Cafe Italia - Arlington
519 South 23rd Street
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Italia - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeitaliarestaurantva.com/
- Phone: 7035212565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fermin Cevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cafe Italia has knowledgeable staff to help you to delight your guest with an exceptional customized menu for your special occasion. Whether you’re hosting a corporate brunch meeting, a business luncheon, a social gathering ~ we can help you every step of the way. Cathering Menu upon request
- Private Party Facilities: Host your gathering events at Cafe Italia Ristorante. Whether you're planning lunch, dinner or cocktail reception, we will deliver! Our restaurant section have been design to fit small and large groups.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Flores 7035212565
- Entertainment: PIANO & SAX MUSIC by THE ARROW DUET
Come and enjoy an evening of great songs played every Friday/Saturday.
ACOUSTIC GUITAR ENTERTAINMENT by Ron Recinos
His songs are based on a variety of guitars and styles fusing folk, funk and reggae, with hinted...
Join us every Sunday and enjoy our delicious food, ambiance, and our live music.
- Special Events: Cafe Italia charming sections have been designed to host any private event. Book your event with us and let our experts help you taylor a special menu to fit your budget and delight your guest with exquisite food and our charming decor.
- Cross Street: Jeferson Davis Hwy
- Public Transit: ART-ARLINGTON TRANSIT The ART of getting around Arlington. ART operates within Arlington County, providing access to Metrorail and supplementing Metrobus with smaller, neighborhood-friendly vehicles. CommuterDirect.com.FAIRFAX CONNECTOR The Fairfax Connector bus system runs seven days a week.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking Information: * Street parking is free after 6 PM on weekdays and on Sundays * Located within just blocks of National Airport, Crystal City Metro, and Pentagon City, and just 2 miles from Washington D.C.
A word from Cafe Italia - Arlington
Café Italia Ristorante was established in 1976 and is known for excellent food, charming décor, and exemplary service. With their Authentic Italian Recipes, Cafe Italia has been voted "Best Neighborhood Restaurant.” Please stop by our authentic Italian Restaurant in Crystal City Arlington, Virginia so we can welcome you with the finest in homemade Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Italia - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Would go back!sneakersDined on 9/6/2014Definitely worth trying...We were looking for something different and found it here. The linguini with red clam sauce was quite good, as was the veal. The food came out fresh and hot. They have a huge menu and we had a difficult time deciding what to order. The service was fabulous! It was nice to order and not be rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 8/13/2014My friend was surprised the piccata chicken was not thin, but said it was tasty enough. My food was okay, veal, I prefer very good food and will go back to Portofino when I want Italian dishes.
- Charming decor & great serviceMollyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant consistently provides good food and attentive service. We especially enjoy the house salad that is complimentary with the meal. The price is reasonable too. It is nice to have this restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- GemtalbDined on 7/7/2014Our hotel recommended this place. Having recently returned from Italy where we enjoyed amazing food , we were pleasantly surprised at this local gem. The food was delicious !the bolgenese sauce and lasagna are not to be missed! The staff were friendly and service was good.Special Features:
- Good food and reasonableWashington1Dined on 6/8/2014We enjoyed the meal, mine and the service. Had a class in the area and tried Cafe Italia. Pizza was very good as was the salad and pasta. Would not hesitate to retun again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Cafe Italia - Arlington reviews archive.
- Not the same restaurant I remember!Not4methistimeDined on 5/7/2014While in DC area on business I located a restaurant housed in the same location that was great. Great food, great wine, great service. I ate there twice over time because of the experience. I was surprised to find this to be a family restaurant of sorts with crowded table layout designed to serve families with crying babies. The hostess did not even ask about Open table or for my name when I arrived 5 minutes before the time of my reservation. She motioned me to a table and left me with a menu that featured foods totally different from my previous visits. After a few minutes wait I decided leave for a more familiar restaurant. I gave the food a very good rating as I expect it was. Unfortunately I was not in the market for comfort food.
- Great ValuedivingabmanDined on 4/20/2014Cafe Italia was a great deal all the way around. Top notch service, great Italian food and great price for a quality menu. Not your foodie type place but excellent by all means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were traveling & used opentablejdk1980Dined on 4/12/2014We were traveling & used opentable to find a place close by. The food was great. Service was wonderful. Would love to come back when we are in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Pleasant SurprisemoovieloverVIPDined on 3/30/2014As visitors to any city, we try to find great restaurants that are neighborhood gems. Café Italia was a great find. The food was delicious and the portions large (but not overly so). Our waitress was lovely and very attentive as was all of the serving staff. We enjoyed our first meal so much that we decided to return on our last night in DC. We will certainly recommend Café Italia to anyone who enjoys a great Italian meal. And we will certainly return the next time we are in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so enjoyed thisskyweaverDined on 3/29/2014I found this restaurant online when I was looking for a place to eat before going to a show at Synetic Theater. I lucked out - very charming little place - the food was very good. And my husband and I stumbled on a bottle of wine that instantly became one of our favorites. The service was friendly and attentive, the food and especially the tiramisu for dessert was quite good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJohnDined on 2/14/2014Cafe Italia served up some delicious food on Valentines Day. Our entrees were delicious. Wine and beer lists could have been better; but, the food was definitely good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ok restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014The place was clean, and had a good ambience. The food was ok. There are better Italian restaurants out there. A little over priced.
- I was very happy with this placeLexChexVIPDined on 1/10/2014It was great little restaurant! The food was very good! The ambiance was nice aswell. It was a quaint little neighborhood Italian restaurant I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic Italian. I hadBoringVIPDined on 12/16/2013Good basic Italian. I had Veal Christina -- one piece of the veal was very tough and I couldn't finish it; the other was fine. Sauce was okay but basially uninspired. Tiramisu was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceRJinVADined on 12/12/2013Service was excellent, ambiance was nice and food was good. Only negative was price - felt a little high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Comfort FoodMollyVIPDined on 11/27/2013We head to Cafe Italia whenever we have a craving for lasagna or spaghetti in a comfortable setting. All entrees are served with bread and a small salad, and the house dressing is delicious.Special Features:
- Great FoodPatrickDined on 11/12/2013I was very surprised at the excellent food. Portions were the perfect size, and the dessert options are plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throwback style Italian restaurantBiztravlrDined on 10/16/2013Conveniently located for me during my business stay. red checkered linen table clothes have been replaced with red vinyl. I had Their version of a 3 course prixe fixe special. Food was tasteful and what I was looking for after a day at work. House chianti was also good. More than enough portion size. I left full. Service was attentive but fell apart at the end when I was left waiting for the check too longSpecial Features:
- honeymoon specialcgeraciDined on 9/24/2013we were on our honeymoon in DCA and found this gem of a restruante when we took a walk looking for a breakfast diner. My new husband was looking for a special place...good food and great wine list. This was in Sept so we opted for an outside table near the street. I would definetly recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting the DCA areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedshegeeDined on 9/23/2013After reading the reviews, arriving at the restaurant was a surprise. The food was bland, spaghetti overcooked, the red sauce was sour and lacked flavor. It was hard to believe that this is the same place that received the positive ratings I read from Open Table. The service was lackluster starting with someone who sat us down by pointing at a table as she was headed toward another table to take and order and slapping menus down on the table. The entire experience was a disappointment, food, service and the fact that the ratings seem to be higher than our experience.Special Features:
- Just not goodBCuddyDined on 8/3/2013I am not a food snob by any means, however, the food was not good at all. I had the spaghetti as I test every Italian restaurant by this the first time I go. The meat was like dog food. The sauce had a watered down taste and feel. The garlic bread was good. Don't go.
- Daddy daughter dateJasonGlennvilleGeorgiaDined on 8/1/2013We found this through the open table website, after looking at sever places my daughter picked this one, and I am glad she did. The food was awesome and staff was great. It was a wonderful meal to end our trip to the D.C. area. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tablecloths were plasticMaggieVIPDined on 7/23/2013The tablecloths were plastic - they served us red wine when we asked for white My vegetarian dish was served with meat sauce I would not recommend this to anyone
- Neighborhood friendlyFoodzgoodVIPDined on 7/18/2013This was a nice place to go for a simple old-style Italian restaurant dinner - there were no checkered table cloths but they would have worked. The food was good as was the service and the price was reasonable. There is nothing flashy or pretentious about the restaurant but the food was hearty and plentiful. Our waiter was efficient and helpful. I had lobster bisque to start and it was flavorful but not the rich taste I expected. We both had pasta dishes and they were well prepared. The cappuccino was sweetened and I would not recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their customersCambridgianVIPDined on 6/4/2013Read the reviews online so decided this was worth trying. It is packed between other restaurants, and I was unsure we had chosen wisely. Well, we felt like we found new friends as the service was beyond wonderful. They loved us but didn't hover. Our food was beyond delicious. It is kind of old fashioned American idea of Italian style, but with a kind of modern level of freshness and excellence. When the bruschettas arrived, for instance, I thought, oh dear, because they didn't look special. But oh my, they were so amazing in taste. So come for the neighborhood feel, the kind wait staff, and the superb food.Special Features:
- Surprisingly reasonable pricesneodocDined on 5/6/2013Surprisingly reasonable prices for Crystal City. Good portion size. Tasty food. Easy walk from Crystal City Marriott & nearby hotels. Limited on-street metered parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large group and CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2013We had a large group and Cafe Italia was very accommodating. Service was quite good for a large party. If you're a fan of Italian food it's ok. Several in our group had the special ravioli that night and said it was good, as did the person next to me who had a seafood pasta dish. My calzone was more bread than anything else and the salads were nothing really special. Overall it was a pleasant meal and we went there because they could accommodate our large group.Special Features:
- Yummy, Friendly, fun place to eatBillyCDined on 4/6/2013Great friendly service, very good food, authentic old school Italian restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Although good food, serviceMGRRecommendedDined on 4/4/2013Although good food, service suffered due to being crammed into a back table with no way to receive proper service from the waitstaff. Our waiter passed our meals to us in order to deliver the food. It also felt like our table of four had an additional 2 because the tables were so close. Too cramped.
- Great place for a relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Great place for a relaxing night with a group of friends. Service was great. Food was good.Special Features:
- Outstanding wait-staff andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Outstanding wait-staff and excellent food. Put it on your "dining-list" when in Arlington.Special Features:
- Gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013Loved the homemade Italian food and the personality of the waitress!Special Features:
- I have been dinning with cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2012I have been dinning with cafe since back in the early 90's and now the new owner while keeping the same menu has taken and cut ingriedents example meatballs were made from scratch with top grade meats now we say they are made but taste like store bought. The brushcetta no longer includes tomatoes spices and cheese but one graple tomatoe sliced into 3 slices with a little shredds of chees over the top. Same price but cut back on taste. After our meal we asked for the manager who quicklly came by and we explained that we have noticed all meals were being cut back on the important parts including quality and taste. Everyone here knows us we come here a lot. I asked for a call from soloman before I wrote this review however no call yet.
- As good a being in ItallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2012My husband said it had the best food which he visited Ittaly. That is a huge compliment for him to give. Perfect for any situation with an amazing menus at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Food: excellent. Service: friendly, attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Cafe ItaliaBoringVIPDined on 11/14/2012The food this time was just mediocre. The meat lover's calazone had hardly any meat in it at all -- but a ton of cheese, blacx olives and mushrooms. The Chicken a la Lutz was a bland and the sherry cream sauce on the pasta was uninspired. Usually I like this place, but this time it was disappointing.Special Features:
- Would like a wheat pasta option.fm110Dined on 11/8/2012Would like a wheat pasta option. Past experiences were much better at this neighborhood restaurant. Prices are reasonable. I will give it one more try, but if the same we'll go elsewhere for Italian.
- YUKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012Not good in any respect. Poor food quality, and choice, poor service and poor atmosphere.
- Cafe Italia was a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2012Cafe Italia was a very nice surprise the food was good and the prices are reasonable. Great find in Arlington.Special Features:
- My mother told me two thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012My mother told me two things that apply here: 1. If an Italian restaurant serves pizza, it is not an Italian restaurant, but a pizza joint. 2. If a pizza joint is not proud enough to have their name on the take-home box, they are not a good pizza joint.