1500 Webster St
Alameda, CA 94501Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafejolies.com/
- Phone: (510) 523-4500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Th-Sa 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Joann Guitarte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the store for additional information.
A word from Cafe Jolie
Bon Jour! Café Jolie is a French inspired restaurant--one of the best restaurants Northern California has to offer. We serve French inspired dishes that are organic and seasonal. We believe in every aspect of our restaurant, but the core of our restaurant lies in the quality of our dishes. You won't know until you experience it. Merci Beacoup!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Jolie reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014Had a very good first dinner experience at Cafe Jolie. Was surprised to get Filet Mignon as a special at a really great price - $22! It was delicious! There are some really nice wind choice, not a huge menu, but enough to have a nice variety. Live music too was enjoyable. Our server and the busboy were very attentive and nice. We will definitely go back for dinner. Hope they put the bacon wrapped scallops back on the menu – saw a picture on the face book page, but they were not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe JolieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service was excellent. I go to a restaurant with friends so I can enjoy their company and chat. This restaurant is to small for a live band to have a conversation unless that is the reason you go. The waiter moved us to a quieter place but conversation was still difficult. It wasn't until the band took a break and the quiet music the restaurant piped in could we enjoy our evening. Unfortunately live music is every weekend. This would be the reason for our group not to return to Cafe Jolie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome in AlamedaseekUniqueDined on 10/11/2014Live music. Dinner Jazz and a chef who knows how to apply the French arts to contemporary favorites. Get here if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MaxchotshotVIPDined on 8/15/2014Friday evening we dined at Cafe Jolie and loved it! I ordered the wild salmon and my husband had the scallops with truffle risotto and both were EXCELLENT!! The service was friendly and very professional. We loved the live music. A very enjoyable evening. It does seem that Cafe Jolie is under appreciated, given the quality of the food and service I would have expected more people dining.Special Features:
- Very Nice!ManNwifEVIPDined on 7/25/2014I live on the West End of Alameda and have been coming here since it's beginning as a coffee shop/breakfast/lunch place. They still do all those things very well. However...what has really gotten my attention is the food at dinner....WOW!!! There is no other place on the West End that compares! Great, imaginative food with good portions (maybe a bit large), quaint, romantic atmousphere, and attentive service. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit a HitBeemorVIPDined on 7/19/2014Cafe Jolie recently began serving dinner (vs. only breakfast and lunch). We found it on Open Table and wanted to try it. Loved the ambience immediately: jazz duo playing, friendly servers and host. Being a French restaurant, I tried the Onion Soup. Was not disappointed. Delicious and different as it had a tomato base. Special rack of lamb was delicious with chimichurri sauce. Filet mignon was wonderful and cooked beautifully. A couple sat next to us as we were finishing dinner and ordered only dessert: carrot cake and chocolate cake. They looked amazing. The woman said she has tried carrot cakes many different places and that Cafe Jolie's was the best!Special Features:
- first time diner123eatDined on 7/10/2014Great food, great atmosphere, attentive wait staff, extremely, extremely noisy. The acoustics were so bad we couldn't have a conversation during dinner. Too bad, otherwise a very nice restaurant.
- Basic 2-star bistrojaz2020VIPDined on 5/1/2014Jolie is a pleasant restaurant--not a great one, not remarkable, but a decent value. The menu plays it safe, and the servings are generous. Starting now, on Thurs eve ONLY, they have $1 oysters. Spouse was happy with those, the French onion soup, and filet. Salmon filet was massive and delicious; loved the fava bean puree in place of the typical starch. Coffee and espresso very good. Service was cheerful and excellent. Many people rave about their brunch/breakfast items; we'll come back to try them. Pleasant interior, but wish they'd drop the live music. Restaurant too small and music is too loud if you're seated close by.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, good atmosphereSailorDined on 4/25/2014A real dinner surprise. The food was prepared with a lot of thought and care. Service was excellent. The live piano was a pleasure. On Friday night the restaurant was about 1/2 full. We plan to return for their Brunch service, but we were warned to arrive early, otherwise we should expect a wait. There is parking right next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelycookieVIPDined on 4/5/2014I've been to Cafe Jolie several times, breakfast, lunch and dinner and really every experience has been great. I love the place, it's so clean and the food is so good and presented so beautifully. My only change would be to reduce the vinegar on the basic green salad, a little to intense, but other than that I will definitely be back. Also, very friendly and accomodating.Special Features: