1500 Webster St
Alameda, CA 94501Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafejolies.com/
- Phone: 5105234500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Th-Sa 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Joann Guitarte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the store for additional information.
A word from Cafe Jolie
Bon Jour! Café Jolie is a French inspired restaurant--one of the best restaurants Northern California has to offer. We serve French inspired dishes that are organic and seasonal. We believe in every aspect of our restaurant, but the core of our restaurant lies in the quality of our dishes. You won't know until you experience it. Merci Beacoup!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Jolie reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent!MaxchotshotVIPDined on 8/15/2014Friday evening we dined at Cafe Jolie and loved it! I ordered the wild salmon and my husband had the scallops with truffle risotto and both were EXCELLENT!! The service was friendly and very professional. We loved the live music. A very enjoyable evening. It does seem that Cafe Jolie is under appreciated, given the quality of the food and service I would have expected more people dining.Special Features:
- Very Nice!ManNwifEDined on 7/25/2014I live on the West End of Alameda and have been coming here since it's beginning as a coffee shop/breakfast/lunch place. They still do all those things very well. However...what has really gotten my attention is the food at dinner....WOW!!! There is no other place on the West End that compares! Great, imaginative food with good portions (maybe a bit large), quaint, romantic atmousphere, and attentive service. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit a HitBeemorVIPDined on 7/19/2014Cafe Jolie recently began serving dinner (vs. only breakfast and lunch). We found it on Open Table and wanted to try it. Loved the ambience immediately: jazz duo playing, friendly servers and host. Being a French restaurant, I tried the Onion Soup. Was not disappointed. Delicious and different as it had a tomato base. Special rack of lamb was delicious with chimichurri sauce. Filet mignon was wonderful and cooked beautifully. A couple sat next to us as we were finishing dinner and ordered only dessert: carrot cake and chocolate cake. They looked amazing. The woman said she has tried carrot cakes many different places and that Cafe Jolie's was the best!Special Features:
- first time diner123eatDined on 7/10/2014Great food, great atmosphere, attentive wait staff, extremely, extremely noisy. The acoustics were so bad we couldn't have a conversation during dinner. Too bad, otherwise a very nice restaurant.
- Basic 2-star bistrojaz2020VIPDined on 5/1/2014Jolie is a pleasant restaurant--not a great one, not remarkable, but a decent value. The menu plays it safe, and the servings are generous. Starting now, on Thurs eve ONLY, they have $1 oysters. Spouse was happy with those, the French onion soup, and filet. Salmon filet was massive and delicious; loved the fava bean puree in place of the typical starch. Coffee and espresso very good. Service was cheerful and excellent. Many people rave about their brunch/breakfast items; we'll come back to try them. Pleasant interior, but wish they'd drop the live music. Restaurant too small and music is too loud if you're seated close by.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, good atmosphereSailorDined on 4/25/2014A real dinner surprise. The food was prepared with a lot of thought and care. Service was excellent. The live piano was a pleasure. On Friday night the restaurant was about 1/2 full. We plan to return for their Brunch service, but we were warned to arrive early, otherwise we should expect a wait. There is parking right next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Cafe Jolie reviews archive.
- LovelycookieVIPDined on 4/5/2014I've been to Cafe Jolie several times, breakfast, lunch and dinner and really every experience has been great. I love the place, it's so clean and the food is so good and presented so beautifully. My only change would be to reduce the vinegar on the basic green salad, a little to intense, but other than that I will definitely be back. Also, very friendly and accomodating.Special Features: