9702 NE 120th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034-4206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafejuanita.com/
- Phone: 4258231505x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Holly Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant is available for parties up to 65. The garden wine room comfortably seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 30 people and features a fireplace. Custom designed menus are available. We are also available for restaurant rental for parties up to 65.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Smith 4258231505x
A word from Cafe Juanita
Cafe Juanita features nationally acclaimed Northern Italian cuisine prepared using the freshest Northwest ingredients and complimented by an award-winning wine list. We are 90% organic in raw ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Juanita - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Cafe Juanita reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)fit for foodies (140)romantic (107)notable wine list (95)neighborhood gem (76)scenic view (13)good for groups (13)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- very special destinationSkippyDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, the food is delicious and the presentation is beautiful. Our waiter was attentive without hovering. The restaurant is tucked into a lovely wooded lot off the shore of Lake Washington and the decor is elegant NW Modern. It feels like a lovely home. My companion and I appreciated the quiet ambiance. No loud music just beautifully prepared food and a nice wine list. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Simply amazing from start to finish. Service was flawless. Food was superb and refined. Wine selections by Kyle magical. Outstanding dining experience. Do miss your opportunity to experience Cafe Juanita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014We have eaten here several times over the past 15 years, and the food was the best yet. We ordered a couple of antipasti/salad courses that staff were happy to split for us, allowing us to taste more dishes. The seasonal items such as a grilled peach and a blueberry sorbet were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestatethereDined on 8/23/2014Some of the best food I have ever tasted. The wine that accompanied the meal was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was amazing. Somm totally nailed the wine choice when I gave him free reign and Barbera Risotto was one of the best dishes I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- best restaurant in Seattle areaunderimpressedDined on 8/22/2014best food in our area. We have been eating here for 35 yr. and it is better all the time. Holly Smith is innovative and cooks with subtlety and deftly creates surprising and tasty combinations that please the tongue and eyes.Special Features:
- WillyDined on 8/21/2014The food is always excellent. You have color and taste with good use of fresh ingredients. The service is some of the best in the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014We had eaten the previous year at Cafe Juanita for a birthday celebration. This year we returned to celebrate her birthday again. Without providing CJ any info on the birthday, they kept track of whose birthday it was (without us even providing the birthday girl's name). She is also gluten intolerant. This year when we were seated, the hostess turned to her and said "most of the menu can be made gluten free." Again no mention was made of her gluten intolerance when I made the reservation on Open Table or when we arrived. It is this attention to detail in the customer service, along with the incredible food, that makes this restaurant stand out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencepattyjaneDined on 8/21/2014I met an ex-co worker for dinner at 5 p.m. She brought a nice bottle of wine, our server was excellent at describing the evening specials and very good at answering all of our questions. She ordered duck and I ordered the cheeks. We shared the gnocchi. The gelato was delicious. The place isn't cheap but I felt comparable to other restaurants of this caliber. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!dustyrhodesDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I have been to Café Juanita twice. The chef is very talented in creating exquisite dishes. The wine list is substantial with many good choices, although quite a few are extremely expensive bottles. However, the selection for single glasses has sufficiently good wines that a glass of quality wine with dinner is affordable. Many of the menu items are pricey, but you can find tasty items at a reasonable price. This time I decided to splurge on the Waygu beef, which was absolutely delicious. My wife prefers options on the vegetarian side, but no worries--the restaurant has several menus to choose from depending on your preferences. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the East SideTomTerrificDined on 8/19/2014Very professional and friendly wait staff. Food was absolutely great and perfectly prepared. We were not rushed.Special Features:
- OverpricedMadgeDined on 8/16/2014Considering the steep prices (over $200 for two) the food did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Great FoodMdsdinesoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014Rabbit, gnocchi, and tomato and buratta salad all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedIandCDined on 8/16/2014We came here for anniversary, and Everything was exquisite. We ended up splitting 4 appetizers and a main course - everything was brought out on seperate plates and beautifully arranged. Serving sizes were not large, which let us try a lot of their dishes. Service was courteous and prompt. The interior was elegant although the building itself was a bit dated. We will certainly becoming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingdiningoutDined on 8/15/2014the restaurant looked tired - windows are really dirty, landscaping outside is a mess. the food was so so. the Tenaro Galloni Langhirano Prosciutto, Parma, aged 30 mo. with local melon - the prosciutto was good but the melon was really really ripe and had very little firmness to it making the mix of the texture of the melon and the prosciutto odd. Seared Foie Gras with Marcona Almond Crema, Bing cherries, Candied Ginger and Cocoa Nibs - average and it was strange that the fat from the foie gras was served separately on a plate. entre was the wagu special - sauce was good as was the beef server was ok - ordered wine and she actually plunked the ice bucket in the middle of the table (it was heavy) - seemed odd since the table was small
- Super rich everything-tired decorumOverthetopDined on 8/15/2014Firstly, the food is great. In fact it is too good. Everything is so rich. If you have recently cleansed, you will suffer. Some dishes seemed a little forced like they had to do something to make it over-the-top. If you go for 4 or 5 dishes, it gets to be a bit much. Every morsel is excellent. Taken together is where it falls down. Unless you are used to eating tons if food, you will have over-eaten by the end.Special Features:
- Our Favorite in the Seattle AreaSFFredDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely superb food and service--consistent excellence over many years!Special Features:
- LovelyGudfudDined on 8/15/2014I brought my wife here with her mother and father for her 40th birthday, and we had one of the most enjoyable evenings together I can remember. The service was impeccable-very attentive but not hovering, and Jim who looks to be the distinguished grandfather of the place kept the fresh bread and crackers coming for my Father in law and was spied picking blackberries out back for someone's lucky dish. The food was the best we've ever had. Highlights include the foie gras with grilled nectarine, grilled peach with burrata cheese and crispy rosemary, and the tiramisu, but we were hard pressed to not include every dish here! I loved that the place is understated from the outside, and the focus is on the food- not some chic interior. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!FoodandtnsLoverDined on 8/14/2014A true 5 star dining experience. The complexity of favors were amazing. The service was outstanding. There are so many fine dining restaurants that have opened in the last few years but Cafe Juanita continues to impress. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Exquisite food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014The menu features a number of innovative dishes and each one we tried was excellent (roast cauliflower, eggplant and tomato salad, oriechetti with beans and pesto, and lamb). The service was friendly, warm and attentive. Most impressive was how passionately all the staff cared about the food and the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDarinSDined on 8/13/2014Food was excellent. Staff was attentive without hovering. They were very sensitive to my dining companions need for gluten free items and even prepared an off menu dish for her. All in all a great dining experience. If in the Seattle area and you want fine world class dining with gluten free options this is a must try. Somewhat off the beaten path the setting is great, and the food was fantastic. Worth the trip to Kirkland if you are in the Seattle area. It amazes me that some diners will go to eat at an establishment like this in cargo shorts nowadays. While there was no dress code, people should know better. Otherwise a perfect dining experience start to finish.Special Features:
- Outstanding in Every WayJandwVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have eaten here as a couple several times and never been disappointed, but on Wednesday we were five, including our eleven year-old grandson. Not only were our meals excellent - my only regret is the sweetbreads are not an entrée since they are so wonderful and rarely on any menu - but our grandson was treated with as much respect and careful service as the adults. Each course was carefully prepared. Nothing was rushed. Most important, everything from the soup through our coffees was delicious. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePharberoDined on 8/12/2014Truly great dining experience, everything we had was very delicious, great atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodIsMyHobbyDined on 8/9/2014How many times have you seen cauliflower mentioned in a review?! It was awesome! So was the lamb and rabbit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cafe Juanita for any occasionDubsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Café Juanita has become our favorite go to for celebrating our special life events. Our most recent was a double celebration and as always, they made very special. The team provides phenomenal service paired with the innovative and beautiful dishes. As usual, we closed the place on Saturday night and they were so very understanding and accommodating. I could not recommend them more to others seeking to have an exceptional dinner experience and celebration.Special Features:
- So special ...Ned47Dined on 8/9/2014Cafe Juanita is rightfully rated as '...the best restaurant on the East Side ...'. Once again, it demonstrated its legitimate claim to that accolade with the dinner we enjoyed there on Saturday evening. We had a crème fraiche-based gazpacho, salmon and an excellent wine -- it would be hard to imagine a more appropriate summer dinner menu. Service was attentive but never intrusive. This is a very special dining experience, and one we look forward to for special occasions ... always without any fear of disappointment.Special Features:
- Great people, food, and place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed Holly's restaurant once again. We've been many, many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysMKSEATTLEDined on 8/6/2014I've been going to Cafe Juanita for about 10 years and they never fail to impress and, in fact, are getting even better with age! We had 4 for dinner and ran through a great cross-section of the menu and everything was superb. The big hit for the night was the Carne Cruda Wagyu beef. Absolutely stunning. Then there was the Sweetbreads, the Pork Cheeks, the Duck, the pasta. We were completely satiated by the end, except we had to try the Toasted Rice Gelato. I really can't recommend Cafe Juanita enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday celebrationChrisHDined on 8/6/2014A very nice place for a special birthday celebration. Great food with some very interesting offerings, not your average "meat and potatoes" kind of place. The ambience is great for a small group, comfortable surroundings and very attentive staff members. Kristen did a very nice job for us, she was super friendly, and efficient without being overpowering and hovering all the time. We will keep this place on our "special event" eatery list.Special Features:
- excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Just fantastic food, service, and atmosphere. Get the rabbit and be amazed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice spot for dinnerElaineDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed a really nice meal with friends. Lovely atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingFunFoodDined on 7/31/2014The food was fabulous, and the service was exceptionally good. Thanks for making our special occasion a truly memorable one.Special Features:
- Best Eastside restaurantZumaDined on 7/23/2014Overall experience was excellent. Starting with the food from the house baked bread basket to through every course we did not experience a miss. We enjoyed the fish appetizer and the squash blossom that paired well with the sparkling wine. The fish soup jumped out of the bowl with vibrant citrus flavors balanced with pepperoncini oil. The main course of risotto and lamb were done perfect. Risotto was creamy and to the tooth with lots of flavor and the lamb was cooked perfectly. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Culinary Delight!!Foodies4everDined on 7/23/2014Really looked forward to our Cafe Juanita dinner and consider it a culinary delight whenever we dine there. The menu always promises wonderful and new food adventures for us to experience and enjoy!! When ordering our meal…we truly anticipate delicious fragrances and flavors that we've only read about in gourmet magazines….and then take pure delight in actually tasting some these wonderful treats at Cafe Juanita!! Chef Holly Smith knows how to create the most delicious meal one has ever experienced….always a memorable moment in time!! Always enjoyable & a delight! Also, staff is inviting, caring and very attentive….they seem to be one big happy family.a great team!Special Features:
- Out of this world, and our leagueEatToLiveEastsiderDined on 7/22/2014Excellent main courses, wonderful atmosphere, courteous and helpful staff. Menu was hard to understand for us middle class diners.Special Features:
- PerfectKejanoDined on 7/19/2014I eat out too much, and Cafe Juanita is possibly one of the best restaurants in the world. Every server in town should eat here to understand what perfect service feels like. Every chef in town should eat here to understand what perfect preparations and flavors are like without trying to hard. Every sommelier, hostess, busser, expeditor...you get the point. Really incredible place. The best restaurant in Seattle is actually tucked away in Kirkland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuanitaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Cafe Juanita delivers with excellent food, service and ambience. The menu is unique, including the exquisite pasta dishes and interesting cocktail selections. The service is exceptional as well, including tracking of the wine and food from prior visits, great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratingloveDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I chose Café Juanita to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The staff took note of this and we were given what I would consider the most romantic location in the restaurant - a table in the corner where we could sit next to each other and enjoy the views of the park like scenery outside the window and also the kitchen. The staff was wonderful - friendly, patient, and attentive. The food was delicious. For our main courses we chose the rabbit and the pork cheeks, at the recommendation of our wait staff. We were not disappointed. Our desserts came with lit candles in celebration of our anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014PRODUCTS SOURCE IS EXCELLENT AND THE FOOD PREPERATION IS OUTSTANDING RESULTING IN THE BEST RESTURANT IN THE NORTHWEST AND EQUAL TO ANY NUMBER ONE IN CALIFORNIA AS I AM FROM THE LOS ANGELES AREA AND FREQUENT BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH RESTURANTSSpecial Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014My client suggested this place, so I went with the flow. It was amazing! The food was for for foodies- although I am not one. I enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.