Cafe La Plage - Beach House Hotel
4851 Isla Verde Avenue
San Juan, PR 00979Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Cafe La Plage - Beach House Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafelaplage.com/
- Phone: 7872687733
- Hours of Operation:
Continental Breakfast: Monday-Sunday 8:30am-10:30am
Breakfast: Monday- Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 12:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 12:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Benjamín "Benny" Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Café La Plage has a seperate catering venue. We can do anything from a romantic dinner for two to corporate events and weddings. Let our sales staff sweep you off your feat and plan whatever event you may have in mind
- Entertainment: Our Sundays at the beach feature San Juan's hottest dj's.
- Special Events: Every Saturday and Sunday at Café La Plage Restaurant and Lounge, sexy lounge music and a cool atmosphere fill the air while beachgoers enjoy delicious cocktails and appetizing international cuisine from our comfortable beach beds. Sounds provided by local DJ's.
A word from Cafe La Plage - Beach House Hotel
Welcome to Café La Plage, a place where San Juan’s trendsetters hang out, a pulsating destination that defines the essence of Puerto Rico’s beach lifestyle. We can assure you our facilities will captivate you. Just steps from the surf, a delectable combination of sounds and tastes served in the most sensuous atmosphere. Café La Plage is one of San Juan’s most distinctive restaurants, offering true alfresco dining in a stylish tropical ambiance reminiscent of modern Mediterranean and Caribbean fusion cuisine and fresh seafood, a refreshing departure from traditional Puerto Rican restaurants. The drinks are sensational and the menu is varied, along with a respectable wine list accentuating renowned labels from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe La Plage - Beach House Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Overall not a pleasant experienceRickyVIPDined on 5/3/2014The server was nice and he was very accommodating but they did not have much of the items of breakfast during the brunch time. They said they open at 9am on the weekend for brunch and we got there and it was close and they told us that they will open at 12pm. We waited until 12pm and they didnt know we had booked a reservation for 12pm, even when I showed out Open table reservation. They blamed all the mishaps in a management change. This place use to be good, now is going downhill.Special Features:
- Hidden beach gemLgm1984VIPDined on 4/20/2014I found that very few restaurants were on the beach. This one was and although the menu was limited the food was delicious and the service was great. Don't let the parking lot throw you off. The whole thing felt like being in south beach with great authentic Puerto Rican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachfront dining at its best!LessieVIPDined on 3/4/2014This is tucked away in a small hotel right on the beach in Isla Verde. Didn't look like much when we came in from the street, but the restaurant is wonderful and right on the beach. Food, service and ambiance were super. Portions are large. The ceviche was excellent and plenty for two people as an appetizer. We loved our dinner so much that we went back for lunch a couple of days later. We were not disappointed. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, not nice foodfrancisco2prVIPDined on 6/29/2013Cafe La Plage is an open restaurant, right on the beach, beautiful setting, wonderful ocean breeze. But on my visit the food was just plain poor. The two appetizers and one main that I tried were all too dry, and covered by a thick coating of flour, way too heavily breaded. I usually like breaded food, but not so dry and heavy. Even the typical local fried cheese was heavily breaded, which I have seen nowhere else even though fried cheese is a typical dish that I like and have eaten many times in different restaurants. Too bad because the setting is really nice. Maybe you'll want to go, have a drink, and eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- The view and the surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The view and the surroundings was excellent. The tables were set up on the beach and were very appealing. The service was absolutley horrible. We waited approximately 30 minutes just to get sodas and water. Most of us (party of 7) received our food after an hour! However, two of us never received our food at all. When we had to leave and couldn't wait any longer, the waitstaff didn't seem to care. The food that I was able to taste was very good. As crazy as it sounds, I went back the next day with a friend because the view and the food were so good. If you are on ANY timetable, pick somewhere else!Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013We had a reservation for 2 at 7 PM on the beach. Our table was not ready when we arrived even though the place was empty. It took them over 15 minutes to set up the table and they set it for 7 people instead of two. the lighting on the beach was very poor until we requested a torch so we could read the menu. Although the entries we had were very good, the menu was very limited with only 4 entry choices. Once we were set up, our waiter did a nice job of taking care of us, however.Special Features:
- The menu on the webpage isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013The menu on the webpage is not the menu at the restaurant. The actual menu is far more simple - sort of bar snacks and a couple of burgers and an entree or two. This is a fine place for drinks - it adjoins the beach in Isla Verde and has wonderful views. However, it is not a serious restaurant and is much more a cafe/bar. The food we had was good, but not more. Amount of noise varies by where one sits - closer to the beach is quieter and otherwise nicer.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!love2travel2gtherVIPDined on 12/27/2012What a wonderful experience we had at Cafe La Plage. The ambiance cannot be beat as dining on the beach is one of our favorite things to do. The service was great as well. The only thing we wished was that we were going to still be in Puerto Rico for the New Years Eve celebration that Cafe La Plage was hosting, it sounded wonderful! We will definitely go back to Cafe La Plage next time we are in Puerto Rico.Special Features:
- LuvfoodieLuvfoodieDined on 11/17/2012My husband and I were visiting Puerto Rico for our 1 year anniversary. We went to Café La Plage. The atmosphere is absolutely beautiful. We sat at a table right on the beach. It was the most romantic restaurant I had ever been too! The service was excellent and the food was so delish! I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Puerto Rico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good ambiance in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012very good ambiance in the beach of Isla Verde, just on the sand with a view to the sea. Tipica and well cooked puertorrican food.Special Features:
- Don't gospovegasboyDined on 7/13/2012Waited 40 minutes past our reservation time for a table, then we walked out after no one came to our table after 10 more minutes, no drinks or even a menu!Special Features:
- Great location, beautifulDinnerVIPDined on 4/23/2011Great location, beautiful view. Food was very good.Special Features:
- We had a beautiful view ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2011We had a beautiful view of the ocean. The food was delicious. The music was moDern. It was a great night. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fresh fish and seafood atlesnomadesVIPDined on 3/5/2011Fresh fish and seafood at this beach front restaurant. Well rounded menu. Casual beachfront dining.Special Features:
- Take off your sandles forCharlesVIPDined on 2/22/2011Take off your sandles for dining on the beach with your feet in the sand. Plating for the fried whole red snapper was beautiful with the fish arranged as a "C" with fresh greens and fried yucca in the center. I would have preferred more seasoning or perhaps a salsa to complement the fish. But a very nice evening with a fabulous view.Special Features:
- Food was absolutely fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2011Food was absolutely fabulous and the view is amazing. We just had appetizers and drinks-must try the ceviche and the coconut shrimp! It's nice escape from the cruise ship and crowded, touristy San Juan.Special Features: