Cafe La Haye
140 E Napa St
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe La Haye
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelahaye.com/
- Phone: (707) 935-5994
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey H. Lloyd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Wine
A word from Cafe La Haye
Located just off the square in the town of Sonoma "Cafe La Haye is one of those rare restaurants in which you know the moment you walk in the door you're going to have a good time...Simple food prepared to perfection... excellent service". -Michael Bauer San Francisco Chronicle!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cafe La Haye - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Cafe La Haye reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)neighborhood gem (82)special occasion (76)notable wine list (54)romantic (50)hot spot (22)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014EXCELLENT AND DELICIOUS FOODS...WE AHVE BEEN GOING FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND ARE NEVER DISAPPOINTED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing. Below average service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/15/2014Service was bad. Food wasn't that great. Prices were very high. Tea came out ice cold. Got the steak and it was a poor quality cut.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Very cozy (but modern with cool art) and everything was completely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menuJewellDined on 11/6/2014We found that the food menu was very limited and we had gone in there with a expectation of a particular entree that we saw on an online menu. We brought our own bottle of wine and found that the corkage fee at $20 was even higher than some other restaurants in the area. I had the risotto and the presentation was very boring. It looked like a bowl of oatmeal.
- Perfect dining experienceLocaldinerVIPDined on 11/5/2014Wow! Everything we read and heard about this restaurant was true. Great menu and even better specials. We were celebrating our anniversary and everything was perfect. I had the halibut special and my wife had the pasta special. Half bottle of wines were available, that's a big plus. You get a great wine rather than a glass of house wine and there is no waste. It was our anniversary and the whole experience was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiasappointmentSonomaCoupleDined on 11/4/2014As anticipated, the food was very good - the quail special and the pork chop entrees. However, we could hardly hear each other because of a large, very loud group - even after we asked to be moved as far away as possible. It's a small place, but the manager never asked them to lower their voices; we weren't the only ones bothered by the noise. We felt we were being pushed to eat and leave. Given menus, we were asked for our orders, then the waitress left. We had to call her back and ask if we could have a glass of wine! Even though we asked her to hold our salad (roasted beets - good) for a bit so we could relax with our wine, she brought it immediately. In and out in 45 minutes (other diners were faster.) We left disappointed.Special Features:
- Locals were right...EWMDDined on 10/31/2014Highly recommended by the locals and they were dead on!! Food, service, wine...outstanding. Looking forward to our next visit so we can enjoy another great experience at Cafe La Haye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerLakeviewDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food, interesting menu and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in Sonomalmartin58Dined on 10/25/2014This quaint little restaurant in Sonoma, California, was a delightful surprise. The food and service was truly outstanding...and the prices were, in our opinion, reasonable. Physically, it is small and, as a result, you are very close to your neighboring diners. However, its attributes far outweigh this somewhat negative factor.Special Features:
- Cafe La Haye - Nothing disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014This was by far the BEST meal we had during our recent five days in Sonoma, and that includes our lunch at Auberge du Soleil in Napa (too stuffy and expensive!). From the moment we arrived, we felt so welcome. Our waitress delivered such great service and a perfect wine suggestion. The food was incredible. I had the smoked trout and their special grilled skirt steak with bone marrow. My friends raved about their food as well and especially the apple crisp. It was definitely the highlight of our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014We had a great dinner at Cafe La Haye. Everything was cooked to perfection. We'll definitely be going back when visiting Sonoma.Special Features:
- Cafe La HayeCopperDined on 10/22/2014Small restaurant with big taste. Only about 15 tables make this a cozy restaurant and you can see in the open kitchen. The star of the night for us was the grilled squid over a tasty risotto. Staff was very kind and knowledgable.Special Features:
- ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2014Cafe La Haye delivers great food with 1st class (but not pretentious) service. It's a Sonoma gem.Special Features:
- Great small party restaurantAZfoodieDined on 10/18/2014I will precede my negative comments by remarking that Cafe La Haye has amazing food and we have had a nice experience dining as a couple in the past. This past weekend, however, per the instructions by the restaurant we made 2 separate 4 top reservations for a party of 8. This is a small, quaint restaurant so parties over 4 or 6 can be difficult...I realize that. They said they would "try" to accommodate us but when we arrived the manager was belligerent and went as far as to assail my character. It is the first time in my life that I thought I would be thrown out of an establishment but after a somewhat heated dialog our 2 tables were seated. The manager did try to make things right with some champagne and dessert. Not a good start.Special Features:
- Solid choice in SonomaStudioTheatreFansDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Cafe La Haye! The mushroom and artichoke soup was amazing! Also a stand out were the ahi tuna and the pork chops - both entrees were special. Dining room had some tight configurations that left one of us staring at a wall sitting at 90 degrees, but service was a terrific. Would recommend it!Special Features:
- Great evening/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the Cafe La Haye very much. The setting is wonderful and intimate. Our service was excellent. My husbands fish was a great treat but I would say that my chicken was just OK - nothing memorable. I did love the beet salad however. Would recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Quaint restraunt with great friendly service and fresh farm to table food. It's a small place with the kitchen almost in the middle of the resteraunt. So it's a little noisy but you can smell ur food being cooked right next to you. Overall wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!KayFDined on 10/14/2014The food here was delicious. After a long day of wine tasting we were not so interested in what seemed to be a fabulous selection of wines on the menu. We did, however, enjoy the food from appetizer through entree right to dessert! The food was good and the service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful place!gilbertDined on 10/14/2014Dreadful food, cold food and very small portions...just dreadful!
- BE EXACTLY ON TIMEaburrell39503Dined on 10/11/2014I had booked this eatery for my wife and mine 14th wedding anniversary dinner. However, because of a hotel change, we were staying in Santa rosa and the drive took and little longer then expected to get there so we arrived 13 minutes late. However we were greeted by the hostess that says that based on the 9:00 tables not showing, mind you it was 8:57, that the chef had already closed the kitchen and we would not be seated. People eating at tables and two people sitting at the bar. We were then directed to a different establishment. While dinner at "The girl and the Fig" I got a text from Café La Haye at 10:24 stating that my table was ready. What a pompous move. If you eat here be on time or early or you may get shut out.
- superbmikeozDined on 10/11/2014Faultless evening. Wonderful food, excellent service. Would highly recommend to those wanting high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great dinner specials! Ahi Tuna was perfect. Mushroom and sherry soup is amazing! Hope to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma's bestdindivaDined on 10/9/2014My sister, visiting from Canada, sang praises of every dish she ordered, even though the Cafe had just run out of the flounder, her first choice. She claimed it was the best meal she'd ever had. I'm inclined to agree...even had enough chicken left over for lunch the following day (but my sister to to it first!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014This restaurant is a true gem among the many choices in Sonoma. Would not hesitate to choose to eat there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant mealDoclindaDined on 10/7/2014Everything was fresh and tasty served in a light-filled contemporary space. They accommodated us even though we arrived well ahead of our reservation time. Bread was not offered but available on request. Our food was delicious (lamb meatball pasta and stuffed guinea hen, lemon cheesecake). The prices were quite reasonable for the quality and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe La Haye - excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014I've been in the food business for quite some time. I live in Sonoma - but this is the first time I visited Café La Haye - the restaurant is intimate and charming, and they have excellent food and service. Each course was interesting, well prepared, well presented, perfectly seasoned, and very tasty! I can't wait to have an occasion to go back -Special Features:
- Awesome foodPvbkearmDined on 10/4/2014Food was exceptional, def our best meal in Sonoma this trip. Service was a bit stuffy but well executed. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Best meal we have had in Sonoma so far! we would come back again and again.Special Features:
- A great dining experienceKatgin1Dined on 10/1/2014The best risotto we have ever eaten outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Nice small cafeMeh98Dined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our visit to Cafe La Haye. The food is top notch and the service was very attentive. The only negative is that the ambiance is fair at best. It feels like a diner inside and although work has been done to make it more upscale, it doesn't match with other restaurants that are serving comparable food. Even with that, I highly recommend it for a nice dinner. There was a couple with a small child but I don't believe this restuarant fits well for children.Special Features:
- Delicious California cuisineSarah2Dined on 9/25/2014Book early! Cafe la Haye's fresh ingredients, inventive menu, wide-ranging wine list, and attentive (but not overly) staff are not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VinendineDined on 9/25/2014The dining room is small but well planned for flow and privacy. Three in our party. No complaints. Zucchini risotto with shrimp was creamy, warm and filling. Shrimp pieces were fresh and tender. Wine list is balanced and included a nice range of price points. Good choice for a dinner with a small group of friends. Room is warm and bright. Not too loud but not uber quiet. Personal, knowledgeable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCabeDined on 9/25/2014Had a great dinner. Service was good and the food outstanding. A great place to eat in SonomaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SonomaTNMENDined on 9/20/2014Good food but a little crowded in seating. Would probably try again.
- Perfection AgainFeelnocoldDined on 9/19/2014As out of town visitors we have been to this restaurant several times over the last few years and it is consistently excellent. The owner is always on-site to greet you and oversees the entire dining experience. The menu is simple, but diverse with always a few nightly specials. The restaurant has a classy modern elegance with a side walk cafe atmosphere. A few of the tables at the front of the restaurant over look the sidewalk with open windows. We have dined at some of the nicest restaurants in Sonoma and Napa and none has been better than La Haye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerRedDragonDined on 9/19/2014This very lovely restaurant is located just a half block from the Sonoma Square. You must make a reservation, as seating is very limited. Service was impecable from start to finish. My dinner - pork chop - was outstanding. My husband's dinner - salmon - was okay. Wine list is very good. We were seated by the window, which was lovely and romantic. High recommend it!Special Features:
- Small, but goodfatmanadtVIPDined on 9/19/2014We visited this small restaurant after reading so reviews. The food was very good. The quail was prepared to perfection. Stuffed with wild rice. The salads had a wonderful soft cheese and heirloom tomatoes. Our desserts were great. I had a silk chocolate cake and the wife had the peach crumble. Coffee was good and strong. The place was small. The tables were very close. We happen to be sitting next to 4 very loud patrons that were quite talkative. Made dinner a little unpleasant. Not much anyone can do about that situation. The place was full and reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Best place in sonomaGrubberDined on 9/18/2014Best place in sonoma. Enough said. Just trying to get to 50 characters now.Special Features:
- Sonoma diningMikesthoughtsDined on 9/18/2014Early dining reservation. Guest of ours sat with sun in her face for over an hour. Salads, entrées and dessert were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE OF THE BEST IN SONOMALITravelerDined on 9/16/2014Great small restaurant. we have been there twice, did not disappoint.Special Features: