Café La Fontana
58 South York Rd
Hatboro, PA 19040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Café La Fontana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafelafontanarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 672-8118
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Faustino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off site corporate or large party catering, setup, delivery, and servers provided if required. We also offer catering for pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: We have available 7 different dining areas that can accommodate up to 140 guests. We offer lunch, dinner, hot and cold appetizer, and Sunday brunch menus.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brusca 2156728118
- Entertainment: A DJ is set up in our front bar every Friday night from 6:30 to 11:30 and will accommodate any requests.
A word from Café La Fontana
Located in downtown Hatboro, Cafe La Fontana is renowned for its culinary excellence and internationally inspired dishes. We invite you to discover the Cafe La Fontana experience, menu and wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Café La Fontana - Best Restaurants in Hatboro ›
Café La Fontana reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- LovetodineDined on 10/24/2014I haven't been to your restaraunt in over a year and was not very thrilled about the ala carte menu. The salads could be a bit smaller and less $$$. I'm glad that you kept your garlic knots as they are one of the best in this area. I miss your scalloped potatoes. It was a nice everning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Not the best. The old menu gave you many more and better choices.
- Great FoodJumboVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food and Great Price right in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- food and service was buenoMrandMrsFoodiesDined on 10/9/2014nice night out the server was charming and the timing of each course was perfect and the food was at the right temperatureSpecial Features:
- Excellent restaurantBubbieDined on 10/1/2014We can always be assured of getting a delicious meal.Special Features:
- The Menu Changed After Many YearsLocalNeighborDined on 9/27/2014A nice restaurant with table cloths and ambience seems to be struggling. A new menu did not hit it off with my group. Prices have dropped on standard entries but dinners no longer come with salad or soup. Specials were described to us but we were not given prices. Two appetizers of mussels were shared (a red and a white) with not much flavor in either sauce. For dinner, a branzino fish was filleted at tableside (one of the specials) was small, dry, disappointing and pricey. Desserts were much better and a relief after an unspectacular dinner. After years of eating at this local establishment in Hatboro and having great meals, we were disappointed with their new menu.
- CBJMDined on 9/10/2014I've been to La Fontana many times over the years, their food is always great. The garlic knots are always a hit with our group and the variety on the menu keeps everyone happy - we have never had a disappointing meal here. The staff is helpful and very friendly. Definitely recommend dinner here during the week or weekendSpecial Features:
- live2dinelive2dineDined on 9/3/2014We've been here before but not for awhile. We live a bit of a distance. Made a last minute reservation and got a great table, excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arcoDined on 8/30/2014We told the waiter that it was our wedding anniversary and he said that is nice. I order the mussels with linguine and the sauce was very salty. I told the waiter and he said that he would tell the chef. Nobody came to our table to apologize or ask us what was wrong. I think that a manager or maybe the chef should have come to ask us what the problem was. We ate at this restaurant several years ago and the food was better than. I would never go back or recommend this restaurant to anybody. We were looking for a neighborhood Italian restaurant, but this sure is not it. We will never go back again and we would never recommend it to anybody.
- A wonderful Birthday dinnerIVACDined on 8/29/2014We arrived and were seated immediately. The food was great as was the waiter. I had the tuna special which was outstanding. I had forgotten i mentioned my mother in law's birthday online when i made the reservation.. they had a cake for us and it had her name on it!!!. Thank You. It was her choice and she loved it.Special Features:
- good neighborhood restaurantwineguyVIPDined on 8/24/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at La fontana. the food is consistantly good along with the service. Wine prices are reasonable wotj a decent selection of wines by the glass and bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Fare!AngelicaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Returning to Cafe La Fontana is like returning home! I love their appetizers especially the calamari and soups. It is nice to be treated to a surprise Filet Mignon complete with veggies and potatoes and choice of salad for a reasonable price. Lighter fare just as delicious was an Eggplant Parmesan which was superb! The new chef on board is terrific; we look forward to an updated menu in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUT2muchVIPDined on 8/20/2014So glad we found this restaurant . We had another great meal Wednesday evening. It started with our appetizer we had at the bar(Fun bartender) and continued through our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleasedLesiaDined on 8/18/2014I met two friends for dinner there. They've remodeled since we were there last, and it looks fantastic - very modern but classic as well, with a huge wall of windows so it has plenty of light and you can watch the world of Hatboro go by on the main drag. The bar and waiting area are together, which makes all the sense in the world. The service was very good - our server was pleasant, knowledgeable, and very accommodating. Last but not least, the food was great - delicious and penty of it (everyone took hom leftovers). Definitely a place we will come back to when we have the opportunity.Special Features:
- Great FindOUT2muchVIPDined on 8/7/2014Second visit, just as pleasant as the first. Greeted warmly, waitstaff friendly, dinner served in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to like this but didn'tkmc369Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has a good feel and is quite big. But being a vegetarian the food wasn't that great. We went in with moderate expectations. The pizza was bland with the taste of the bread not that great. The pasta were okay as well. The highlight of the meal was the free garlic knots which were really good and the desserts. I would recommend this place for a coffee and dessert.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Café La Fontana reviews archive.
