330-F Main Street
Seal Beach, CA 90740Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafelafayette.biz/default.asp?page=1
- Phone: 5625989566
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Tue: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, 8:00 am - 2:30 pm Wed - Sat: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm Sun: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Cafe Lafayette
Cafe Lafayette is conveniently located at 330-F Main Street in Seal Beach California, surrounded by a variety of local retail stores and the beautiful Seal Beach ambience. Please join us for a quick but classic meal in an inviting and upscale environment only at Cafe Lafayette! Delicious food and fabulous service is what you can expect from Cafe Lafayette. Our quaint dining area with wonderful classic decor is open for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner... so you can't go wrong!! Our service is friendly and professional and our menu has a variety of dishes to choose from to please everyone in your family! Join us at Cafe Lafayette today, we look forward to seeing you here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/16/2013It's not about the view or the romance - simply the food is amazing! The service is exceptional as well :)Special Features:
- The biggest problem we encounterCatMomVIPDined on 12/14/2013The biggest problem we encounter with the restaurant is the lack of servers -- typically only one server for about 15 tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal, once againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2013Whenever I get a chance to have dinner in Seal Beach, I always pick Cafe LaFayette. Food is excellent (we both had their fish and chips) and service is tops!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait in spite of reservationSharonDined on 11/9/2013We had an Open Table reservation, but still had to wait almost an hour to be seated. Service was very slow. They appeared understaffed.
- Nice Neighborhood Diner for FoodiesEricVIPDined on 10/25/2013An unusual mix of old and contemporary, the Lafayette Café in Seal Beach is a great place to stop in for lunch. The crowd was mostly older locals but the vibe was still energetic and upscale. My Chicken Panini (sandwich) was delicious and our server was relaxed but efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Date NightmikeDined on 10/1/2013This restaurant was perfect for a date. The place is cozy and the service is good. The food was excellent and the chef came out to ask how it was. I like that in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Cafe LafayetteSteelbirdsDined on 9/21/2013They were busy and wanted to use just two people to serve. Not enough. Staff appropriately. Please do not thank me for being patient. I paid for service. A duck dish for $26 and you provide a leg and thigh only.Special Features:
- Cafe Lafayette5FreeDined on 7/31/2013I was given the task from my manager to find a restaruant in Seal Beach to hold a team lunch meeting. After googling for restaurants in Seal Beach, Cafe Lafayette kept popping up. I read the reviews and decided to give this place a try. Although I was surprised on how small the space was, I was surprised that they were able to accomodate our 10 person reservation. The food was great and the servers were very attentive. Overall my coworkers enjoyed their lunch and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemColleenDined on 6/1/2013Great menu with a wide variety of food, wine and beer selection. Friendly staff, cozy atmosphere, a great place for a family or just the two of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real nice place to eat. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2013Real nice place to eat. Food was delicious. Will return. The only downfall is the parking. Restaurant is located on a very busy street with meter and two hour parking (not good), aside from the parking this will be one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsaim4funDined on 5/12/2013Had a great time bringing my mom, who was visiting from out of state. Nice "local" scene and just good ambience! She enjoyed everything about CL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love trying new places3dsmomDined on 5/8/2013booking was a small error, they were very nice about it. would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarahKarahDined on 5/6/2013Had a lovely lunch. Great service, interesting menu, nice atmosphere and tasty food. I would go again.Special Features:
- It was O.K. If you want tocasinobobVIPDined on 5/1/2013It was O.K. If you want to pay extra for a more expensive item, they won't let you do it. But the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a keeper!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2013Great service, attentive and very pleasant. We both ordered the cavatelli with sausage, house salad and slit the Belgian chocolate gelato. Hot bread with a two wonderful spreads came before the meal. Luckily there were two pieces each otherwise we would not have had room for dinner as the bread was so yummy. House salad was very nicely dressed with a light dressing, tomatoes, corn, slice black olives (the kalamata kind, not the black olives out of a can!). The entrees were perfect: piping hot! Why can all restaurants serve the meal on a hot plate/bowl! Our server offered freshly grated parmesan. The final wonderful part was the gelato! Will definitely be a repeat customer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We totally enjoyed our foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2013We totally enjoyed our food and the service was prompt a d the servers were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Located right on Main StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Located right on Main Street in Seal Beach, one of the best little places to grab dinner and walk around. Great food and amazing service, some of the best around!Special Features:
- We always enjoy dining atVaughnVIPDined on 4/23/2013We always enjoy dining at Café Lafayette. The food is always delicious and it tastes even better when you have a Groupon for 4 persons. This included a salad or soup for each person, an entrée for each, two desserts to share and two bottles of wine. The chicken cordon bleu is excellent as is the veal scaloppini. I rated the service as good only because there was just one waitress serving the whole restaurant with the owner doing his best to help. We look forward to a return visit to this great restaurant in Seal Beach.Special Features:
- A Seal Beach GemCaliwalkerDined on 3/8/2013Our 5th visit to Cafe Lafayette and the first for a friend celebrating a birthday dinner. What's notable about CL is it's consistency. We've always been pleased with the service and quality of food, and the range of offerings. We generally start off with the garlic/parmesan potato chips with gorgonzola dip, and end up trying to find something else to dip into the leftover gorgonzola, it's so delicious. My gnocchi with wild mushrooms was rich and ample, and my friends' pork pot pie (on special) and chicken Lafayette were also good (yes, we sampled each others). Cafe Lafayette is a small, classy restaurant with good taste both in their menu & how they treat their customers. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food and service were great.DowntownEateryDined on 3/2/2013Food and service were great. Decor needs updating.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service was25yrHoneymoonVIPDined on 3/1/2013Food was good. Service was slow because there was only one waitress, but she was fantastic.Special Features:
- Very fresh ingredients andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2013Very fresh ingredients and well-prepared food. Friendly atmosphere. Loved the breading on the calamari. Berry sorbet is awesome. Decent wine in reasonable price range.Special Features:
- Great food & friendly people.SherryDined on 2/16/2013Great food & friendly people. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- A bit pricy, but well likedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2013A bit pricy, but well liked for the gang. Squid was tender... Others enjoyed their dishes as well. Service can be slow at times but overall satisfactory.Special Features:
- Had a LivingSocial deal. NoJoelandJorriDined on 2/4/2013Had a LivingSocial deal. No problems. Treated very well. Food was very, very good. Restaurant very diner like but the food upscale. The service was outstanding even though we had a voucher. Enjoyed our meal very much
- I have been going to CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I have been going to Cafe LaFayette for many years now. It has been consistently wonderful. The food is fantastic, the service is good and the owners are friendly making it a warm and homey sort of place. I will always return and always recommend.Special Features:
- The Calamari Steaks servedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013The Calamari Steaks served Piccata Style were prepared perfectly!!Special Features:
- very good restaurant locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2013very good restaurant located on busy main st in seal beach. Went on a Thursday night for mom's birthday. the restaurant was about 1/2 full. There was only 1 waitress; thus, the service was a little slow. The food was great. I recommend the Salmon and the Stuffed Chicken with Spinach. Liked the wine choices. Wish there were more. definitely plan on visiting againSpecial Features:
- My boyfriend and I came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013My boyfriend and I came here with a travelzoo deal: $49 for 1 shared appetizer, 2 dinner entrees + soup or salad, 1 dessert and 1 bottle of wine. It was a great bargain considering the amount of food we had. The service was friendly but a bit slow. We ordered the calamari fritti to start off with and the appetizer portion was huge! The waitress gave us a good recommendation for the wine but the food was just okay. My boyfriend had the Plum Glazed Salmon and I got the Veal Picatta but I received the Calamari Steak instead. I wasn't sure if those two dishes were the same but since it took awhile to come out, I didn't want to send it back.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2012We have enjoyed our dining experience each time we have been there. You have a great selection of wines and a nice menu.Special Features:
- We went early so even thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012We went early so even though they have limited staff we received excellent service. The food was well presented and delicious. The only exception was the salad dressing which needed something to spice it up. And the dessert was very good.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood Restaurant...butdshintzVIPDined on 12/20/2012We met for breakfast/brunch to celebrate Christmas and opening gifts with friends. The service and the food was excellent, however they did not award us the points as promised by Open Table. We went back again for dinner with friends last night. The food was good, the wine list/price a good value. We will not be back because they did not honor the Open Table points.Special Features: