Cafe Italia II - Falls Church
7395 A Lee Hwy
Falls Church, VA 22042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Italia II - Falls Church
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeitaliarestaurantva.com/
- Phone: 7039929565x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Meme Alvares
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: please check our new site for menu details www.cafeitaliava.com
- Entertainment: Tom Cunningham Orchestra every second Monday of the Month
Tom Saputo Check site for schedule (one Sunday a month and Friday's)
Covertible Jerk Band check Site for details
A word from Cafe Italia II - Falls Church
Café Italia Ristorante was established in 1976 in Arlington VA and is known for excellent food, charming decor, and exemplary service. With their Authentic Italian Recipes, Cafe Italia has been voted "Best Neighborhood Restaurant.” Please stop by our authentic Italian Restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia… so we can welcome you with the finest in homemade Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Italia II - Falls Church reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- RudeplanderVIPDined on 7/7/2014The service was terrible and the entrees took 45 minutes.
- Good deal on Mother's dayMomandelves2013Dined on 5/11/2014Food was fine. Restaurant was understaffed and service was slow but manager was kind and gave us complimentary salads. Good alternative for those who live in area, but setting in a strip mall is less than desirable. They have live music once a month to try to attract clientele but room is large and seems to be lacking tables...maybe they want it to be a dance floor in evenings? Not sure... Not sure we will return as it was a bit out of the way, but food was ok that day.Special Features:
- BigmamacheddahhjVIPDined on 5/4/2014Loved this restaurant! The food was excellent and the service was fantastic! I'm considering moving to the area. If I choose to do so, this will definitely be on my "favorites" list.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Cafe Italia II - Falls Church reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood PlaceFoodisgoodDined on 3/23/2014Our group was a group of 8 and we had wonderful service. Wait staff were attentive but not annoying. The food was good as well. I particular enjoyed my veal parmesan. We had a very nice time. I am not sure if it was because it was a relatively slow night or we had a large group but we were treated to an after dinner drink as well. That was a lovely surprise.Special Features:
- Great band, okay food, service?RichDined on 3/10/2014We were there for a middle school band fundraiser. Overall it was an enjoyable evening. The band was GREAT! The food was okay, the best part of the evening was the salad, then the wait staff seemed to get a bit overwhelmed (the restaurant was hardly full). Perhaps they were understaffed? In any case, the restaurant decor is not fancy, kinda feels like a cafeteria.... I loved the pomodora sauce, really flavorful. The Gnoochi were dull, the afredo was meh. The spinach ravioli were very good... The Chianti, well... you know Chianti! :)
- Too much salt in meat sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/17/2014Too much salt in meat sauce and drink prices are very expensive....even at happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is unassuming,TonyBDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is unassuming, but had a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The food was delicious, and the service was good. The restaurant was a little loud, as it has few interior walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Always a difficult night for restaurants but Café Italia simply wasn't staffed to service more than a half dozen tables and the place was nearly filled. Not a good experience, but food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- substandard serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014the service was beyond terrible - host was also server. impossible task. food delivered was not what we ordered. live music sounded like bad church music - very low quality and upsetting experience. felt like a third world country. what has happened to US?
- Miss the old Cafe Italia IIDapperDonDined on 12/6/2013I remember fondly the old Cafe Italia II in Fairfax.. Unfortunately this new incarnation is a far cry. I miss the old salad bar. The location is a large, pretty bare store front; no ambiance to speak of . And the food was marginally acceptable; certainly not great.
- Nice placeSalemDined on 11/15/2013Went here for dinner prior to going out for the evening. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of Italian food. It was homemade and I appreciate that. Very good experience and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Italian meal ever!jck1VIPDined on 9/8/2013Cheese on the bruschetta, pizza that looked like it has come from the freezer and the worst coffee I have ever tasted. We were the only table there (bar one) but the service, although pleasant, was really slow. The food was terrible. Bland and poorly presented. Wilted salad with grated carrot. Really 1970s. And it was expensive! Terrible!
- Mediocre at best...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2013Lackluster italian food, nothing special. Staff did not get the order right.