944 West Jericho Tpke.
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafehavanali.com/
- Phone: 6316706277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday-CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ramon Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: CAKES/PASTRIES Are Not Allowed To Be Walked In By Our Guest.
Cafe Havana Offers freshly baked tropical Cakes for any special event.
A word from Cafe Havana
Imagine being on a tropical island, Listening to Latin Jazz played softly in the background as you indulge yourself in the most exquisite meals and drinks this island has to offer. Well now you can experience the taste of the Caribbean right in your neighborhood. Cafe Havana will transport You there without ever leaving your seat. With the palm trees surrounding you and the wide variety of food to choose from you will feel like you have been transported to a tropical island. The menu consists of Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Spanish influences. Come savor all the food we offer and don"t forget to order our famous mojito made in the most traditional way. The warm atmosphere and friendly service will capture you. Once you get transported to the Caribbean you will never want to leave. We hope to see you here soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Havana - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Cafe Havana reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)good for groups (73)romantic (64)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (33)late-night find (32)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- CookieDined on 8/23/2014The waitress was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu. The food was fresh and delicious. The Fire Clams and Pinapple Pinchos appetizers were a great way to kick off the meal. Our entrees were cooked perfectly to our specifications. The Red Sangria is a must!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Our party of 5 enjoyed our meals and thought the food was delicious. The presentation was impressive and our waiter was attentive. We all agreed we would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AmbianceChloejDined on 8/16/2014Went here for the first time since the renovation for a friends low-key Bachelorette Dinner. Requested a corner table (quiet) and it was perfect. The food was excellent - everyone enjoyed everything especially the coconut shrimp, Paella, Steaks, salads, etc. Service was attentive & the ambiance was nice - it is Cuban themed by not overdone, very classy. And the downstairs dancefloor sounded like a lot of fun, but we didn't get to check it out. Will definitely be going here again for a nice night out!Special Features:
- luna51Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent. We started with the coconut appetizer and beef empanada, delicious! Our main entrees were great too - Shrimp Ajillo, Shrimp and Scallop special with Chipotle sauce, Shredded Beef with sauce and sweet plaintains - so good! The Havana Bananas dessert was incredible! The presentation of the food was wonderful and the cocktails were good - geat mojitos. Very comfortable environment, loved the decor, service was great - definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnvy244Dined on 8/15/2014The food and service was amazing! Good service and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timermissfeteDined on 8/9/2014Had dinner here last night for friends birthday. Great Cuban food, Cool ambience...loved the conga bar stools! Service was decent, food reasonably priced. After dinner went downstairs to party for free, nice space, bartender made fresh mojitos $10/each. DJ wasnt bad, top 40 mixed with classic party music. Only downside really was the crowd, not enough people. I recommend this spot on a Friday or Saturday night to people in their late 20s-30s who are looking for a nice local spot. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic and casuallitoDined on 8/8/2014The staff was very friendly and accomodating, the food had a nice presentation, and it tasted very delicious. Mostly groups and couples are seen, if you dont mind the noise, then its ok. Our server was amazing and very friendly. Overall it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianaceccDined on 8/2/2014Very good food and the personnel were great. There were a couple of big parties there that slowed down the delivery of the meal but the servers told us about it which was no problem because we were having a great time as the drinks were very tasty. The only negative was it was a little loud in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRicoDined on 7/31/2014My wife is part Cuban, and we took her mom who is Cuban here. She thought it was great. Food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSusieDined on 7/27/2014Really nice for special occasions, good service. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceWillbebackDined on 7/27/2014I've been there three times since they reopened and everytime its been a great experience. I highly recommend it to anyone that loves great food and service. Good variety of food and its not done half way just to fill a menu. Chef is great and the food is cooked and prepared just right. Keep up the good work everyone who works hard at makeing it happen, we will definitely continue going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!alwayshungryDined on 7/25/2014The food is delicious, especially the appetizers and the portions are very generous. The staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentAdrock0017VIPDined on 7/23/2014Rarely do I indulge in Cuban or Puerto Rican cuisine so I don't feel comfortable commenting on authenticity. That said, I love that this place exists here on the Island. The restaurant itself is well appointed, the menu well thought out, the staff well educated, and the complimentary fried plantain chips...YES! I went with just a basic Cuban Sandwich which have been hit or miss with me at other Cuban restaurants in the past. This one was certainly a hit. Served as two monster halves this sandwich is more than enough for most to bring home leftovers. I on the other hand couldn't resist from finishing the whole thing. For a guy like me who doesn't often stray from the LI norm Cafe Havana is a great refreshing spot offering something different
- My New FavoriteNewFavDined on 7/19/2014Everything was amazing. Great food, Great Drinks, Great waiter, will definitely be going back with a group of friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RichDined on 7/19/2014This was my fourth time here. Everything I have ever ordered at this place has been absolutely delicious! Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itTirednessVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our daughter suggested this restaurant. What a find. The food was wonderful. So good in fact, we were sampling each other's. We did share an appetizer-although the portions are quite large & no need to add. Already decided what I'll try next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Cafe HavanaEchevarriaTravelDined on 7/12/2014We found this a few years ago. We own Echevarria Travel in Brentwood, and have many friends in the music business that we come and hear like Sammy Gonzalez, Jr. Mambo Loco and Elegancia De La Salsa. We took our good friends and clients out for my husbands 64th birthday. And will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprisefivestargemDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I Love Salsa music and a friend recommended we try this place. We expected good food...but upon the first bite....we fell in love. The atmosphere was great...The food exceptional and the service was great. We ended the night with a little dancing and it was so much fun. I wish the DJ would play more Salsa as that's what the crowd wanted...but it was still an AWESOME experience. We will be back very soon.....and with friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceNYJoeDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good, although not traditional Cuban. A bit pricey for what it was. The dessert was overpriced and not as good as I have had. Would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood findGinaVIPDined on 7/10/2014If you are looking for a different style of cuisine, I would recommend trying Cafe Havana. The restaurant interior has appearance of a refined Latin/Caribbean. The service was good, food was good- although my mofungo was a bit dry, portion sizes were fair, however prices were overpriced for what was given (i.e. crabcake appetizer = $18).Special Features:
- Amazing food!JenHDined on 7/9/2014Although a bit pricey, this place was awesome! I can't wait to go back for more! The food was delicious and the portions sizes were huge! If you like Cuban food, this is definitely the place for you. Words cannot express how good the pork mofongo was. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placedchoy316Dined on 7/5/2014Food was Great! Service was Great! Didn't wait long for our food.. definitely a place I would come back to and recommend to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not come backCin427Dined on 7/3/2014Completely disappointed. Food was great but waited over 1 hour to ger entrees. Once we were finally done eating waited another 30 minutes for the dessert MENU. Needless to say to get the check was another nightmare. Would not come back.
- MOFONGOLovemofongoDined on 6/27/2014The Churrasco mofongo was amazing!! & their mojitos are great!!Special Features:
- best foodstephieDined on 6/27/2014I came here three times and was never dissappointed. I love a lot of food so the food portion was just right and very delicious. The service is great. Very friendly and would do anything to please you. This place is a 100 percent must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but....HavanaGoodDined on 6/21/2014The food and service were great. I'm glad we don't dine there that often. Too expensive for my blood. Be careful where they sit you. The initial table they were sitting us were next to the kitchen therefore would have been heavy traffic. We elected to be seated in the corner. Overall it was good experience.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant32AnniversaryDined on 6/20/2014This has become my family's favorite restaurant for celebrating special occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okfatimam18Dined on 6/20/2014the food was just ok, shrimp ceviche was made with little baby shrimp which is a cheap move. also the VALET guys LOST MY HOUSE KEY so i had to get my house lock replaced mojitos were good, and it's nice inside, was quite empty for a friday night.Special Features:
- VAgirlsDined on 6/17/2014We went for a girl's nite out and it really was nice. Tuesday night so was rather slow. Food was really great. Service attentive.Special Features:
- Great!CassyDined on 6/14/2014The service was great across the board. The food was delicious. For my main course i got a steak. For dessert i got tres leche cake, which i felt could have had more milk in it, but otherwise was good. The ambiance is really pretty. Me and my friends had a great time and will like to return. I would recommend this restaurant to others as well. It's a bit on the pricy side, but if you prefer good food, ambiance and service then it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itvicmaryDined on 6/8/2014The place was clean, modern and the food was outstanding! Tasted fresh and delish! We will be going again for sure! Oh and thier drinks were uniquely goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmardonDined on 6/8/2014Food was great, service was too. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Service was great. The menu had a nice selection and the food was very good and presented beautifully. Dinner prices a little high for this area. Not "cozy," the room is large, but the noise level was controlled. We had a nice corner spot, making up for the big room. I would have been able to say "quiet," but one woman's voice travelled above all others in the room... We were inside, but it had a great outdoor patio. Not sure if that is used in the summer for dining. I would go back, but only with a coupon.Special Features:
- Great TimeMike63Dined on 6/7/2014I thought that Cafe Havana offered great food and service. The waiters were very helpful explaining the menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014luv it...food great hidden gem. People were nice fun and friendly. Would come here again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEGGSDined on 6/1/2014FRIENDLY STAFF, EXCELLENT CUISINE, BEAUTIFUL INTERIOR, WITH OUTDOOR SEATING.Special Features:
- Tasty, but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2014Our food was delicious, and our drinks excellent. Service was perfect, and the venue itself is beautiful, if a little loud at times. Our only 'complaint,' per se, is the cost of the food. For example, my shrimp mofongo, ($15 in Puerto Rico, and $18.95 in the middle of Times Square at Havana Central, is a whopping $30 here, for a portion that's only 2/3 the size of the one you would receive in an NYC restaurant. Given the location, I might wonder why the prices are even more excessive than those in a tourist trap in the middle of Times Square. Other than that, everything is excellent. This is a great date night place, but expect to spend a good deal more than you would for the same quality of food elsewhere.Special Features:
- Fantastic find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We are a family with young children. We were pleasantly surprised to stumble upon Cafe Havana. The food was wonderful, even the kids were happy with their meals! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sferzolaDined on 5/31/2014The choice on the menu were plentiful and the meals were just as delicious. The restaurant has cozy elegant Cuban atmosphere with an attentive staff. My only recommendation would be Cuban or Latino music (live or recorded) while dining to cut down the nearby table conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completo!MichaelDined on 5/30/2014Food, service, atmosphere were outstanding. Fire clam appetizer is a must. Our new go to restaurant. Authentic Cuban Cuisine. OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.