Cafe La Paloma
606 S 5th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53204Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe La Paloma
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafelapalomamke.com/
- Phone: (414) 226-5803
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We cater according with your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room with it's own bar and restroom that holds up to 40 people, with a variety of buffet packages according to your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Hugo Flores 4143341511x
- Entertainment: We play a variety of Latin American music.
A word from Cafe La Paloma
Authentic Mexican Food and over the top Margaritas with an Awesome cultural art in a casual atmosphere. At first glance you will notice, Cafe La Paloma is not like any other Mexican restaurant in Milwaukee. Awesome Artwork, vegetarian options and traditional items mean there's something for everybody.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe La Paloma reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fabulous taste experienceronoDined on 4/12/2014Whether your new or old to the Milwaukee area this is a food experience you must try. We've been in this area for over year now and are upset that we just got around to trying La Paloma. The food was some of the best, if not the best Mexican we have ever had and their margaritas Wow! Don't let the outside fool you, because you'll end up kicking yourself.Special Features:
- Disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014My first few experiences at Cafe La Paloma were great. These last two visit's there have been very disappointing. The food was salty, the service was not good, side items that the menu clearly states that ARE included in the meal were not brought out, and when we asked about it, their response was that it does not come included in the meal, but that they would make an exeption... again, the menu clearly stated that it is included with the meal. Once we received the bill, the charge for the "extra" item was billed. This has happend twice already. At least the Michelada was good.
- Day of the dead, lively flavorflavaflavDined on 3/3/2014I have been to Café La Paloma twice, once with a group and recently with my husband. Both times the food was great and the service was warm and attentive . The wonderful colors of the art and walls are mirrored in the tasty dishes and unique drinks. (And as a vegetarian I love that I have many items from which to choose.) This isn't the cheese slathered dishes you have come to know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly refreshing flavors.DellaWareDined on 2/28/2014I'm becoming addicted to the wonderful authentic flavors and unique offerings. You must try the Carlota! Pinbil and Tinga are not to be missed, along with the seFood offerings and homemade margaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Was hoping for a wow experience but was left with wanting more wow. Food was mediocre as well was service. Nothing special all around....could have potential but service, food and ambiance would have to make some changes I will still be in search of that "great" Mexican experience in Milwaukee since a few really worthwhile places have closed
- First time, not last timeanonymousDined on 2/22/2014First time at the restaurant. My son's high school Spanish class required him to eat at a Mexican or Spanish restaurant, and order everything in Spanish. Marco (our waiter) was excellent, not just in speaking Spanish with my son, but with helping us with the excellent menu, and his very attentive service. The menu was interesting and diverse, and the dishes were very well prepared. We received our appetizer within 5 minutes of ordering, and our entrees within 15 minutes of ordering (very fast). Margaritas were excellent, and larger in size versus what is normally found at most restaurants. Ambiance was very nice - able to carry on conversations. Decor energetic and interesting. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to try your lunchtortillagirlDined on 2/20/2014The food is really really good and yummy and we will come back. The prices are great, something you don't often see in a new place in a hip area. I work not too far from there downtown, just a hop skip and jump over the 6th St bridge, and your lunch specials are amazing, so I will be coming back with co-workers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return is inevitableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I was very pleased even before I walked in, I had to change my reservation twice and they made it work. When I walked in the door my exspectations we're meet from the staff to the food. A shout out to the bartender he was excited about what he was doing and it showed in the drinks he made for me, Racine will return soon and thanks again for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was GREAT!!!!alwayshungryDined on 2/15/2014Me and my wife went here and enjoyed everything we ordered.... What's not to like! Great food, great service, and great atmosphere!!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to La PalomapainfreeVIPDined on 2/15/2014Promptly seated for our reservation. Waitress friendly and helpful. 1/2 Pitcher trad. margaritas tasty but very weak-barely tequila flavored. The ceviche was a large portion and well done. Chile rileno nicely prepared with good sauce, altho too much sauce. Memela and Tilapia were great. Salsa and chips are endless and of top quality. We were celebrating a birthday and the management was way generous: a drink and then 2 deserts for our group. Our main courses took a VERY long time to come out. It was Ok for us, as we were with friends and in no rush. Normally, the delay would not work!! Overall, the visit was spotty, but the food was of sufficient quality that Cafe La Paloma will get another visit by us all.Special Features:
- Friendly, Tasty, and InexpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful food, service, and decor plus opentable reservation last minute made for a delightful evening out for our party of 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Amazing ServiceJaceBDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious and reasonable priced! My girlfriend and I had their "Valentine's Day Couple's Deal" which included a sampler of 3 appetizers, a choice of two main entrees, and a desert for $45 all together. The food was prepared and served quickly so there was no long waiting times between courses which was very nice. However, the best part wasn't even the food! The service was extremely accommodating and friendly. Not only was our server was very funny, personable, and attentive, the entire staff was also! At one point when our server was refilling my soda, a bartender, a waitress, and even the owner, each had walked past and asked if I would like another refill. The staff really wants you to enjoy your time there and we did!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!WannabecheflivyDined on 2/14/2014Hands down my new favorite Mexican restaurant. The service was by far the best I've ever had at any restaurant,the guava margarita was to die for and the food was so FRESH they could have had a garden in the back in the middle of February as far as I'm concerned. I'll definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Fifth WardFindingoodeatsDined on 2/12/2014We were looking for a place that we could talk and have a good meal. We found both and more at Cafe La Paloma. The walls are painted bright colors with great authentic art to match the authentic spices in the meat dishes. The restaurant was not packed but had a lively business. We had a very engaging server who talked up the menu, told us about his favorite dishes but gave us plenty of space to visit. I would highly recommend Cafe La Paloma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 2nd visit to CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2014This was my 2nd visit to Cafe La Paloma and it won't be my last. Food was delicious and fresh, service was prompt and friendly, and we had the opportunity to talk with the owner which was a special treat. He is committed to running a great neighborhood gem, and I believe he is on the right track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice addition to MexicanDynamicDined on 1/22/2014Another nice addition to Mexican restaurants in the area owner was very nice , even plugged the parking meter for me! Turn the lights down a little. And shrimp soup needs to be on the menu daily ( no octopus, plz) Will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high end mexicanJessiDined on 1/21/2014Not your typical taco bar. Menu items were more unique and extremely flavorful compared to other nearby Mexican restaurants. Definitely going back to try more items! The atmosphere was nice too...very clean dining area with original artwork by the owner and vibrant colors. Service was friendly and fast....we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceWauwatosaSueDined on 1/19/2014We loved everything about the restaurant from the moment we stepped in. They have great artwork and decor throughout the dining area. Everyone was so friendly and our server was attentive. Best of all the food was outstanding! A little different from the usual Mexican food we get. I had the perch tacos which were perfect. They were served with a small bowl of spicy black beans that were excellent. The other three people in our party loved their food also. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experienceRepRainbowDined on 1/18/2014First time to restaurant. Was looking for something trendy, convenient, good food/atmosphere, reasonably priced, and takes reservation. And Café La Paloma delivered on all these points. We were very satisfiedSpecial Features:
- a must!JennyKDined on 1/3/2014Really enjoyed our evening at this relatively new star on the MKE food scene. WOW. Excellent margarita's, guac and SHRIMP tacos! can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's do it again!LindaGDined on 12/31/2013Good food at a great value and New Years 3 course special. Cozy and attentive service made our experience wonderful. Don't miss their desserts!Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent serviceMiWaDined on 12/28/2013We thought that both the food and service were quite good. The guacamole and pibil were seasoned nicely and my wife enjoyed her torta. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful art on the walls.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2013Beautiful art on the walls. Don't miss! Excellent service. Delicious food. Can't go wrong at this place.Special Features: