Cafe Italia - Arlington
519 South 23rd Street
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Italia - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeitaliarestaurantva.com/
- Phone: (703) 521-2565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fermin Cevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cafe Italia has knowledgeable staff to help you to delight your guest with an exceptional customized menu for your special occasion. Whether you’re hosting a corporate brunch meeting, a business luncheon, a social gathering ~ we can help you every step of the way. Cathering Menu upon request
- Private Party Facilities: Host your gathering events at Cafe Italia Ristorante. Whether you're planning lunch, dinner or cocktail reception, we will deliver! Our restaurant section have been design to fit small and large groups.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Flores 7035212565
- Entertainment: PIANO & SAX MUSIC by THE ARROW DUET
Come and enjoy an evening of great songs played every Friday/Saturday.
ACOUSTIC GUITAR ENTERTAINMENT by Ron Recinos
His songs are based on a variety of guitars and styles fusing folk, funk and reggae, with hinted...
Join us every Sunday and enjoy our delicious food, ambiance, and our live music.
- Special Events: Cafe Italia charming sections have been designed to host any private event. Book your event with us and let our experts help you taylor a special menu to fit your budget and delight your guest with exquisite food and our charming decor.
- Cross Street: Jeferson Davis Hwy
- Public Transit: ART-ARLINGTON TRANSIT The ART of getting around Arlington. ART operates within Arlington County, providing access to Metrorail and supplementing Metrobus with smaller, neighborhood-friendly vehicles. CommuterDirect.com.FAIRFAX CONNECTOR The Fairfax Connector bus system runs seven days a week.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking Information: * Street parking is free after 6 PM on weekdays and on Sundays * Located within just blocks of National Airport, Crystal City Metro, and Pentagon City, and just 2 miles from Washington D.C.
A word from Cafe Italia - Arlington
Café Italia Ristorante was established in 1976 and is known for excellent food, charming décor, and exemplary service. With their Authentic Italian Recipes, Cafe Italia has been voted "Best Neighborhood Restaurant.” Please stop by our authentic Italian Restaurant in Crystal City Arlington, Virginia so we can welcome you with the finest in homemade Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Italia - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2011I chose Cafe Italia because it had a reasonable time available for a party of 11 and the menu looked diverse & reasonably priced. When we arrived, our table was available immediately, which was great, but that's where the good part of this review ends. Our waiter informed us that they were OUT OF GLASSES so he couldn't bring us water; we waited more than 20 minutes for water. He did not bring enough wine glasses. When we asked for more, he brought enough for everyone but 1 person; we had to ask 3 times for the missing glass. Pasta entrees come with a house salad; he didn't ask anyone what kind of dressing they wanted; all came soaked in Italian dressing. The food was mediocre at best. He's lucky an 18% tip was included in the bill.
- This place was fantastic yearsWineloverVIPDined on 6/2/2011This place was fantastic years ago, but it has gotten pretty generic. All in all, it was a bit of a disappointment.
- Maybe not an entirely fairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2011Maybe not an entirely fair appraisal. There was an absolutely massive group of Prom-goers when I was there. They made the atmosphere pretty unbearable. I only blame the restaurant for taking such a large reservation of teens in the the first place. Also, the servers were pretty short with my party and it was very hard to get service. They also seemed to have lost our reservation. Food was adequate and decently priced. Parking was good.
- Good food, reasonable prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2011Good food, reasonable prices, but very slow service.Special Features:
- I was so disappointed of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2011I was so disappointed of the service. We came late at almost 2pm and there were only a handful of people but it tooks 30 minutes before the food was served. Not only that, it took 20 minutes before the attendant came back to me to tell me that the mahi mahi is no longer available. I was famished by that time so I settled for anything else which did not turn out well. The salmon was not a good substitute. Maybe the attendants were tired due to an earlier crowd, maybe, but it should not take 20 minutes or so before one can come back and tell you that status of one's order.Special Features:
- Great food and very accomodating.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2011Great food and very accomodating. There was only one server for our large party (which made it a little long getting checks) but the manager was ensuring our drinks stayed full, etc. I'd recommend -- good for lunch, close to Crystal City.Special Features:
- The food and fine were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2011The food and fine were excellent. Our waiter was very good and never a need to ask for anything. I know now why there was a line to get in.Special Features:
- We probably picked a poorOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/9/2011We probably picked a poor night to go since they were far too busy. We had to wait half an hour before sitting for our reservation. Our food didn't really get the attention it needed. Most of the time this neighborhood is very quiet, so you might have better luck.Special Features:
- We live in Arlington and haveKeriVIPDined on 4/2/2011We live in Arlington and have never tried this restaurant until last week. We were looking for a friendly neighborhood Italian restaurant with good food. The restaurant isn't fancy (which I liked) but the food is really good. Right when we walked in the door the smell of the food was excellent. If you're looking for no fuss Italian food that is reasonably priced, this is your place. We definitely plan on going back.Special Features:
- We sat in the enclosed patio,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/4/2011We sat in the enclosed patio, which was nice, but the music was rather loud. The service was very good and the wait staff was very personable. Contrary to other reviews, I found that the portions were quite small for the cost. I ate stuffed shells with Italian sausage. While it was flavorful, there was nothing to brag about. I know of other restaurants that provide better value for the money, with better food to boot.
- Great food but bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2011The food at Cafe Italia was very good but the service was lacking. We ordered 3 full crafes of wine and we received 2 1/2s and 1 full. We notified our server of the mistake and requested to make things easier he could just bring us 2 more 1/2s (he still charged us for 4 1/2s instead of 2 fulls a difference in price of 16 dollars!!). We requested split checks to make paying easier but he split the food and alcohol instead of by person. I've never seen someone split a check this way. I ended up paying for the full meal and figuring out the costs later.
- Great neighborhood spot withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Great neighborhood spot with Italian atmosphere. Above average cuisine at moderate prices. Service is very attentive, you are treated like a regular customer even if you only visit occasionally.Special Features:
- The restaurant was nearlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2011The restaurant was nearly empty at 6PM on a Friday when every other restaurant on 23d Street was packed - an indicator. Our party of seven had salads, pizza, and drinks. We selected Café Italia because reservations were available (another indicator) and the menu listed family-style pizza (about 14") which is a rarity these days as many establishments only offer smaller, 9-10" pies. No reason to complain, but nothing was exceptional, although the service was good. No reason to make a return trip.
- Quaint neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2010Quaint neighborhood restaurant. Went for a quiet New Years Eve dinner. Pleasant atmosphere, good food, great service.Special Features:
- The staff was very attentive.AndrewEDined on 12/20/2010The staff was very attentive. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The only exception was the lobster bisque which was scalding hot and was rather unremarkable. The wine list was average. There were seven in our party and were seated at a round table better suited for five people. All in all an average dinner. A solid dinner and value.Special Features:
- Great location but there areOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/17/2010Great location but there are many better Italian restaurants in the DC metro area. In DC try Filomena or Carmines and in MD try Mama Lucia.
- It was way too hot in thereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2010It was way too hot in there with the heater going full blast and the amount of people they had having their office party lunches. They had room but way too hot. The buffet was ok but not great-very generic and they were not quick to refill during the lunch crowd peak time. Tomato sauce was very "out of the can" and nothing was too original. I probably won't go back.
- my favorite restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2010my favorite restaurant in Arlington Va!!c'est fantastick!!!!!!see you next week with the entire Family.....Special Features:
- Javier was our waiter andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Javier was our waiter and boy its been a long time since a waiter knew the art of service and with a smile. The food was great came to the table hot and very large portions. Our check included appitizer, salad, main course and two drinks (alcholic)and two sodas for 56.?? Not a bad night and I thought very reasonable. Will deffinetly go back and will ask for Javier. Tell him Bruce and Bill from open table sent you in.Special Features:
- The only problem we had wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2010The only problem we had was when I got there I informed the bar tender I had a reservation. She turned us over to another lady and I informed her we had a reservation. She showed us to the table. Later that night we got a call about why we did not show up for our reservation. My husband informed them I tried to tell them on several occassions we had a reservation, and if they looked at the recipts they would see one was ours.Special Features:
- I booked a table for six atOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/4/2010I booked a table for six at Cafe Italia, in the hope that I would be able to pair good food with good conversation with my visiting colleagues. I was not disappointed. This restaurant is indeed a neighborhood gem. It was quiet, the staff was attentive but not intrusive, and the food was lovely. The tomato sauce was fresh, my eggplant parmagiana was tasty and not (as is too often the case) greasy, and my colleagues reported that their food was equally enjoyable. I will visit Cafe Italia again when I am in Crystal City. It is a refreshing antidote to the line-up of predictable chain-store food along and around 23rd Street. As they say in the Michelin Guide, worth a detour!Special Features:
- really a nice restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2010really a nice restaurant! very friendly and delicious food! I brought the entire family, sat in table up front for 8 of us and had a great timesee you real soon!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2010The food was very good and a great value! We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good restaurant. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2010Good restaurant. Good service. Good food. Really it was a nice surprise.
- Nice, small Italian restaurantArliVIPDined on 9/25/2010Nice, small Italian restaurant in Crystal City. Noting amazing, just decent Italian food. I would go there again, but I don't think I would seek it out. Portions are reasonably sized and everything came with a small salad, which was nice.
- Our waitress was a true professionaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2010Our waitress was a true professional, anticipating our needs, while ensuring our enjoyment!Special Features:
- We were in town for a reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2010We were in town for a reunion and vacation. We enjoyed Cafe Italia so much, we went twice within a week. Very personable staff, and the food was excellent. A nice touch at the end were the complimentary shots of amaretto after dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic food quality anddaddygDined on 9/7/2010Fantastic food quality and service to price ratio - very reasonable and accommodating. Very easily handled a diverse party of 14.
- This has been a special favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2010This has been a special favorite of mine since we first moved here and discovered it. While it's probably not on a level with some of the real "four-star" Italian restaurants, I just love it. They have a special tortellini with sage cream sauce that is one of their specialties and has about a bazillion calories but is completely worth it! That and a glass (or two or half bottle) of red wine and I am sated and happy. The wait staff is wonderful and friendly. It's just a nice relaxed place for a homey Italian meal. I especially like eating on the enclosed outdoor porch. Warning: finding parking on the street there isn't always easy.Special Features:
- A solid Crystal City stop.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2010A solid Crystal City stop. Great for the business dinner or lunch.