9702 NE 120th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034-4206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafejuanita.com/
- Phone: 4258231505x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Holly Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant is available for parties up to 65. The garden wine room comfortably seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 30 people and features a fireplace. Custom designed menus are available. We are also available for restaurant rental for parties up to 65.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Smith 4258231505x
A word from Cafe Juanita
Cafe Juanita features nationally acclaimed Northern Italian cuisine prepared using the freshest Northwest ingredients and complimented by an award-winning wine list. We are 90% organic in raw ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Juanita - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Cafe Juanita reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)fit for foodies (157)romantic (116)notable wine list (114)neighborhood gem (93)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)scenic view (12)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AmazingMamaHDined on 10/22/2014This neighborhood gem has been around for years and now I know why. The food was exquisite w/artistic presentation and flavors that were amazing. Not to mention the wait staff was flawless. This was a special occasion treat and I would recommend Cafe' Juanita to everyone. We knew it was a good sign when Tom Douglas came in with a group of people to celebrate a birthday. If he chose to dine there, then we knew we were in good hands for the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisite dining experienceJemmh50Dined on 10/15/2014Once again, the Cafe Juanita delivered an inspired menu focused on the season. We enjoyed the pairing of Bone marrow brischetta pared with sparkling wine. A bit pricey but worth the indulgence. The grilled octopuses a must to order; as is the rabbit braised. You have to set price aside and simply slip into the warm welcoming space and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedLauderdaleDined on 10/15/2014This is the second time I’ve been to Café Juanita. The first time was amazing, but I can say after this visit we will not be returning. The food was good but nothing amazing. It took a long time for us to get our food and we were the first table seated for dinner service. It seemed as if a class was going on in the kitchen and all the staff was watching the Chef. Not something I think should’ve be done at the expense of my time. The servers treated us like we were beneath them and it took about ten min for us to be greeted, again, I don’t find this acceptable considering we were the first table seated.
- Cafe Juanita is specialOsoStarDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I have visited Cafe Juanita at least once a year over the past decade plus and have never been disappointed. Each time has yielded an imaginative menu, special dishes and first rate presentation. The duck we had this last time was a pure delight, as were the pumpkin appetizers. Service was properly attentive and expert in helping us make menu decisions. All around, a great experienceSpecial Features:
- great wine list and seasonal menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Cafe Juanita has a wonderful wine list and a seasonal menu. The sommelier gives excellent recommendations based on your budget. We have dinner there a number of times and have always had a delicious meal. I am on a gluten free diet and they cater very will for me . Highly reccommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceGreatDined on 10/10/2014We had another great dining experience at Café Juanita this past Friday. I have been going there for 8 years, and it has always been excellent. Holly updates the menu regularly to reflect the season and the current menu has some real gems. David provided the service and did a stellar job. All of the staff is so knowledgeable about both the menu and the wine list. Café Juanita remains my favorite restaurant in the Seattle metro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic MealnyvisitorVIPDined on 10/10/2014We could not be bigger fans; it has been our favorite for years. We always order several courses so that we can try more items; the menu allows you to order the pasta course in smaller sizes, which we treat like an appetizer and split a small. My husband is loyal to the sweetbreads but Holly changed the menu for the season so they were not on the menu; he had the octopus and it was excellent. I had the prosciutto di parma with figs-excellent; soup for both-simple yet not because the flavor they get from the broth is fantastic; romaine salad-like ceasar-delic; risotto nero-yum;Tagliata of NY-perfectly cooked; cauliflower contorno-wonderful. For the first time I tried their Tiramisu-couldn't have been better. Panna Cotta always no fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- engagementjelbaumDined on 10/9/2014great place for a surprise engagement dinner. Staff graciously hid the ring on my fiancee's desert plate, she was ecstatic! Complimentary procesecco was a nice touch. Staff was courteous, prompt, and unassuming. Perfectly romantic dinner with a great ending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversaryth582013Dined on 10/8/2014Had a fantastic meal here, celebrating 10 years of marriage to the love of my life. Great ambiance, food, service and companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Discreet GemmondoDined on 10/4/2014Located in a quiet area of Kirkland WA, this is a well known and respected part of the Pacific NW culinary scene. The food was expertly prepared and the service was quite attentive. I had the fish of the day, Branzino, which the waiter kindly removed the bones, etc. and my companion the Tagliata of New York steak. They were delicious as well as the appetizers (egg with caviar, prosciutto with melon, and the octopus). The cauliflower was very soft and creamy and the soup with Wagyu hit the spot. We polished off the dinner with Cognac, Tiramisu and Chocolate Tortino. The place has a romantic atmosphere, and is quite expensive, but is a place you might take your serious date, spouse, or significant other for a special occasion.Special Features:
- stunning!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Our meal was wonderful and the service was impeccable without being too over the topSpecial Features:
- PerfectionjackMVIPDined on 9/27/2014Quality and creativity continue to be Cafe Juanita's hallmarks. Add to that a carefully curated wine list, perfect service and you have a formula for a memorable dining experience. Wonderful local products find their way onto the menu and are used in Italian inspired preparations. Brava Juanita!Special Features:
- FOBWGDined on 9/27/2014The seating arrangements were not as intimate as I expected for a restaurant of this caliber. I hope with their planned renovations the seating will be changed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Friendly, professional, customized service. Delicious, creative dishes.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualEastsiderDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service, our server (Kristen?) was fanstastic. It was a special occaision and the staff at CJ did a fantastic job of making the eveing one we'll remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchJimCDined on 9/20/2014Great food and great service. Wonderful flavors. You can really tell when the dishes are paid attention to when they leave the kitchen. Whole fish on the plate is a wonderful way to serve and dine on fish and it was seasoned perfectly. We ordered cauliflower as a side, which was delicious, but the flavors were way too powerful for the fish and sadly was hardly touched. (The carrots ran out unfortunately, or they would have been ordered). Staff is very attentive without being intrusive, which is not easy to do when you you strive to be attentive. They do it smoothly and with grace. Nectarine sorbet for dessert ... wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to come here!johnnyallnightDined on 9/20/2014It had been a couple of years since I was here last, but this place never disappoints. Excellent food (with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients), skillfully prepared, and served by competent staff. It's all good...Special Features:
- A Fantastic Evening!YibblDined on 9/20/2014Four of us went to Cafe Juanita to celebrate a couple of birthdays and could not of had a better time. The service was prompt, friendly and accommodating. The food was unique and delicious. Two of us had the rabbit, one the lamb and the fourth had the filet. We were all thrilled with our choices and enjoyed the taste of each other's meal as we eagerly passed our forks around. The salads and the desserts were equally satisfying and I can't wait to go back again. Thank you Cafe Juanita for a memorable night out!Special Features:
- 5-Star on the northendLeeRentlessDined on 9/20/2014It is so nice to know such an exquisite dining option is available without having to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerAntonioDined on 9/18/2014Great ambience, quiet enough, great service, perfect wine, excellent food. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- fantasticAguestDined on 9/18/2014Great service, exceptional food, great quality. This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A time to rememberSkipdeteDined on 9/13/2014We first ate here 25 years ago. Great food. Good time. Would go back again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!CallieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Cafe Juanita has rapidly become my very favorite restaurant in the entire Seattle area. I live across Puget Sound, so it isn't an easy drive to get there - but it is so worth the effort. The food is perfection itself and the service is impeccable. The pairing of a specialty cocktail and a small savory bite is an inspired idea, and the wine list provides wonderful choices - and a wait staff with care and attention to ensure the right wine with your food courses. I had their exceptional seared fois gras, a peach, sweet corn, and glazed pecan bibb salad, and a rich and complex braised rabbit. There wasn't a misstep anywhere, and the whole meal was memorable perfection itself.Special Features:
- Good restaurantZavirgDined on 9/12/2014I loved this place especially for the food and the ambiance... It s perfect for a romantic dinner perhaps a little bit expensive .. I could easily recommende cafe Juanita .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try the rabbit dishessusiehkDined on 9/12/2014Everything is amazing, but the rabbit is outstanding. Cocktails are fab...and a huge selection of grappa awaits. Appetizers were the only good items that didn't impress as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued GreatnessGreatDined on 9/11/2014Cafe Juanita continues to be among the finest dining experiences in the Seattle area. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the wine list has a great selection across regions, varietals, and price ranges. You really feel special when dining here, and you know that Holly and the entire staff are serious about their work, while having a lot of fun!Special Features:
- It's a disappointment.NikoDined on 9/10/2014On our reservation, we requested a quiet table. We arrived at 5:15pm on a weekday. There were only 2 tables occupied and the host put us in their worst table: near the door & right next/facing to the kitchen. Really? We asked to move and he was not very happy, even though there were still a few tables available when we were done around 7:00. Prosciutto and melon -- Just a few strips of ham on a white plate ? Even Monsoon East at Bellevue has better presentation & taste compared to this. Tiramisu -- the one from Safeway tastes better and is 1/10 of the price. Almost $300 with 20% tip. Everything felt very overhyped and overpriced. I guess our expectations were high when considering their price tag. Needless to say, we won't be back.
- outstandingbecky22Dined on 9/5/2014It had been a long time since I'd last dined at Cafe Juanita, and it didn't disappoint. Amazing food, impeccable service, lovely serene atmosphere. I had a panna cotta for dessert that was incredible.Special Features:
- amazing servicespectacularDined on 9/5/2014we got lost on our way to Cafe Juanita and the restaurant manager stayed on the phone with us for 15 minutes guiding us the entire way as we drove. The food was amazing. Goat cheese gnochi was divine.Special Features:
- Romantic with great menuBornFREEDined on 9/4/2014This place provides enough romantic atmosphere for a special occasion dinner, and it has a great menu to support that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialDwightDined on 9/3/2014Everything we've had on the menu has bee n absolutely wonderful, the service is impeccable, and the entire staff is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Fabulous ExperienceDiningDivaDined on 9/3/2014Unbelievable experience with a wonderful ambiance and a close-knit bistro feel. We had the rabbit and the lamb. My husband, who is Australian and makes the most incredible rack of lamb said that this was the best lamb he has ever had. My only suggestion would be to order or bring your own wine and skip the cocktails to keep the price in a reasonable range.Special Features:
- TwoodcmtwoodcmDined on 9/3/2014Cafe Juanita is a venerable, upscale establishment that has managed to maintain classic charm while evolving at the leading edge of our region's culinary advance. They've perfected elegance in an otherwise humble corner of Kirkland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014great meal very tasty. the staff was very attentive and helpful. the ambience could be improved but overall excellent mealSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodJoGaDined on 8/30/2014We had visitors from San Francisco area and we were all impressed with the quality of food, wine and serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014The meal, service, and ambience of this restaurant in no way matched the cost. Cost is not an issue for us unless we get poor quality for big prices--and that was what we experienced.
- Special Night at Cafe JuanitaErikDined on 8/29/2014We recently visited Cafe Juanita to celebrate our 16 wedding anniversary. The service, food and wine were all top notch. The attentive-yet-not-suffocating service by the staff made for a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very special destinationSkippyDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, the food is delicious and the presentation is beautiful. Our waiter was attentive without hovering. The restaurant is tucked into a lovely wooded lot off the shore of Lake Washington and the decor is elegant NW Modern. It feels like a lovely home. My companion and I appreciated the quiet ambiance. No loud music just beautifully prepared food and a nice wine list. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Simply amazing from start to finish. Service was flawless. Food was superb and refined. Wine selections by Kyle magical. Outstanding dining experience. Do miss your opportunity to experience Cafe Juanita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better than everfudtuDined on 8/26/2014We have eaten here several times over the past 15 years, and the food was the best yet. We ordered a couple of antipasti/salad courses that staff were happy to split for us, allowing us to taste more dishes. The seasonal items such as a grilled peach and a blueberry sorbet were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.