Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens
2647 East Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pascalnewportbeach.com/
- Phone: 9496730033x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Olhats
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private area seats up to 120 Guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Aguilar 9496730033x
A word from Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens
Dine in a “hidden oasis” amongst a serene paradise garden setting featuring a lite French and Mediterranean luncheon fare at Sherman Gardens. Enjoy soft breezes and spectacular foliage for outdoor dining, or dine inside the Great Room surrounded by glass door walls, a mosaic fireplace, exposed beams, and Spanish tiled floors. The dining area is available for private parties, banquets for up to 230 people, and Pascal is the exclusive caterer for Sherman Gardens, home of manyContinued
spectacular weddings. Please note that a $3 per person donation is required to enter Sherman Gardens.
spectacular weddings. Please note that a $3 per person donation is required to enter Sherman Gardens.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (15)scenic view (15)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (13)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (7)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Place for LunchBillVIPDined on 8/29/2014Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens is a delightful place for a causal lunch. The gardens are beautiful, the food is very good, and the service is prompt and efficient. The price also is reasonable (even including the $3 donation per person to enter the gardens.) When the sun shines, the wind gently blows and the temperature is in the high 70s or low 80s, lunch is "perfect".Special Features:
- A secret gemMaryDined on 8/28/2014Who knew such a beautiful and relaxing heaven on earth ambiance lay beyond the walls off the Pacific Coast Highway! Delicious food and superb service. I go every time I am in Corona del Mar and I am always impressed. I love to take my friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfussyfoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014The Sherman Gardens and Library is a wonderful place and the restaurant is in a lovely setting. It's a shame that the restaurant is mediocre. Maybe it's just not for me, but the menu is limited and there were only a couple of things that I would even consider. I had the kale and scallop salad. It was fine, nothing special. My friend had salmon and said it was very good. The waitress kept coming over to take our order when we weren't ready and kept coming over after she gave us our bill even though we hadn't put our credit cards down. The next time I go to the Gardens I will eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great experience!MaggieDined on 8/17/2014It was a great experience! Took two friends who had never been there and they loved everything. I have been taking friends there for lunch and brunch and the comments are invaraibly positive. Even prices are pretty good.Special Features:
- Best Lunch in Newport BeachMicMozVIPDined on 8/8/2014Café Jardin at Sherman Gardens is only open for lunch and only during the week, but is a gem of a lunch. Take a few hours out of your day or off from work and enjoy a beautifully prepared meal in a perfect garden setting. It just does not get more civilized for lunch anywhere in town. Quiet, peaceful, and delicious. Go for the three-course prix fixe menu because the appetizers, main courses, and deserts are great. Portions are not large so you can do all three courses. Suggestions include the beet salad, crab cakes and chicken breast dish (all sublime). And you can't go wrong on any desert choice. We have been there many times and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- A Little OasisfreshairDined on 8/6/2014We love coming to Sherman Gardens; it's a little oasis off of busy Hwy 1. Quiet, peaceful, in the midst of beautiful gardens, it's the perfect place for lunch at any time of year. And the food is delicious. If you are adventurous, try the octopus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always lovelyPamelatjVIPDined on 7/30/2014Beautiful setting. The patio was in full use and ladies in hats enjoying their tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Jardun at Sherman Gardensfab4youDined on 7/29/2014This was our first experience at Cafe Jardin and the Sherman Gardens. The experience was wonderful. Food elegantly served, unique menu, service was above and beyond. I order crab cakes which were prepared at the time of order and very, very fresh and crispy. I also order the roasted beets which were to die for. Our server was there checking to make sure that everything we ordered was what we wanted. The location. tables outside in the garden, was beautiful and so relaxing. We spent another 1 1/2 hours just walking through the gardens. What a tremendous pleasure this place was and I would highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eatMaggieDined on 7/23/2014There were seven of us for lunch. The food was delicious and the desserts yummy. Only one person did not enjoy her lunch. It was the Bay Scallop Salad. A very big mound of very bitter kale and not many scallops. Over all it was a good dining experience. We've been there before and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodeeeDined on 7/20/2014Great food and a great atmosphere for lunch or brunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceToniDined on 7/20/2014As always Sherman Gardens and Cafe Jardin put on a spectular show. Food was great and the gardens were in full bloom. Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!SherryDined on 7/11/2014I loved the atmosphere of this beautiful and serene garden spot! As luck would have it, the weather too was perfect. My friend and I walked around before lunch and marveled at the various plants so artfully arranged within the garden. Our lunch was delicious. While sitting outside in the shade, with soft, cool breezes blowing, the experience could not have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great food and ok service. The gardens are beautiful, but the entire venue is a bit older.Special Features:
- Beautiful Outdoor GemaalaurenceDined on 5/30/2014The food and dessert were fabulous. The gardens are so pretty and well kept. We had a reservation for 1:30 for 6. The kitchen closes at 2 though, so if you plan on a longer lunch, make your reservations at at least 1:00. Will definitely be back in the future!Special Features:
- The following 261 reviews are from the Cafe Jardin at Sherman Gardens reviews archive.
- HOTTEST DAY OF THE WEEK!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2014THE PLACE IS QUITE LOVELY, BUT WE HAD ROOM-TEMPERATURE SALADS. THERE WAS NO COOL PLACE BECAUSE THE INSIDE DINING ROOM IS OPEN TO THE GARDEN ON ONE SIDE, AND THE DAY WAS JUST TOO HOT. We'll go again because we love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I love his food. Environment is lovely, and restful...relaxing, compared to most loud and noisy restaurants.MvSpecial Features:
- Eating in the gardenfoodfoxDined on 5/9/2014Couldn't be a prettier setting. The crab cakes were outstanding! Service was a little neglectful. Either too busy or short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorial Lunchthanks4foodDined on 4/23/2014Four of us came to celebrate the life of the brother of one of us who had recently died. We spoke of many shared topics and the garden was very healing and so was the food! The staff did not interrupt us when we stayed past 2pm - very thoughtful. Delightful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine among the flowersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I loved this place. It's worth going for the gardens alone, but when you combine that with a really lovely meal that is very reasonably priced, it's something that should not be missed. I will be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one time is enough...GinoCVIPDined on 4/20/2014it is the atmosphere that I think brings people to this place. Everything was going very well... until they bring the check.... Now for the record I normally always tip 20%, since I was in that industry. No where on the menu online or at the location does it state 18% gratuity automatically added for a party of 3? That I did not mind because I was going to tip more. What I have never seen before was taxing me on the tip. They actually single out the gratuity and right below a line that says gratuity tax. The manager came over and told me they are allowed to do it and it is legal. I dine out 3 to 4 time per week. Sometimes at fine dining restaurants and have never seen this before. I would not return! Everything was OVERPRICED
- JosieDined on 4/17/2014Our lunch was great as was the service, however, there was a large group of ladies in the main dining room having a business meeting and including a small but noisy music group. Because of the very loud noise of the music we chose to sit out on the patio even though the weather was on the cool side, one of our ladies is not well and would have chosen to sit inside we made do by sitting her in the corner of the patio and out of the wind. Other than that our day was very successful the kitchen has vastly improved the crab cakes and the lavender cream dessert was to die for! Have eaten here many times as well having attended three weddings over the years, will return again for sure.Special Features:
- Server spilled champagne on guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2014The server spilled champagne on one of our guests of honor and on me. Our guest of honor was celebrating her birthday. It wasn't just a little spill, it was a huge spill all the way down the back of her dress. Our server did apologize later, but we were surprised that the manager didn't come over to apologize. We thought the manager might want to offer to remove the "endless champagne" charge of $15 for her, or comp her lunch, or offer to dryclean her dress. Our guest was disappointed about her dress. My dress and shoes were spilled on as well. Neither of us were offered any sort of compensation. It would have been nice to know upon making the reservation that each guest owes $3 for the donation.
- The loveliest lunch spot ever!TbirdnanaDined on 4/9/2014This is absolutely my favorite lunch spot. Pascal's menu and presentation are always perfect. I had the crab cake on risotto...wonderful. My friends had the scallops...perfection, and the shortribs bourgignone, very tasty. Our desserts, well, the lemon tart is light and not too tart, and the apple tart one of my favorite desserts of all time. The Sherman Gardens are more beautiful than ever, and I have been coming here for over 20 years. This is the restaurant I bring new friends to, especially when they're from out of town, and old friends when we just want to breathe in beauty and have our souls refreshed along with our stomachs. If you haven't tried it yet, don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent VisitorvisitorDined on 3/16/2014We often visit Cafe Jardin with friends, out-of-towners, or on special occasions. The Sunday Brunch is lovely, several courses. I recmmend the salmon as best entree selection on brunch menu. Service was friendly, ambiance very nice.Special Features:
- Girls' Lunch OutShezumDined on 3/10/2014There were 7 of us and we had such a wonderful experience. The lunch was very good but the ambiance was even better. It was so pleasant being surrounded by friends and beautiful flowers.Special Features:
- Pf1980Pf1980Dined on 2/17/2014We sat outside by the amazing garden. Food and service was also very good. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. It was a beautitful day and the garden scene was so enjoyable. I will definitely visit again and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor dining in nbFernDined on 2/14/2014Lovely ambiance, delicious food...wish it were open in winter for brunch.Special Features:
- Lunch in the gardenDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 1/28/2014First time here for lunch and it was a lovely setting, my only complaint about the ambiance was that there was construction going on directly across from where I was seated, so that wasn't very nice to see or hear. The service was very good, not rushed or ignored but attentive. I got the prix-fixe lunch which started with a salad but it was overpowered by way too much vinaigrette. The white fish was nice but flavorless, the brussels sprouts with pancetta and fingerling potatoes was quite good. The dessert was lavender creme brûlée which was very good. It was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.Special Features:
- The Garden is replacing theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/20/2014The Garden is replacing the glass roof on the tropical garden greenhouse, so the ambience, view, and noise level at the cafe are negatively impacted. Construction containers and workers' trucks take up 40% or so of the back parking lot, particularly around noon. The food is good, but the service was glacially slow in two visits this month. One of my friends asked to take some food home; our waiter never reappeared with her doggy bag in the remaining 15 minutes we were there. So, of course, she didn't recall it until we were part way home.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMaggieDined on 1/17/2014Love the place and everyone whom I have invited over in the last few years has loved it as well. Many have gone on to invite family and friends on their own. Great food, excellent service, lovely gardens; what's not to like!Special Features:
- Cafe Jardin must address NOISE!GreatIndianFoodVIPDined on 1/15/2014Until Sherman Gardens does something to stop the repair noise from 11 to 2 p.m. each day, it is not a pleasant place to enjoy a lunch and beautiful view which is what Sherman Gardens is all about!Special Features:
- Great environment for ourGrannyDined on 12/20/2013Great environment for our holiday family outing: Grandma, granddaughter, daughter, daughter in law. Fire in fire place enhanced the festive atmosphere; looking out at the gardens was soothing. Server was attentive and responsive. Garden salad got thumbs up, beet salad mixed reactions. Cheese plate was a little sparse . and not very creative flavor wise. Crab cakes were excellent, nicely presented. Dessert selection was varied and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful Place to Dine!PatsyDined on 11/14/2013We are members of Sherman Gardens and visit the gardens quite frequently. We usually dine at Cafe Jardin when we go. Generally we select from the 3 course menu and have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent and the presentation is beautiful. The service is excellent and the staff is friendly and caring. On my most recent visit I ordered the beet salad, the crab cakes, and the apple tart. I would recommend all 3 items to everyone! This is one of my favorite restaurants in Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overpriced gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2013Everything about this Cafe is lovely and the food is very good. However, it isquite over priced. I know a top O.C. Restaurant which has a $20 prix fix three course lunch for $5 less than Cafe Jardin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairsummerDined on 10/23/2013We had to sit outside because the main dining room was being readied for another event. It was a little chilly to be outside that particular day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy lunch folledPaulVIPDined on 10/8/2013We always enjoy lunch folled by a walk through the gardensSpecial Features:
- Wonderful day!HungryDined on 9/30/2013There were three of us for lunch on Monday. The day could not have been better what with perfect temperatures and great food in a lovely setting. One of the three had never been to Sherman Gardens before so this was a real treat. We had beet salad and the green salad with mushrooms; quiche, the sliced beef sandwich and the crab cake; desert was an apple tart, the flourless chocolate cake, and the lemon tart, all served with endless amounts of iced tea and Arnold Palmers. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful day at the gardensGardensDined on 9/29/2013Great place for brunch and will definiitely be checking out lunch since I work close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Jadin at the ShermanBillVIPDined on 9/25/2013Café Jadin at the Sherman Gardens is a wonderful place for lunch assuming the sky is clear and the temperature is warm. The setting in the gardens could not be better and the food was great. Highly recommended for lunch on any beautiful day. The fixed-price menu is $25 (a little expensive) but there are sufficient options on the menu to satisfy just about everyone.