- Len and CherylLwn123Dined on 7/11/2014Went here for Friday night dinner while my fiancé and I were checking out wedding reception places. Ended up booking our wedding reception there. Went on a Friday- night and food and service were excellent. Went back for brunch and made a deposit for wedding reception. I feel that Bill and his staff will do a great job. Nice package for wedding luncheon with nice selection of entrees and accommodating to a variety of needs.Special Features:
- So NiceOUT2muchVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have lived in the area since 1984, but had not heard of La Fontana until this week when I was scrolling Open Table for something new and not to far away. Thanks Open Table! What a great find, loved everything about it. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Great place! Wonderful food! Our server was very kind and engaging but we could never seem to get her back at the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a wonderful dining experienceSuzeDined on 6/12/2014We had a wonderful, relaxing time with our group of 8. The service was wonderful and very accomadating. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend Cafe La Fontana to everyone. It was also so easy to book and change a reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor servicenotworththewaitDined on 5/11/2014We had a 4:30 reservation on Mother's day. We were seated on time and the restaurant was half full. We ordered our food, and it took 45 minutes to get a salad that consisted of lettuce and two cherry tomatoes. The meal was served about an hour after the salad. Needless to say we all filled in on the bread. The food was good but not worth the wait.
- Not as good when busyLynnDined on 5/10/2014Usually the restaurant is only about half full and we can count on a pleasant atmosphere, good food, reasonable prices and good service. I was there this past Saturday night. We were a party of 5. After being seated, NOBODY came to our table. You can tell when wait staff don't want you to bother them and this happened to us. People clearly knew we were being ignored, yet nobody even gave us a glance. Finally I went to the host and told him that nobody had come to us. A waitress arrived who apologized for the wait. She clearly had no time to do more than take our order, ask "how is everything" and that was it. We waited for a long time for her to bring my credit card back just to pay! They were in over their heads with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Mother's DaymikesdadDined on 5/10/2014We took Mom out for an early Mother's Day dinner. We were seated quickly, the service was prompt and attentive, and the food was delicious. We had an early reservation and by the time we left the place was full and everyone was having a good night out. It seemed as if we weren't the only ones celebrating early!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Serviceaweston39Dined on 5/3/2014The food at Cafe La Fontana is always excellent. No matter what you order, it always comes out hot and well prepared. The servers are very attentive and do everything they can to make your meal enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Love this place!TurtlechellDined on 4/26/2014My boyfriend and I love this place! We love their ravioli with the shrimp and crabmeat among other menu items. We recommend this restaurant. They prefer a reservation but if you don't have one they will try to fit you in if they are not packed.Special Features:
- easterDined on 4/20/2014food was superb ..I got the pork chop and it was cooked perfect and taste was great .. my wife got veal and it was tende and taste superb .. service was a tad lacking ..never told any of the special and waited a long time for our salads .. and no one ever came to check on us till we were done our dinnerSpecial Features:
- vaporDined on 4/20/2014Great restaurant for Easter Brunch. Staff was absolutely fantastic - friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there...MattDined on 2/23/2014Everything was good, but nothing was spectacular: The gentleman who greeted us so low key; he was courteous but far too underwhelming in demeanor to be welcoming. The food was good--especially the salad and antipasto table. The italian options (specifically meatballs and chicken parm were ironically disappointing for an italian restaurant: greasy, dense, lacking homemade taste and texture. Fabulous coffee. Waitress was nice and accommodating, but a little overstretched as the only server with about 4 large tables. Good, but wouldn't run back.
- Neighborhood GemBighenDined on 2/17/2014Really nice ambiance and the food was great along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialFeedmegoodDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife there for valentines day. Service was very poor with little attention at all. She was nice but their lack of staff reflected poorly on the service we received. Waited a long time for our food. Lucky we got our food but when we did it was over cooked, dry and bland. The table next to us walked out. We should have done the same. Do your research.
- Great foodtoli300Dined on 2/14/2014We went out for dinner on Valentine's Day. The food was great and service good in spite of the fact the power went out part way through dinner. The staff handled this gracefully. Unfortunately for those arriving later, they were not able to be served. But those of us already seated had a nice candlelit dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBarbDined on 2/1/2014The food was excellent, the service was great, as well as, the drinks. We would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood specials were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Seafood specials were very small portions for the price. Tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GR8 SERVICEBillyKNADined on 1/26/2014WE WENT THERE ON SUNDAY NIGHT AND WE REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT CAFE LA FONTANA, THE FOOD, THE SERVICE THE AMBIENCE WE HAD A GOOD TIME AND WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Center city style at Hatboro pricesAbe1426Dined on 1/25/2014White table clothes fresh flower on the tables. Great waitstaff. , pick it up and put it in the city! it would cost a lot more. The food is alway fresh and always a few good daily specials. A pleasant surprise in the little town of Hatboro PaSpecial Features:
- Always a treat!WinoDined on 1/13/2014I love going to Cafe La Fontana and we have a great experience as always. Good food and service. Mondays are bring your own bottle of wine night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to have dinnerMysteryriderVIPDined on 1/3/2014A nice place to have dinner or lunch. It has pleasant atmosphere, varied enough menu, and a polite wait staff.
- A perfect spotAnneDined on 12/31/2013Let LaFontana do the cooking, serving and clearing. Priced right, great food, warm service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Business DecisionpmrthirdVIPDined on 12/31/2013Haven eaten here many times, I know the food/service is typically good. Made reservations EARLY (5:30PM) on New Years Eve. I was fine with the limited menu but was NOT happy to find out afterwards there was a $10 surcharge just for eating there that night. I questioned it and manager said that they didn't increase prices so everyone has to pay that evening. I was not there for dancing or any other festivities later that evening and dispute the charge. It was denied. Truth is that every time I have been there in the past, you received a salad with meal. NOT TONIGHT...it was an extra $2.95 (not much, but it was the principle that they were gouging their patrons here and there). I am taking this restaurant off my favorite list.
- Great food in HatboroAbe1426Dined on 12/28/2013As always this is a top. Notch place to have a great fine dinning experience . This gem would be at home in any large city, But it on the main street in little Hatboro PA The food is alway fresh, the daily specials are well described by the waitstaff. If your looking for fine dining at a very reasonable price give this gem a try.Special Features: