9702 NE 120th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034-4206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafejuanita.com/
- Phone: 4258231505x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Holly Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant is available for parties up to 65. The garden wine room comfortably seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 30 people and features a fireplace. Custom designed menus are available. We are also available for restaurant rental for parties up to 65.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Smith 4258231505x
A word from Cafe Juanita
Cafe Juanita features nationally acclaimed Northern Italian cuisine prepared using the freshest Northwest ingredients and complimented by an award-winning wine list. We are 90% organic in raw ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Juanita - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Cafe Juanita reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)fit for foodies (154)romantic (113)notable wine list (110)neighborhood gem (90)good for groups (16)scenic view (13)hot spot (10)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PerfectionjackMVIPDined on 9/27/2014Quality and creativity continue to be Cafe Juanita's hallmarks. Add to that a carefully curated wine list, perfect service and you have a formula for a memorable dining experience. Wonderful local products find their way onto the menu and are used in Italian inspired preparations. Brava Juanita!Special Features:
- FOBWGDined on 9/27/2014The seating arrangements were not as intimate as I expected for a restaurant of this caliber. I hope with their planned renovations the seating will be changed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Friendly, professional, customized service. Delicious, creative dishes.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualEastsiderDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service, our server (Kristen?) was fanstastic. It was a special occaision and the staff at CJ did a fantastic job of making the eveing one we'll remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchJimCDined on 9/20/2014Great food and great service. Wonderful flavors. You can really tell when the dishes are paid attention to when they leave the kitchen. Whole fish on the plate is a wonderful way to serve and dine on fish and it was seasoned perfectly. We ordered cauliflower as a side, which was delicious, but the flavors were way too powerful for the fish and sadly was hardly touched. (The carrots ran out unfortunately, or they would have been ordered). Staff is very attentive without being intrusive, which is not easy to do when you you strive to be attentive. They do it smoothly and with grace. Nectarine sorbet for dessert ... wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to come here!johnnyallnightDined on 9/20/2014It had been a couple of years since I was here last, but this place never disappoints. Excellent food (with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients), skillfully prepared, and served by competent staff. It's all good...Special Features:
- A Fantastic Evening!YibblDined on 9/20/2014Four of us went to Cafe Juanita to celebrate a couple of birthdays and could not of had a better time. The service was prompt, friendly and accommodating. The food was unique and delicious. Two of us had the rabbit, one the lamb and the fourth had the filet. We were all thrilled with our choices and enjoyed the taste of each other's meal as we eagerly passed our forks around. The salads and the desserts were equally satisfying and I can't wait to go back again. Thank you Cafe Juanita for a memorable night out!Special Features:
- 5-Star on the northendLeeRentlessDined on 9/20/2014It is so nice to know such an exquisite dining option is available without having to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerAntonioDined on 9/18/2014Great ambience, quiet enough, great service, perfect wine, excellent food. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- fantasticAguestDined on 9/18/2014Great service, exceptional food, great quality. This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A time to rememberSkipdeteDined on 9/13/2014We first ate here 25 years ago. Great food. Good time. Would go back again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!CallieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Cafe Juanita has rapidly become my very favorite restaurant in the entire Seattle area. I live across Puget Sound, so it isn't an easy drive to get there - but it is so worth the effort. The food is perfection itself and the service is impeccable. The pairing of a specialty cocktail and a small savory bite is an inspired idea, and the wine list provides wonderful choices - and a wait staff with care and attention to ensure the right wine with your food courses. I had their exceptional seared fois gras, a peach, sweet corn, and glazed pecan bibb salad, and a rich and complex braised rabbit. There wasn't a misstep anywhere, and the whole meal was memorable perfection itself.Special Features:
- Good restaurantZavirgDined on 9/12/2014I loved this place especially for the food and the ambiance... It s perfect for a romantic dinner perhaps a little bit expensive .. I could easily recommende cafe Juanita .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try the rabbit dishessusiehkDined on 9/12/2014Everything is amazing, but the rabbit is outstanding. Cocktails are fab...and a huge selection of grappa awaits. Appetizers were the only good items that didn't impress as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued GreatnessGreatDined on 9/11/2014Cafe Juanita continues to be among the finest dining experiences in the Seattle area. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the wine list has a great selection across regions, varietals, and price ranges. You really feel special when dining here, and you know that Holly and the entire staff are serious about their work, while having a lot of fun!Special Features:
- It's a disappointment.NikoDined on 9/10/2014On our reservation, we requested a quiet table. We arrived at 5:15pm on a weekday. There were only 2 tables occupied and the host put us in their worst table: near the door & right next/facing to the kitchen. Really? We asked to move and he was not very happy, even though there were still a few tables available when we were done around 7:00. Prosciutto and melon -- Just a few strips of ham on a white plate ? Even Monsoon East at Bellevue has better presentation & taste compared to this. Tiramisu -- the one from Safeway tastes better and is 1/10 of the price. Almost $300 with 20% tip. Everything felt very overhyped and overpriced. I guess our expectations were high when considering their price tag. Needless to say, we won't be back.
- outstandingbecky22Dined on 9/5/2014It had been a long time since I'd last dined at Cafe Juanita, and it didn't disappoint. Amazing food, impeccable service, lovely serene atmosphere. I had a panna cotta for dessert that was incredible.Special Features:
- amazing servicespectacularDined on 9/5/2014we got lost on our way to Cafe Juanita and the restaurant manager stayed on the phone with us for 15 minutes guiding us the entire way as we drove. The food was amazing. Goat cheese gnochi was divine.Special Features:
- Romantic with great menuBornFREEDined on 9/4/2014This place provides enough romantic atmosphere for a special occasion dinner, and it has a great menu to support that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialDwightDined on 9/3/2014Everything we've had on the menu has bee n absolutely wonderful, the service is impeccable, and the entire staff is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Fabulous ExperienceDiningDivaDined on 9/3/2014Unbelievable experience with a wonderful ambiance and a close-knit bistro feel. We had the rabbit and the lamb. My husband, who is Australian and makes the most incredible rack of lamb said that this was the best lamb he has ever had. My only suggestion would be to order or bring your own wine and skip the cocktails to keep the price in a reasonable range.Special Features:
- TwoodcmtwoodcmDined on 9/3/2014Cafe Juanita is a venerable, upscale establishment that has managed to maintain classic charm while evolving at the leading edge of our region's culinary advance. They've perfected elegance in an otherwise humble corner of Kirkland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014great meal very tasty. the staff was very attentive and helpful. the ambience could be improved but overall excellent mealSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodJoGaDined on 8/30/2014We had visitors from San Francisco area and we were all impressed with the quality of food, wine and serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014The meal, service, and ambience of this restaurant in no way matched the cost. Cost is not an issue for us unless we get poor quality for big prices--and that was what we experienced.
- Special Night at Cafe JuanitaErikDined on 8/29/2014We recently visited Cafe Juanita to celebrate our 16 wedding anniversary. The service, food and wine were all top notch. The attentive-yet-not-suffocating service by the staff made for a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very special destinationSkippyDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, the food is delicious and the presentation is beautiful. Our waiter was attentive without hovering. The restaurant is tucked into a lovely wooded lot off the shore of Lake Washington and the decor is elegant NW Modern. It feels like a lovely home. My companion and I appreciated the quiet ambiance. No loud music just beautifully prepared food and a nice wine list. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Simply amazing from start to finish. Service was flawless. Food was superb and refined. Wine selections by Kyle magical. Outstanding dining experience. Do miss your opportunity to experience Cafe Juanita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better than everfudtuDined on 8/26/2014We have eaten here several times over the past 15 years, and the food was the best yet. We ordered a couple of antipasti/salad courses that staff were happy to split for us, allowing us to taste more dishes. The seasonal items such as a grilled peach and a blueberry sorbet were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestatethereDined on 8/23/2014Some of the best food I have ever tasted. The wine that accompanied the meal was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was amazing. Somm totally nailed the wine choice when I gave him free reign and Barbera Risotto was one of the best dishes I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- best restaurant in Seattle areaunderimpressedDined on 8/22/2014best food in our area. We have been eating here for 35 yr. and it is better all the time. Holly Smith is innovative and cooks with subtlety and deftly creates surprising and tasty combinations that please the tongue and eyes.Special Features:
- WillyDined on 8/21/2014The food is always excellent. You have color and taste with good use of fresh ingredients. The service is some of the best in the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014We had eaten the previous year at Cafe Juanita for a birthday celebration. This year we returned to celebrate her birthday again. Without providing CJ any info on the birthday, they kept track of whose birthday it was (without us even providing the birthday girl's name). She is also gluten intolerant. This year when we were seated, the hostess turned to her and said "most of the menu can be made gluten free." Again no mention was made of her gluten intolerance when I made the reservation on Open Table or when we arrived. It is this attention to detail in the customer service, along with the incredible food, that makes this restaurant stand out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencepattyjaneDined on 8/21/2014I met an ex-co worker for dinner at 5 p.m. She brought a nice bottle of wine, our server was excellent at describing the evening specials and very good at answering all of our questions. She ordered duck and I ordered the cheeks. We shared the gnocchi. The gelato was delicious. The place isn't cheap but I felt comparable to other restaurants of this caliber. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!dustyrhodesDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I have been to Café Juanita twice. The chef is very talented in creating exquisite dishes. The wine list is substantial with many good choices, although quite a few are extremely expensive bottles. However, the selection for single glasses has sufficiently good wines that a glass of quality wine with dinner is affordable. Many of the menu items are pricey, but you can find tasty items at a reasonable price. This time I decided to splurge on the Waygu beef, which was absolutely delicious. My wife prefers options on the vegetarian side, but no worries--the restaurant has several menus to choose from depending on your preferences. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the East SideTomTerrificDined on 8/19/2014Very professional and friendly wait staff. Food was absolutely great and perfectly prepared. We were not rushed.Special Features:
- OverpricedMadgeDined on 8/16/2014Considering the steep prices (over $200 for two) the food did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Great FoodMdsdinesoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014Rabbit, gnocchi, and tomato and buratta salad all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedIandCDined on 8/16/2014We came here for anniversary, and Everything was exquisite. We ended up splitting 4 appetizers and a main course - everything was brought out on seperate plates and beautifully arranged. Serving sizes were not large, which let us try a lot of their dishes. Service was courteous and prompt. The interior was elegant although the building itself was a bit dated. We will certainly becoming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.