Cafe Istanbul - Dallas
5450 West Lovers Lane
Dallas, TX 75209Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Istanbul - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafe-istanbul.net/
- Phone: (214) 902-0919
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Ahmet Ozdemir
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater your parties. We can provide servers for your special occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can be reserved for special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Unsal Bulut 2149020919
- Entertainment: Bellydancing Shows on Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm.
A word from Cafe Istanbul - Dallas
Authentic Turkish Cuisine, prepared by Turkish Chefs with fresh ingredients. Extensive wine list, Happy Hour, Bellydancing Shows...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Istanbul - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- bobetteDined on 11/18/2014Had not been to Cafe Istanbul in many years. My lunch was delicious. Need to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just don't go lateKayGRVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food at Café Istanbul is wonderful, the ambiance lovely and the service good. It is also open late, so it is convenient for post-Lakewood Theater dining. HOWEVER, when we arrived for dinner at about 10 (they took reservations until 11), they were very anxious to hurry us through the dining process and out the door. Which I did not appreciate. At all.Special Features:
- Tasty foodRbgirlDined on 10/31/2014Great in a quiet environment. The outside porch is quite inviting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jtcnJonmtDined on 10/6/2014Turkish and Greek flavors were authentic and delicious. The house wines were pricey, however the Turkish Merlots were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRox84Dined on 9/12/2014Good Food and perfect ambiance, I prefered soft turkish music all the night and not just when there was the belly dancer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Grill for 2DallasBDevilVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I dine at Café Istanbul at least once each month. We almost always order the mixed grill for two because we enjoy the variety provided with that entrée. The meats are always excellent, and the chef varies the presentation of this dish. I think we've seen different presentations of this dish each time we have dined at Café Istanbul in the past year.Special Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014food was good..but we also wanted to see the Belly dancer we heard about. We went on saturday but it was slow and not many people were there. When asked about the belly dancer, the manager told us that she can not come since her car broke down. I think it was just an excuse because restaurant was not full and she would not get much tip or something. On the bright side, our food was tasty and fresh hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Cafe Istanbul - Dallas reviews archive.
- Cafe Istanbul was awesomeWD40Dined on 6/16/2014I have always heard of the restaurant, but never made the time to go there. Our party had a great time learning about the different type of food and it was very good. I will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACDManDined on 6/6/2014It is VERY VERY hot inside. They don't seem to switch on the AC. We informed them a couple of times but they did not bother to address the issueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic Turkish cooking!PapabearDined on 6/6/2014We enjoy good from all over the Mediterranean and Middle East, but Turkish food is special to us. We've been to Turkey twice on culinary and cultural tours, and it's one of our favorite countries to visit. The food was excellent, everything we could have hoped for that night! We went to the Lovers Lane location in the Inwood shopping center, because of its proximity to my parents, but will be trying the North location soon. I didn't realize they had belly dancing on Friday night, or we might have gone someplace else so that we could have more conversation. However, we still really enjoyed the experience. The dancer was pretty good, even though the sound level made conversation a little tough. Try something w/puréed eggplant. Yumlicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/1/2014We like this place and I just believe we just went on a bad day. My food was OK although a bit salty. The appetizers were OK but I know they can do better. The place lacked ambiance.
- Enjoy Summer diningNYNY007Dined on 5/20/2014Lovely spot for a quiet lunch with a friend. Food and patio were perfect for outdoor dining. Service is fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another findCharlesVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I always look for interesting cuisine and found another that tickles our palette. The presentation and taste of the food was good and will come back due to it. We visited during lunch time, and there are people in the patio area, but inside was empty. I would suggest to the manager to not have the lighting so dark during the lunch hours, and they may have more people start coming in. As I mentioned, the food is good. Our waiter was very attentive at first, but when I asked for the check it took a while before I received it, since he was attentive to new patrons sitting outside. We definitely will come back, if not here, then the one in Plano.Special Features:
- Quaint GemCkg4Dined on 5/6/2014This was our second trip to Cafe Istanbul. As before, the food was excellent. The falafel in particular is not to be missed, and we really enjoyed the chicken and tilapia that we ordered. The wine list is alright. The waiter did try and push a more expensive bottle, but was polite when we declined. It would be nice if the staff were trained not to fill our wine glasses like water glasses. We only got 4 glasses out of our bottle because of the heavy handed pour. It wasn't enough to spoil the evening, but we just expected better. We will be back.Special Features:
- Dependably goodMadbeppoDined on 3/27/2014We needed a quiet place for dinner with a job candidate, and the Cafe Istanbul was perfect for that purpose. A quiet place, with of course good food and service, and the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish DelightMr90CalDined on 3/22/2014The menu items may sound familiar, but the quality, preparation and seasoning transcends the ordinary. Reservations did not appear to be necessary as the greater did not check, nor appear to have, a podium list. We were seated immediately. We were given a less-than-prime spot but the service and attentiveness from the staff did not suffer, Beer and wine only. Canned music a bit intrusive, and at one point, dueling with a second source. Half a Dollar Sign overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cultural, but a little over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014My husband and I wanted to try this restaurant as it is within walking distance of our house and it was one of the few in the area we had not yet visited. Friday evening dinner scene was rather sedate, only about 25% of tables were filled, and the lighting was very low (we're in our 20's and it was even a little dark for my eyes). Food was decent, but given the prices I felt it was a few dollars over-priced. Then there was the belly dancer.... not overly distracting, but the music accompanying the dancing was very loud, and I could've done without the show. BUT it was a very authentic feel, the owner/manager greeted every patron at the door, and our waitress was very kind and helpful. Overall: good to try once, but likely will not return.
- Excellent ExperienceFrank17504Dined on 3/8/2014The food and the entertainment were excellent. This is a great restaurant if you want the experience of a Turkish/Middle Eastern dinning experience. Next time we care in Dallas, we will definitely place this restaurant on list of places to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night outGoodgirlVIPDined on 2/18/2014The waiter misled us on a dish we could not eat and only offered dessert in lieu of. Thought that was kind of tacky. Everything else was OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BDanceDined on 2/15/2014True to the Turkish culture, Cafe Istanbul is delicious. The service and food were top quality, and this place is excellent for a date night or lunch out while shopping. You just need to eat there, at some point, and if possible, more than once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Cafe Istanbul!birdmanDined on 2/14/2014This is my favorite restaurant! My wife and I go every Valentine's Day! They have the best Calamari that we have ever had. The bread is great and the food is just plain AWESOME! If you haven't eaten there before you are missing out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentCkg4Dined on 2/10/2014I came here with my Dad, looking for something different for his trip into town. Cafe Istanbul was a real winner. The service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was great for a quiet get together. One note, when they say their food is spicy, they mean it. It wasn't over the top, blow your head off, but deliciously spicy, and we loved it. We tried the Turkish wine on offer. Our server was great getting us several to try so we could chose the one we enjoyed the best. We also asked for a plate to go, as one of our party couldn't make it to dinner. They put it together with care. It was obvious that everyone there had pride in their establishment, and the service they provided.Special Features:
- I got hummus to start, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/22/2014I got hummus to start, which was tasty, but drier than most. Heavy on the chickpeas, light on the garlic lemon and tahini. I also had the lunch special with Falafel and salad. The salad was a very small portion about the size of your fist. The flafel sandwich comes on a flatbread pita with falafel only and no other toppings, which makes it very bland. I put the salad on top of the sandwich. I also had an iced tea and a turkish coffee. Including tip it was $32. Pricey for what you actually get. You would do better to go to Cafe Izmir, or even GRIP Mediterranean, for that matter.
- Great lunch restaurant. IHewieVIPDined on 1/20/2014Great lunch restaurant. I love the mediterranean style salads!Special Features:
- We loved the calamari - lightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014We loved the calamari - lightly battered. I had the lamb shank. Delicious.Special Features:
- Group FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014We were a group of 7 and the waiter did a great job of helping us order combined sample platters that everyone enjoyed. The belly dancer on Saturday night was an added attraction.Special Features:
- Cafe IstanbulCReynoldsDined on 1/4/2014Our appetizers were good. but, our main courses left a lot to be desired. Two guests ordered lamb chops which they were out of, so they substiuted lamb kabobs. The kabobs we very well done although they were ordered medium rare. i ordered salmon which was dry as a bone, and the sauce accompaning it was very tart and vinegary. The fourth diner ordered the specail. He barely ate two bites. He said it was awful. There was a belly dancer that was very hokey. A little bit of that goes a long way especially when you are trying to have a conversation with your guest. We won't be going back again.
- Spontaneous ChoiceGreggDined on 12/31/2013I have seen the Cafe Istanbul at Legacy Village but never tried it. On NYE we had a limited choice in places to eat since I was making last minute reservations.. The Dallas location near Loves Field had a couple of tables open and we grab one up quick. The food was great, the Turkish wine our waitress recommend was great, our waitress was amazing as well as the rest of the staff. In the end I will be visiting Cafe Istanbul on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were out of some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013They were out of some of the menu items we were looking to order, but overall good restaurant.
- Nice Turkish lunchtexasmamaVIPDined on 10/24/2013I met a friend at Cafe Istanbul for lunch and we were able to sit outside at a very shaded table. I ordered the lunch special which was soup and a sandwich. The lentil soup was really delicious as was the chicken sandwich that I ordered. It also came with a few pieces of baklava. My friend ordered the beef kabob which looked great but she said it was a bit too spicy for her. The waitress brought her some yogurt sauce to cool it down which worked for her. Overall, we thought that our lunch was very nice .Special Features:
- We love it! Danny is wonderful!TJBSVIPDined on 9/28/2013Dine here often and Danny is our favorite waiter. He takes wonderful care of us, allows makes sure our order is correct (I have allergies that require special attention) and remembers us and our preferences every time we're there. The food is great and he definitely adds to the whole experience! Will be back again and again! One of our favorite places!Special Features:
- Exellent PlaceTroyDined on 9/28/2013The food was magnificent and the service, impeccable.Special Features:
- Happy we tried itJujubeanDined on 8/30/2013Two of us split an appetizer tray with 4 appetizers and it was enough for lunch. Save room for the baklava and Turkish coffee for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something wonderfully differentRandSDined on 8/22/2013This restaurant is a great find in Dallas. The food is different and extremely tasty. The breads are wonderful, the salads differnt than anything you have had anywhere and the lamb selections incredible. The staff is very eager to help explain each item, so no fear of not knowing the food. No matter who you are, you will find something of interst ont he vast menu. They even have wines from Turkey that were very nice. WE have gone a few times now and keep finding new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined here several times.TJBSVIPDined on 8/8/2013Dined here several times. Can be difficult when ordering if the waitstaff is unfamiliar with the menu as with our last experience. But, once someone seasoned is found things look up. We enjoy dining here and will be back
- Tasty but priceyethnicfoodieDined on 8/5/2013Visited this restaurant before but remembered larger portions previously. Food was seasoned and tasty but I would only go back for special occasions. This is not a place I would visit frequently unless I had money to spend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!AnnieDined on 7/31/2013Love to eat at this little restaurant at Inwood Village. The food is great and the ambience as well. The beef and lamb dish is well-spiced and excellent. Love the hummus as well!Special Features: