944 West Jericho Tpke.
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafehavanali.com/
- Phone: 6316706277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday-CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ramon Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: CAKES/PASTRIES Are Not Allowed To Be Walked In By Our Guest.
Cafe Havana Offers freshly baked tropical Cakes for any special event.
A word from Cafe Havana
Imagine being on a tropical island, Listening to Latin Jazz played softly in the background as you indulge yourself in the most exquisite meals and drinks this island has to offer. Well now you can experience the taste of the Caribbean right in your neighborhood. Cafe Havana will transport You there without ever leaving your seat. With the palm trees surrounding you and the wide variety of food to choose from you will feel like you have been transported to a tropical island. The menu consists of Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Spanish influences. Come savor all the food we offer and don"t forget to order our famous mojito made in the most traditional way. The warm atmosphere and friendly service will capture you. Once you get transported to the Caribbean you will never want to leave. We hope to see you here soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Havana - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Cafe Havana reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)good for groups (62)romantic (59)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (30)late-night find (27)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Excellent service & delicious food.TleenyDined on 9/12/2014Our server was top notch and was very helpful when made aware of dietary requests such a gluten free etc. Looking forward to returning and trying other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food/wait is too longCafeHavanaDined on 9/6/2014I had an 8:30p reservation which we arrived 5 minutes early. The hostess kept saying you'll be seated in a few minutes. After waiting 10 minutes I asked what's a few minutes and she said 2 more minutes because they are cleaning off the table. Another 15 minutes went by and she said oh they're setting up the tables now. (VERY FRUSTRATING) We didn't get seated until after 9. We placed our food and drink orders 15 minutes after being seated. We didn't receive our food until an hour later, which was after 10pm. Keep in mind that the place closes at 11pm. Overall the food was amazing but the wait time was horrible. It was also my birthday :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I used to come here before it was renovated and when they used to have the live band playing latin music. I now came for the first time since then just to find out they no longer play. Very disappointed, not the same feel. I came on a saturday nite and the noise level was unbareable! We couldn't hear ourselves talk, it was terrible. The food was good, not great and the service, well we waited 1 1/2 hrs for our dinner. Not acceptable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCrystalDined on 9/6/2014We went to celebrate with family and choose this restaurant for its delicious menu. Our waiter was very attentive. Service was very good. Would definitely come back and recommend to anyone looking for a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014this was our first experience here. The reception upon arrival was welcoming and the table service was spectacular! The food was fabulous. Will absolutely be back. Planning on bringing friends next time and staying for the lounge experience.Special Features:
- Try this placeHgrabkowDined on 9/5/2014Food is "off the hook". Portions are large and service is pleasant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I took my daughter and friends to dinner and it was wonderful. Food was delicious, drinks were amazing and couldn't beat the service. I will definately be going back and would highly recommend this great restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Great good, deviceQuietCoupleVIPDined on 9/2/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday night. Cafe Havana was not at all crowded. The food, Cuban and Puerto Rican, was excellent. Our waitress was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The only downside: it was noisy. The acoustics are not great and the party at the table next to us was loud. Much improved over the last time (pre-renovation) that we visited. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Going Back!GinaDined on 8/30/2014Service was outstanding! From the moment we entered until we left, the staff was attentive, informative and professional, yet personable & friendly. It was a great gastro-experience. One flaw in my opinion - their Mango Mojito wasn't as fabulous as expected, their base recipe can use "fine-tuning".Special Features:
- Yummy foodTimb516Dined on 8/30/2014Great tasting food everything is delicious nothing over seasoned or too salty, not the cheapest restaurant but definitely worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DebbieDined on 8/30/2014The food was great, the service was great and the atmosphere was great. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- CookieDined on 8/23/2014The waitress was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu. The food was fresh and delicious. The Fire Clams and Pinapple Pinchos appetizers were a great way to kick off the meal. Our entrees were cooked perfectly to our specifications. The Red Sangria is a must!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Our party of 5 enjoyed our meals and thought the food was delicious. The presentation was impressive and our waiter was attentive. We all agreed we would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AmbianceChloejDined on 8/16/2014Went here for the first time since the renovation for a friends low-key Bachelorette Dinner. Requested a corner table (quiet) and it was perfect. The food was excellent - everyone enjoyed everything especially the coconut shrimp, Paella, Steaks, salads, etc. Service was attentive & the ambiance was nice - it is Cuban themed by not overdone, very classy. And the downstairs dancefloor sounded like a lot of fun, but we didn't get to check it out. Will definitely be going here again for a nice night out!Special Features:
- luna51Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent. We started with the coconut appetizer and beef empanada, delicious! Our main entrees were great too - Shrimp Ajillo, Shrimp and Scallop special with Chipotle sauce, Shredded Beef with sauce and sweet plaintains - so good! The Havana Bananas dessert was incredible! The presentation of the food was wonderful and the cocktails were good - geat mojitos. Very comfortable environment, loved the decor, service was great - definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnvy244Dined on 8/15/2014The food and service was amazing! Good service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timermissfeteDined on 8/9/2014Had dinner here last night for friends birthday. Great Cuban food, Cool ambience...loved the conga bar stools! Service was decent, food reasonably priced. After dinner went downstairs to party for free, nice space, bartender made fresh mojitos $10/each. DJ wasnt bad, top 40 mixed with classic party music. Only downside really was the crowd, not enough people. I recommend this spot on a Friday or Saturday night to people in their late 20s-30s who are looking for a nice local spot. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic and casuallitoDined on 8/8/2014The staff was very friendly and accomodating, the food had a nice presentation, and it tasted very delicious. Mostly groups and couples are seen, if you dont mind the noise, then its ok. Our server was amazing and very friendly. Overall it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianaceccDined on 8/2/2014Very good food and the personnel were great. There were a couple of big parties there that slowed down the delivery of the meal but the servers told us about it which was no problem because we were having a great time as the drinks were very tasty. The only negative was it was a little loud in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRicoDined on 7/31/2014My wife is part Cuban, and we took her mom who is Cuban here. She thought it was great. Food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSusieDined on 7/27/2014Really nice for special occasions, good service. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceWillbebackDined on 7/27/2014I've been there three times since they reopened and everytime its been a great experience. I highly recommend it to anyone that loves great food and service. Good variety of food and its not done half way just to fill a menu. Chef is great and the food is cooked and prepared just right. Keep up the good work everyone who works hard at makeing it happen, we will definitely continue going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!alwayshungryDined on 7/25/2014The food is delicious, especially the appetizers and the portions are very generous. The staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentAdrock0017VIPDined on 7/23/2014Rarely do I indulge in Cuban or Puerto Rican cuisine so I don't feel comfortable commenting on authenticity. That said, I love that this place exists here on the Island. The restaurant itself is well appointed, the menu well thought out, the staff well educated, and the complimentary fried plantain chips...YES! I went with just a basic Cuban Sandwich which have been hit or miss with me at other Cuban restaurants in the past. This one was certainly a hit. Served as two monster halves this sandwich is more than enough for most to bring home leftovers. I on the other hand couldn't resist from finishing the whole thing. For a guy like me who doesn't often stray from the LI norm Cafe Havana is a great refreshing spot offering something different
- My New FavoriteNewFavDined on 7/19/2014Everything was amazing. Great food, Great Drinks, Great waiter, will definitely be going back with a group of friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RichDined on 7/19/2014This was my fourth time here. Everything I have ever ordered at this place has been absolutely delicious! Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itTirednessVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our daughter suggested this restaurant. What a find. The food was wonderful. So good in fact, we were sampling each other's. We did share an appetizer-although the portions are quite large & no need to add. Already decided what I'll try next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Cafe HavanaEchevarriaTravelDined on 7/12/2014We found this a few years ago. We own Echevarria Travel in Brentwood, and have many friends in the music business that we come and hear like Sammy Gonzalez, Jr. Mambo Loco and Elegancia De La Salsa. We took our good friends and clients out for my husbands 64th birthday. And will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprisefivestargemDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I Love Salsa music and a friend recommended we try this place. We expected good food...but upon the first bite....we fell in love. The atmosphere was great...The food exceptional and the service was great. We ended the night with a little dancing and it was so much fun. I wish the DJ would play more Salsa as that's what the crowd wanted...but it was still an AWESOME experience. We will be back very soon.....and with friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceNYJoeDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good, although not traditional Cuban. A bit pricey for what it was. The dessert was overpriced and not as good as I have had. Would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood findGinaVIPDined on 7/10/2014If you are looking for a different style of cuisine, I would recommend trying Cafe Havana. The restaurant interior has appearance of a refined Latin/Caribbean. The service was good, food was good- although my mofungo was a bit dry, portion sizes were fair, however prices were overpriced for what was given (i.e. crabcake appetizer = $18).Special Features:
- Amazing food!JenHDined on 7/9/2014Although a bit pricey, this place was awesome! I can't wait to go back for more! The food was delicious and the portions sizes were huge! If you like Cuban food, this is definitely the place for you. Words cannot express how good the pork mofongo was. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placedchoy316Dined on 7/5/2014Food was Great! Service was Great! Didn't wait long for our food.. definitely a place I would come back to and recommend to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not come backCin427Dined on 7/3/2014Completely disappointed. Food was great but waited over 1 hour to ger entrees. Once we were finally done eating waited another 30 minutes for the dessert MENU. Needless to say to get the check was another nightmare. Would not come back.
- MOFONGOLovemofongoDined on 6/27/2014The Churrasco mofongo was amazing!! & their mojitos are great!!Special Features:
- best foodstephieDined on 6/27/2014I came here three times and was never dissappointed. I love a lot of food so the food portion was just right and very delicious. The service is great. Very friendly and would do anything to please you. This place is a 100 percent must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but....HavanaGoodDined on 6/21/2014The food and service were great. I'm glad we don't dine there that often. Too expensive for my blood. Be careful where they sit you. The initial table they were sitting us were next to the kitchen therefore would have been heavy traffic. We elected to be seated in the corner. Overall it was good experience.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant32AnniversaryDined on 6/20/2014This has become my family's favorite restaurant for celebrating special occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okfatimam18Dined on 6/20/2014the food was just ok, shrimp ceviche was made with little baby shrimp which is a cheap move. also the VALET guys LOST MY HOUSE KEY so i had to get my house lock replaced mojitos were good, and it's nice inside, was quite empty for a friday night.Special Features:
- VAgirlsDined on 6/17/2014We went for a girl's nite out and it really was nice. Tuesday night so was rather slow. Food was really great. Service attentive.Special Features: