9702 NE 120th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034-4206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafejuanita.com/
- Phone: (425) 823-1505
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Holly Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The restaurant is available for parties up to 65. The garden wine room comfortably seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 30 people and features a fireplace. Custom designed menus are available. We are also available for restaurant rental for parties up to 65.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Smith 4258231505x
A word from Cafe Juanita
Cafe Juanita features nationally acclaimed Northern Italian cuisine prepared using the freshest Northwest ingredients and complimented by an award-winning wine list. We are 90% organic in raw ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Juanita - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Cafe Juanita reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)special occasion (158)notable wine list (114)romantic (108)neighborhood gem (93)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Never disappointsDonnaKVIPDined on 11/19/2014We love Cafe Juanita. We recently took good friends visiting from DC. Both thought the pasta was the best they'd ever eaten...even better than Italy! Does it get any better? We don't think so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceLenCDined on 11/15/2014Hadn't been to Cafe Juanita for awhile and took a special friend of mine to a place I knew was quiet ,intimate and was going to be great. She and I both love to cook and love great food. We were not disappointed. David, our waiter, was great and the meal was fabulous. Had the rabbit (amazing) and a scallop special that was over the top good. Will keep this on our list of places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creatively wonderful specials; consistent quality.JohnVIPDined on 11/15/2014Cafe Juanita never disappoints for a high quality dining experience. We found it exceptional from the staff interaction throughout each course and the wine pairings. We enjoyed several of the specials this week -- the scallop appetizer; the soup; and the pork shoulder. Each dish creatively presented and wonderfully prepared. The rabbit, was phenomenal as well. Whether it be date night, a special occasion or dinner with work, family or friends - Cafe Juanita is a wonderful atmosphere for a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeAbovetheNormVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is always amazing, the service impeccable, and the ambience comfortable and romantic with the lighting. Still one of our all time favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out at CAfe JuanitaJohnDoeDined on 11/13/2014Great dining experience. We accidently ordered the squid ink rosotto which we didn't care for, too salty and rich - oh well. Probably our palette problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TheShroDined on 11/5/2014Probably the best piece of fish (Artic Char) that I've EVER had - period. Every bite was as delicious as the first. Their wine list is also impeccable and reasonably priced. Would love to come again next time I'm in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary nightDiscerningDinerDined on 11/4/2014The service here was excellent, but the food was not as good as we expected, given the newspaper reviews we had read. We found several dishes oversalted and the octopus was too chewy, even a little pasty. We have had much better octopus (more flavorful and better texture) at other restaurant's in the Seattle area. The pasta dishes were inventive and flavorful (e.g. roasted sage on the pasta). The char was excellently cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining experience!IslandGirlDined on 10/30/2014A lovely table next to the fireplace, perfect for my husband's birthday dinner. The wait staff was great, our server set the right tone for an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlsljlslDined on 10/25/2014The main negative issue was parking. Once inside, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The chef personally visited our table. The menu was excellent with a great variety. The wine list was extensive for pacific northwest and imports (mostly italian)--conspicuously absent save for one zinfandel were California wines. We would go back and have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKGeneQ3Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good but not great. Pricing was too high for the food. The service was wonderful...actually made the experience betterSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great 18th anniversary dinner! The food was exquisite as usual. It is the one of the few restaurants where I always look forward to trying something different because I know I will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptionalPamHDined on 10/24/2014Our go to for nice evening out - at least twice a year. Food and service and vibe are sooo wonderful.Special Features:
- A very Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Since it was our 50th anniversary, and close to our two birthdays, we decided that it was time to try the Cafe Juanita. We were not disappointed. We had a table by the fire, and the food & service met or exceeded our expectations. It was in every way a special evening.Special Features:
- amazingly refined & authentic foodmikiVIPDined on 10/23/2014Another fantastic gourmet experience....the service.was.just flawless and engaging but not intrusive. truffle season!! Best truffles I've had since my last trip to italy. love the octopus appetizer...just try it!Special Features:
- AmazingMamaHDined on 10/22/2014This neighborhood gem has been around for years and now I know why. The food was exquisite w/artistic presentation and flavors that were amazing. Not to mention the wait staff was flawless. This was a special occasion treat and I would recommend Cafe' Juanita to everyone. We knew it was a good sign when Tom Douglas came in with a group of people to celebrate a birthday. If he chose to dine there, then we knew we were in good hands for the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisite dining experienceJemmh50Dined on 10/15/2014Once again, the Cafe Juanita delivered an inspired menu focused on the season. We enjoyed the pairing of Bone marrow brischetta pared with sparkling wine. A bit pricey but worth the indulgence. The grilled octopuses a must to order; as is the rabbit braised. You have to set price aside and simply slip into the warm welcoming space and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedLauderdaleDined on 10/15/2014This is the second time I’ve been to Café Juanita. The first time was amazing, but I can say after this visit we will not be returning. The food was good but nothing amazing. It took a long time for us to get our food and we were the first table seated for dinner service. It seemed as if a class was going on in the kitchen and all the staff was watching the Chef. Not something I think should’ve be done at the expense of my time. The servers treated us like we were beneath them and it took about ten min for us to be greeted, again, I don’t find this acceptable considering we were the first table seated.
- Cafe Juanita is specialOsoStarDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I have visited Cafe Juanita at least once a year over the past decade plus and have never been disappointed. Each time has yielded an imaginative menu, special dishes and first rate presentation. The duck we had this last time was a pure delight, as were the pumpkin appetizers. Service was properly attentive and expert in helping us make menu decisions. All around, a great experienceSpecial Features:
- great wine list and seasonal menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Cafe Juanita has a wonderful wine list and a seasonal menu. The sommelier gives excellent recommendations based on your budget. We have dinner there a number of times and have always had a delicious meal. I am on a gluten free diet and they cater very will for me . Highly reccommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceGreatDined on 10/10/2014We had another great dining experience at Café Juanita this past Friday. I have been going there for 8 years, and it has always been excellent. Holly updates the menu regularly to reflect the season and the current menu has some real gems. David provided the service and did a stellar job. All of the staff is so knowledgeable about both the menu and the wine list. Café Juanita remains my favorite restaurant in the Seattle metro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic MealnyvisitorVIPDined on 10/10/2014We could not be bigger fans; it has been our favorite for years. We always order several courses so that we can try more items; the menu allows you to order the pasta course in smaller sizes, which we treat like an appetizer and split a small. My husband is loyal to the sweetbreads but Holly changed the menu for the season so they were not on the menu; he had the octopus and it was excellent. I had the prosciutto di parma with figs-excellent; soup for both-simple yet not because the flavor they get from the broth is fantastic; romaine salad-like ceasar-delic; risotto nero-yum;Tagliata of NY-perfectly cooked; cauliflower contorno-wonderful. For the first time I tried their Tiramisu-couldn't have been better. Panna Cotta always no fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- engagementjelbaumDined on 10/9/2014great place for a surprise engagement dinner. Staff graciously hid the ring on my fiancee's desert plate, she was ecstatic! Complimentary procesecco was a nice touch. Staff was courteous, prompt, and unassuming. Perfectly romantic dinner with a great ending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversaryth582013Dined on 10/8/2014Had a fantastic meal here, celebrating 10 years of marriage to the love of my life. Great ambiance, food, service and companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Discreet GemmondoDined on 10/4/2014Located in a quiet area of Kirkland WA, this is a well known and respected part of the Pacific NW culinary scene. The food was expertly prepared and the service was quite attentive. I had the fish of the day, Branzino, which the waiter kindly removed the bones, etc. and my companion the Tagliata of New York steak. They were delicious as well as the appetizers (egg with caviar, prosciutto with melon, and the octopus). The cauliflower was very soft and creamy and the soup with Wagyu hit the spot. We polished off the dinner with Cognac, Tiramisu and Chocolate Tortino. The place has a romantic atmosphere, and is quite expensive, but is a place you might take your serious date, spouse, or significant other for a special occasion.Special Features:
- stunning!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Our meal was wonderful and the service was impeccable without being too over the topSpecial Features:
- PerfectionjackMVIPDined on 9/27/2014Quality and creativity continue to be Cafe Juanita's hallmarks. Add to that a carefully curated wine list, perfect service and you have a formula for a memorable dining experience. Wonderful local products find their way onto the menu and are used in Italian inspired preparations. Brava Juanita!Special Features:
- FOBWGDined on 9/27/2014The seating arrangements were not as intimate as I expected for a restaurant of this caliber. I hope with their planned renovations the seating will be changed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Friendly, professional, customized service. Delicious, creative dishes.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualEastsiderDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service, our server (Kristen?) was fanstastic. It was a special occaision and the staff at CJ did a fantastic job of making the eveing one we'll remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchJimCDined on 9/20/2014Great food and great service. Wonderful flavors. You can really tell when the dishes are paid attention to when they leave the kitchen. Whole fish on the plate is a wonderful way to serve and dine on fish and it was seasoned perfectly. We ordered cauliflower as a side, which was delicious, but the flavors were way too powerful for the fish and sadly was hardly touched. (The carrots ran out unfortunately, or they would have been ordered). Staff is very attentive without being intrusive, which is not easy to do when you you strive to be attentive. They do it smoothly and with grace. Nectarine sorbet for dessert ... wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to come here!johnnyallnightDined on 9/20/2014It had been a couple of years since I was here last, but this place never disappoints. Excellent food (with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients), skillfully prepared, and served by competent staff. It's all good...Special Features:
- A Fantastic Evening!YibblDined on 9/20/2014Four of us went to Cafe Juanita to celebrate a couple of birthdays and could not of had a better time. The service was prompt, friendly and accommodating. The food was unique and delicious. Two of us had the rabbit, one the lamb and the fourth had the filet. We were all thrilled with our choices and enjoyed the taste of each other's meal as we eagerly passed our forks around. The salads and the desserts were equally satisfying and I can't wait to go back again. Thank you Cafe Juanita for a memorable night out!Special Features:
- 5-Star on the northendLeeRentlessDined on 9/20/2014It is so nice to know such an exquisite dining option is available without having to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerAntonioDined on 9/18/2014Great ambience, quiet enough, great service, perfect wine, excellent food. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- fantasticAguestDined on 9/18/2014Great service, exceptional food, great quality. This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A time to rememberSkipdeteDined on 9/13/2014We first ate here 25 years ago. Great food. Good time. Would go back again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!CallieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Cafe Juanita has rapidly become my very favorite restaurant in the entire Seattle area. I live across Puget Sound, so it isn't an easy drive to get there - but it is so worth the effort. The food is perfection itself and the service is impeccable. The pairing of a specialty cocktail and a small savory bite is an inspired idea, and the wine list provides wonderful choices - and a wait staff with care and attention to ensure the right wine with your food courses. I had their exceptional seared fois gras, a peach, sweet corn, and glazed pecan bibb salad, and a rich and complex braised rabbit. There wasn't a misstep anywhere, and the whole meal was memorable perfection itself.Special Features:
- Good restaurantZavirgDined on 9/12/2014I loved this place especially for the food and the ambiance... It s perfect for a romantic dinner perhaps a little bit expensive .. I could easily recommende cafe Juanita .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try the rabbit dishessusiehkDined on 9/12/2014Everything is amazing, but the rabbit is outstanding. Cocktails are fab...and a huge selection of grappa awaits. Appetizers were the only good items that didn't impress as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued GreatnessGreatDined on 9/11/2014Cafe Juanita continues to be among the finest dining experiences in the Seattle area. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the wine list has a great selection across regions, varietals, and price ranges. You really feel special when dining here, and you know that Holly and the entire staff are serious about their work, while having a lot of fun!Special Features: