Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's
431 St. Armand's Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeleurope.net/
- Phone: (941) 388-4415
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Continental
- Executive Chef: Rolando Casillas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off site boutique catering and event planning. From weddings and rehearsals dinners to disaster relief .
- Entertainment: The Sultry Sounds of Sarah Combs and friend Wednesday and Thursday nights 6:30 to 9:30.
A word from Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's
For over 42 years Cafe L'Europe has been Sarasota's premier dining destination, serving award winning continental cuisine with a contemporary flair paired with an award wining wine list. We specialize in tableside dining from shrimp pernod appetizers to flambéed desserts, our trained staff will exceed your expectations time and time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (18)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (9)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2014Our party of six had a great time - nice sized table, great service, and the food was excellent. We will definitely be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EverQkslvrDined on 11/18/2014We've decided that our recent lunch at Cafe l'Europe was our best everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy every time!FoodieSRQVIPDined on 11/9/2014We have been going to Cafe L'Europe for 3 years and enjoy the food and ambiance every time. The service can be spotty, which is unfortunate. However, the quality of the food and presentation make up for it, but it is still a bit frustrating. This time they were out of the wine we chose. It was a Sunday, so perhaps they were slammed by the weekend crowd. We do recommend this place to all our friends. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesQkslvrDined on 11/8/2014Cafe l'Europe has been one of our favorites in the world for years. It's now become a favorite for our children, and their children whenever we visit Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service fantasticQueenBDined on 11/7/2014Recently celebrated anniversary there. We were seated in a great spot facing the street. Food was very good and the service fantastic. Marriana (spelling?) from Italy was our main server. Wonderful girl who attended to every detail and made the night special for both of us. Friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. Been coming to Café Europe for 20 years from St Petersburg for special occasions. Hope to be coming back for 20 more.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2014Cafe L'Europe never disappoints. With careful preparation and a nice array of choices, this is a fine dining establishment we always return to when we visit the Sarasota area. Of particular note are the Caesar salad and duckling aux cerises. The wait staff are well trained and attentive, adding to the overall charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!memoriesDined on 10/30/2014Brought friends, a couple from England, for dinner. They were suitably impressed. We were greeted at the entrance like old friends and ushered to our table in a venue warm with subdued lighting, gleaming crystal and silver and other customers enjoying the ambiance. The wait staff were very attentive, including one gentleman with a song or two to enhance our experience. Our dinners were everything we had hoped for; delicious, inventive and memorable. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Armand's gem!MoonstruckDined on 10/11/2014We have been going to Cafe L'Europe for many years. It is still one of our favorites. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is lovely. We go there on special occasions, when family is in town, and we even went there for dinner one Thanksgiving with our dog!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerBarnDined on 10/3/2014We were looking for a nice place for our anniversary and just happened to think about the café. Our experience was great, the staff was very friendly and not pretentious, food was outstanding and the ambiance was quaint with the option of sitting outside on St. Armonds circle. And they gave us complimentary desert with happy anniversary on it. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/30/2014My husband's goat cheese and beet salad was good, as was his grouper entree. I had the Spanish menu and not one dish that I was served was good. The gazpacho was so salty that it was not edible. The paella lacked flavor, very bland. The chocolate flan did not have any chocolate taste. We told our server that the chocolate flan appeared to have no chocolate, it was replaced with a chocolate cake. This too was a disappointment. It was heavy and sticky, did not have a "good quality" chocolate taste.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014couldnt have done a better job, food was amazing and service was great. food was out of this world. the lobster bisque was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and deliciousSueCVIPDined on 9/14/2014On a very hot steamy afternoon in September, the patio was delightfully cool. Our lunch was delicious and well presented. Excellent traditional service by well trained staff. Hostess was friendly and welcoming. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The restaurant has a very quiet charm to you can feel as soon as you enter the premises. We were immediately greet by Michael, who then proceeded to lead us to our table. The wait service was very attentive and friendly. They attended to all our questions and needs. The food was a real big surprise for my wife and myself. My wife had the slow roasted lamb short rib and I the duck. Both of our dinners were flavorful and perfect. I would highly recommend this establishment for a wonderful night out and for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Greek Feast MonthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Had Greek Feast for $40pp. Disappointed that they ran out of dessert we wanted. Made no other option so we had to get two different desserts on menu. Return??? Don't know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Sadly I've lived in Sarasota for almost 30 years and have never ventured into this restaurant. I think I always assumed I wouldn't like the menu due to the restaurant's name. Talk about judging a book by it's cover, boy was I wrong. I was taking some clients out to dinner and they recommended that we go to Cafe L'Europe. I was incredibly impressed with the menu and decided to have the char grilled atlantic salmon, brandied berry compote, brie sauce, asparagus, jasmine rice which was excellent and my wife had the filet mignon which was also wonderful. No doubt that we have discovered a new favorite place for a nice night out.Special Features:
- opinion: mediocre and overpriceddaveVIPDined on 8/2/2014We visit frequently in the area. We generally avoid the Circle restaurants, but decided to give this one a try for a change of scene. Opinion: The food was mediocre at best, and the service was not commensurate with relatively high prices. Portion sizes were about right. Opinion: There are many very good restaurants within a few miles of the Circle (e.g., Bijou Cafe, Harry's, Euphemia Haye upstairs, and Duval's are comparably priced, and Cafe Don Giovanni, Cafe Baci, and Ciao's are less expensive but very good). I suggest you try one of these if you are looking for a place to eat.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's reviews archive.
- our 'fine dining' experienceHeidifinediningfriendsDined on 7/20/2014We are a group of 8, 4 couples going out for'fine dining'once a month. We were celebrating 2 Birthdays -1 Anniversary. Service - food - fabulous. 5 star Restaurant. IF you have a menu choice -offering meal with a bottle of wine-it should have bin mentioned -BEFORE we placed a drink order!To our surprise at the end the wait staff presented several beautiful plates with a piece of cake, a candle - Happy Birthday - Anniversary written on the plate. All of us were totally pleased with the ambiance. the way we were served - we had the most fabulous time. It is 'pricy' - but for the occasion it was totally worth it. Thanks for making this event really special to all of us. My husband and I - will be back for another 'fine dining' experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyDined on 7/12/2014We absolutely love dining at Cafe L'Europe. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service, great food prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The food was fantastic!! My filet melted in my mouth and everything else was great too!!Special Features:
- Quite goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We were seated immediately at the table of our choice which was outside. Service was attentive. Food was quite good, but priced a bit high for the selection. Maybe the price fixed or lunch is a better choice. The fish was well prepared and moist, and the filet Mignon, while good, was not the high quality I am used to. The creamed spinach was drowned in sauce, but tasty. The flies are a little annoying outside, so maybe sit inside towards the front where it is lighter. We were served a complimentary piece of flourless chocolate cake for our birthday celebration, a generous touch. Overall, we'll give it another try for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 7/5/2014LOVED this restaurant. I had surf and turf and it was excellent. Our server, Maria, is Italian and she was great. I had the best bananas foster made at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!LisaDined on 7/3/2014Cafe L'Europe never disappoints! The food was fabulous right down to the bananas foster made table side for dessert but it is the staff that truly makes the evening. They are all so attentive, friendly and truly care about their jobs. It was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- The good, the bad.....JudeeVIPDined on 6/30/2014Shrimp, cooked table side, were wonderful. My husband's pork tenderloin was very disappointing. Cold, tasteless. My husband did not want to disturb my enjoyment so he did not say anything until the end of our meal. It was obvious as his plate was hardly touched. This was our second visit...had the veal about a month ago and it was also a disappointment. Wanted to try again as the ambiance of this restaurant is so quaint.Special Features:
- Always 5 starjeanshahVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love to go to cafe Europe' especially when they have the 2 course Summer menu with a bottle of wine. Lunch is always good too. Service is especially good, and food always 5 star.Special Features:
- 3rd AnniversaryelegantbloomDined on 6/24/2014Thank You so much for a wonderful experience on our anniversary. Every aspect of our dinner (and long after) was beyond fantastic. The service was one of a kind and the table side dessert was quite a treat. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Sarasota DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed our first time dinning in Cafe L'Europe - St Armand's and I must say it was enjoyable from the time we walked in and walked out. The crispy duck was the best I every had. The waiter was fantastic and gave us his opinion on the foods to dine on. We look forward to coming back to this restaurant in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014One of our most favorite restaurants. Has a great history of satisfaction. Excellent cuisine with superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryinenglewoodDined on 6/15/2014We live about 40 miles from Cafe L'Europe and had not dined there in a few years because of the distance. It was our 51st wedding anniversary and I asked my wife where she would like to go for dinner. She said her favorite meal ever was always Cafe L'Europe's Dover Sole. I checked to see if they still had it and they did. When we prepared to order I told our waiter my wife did not need a menu because she wanted the Dover Sole. The waiter said they were out! We could not believe it. The entire evening was planned around the Dover Sole. We were tremendously disappointed. I was shocked that they would be out of one of their specialities that they are known for.Special Features:
- Enjoyed and will be back!DelaneyKDined on 6/14/2014Delicious dinner. Service a little slow but they were busy as it was a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Armand'sBrendaDined on 6/14/2014I have worked at Dream Weaver for 17 years and have never been to your restaurant, however, I have always recommended it to my clients. It was fantastic and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationsLPcriticDined on 6/14/2014Service was not what I would expect at such an establishment. Only One piece of bread per person was given. Never offered another. Water glasses not filed. Food came out cold. They added tip to check. Party of 3. I will not return. Wine list not great.Special Features:
- FantasticSilverandgoldDined on 6/14/2014Culinary showplace. Alfredo U offered outstanding service that is hard to find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Made relatively early reservation at 6:00pm to avoid crowd. Service very slow and unresponsive. Ordered off Savor menu..nothing complicated. Had to ask to see server several times although her assistant Willie was very accommodating. We were at the table for 2.5 hours and not because we wanted to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again, Perfect!Mac4104VIPDined on 6/13/2014Dined on the Savor Sarasota menus! Delicious options, excellent service, lovely ambience! A Winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimboVIPDined on 6/10/2014Our means were very good, but not the outstanding quality that we are used to from L'Europe. It could have been an "off-nite" for the chef, or it might be that they skimp a little on their pre-fixe dinners. At any rate, we plan to return to what has become one of our two or three favorite Sarasota restaurants.Special Features:
- Cafe L'Europe in JuneCapsFanVIPDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed the whole experience - waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable, the menu was full of interesting items, and the meal was delicious. Had the red snapper ala greek and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everDineoftenVIPDined on 6/8/2014We've been coming here for years and it remains a favorite. Good and service is always great. Seating is cramped but it's still worth the overall expierence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRasiusDined on 6/7/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and last Saturday night only served to reinforce that fact. The food and service are always outstanding, but what set this evening apart was Michael who was working "front of house". His welcoming style and gregarious nature was such a pleasant "plus" on the evening. Witty, engaging and friendly --- a wonderful compliment to a fine dinning experience. And no, I don't own the restaurant. It is just that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoring Cafe L'EuropekayakopaDined on 6/6/2014We dined for lunch during the SavorSarasota promotion. The lobster bisque was outstanding as were the crepes. For $15, this was a high value experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apart from the crowdLordRolyDined on 6/5/2014Delightful without the noise and crowds normal on St Armand's Exceptional service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.