Cafe Istanbul - Plano
7300 Lone Star Dr
Plano, TX 75024-5650Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Istanbul - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafe-istanbul.net/
- Phone: 9723982020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Ahmet Ozdemir
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater your parties. We can also provide servers for your special occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can be reserved for special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Berna Ozmen 9723982020
- Entertainment: Bellydancing Shows on Fridays and Saturdays at 9pm.
A word from Cafe Istanbul - Plano
Authentic Turkish Cuisine, prepared by Turkish Chefs with fresh ingredients.Continued
Full bar, extensive wine list, Happy Hour, Bellydancing Shows...
Full bar, extensive wine list, Happy Hour, Bellydancing Shows...
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Istanbul - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Cafe Istanbul - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- H02 Dinner ClubJMcPeopleDined on 8/23/2014Appetizers were outstanding. The hummus was very well prepared and smooth. There was a good selection of lamb. I would recommend the Lamb Shank ... falling off the bone, moist and flavorful. It was a Saturday night and we were able to take in a performance by a belly dancer. She was friendly and participated in our groups dinner club "festivities" !! Thank You for a Fun evening with our delicious meals!Special Features:
- Great for GroupsTamInTexasDined on 8/4/2014We had a group dinner and it was wonderful. The food, service, atmosphere - everything was excellent!Special Features:
- Turkish Food in Texas!GlobalGirlDined on 8/1/2014The food is good, the staff knowledgable and friendly. The hummus excellent. Decor is nice, casual. Loved the evil eyes on the wall and the tile on the ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedagrnDined on 7/5/2014Nice restaurant but disappointed no bread or dip offered to start unless you order it as an extra item .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuv2entertainDined on 6/6/2014I had read a few negative reviews and was a little skeptical however I wanted to try it out. I was greatly surprised. The food and the service were both excellent!! Get the mixed grill out to try an assortment of their meats. It's excellent. Will go back and bring others!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameNancyTXDined on 6/4/2014We hadn't been to Café Istanbul for a while so I suggested it for a small family gathering on a Wednesday eve. We were seated at the back of the restaurant where they have several long tables set for groups such as this. The rest of the restaurant, bar and most of the patio were deserted. While other bars and restaurants across the street were packed, it was notably quiet inside. The appetizers were good as I had remembered, but the salmon on the salad was not the same, small pieces of not-real-fresh pink variety and disappointing. There was no happy hour nor specials and it just didn't feel the same. Definitely need to rethink their promotions and monitor the freshness of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle Eastern Gemlh2325Dined on 5/31/2014This is a restaurant that never disappoints. We've taken people who never had been exposed to this cuisine and loved it. It's wonderfully situated on the North end of Shops of Legacy (Lone Star) where the week-end night life is always fun to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ethnic and serene placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Food is gud..except for d shish kabab which were not done so well...so is the ambience is good...and service is nice.Special Features:
- A great find!GabeBDined on 5/23/2014Eating outdoors in the evening was a very enjoyable experience. The patio is well positioned so there is no direct sunlight, and the ambiance is enjoyable. The food was unusual - something I crave - and very good, as was the service. The cost is very reasonable. We will definitely go back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean FoodJudyDined on 5/17/2014My family and I enjoy the delicious and healthy Mediterranean food offerings. I always get the appetizer platter for the table and order for myself something vegetarian. The rest of my family orders chicken and/or beef and are very complimentary about their choices. The wait staff are very accommodating to children's special requests (i.e. chicken nuggets, catsup, etc.). It's always a pleasure to dine at Café Istanbul.Special Features:
- Average food, not-so-great servicevictory01Dined on 5/16/2014Several of us going to Cafe Istanbul were vegetarians so this review is based on that. Plusses of Cafe Istanbul: 1. Ability to reserve table online; nice convenience for a Friday night; 2. Good appetizers; 3. Outdoor dining a bonus Cons to Cafe Istanbul: 1. Entree options for vegetarians not so great. They had some veggie casserole dish that tasted like tomato soup with vegetables and you had to eat it with rice. Blah; 2. Service was average. Waitress was not friendly and had a condescending attitude. Big turnoff.Special Features:
- Great LunchBgameDined on 5/13/2014The food & service was wonderful. Was too cold the day we were there to sit outside, but patio looks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed menuFoodDined on 5/2/2014The menu has changed since last time. Not as good in terms of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Cafe Istanbul - Plano reviews archive.
- Good Setting & FoodBeenAroundATimeOr2Dined on 4/19/2014I've lived and eaten food from Turkey so was pleasantly happy to find the taste and presentation of the food was very good. I was disappointed in the service however. I spoke with the Manager (Turkish Lady) about my service and received an apology and complimentary Turkish Tea and Desert. I'll go back again to give Cafe Istanbul another try however there is no substitute for being in the real Istanbul. :-)Special Features:
- Nice food, but service not so!twittwooDined on 4/11/2014Sadly the food was nice but we were ignored quite often and certainly found the service lacking. The food was okay.. nothing special and small portions.Special Features:
- wonderfulmrswagesDined on 4/5/2014We got to the restaurant before our reservation, but were seated right awa Yuri. The food was wonderful as well as the service. We even came back for the bellydancer at 9:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014Waiter too timid and spoke so low he could not be heard over the background noise. My lamp shank was pitiful. Unseasoned and presented slightly warm. The tomato base stock was also uneventful and simply bland. The mash potatoes were from a box. A Pomegranate Martini was ordered per the drink menu and a Promegranate martini was served.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The food is authentic and prepared fresh daily. The staff explained the dishes and provided great service without hovering. Every course was wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent foodIngmarmarkDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the food very much. Server did not make any recommendations and bar service was a bit slow but overall it was a great experience.Special Features:
- my good lunchdeltapapaVIPDined on 3/8/2014What a great place for a delicious meal. I have been at this restaurant several times, both for lunch and dinner. Cafe Istanbul is always consistent. The mediterranean choices are excellent, the service is always accurate, friendly and respectful as well the management. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice evening with our daughterMrfirstnighterDined on 3/7/2014Istanbul has been one of our favorite restaurants in the local area. this time we tried a Turkish white wine that was really quite good. In nicer weather, we like to eat outside and take in the people watching of the Legacy scene.Special Features:
- Great food brought down by service.FriscoFoodieDined on 2/22/2014This was our second time at Cafe Istanbul. After being seated promptly we waited a good ten minutes for our waiter to arrive. I think he was new, and they may have been understaffed for a Saturday night, but our service all night was lacking. Water glass sat empty often, never checked on us, attempted to clear plates as we were still eating, just uncomfortable. Lucky, the food is good here! The hummus and tabbouleh appetizers were outstanding, and dessert was some of the best baklava I've ever had. The actual meals were also good, but at the end of the day there are so many choices of places to eat in Legacy, all with great good, that having subpar service just didn't cut it for us. Might go back just for drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy nightJetjockDined on 2/15/2014Night after valentines day and the place was very busy. Our waiter apologized for not getting to us often enough during the meal. We could see that he was assigned outside tables, a large inside group, as well as other smaller tables like ours. He was definitely getting his exercise running about. .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Service was super and we loved the food. Don't remember the name of the dish I had but it was lamb over a smoked eggplant mozzarella puree that was outstanding and very unique.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mediterranean DiningJayJayDined on 2/15/2014The food here is always great. If you like Greek or Mediterranean food, then Cafe Istanbul will not disappoint with their Turkish menu. Our only complaint each time we come is the water. It tastes terrible. We are not sure if this just how Plano water tastes, but it forces us to purchase iced tea or some other beverage. Otherwise, this place gets 5 starts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Took chef recommendations for dinner and was not disappointed. Make sure to get the kunefe for dessert. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding andFoodie1Dined on 2/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service was top notch. This is one of the best dining experiences in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take a break from Mexican and sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2014With another couple, we had a wonderful dining experience. The menu is authentic and has something for all. Presentation is very good and expertly prepared. I had the best lamb shanks I've ever tasted, served on a bed of a fabulous mixture of roasted red peppers and eggplant. Fantastic! Everyone enjoyed what they had. The service was very good, with a delightful server who was very friendly, informed, and made perfect suggestions. An accidental wine spill by one of us quickly had three people immediately helping, one to take care of the table, one mopping the floor and one helping the "victim" of the spill. Quick, cordial and helpful. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Istambul is consistentlydeltapapaVIPDined on 1/26/2014Cafe Istambul is consistently a great place for a really delicious Mediterranean style meal. The creativity of the chef in incomparable as well the continuity of his traditional meals. The wines list gives the choice of the right drink at the right price. The service is superb as well the management in handling all of the aspects of a great dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a friday nightCoquiDined on 1/17/2014We went on a friday night with reservation and as soon we got in the restaurant the host took us to our table. It is a small place, the ambience is nice. Service was fast and the food was delicious. The bakalava was the best I ever had. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to the airportdeltapapaVIPDined on 12/29/2013I reserved a table at Cafe Istanbul on my way to the airport. No surprise; the place is consistently great. The food provided was everything that I expected in a Mediterranean cuisine restaurant. My lamb as well the dessert were exquisite. The taste of the Turkish wine was superb. Management and staff are wonderful to deal with. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish food/ fun atmospherejcdoug01Dined on 12/28/2013Second dining experience was even better than the first because the belly dancer added a festive element. Delicious Turkish food, and also good choices for diners skeptic about trying new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!RebelfoodieDined on 12/24/2013Thanks Herschel for top notch service! I loved the Turkish sausage, and the lamb on the mixed grill for 2 ( can't remember exact name of the dish).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013This restaurant at the Shops of Legacy is a great little place to take a date. We went on a weekday so it was pretty quiet and the service was very attentive. They have a delicious menu of Mediterranean cuisine and an excellent selection of wine. I certainly recommend Cafe Istanbul!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Baklava ever!!!KStategradVIPDined on 12/20/2013Nice ambience, excellent service, the staff was very attentive and accommodating. They sincerely wanted you to enjoy your dining experience. We did! We ordered the sampler platter for two. Everything was wonderful but the beef was a bit tough. Strongly encourage everyone to try the Baklava. We have eaten Baklava all over the world and this is the best we have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutPRPRDined on 12/15/2013Excellent experience. Loved the way they accommodated every request. Loved the place.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentdeltapapaVIPDined on 12/15/2013Have gone several times now and each time is a dining pleasure. Staff is extremely courteous and responsive; the chef is superb. Food is delicious with unique and tasty spice combinations typical of the Mediterranean cuisine. The Anatolian cabernet was delicious and is recommended. Management is pleasant and warmly welcoming. Highly recommend this for a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service a bit SlowMillerbuildsVIPDined on 12/13/2013We went to Cafe Istanbul this past friday and the food and belly dancer were wonderful. We had a great time the only thing that was a bit displeasing was the service. We had our apps and had more than completed them. After being done with the apps for more than 15 minutes the waiter asked if we were done and would we like to have our entree's started....I totally understand staging but this seemed to be a bit long. Over all the dinner took more than 2 hours. Other little things that brought the service down, on of the guests dining with us had a drink before dinner and had not finished it, so when the wine came, they did not provide him with a glass, we had to request one 3 times. To reinforce the food was wonderful! We will go back!Special Features:
- Had only been to the one inTJBSVIPDined on 11/22/2013Had only been to the one in Dallas (which is FABULOUS) so a little hesitant to change location....but, they lived up to their Dallas counterpart and we had a wonderful evening! Will no longer differentiate between the two locations...both are wonderful! Staff is so attentive and takes excellent care of us every time we dine here.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended Lunch SpotdeltapapaVIPDined on 11/17/2013Consistently excellent in providing delicious, freshly prepared, high quality Mediterranean style foods. Friendly, respectful staff that provides attentive service. Reasonably priced for the quality. Atmosphere is genuine Mediterranean. Highly recommended and we will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.