His welcoming style and gregarious nature was such a pleasant "plus" on the evening. Witty, engaging and friendly --- a wonderful compliment to a fine dinning experience. And no, I don't own the restaurant. It is just that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoring Cafe L'EuropekayakopaDined on 6/6/2014We dined for lunch during the SavorSarasota promotion. The lobster bisque was outstanding as were the crepes. For $15, this was a high value experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apart from the crowdLordRolyDined on 6/5/2014Delightful without the noise and crowds normal on St Armand's Exceptional service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continental...yet casualsallygwhizDined on 6/5/2014Went with another couple as part of the "Savor Sarasota" promotion. Did not know exactly what to expect...but it scored big on all fronts. There were several choices in each of three categories as part of the promotion. The men had the crab/lobster bisque. Delish! The women had the salad (also fabulous). We had a 2/2 split on the entree. Two of us had the salmon; two the rolled chicken affair with crabmeat and spinach. Crepes Suzette finished off the meal. We were seated in the restaurant but on the fringe of the sidewalk. It was a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe L'Europe Is WonderfulMac4104VIPDined on 6/5/2014Had Savor Sarasota lunches, food choices were creative, everything was delicious, service was very good, perfect setting on St Armand's Circle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials are kept a secretFoodie54VIPDined on 6/4/2014While we always have a nice meal at the restaurant and service is professional but lacking a little warmth, the warning for other diners is that special menus are not disclosed. We have a vacation home in longboat key, florida and went this week which happens to be restaurant week in Sarasota. When the menu is brought to the table the $29.00 restaurant week menu is not shown. The $40.00 summer menu special for each summer month is also not shown. If you are a local you know to ask for these menus. The poor tourists do not know and are taken advantage of. This is not how hospitality is supposed to work. . This tactic should be corrected !!!Special Features:
- Underwhelming!JackVIPDined on 6/4/2014First, this is a fine restaurant that celebrating 40 years. However, our visit was an off night. First they couldn't find our open table reservation. Then upon sitting down and waiting ten minutes for a waiter, had to ask for the special Restaurant Week menu as it's not offered to you. So the food was ok but not up to their standards. They were very busy and seemed to be catering to a large group of seniors from a nearby luxury village that picked them up by bus. Another comment on the food, many lunches here in the past have been outstanding so go for lunch, it's also a better deal on the special menu. Beware in the evening if they are busy even during the week.
- Savor Sarasota LunchNewintownDined on 6/4/2014We enjoyed the 'Savor Sarasota' lunch menu at Cafe L'Europe and it proved to be an excellent way to experience a nice variety at a very nominal price ($15) for a choice of 2 Appetizers/4 Entrees/ 2 Desserts! We all tried something different and the Ahi Tuna entree ($16 as an appetizer on the regular menu) was a big hit as were the Chicken Florentine Crepes and we all loved both appetizer & dessert options. Service was friendly, attentive and efficient - a minor error on the check was easily amended. An added plus was a mini-fashion show with a strolling model from Foxy Lady while we ate outdoors ... Very enjoyable experience and we will frequent Cafe L'Europe often whenever we go to enjoy the energy of St. Armand's. Thank you!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekmyfavoriteVIPDined on 6/3/2014We enjoyed our meal with friends during restaurant week in town. We have been here before always excellent food and service.Special Features:
- The following 39 reviews are from the Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's reviews archive.
- Sarasota DivaGlorySDined on 6/1/2014Absolutely the best in St. Armand Key. Wonderful ambience, great food and perfect service. Very enjoyable and a real Sarasota treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICED FOR POOR FOODRONALDDined on 5/31/2014The bread is too large and very common,the duck is dry and the skin is fatty,not crispy,pork chop was very tough and had no flavor.Special Features:
- Always a great timejeanshahVIPDined on 5/25/2014We have been to Cafe Europe' many times and it is always good. The summer menu is very good value. If you get there for 5:00pm it is three courses including a bottle of wine for $69.99 per couple. Excellent choice of several appetizers and entrees, and free dessert before 6pm. Wonderful food! We had a party of 6.Special Features:
- Wonderful settingJudeeVIPDined on 5/22/2014Great table on the covered patio, AWESOME! Great steak! Exceptional service.Special Features: